[1.12.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.14.3] [4th March 2023]

sarbian

4 hours ago, Frostiken said:

So I have a stupid problem. Whenever I launch a craft, my Mechjeb windows are mostly closed. Vessel info stays open, but Orbital and Surface windows close themselves. I have to manually open them every single time. I even opened the config file outside the game and made sure to save it with "showInFlight = True" set, and it still doesn't make a damn difference.

Probably same problem as the random movement of dropdown box.

I have noticed that the "mechjeb_settings_global" will randomly rewrite itself every now and then. I know for sure because I have left notes for myself in the config, that magically disappear after an incident.

21 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Probably same problem as the random movement of dropdown box.

I have noticed that the "mechjeb_settings_global" will randomly rewrite itself every now and then. I know for sure because I have left notes for myself in the config, that magically disappear after an incident.

I switched to the Developer build on CKAN and looks like the problem is fixed.

Had weird issue with Advanced Transfer:

Started on circular (ish) orbit just above Minmus orbit, selected Eve, got porkchop selection, selected, say "departure in 3 days, ETA something, dV=3000 m/s". Great, creating maneuver node and see that it's in ~36 days instead of 3 and burn's dV is ~6000 instead of 3000. Trajectory was actually aiming for encounter with target with chosen altitude (and achieved trajectory was surprisingly similar to predicted, despite 1 hour burn), but dV and departure time difference in created node was strange. Where should I start digging? Don't think this could be craft-related issue.

5 hours ago, Mystique said:

Had weird issue with Advanced Transfer:

Started on circular (ish) orbit just above Minmus orbit, selected Eve, got porkchop selection, selected, say "departure in 3 days, ETA something, dV=3000 m/s". Great, creating maneuver node and see that it's in ~36 days instead of 3 and burn's dV is ~6000 instead of 3000. Trajectory was actually aiming for encounter with target with chosen altitude (and achieved trajectory was surprisingly similar to predicted, despite 1 hour burn), but dV and departure time difference in created node was strange. Where should I start digging? Don't think this could be craft-related issue.

Known issue, that happens regularly. Because the solar system is constantly moving and it just a calculation algorythm working with known data. It can shift in the short time it takes to set up the node. Best to take the original calculation you liked and see how close you can replicate it yourself. Humans are far better at reassessing on the fly and making more subtle adjustments. I have made intersects in days through creative use of slingshot orbits that mechjeb wanted to take a year.

I've placed the following cfg into my custom configs folder in order to get all mechjeb modules unlocked at the start of a science mode game. However, it's having no effect at all - meaning that a craft built when there are no nodes unlocked has only the normal start modules unlocked.

Should this method still work in the latest MJ, or did I just mess something up somewhere?

Spoiler

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]:Final
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = MechJebCore

MechJebLocalSettings
        {

MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleSmartASS { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleNodeEditor {unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleTranslatron { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleWarpHelper { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleThrustWindow { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleRoverWindow { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { unlockTechs = start }

}

}
}

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers

24 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I've placed the following cfg into my custom configs folder in order to get all mechjeb modules unlocked at the start of a science mode game. However, it's having no effect at all - meaning that a craft built when there are no nodes unlocked has only the normal start modules unlocked.

Should this method still work in the latest MJ, or did I just mess something up somewhere?

Hide contents

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]:Final
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = MechJebCore

MechJebLocalSettings
        {

MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleSmartASS { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleNodeEditor {unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleTranslatron { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleWarpHelper { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleThrustWindow { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleRoverWindow { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { unlockTechs = start }

}

}
}

hi ! you can simply add this empty folder at gamedata : MechJebUnlocked

46 minutes ago, rebel-1 said:

Author, remove the Russian localization of the mod. This is a fail. It is impossible to play with it, so I had to delete it and use the English version. :wacko:

I am not affiliated but, Go in and rewrite the translations in the localisation file for Russian and then submit your translation file. For them to use in their releases. Helps you both. Remember that Russian is probably not their first language and they get/need someone else to write it up.

2 hours ago, rebel-1 said:

Author, remove the Russian localization of the mod. This is a fail. It is impossible to play with it, so I had to delete it and use the English version. :wacko:

1 hour ago, ColdJ said:

rewrite the translations in the localisation file for Russian and then submit your translation file

This is the file, btw. Click the pencil icon to start editing.

You can even view the revision history to see the names of the users you've insulted who contributed the translation.

6 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

This is the file, btw. Click the pencil icon to start editing.

You can even view the revision history to see the names of the users you've insulted who contributed the translation.

If there is a desire, then perhaps I will do it.

Tell me, why is the MJ control registered by default in all command modules? Pilots do not need training, all the functions of holding control from the start of their career are available.

2 minutes ago, rebel-1 said:

Tell me, why is the MJ control registered by default in all command modules? Pilots do not need training, all the functions of holding control from the start of their career are available.

I have no idea why you are asking me that. I don't use MechJeb.

54 minutes ago, rebel-1 said:

If there is a desire, then perhaps I will do it.

If you have "MechJebNoCommandPod.cfg" in Mechjeb2/Parts. Rename the suffix to txt and then see how you go. If you want mechjeb in a craft you will just have to add the mechjeb part that looks like a walkie talkie.

3 hours ago, rebel-1 said:

А что не так с русским переводом? Я с 2014 года играл в КСП на английском языке, и МехДжеб, соответственно, тоже. В марте этого года решил поиграть  на русском и никаких трудностей с МехДжебом не возникло,  всё понятно.

What's wrong with the Russian translation? I have been playing KSP in English since 2014, and Mechjeb, respectively, too. In March of this year, I decided to play in Russian and there were no difficulties with Mechjeb, everything is clear.

Edited by Kerbuvim

55 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

If you have "MechJebNoCommandPod.cfg" in Mechjeb2/Parts. Rename the suffix to txt and then see how you go. If you want mechjeb in a craft you will just have to add the mechjeb part that looks like a walkie talkie.

It's not about MJ. I removed all the mods in general, on a fully stock game, Jeb with 1 star has all the control functions available.

Created a new career game. The Jeb has all the stabilization functions at once.

Edited by rebel-1

2 hours ago, rebel-1 said:

It's not about MJ. I removed all the mods in general, on a fully stock game, Jeb with 1 star has all the control functions available.

Created a new career game. The Jeb has all the stabilization functions at once.

If it is not about MJ, and if you have removed MJ, then it is not. Then why are you complaining about it here? It is a topic for the troubleshooting KSP forums.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/69-technical-support-pc-unmodded-installs/

I'm gonna repost this again, sorry. I still have the issue and no one has replied to the thread. I have looked into the issue and I can't find any solutions.

I'm having issues with Smart A.S.S. It does nothing until I go above 140km, then tries to point towards something I asked it to execute 4 minutes prior. No one else I know has this issue.  Currently running MJ2DEV on version 2.11.0.0-1034 or 35 In 1.10.1 with RSS/RO.  Sorry I can't get the exact version. Log: https://www54.zippyshare.com/v/eWHiCZEH/file.html

2 hours ago, RP1IsSuperior said:

I'm gonna repost this again, sorry. I still have the issue and no one has replied to the thread. I have looked into the issue and I can't find any solutions.

I'm having issues with Smart A.S.S. It does nothing until I go above 140km, then tries to point towards something I asked it to execute 4 minutes prior. No one else I know has this issue.  Currently running MJ2DEV on version 2.11.0.0-1034 or 35 In 1.10.1 with RSS/RO.  Sorry I can't get the exact version. Log: https://www54.zippyshare.com/v/eWHiCZEH/file.html

Your log is filled with FAR and kOS related error from the second you load your save. The fact that MJ is not working as intended is the least of your problem.

@sarbian. Thanks for the great mod, I especially like being able to put custom readouts on my screen. I play 1.9.1 and use your version 2.9.20 Mostly fine a few quirks like the drop down moving randomly. I have learnt how to fix that in the global cfg file. At some point the Aircraft auto pilot for setting a heading and speed, height etc just stopped working, yet the Aircraft Approach and Autoland works fine. I have a landing sites cfg for all of the Kerbinside bases and , Hafco. but I had to be selective because Mechjeb2 doesn't have terrain avoidance. So not needing you to fix a problem I have. Just wondering if you are able to work with the people who did the BD Armory autopliot to have Mechjeb fly higher and avoid hills and mountains? Thanks for your time and great work.

Just a PSA to those using Mechjeb on KSP 1.10 (and maybe earlier).

I was having issues using Mechjeb2  version 2.12.0.0 on both a stock and RSS carreer where the Delta-V Stats screen would always show 0's. Not a huge deal itself, but it meant the Execute Next Node button would initatie a burn at the node instead of ahead of time for longer burns. This also made several other modes function abnormally (ascent, landing, etc).

Rolling back to Mechjeb2 version 2.11.0.0 solved all of my issues so far and burns trigger almost exactly when KSP/KER says to. I can only assume something in the update to work with KSP 1.11 means the new MJ version does not work with older KSP versions for delta-V calculations. I scrolled back through the dozen or so pages to the 2.12 update and did not see any answers related to this so though I'd leave this here in case others come looking with the same issue.

On 4/25/2021 at 6:48 AM, Adriayn said:

I was having issues using Mechjeb2  version 2.12.0.0 on both a stock and RSS carreer where the Delta-V Stats screen would always show 0's.

Ah, I forgot about this. I wanted to look into it a few weeks ago and then I got sick... I just tested some code that seems to fix it for KSP 1.10 and later. I'll push the code to the dev version later

I am having problems with MechJeb Rover Autopilot speed control. I searched this forum with no luck, at least nothing within the same versions of KSP & MechJeb. I started a new game recently, made sure MechJeb was updated to the latest version. I pretty much only use MechJeb for three things in the game, three critical things for me; orbital rendezvous, docking, and cruise control for my rovers. The former two work fine. I cannot seem to get speed control to work right. Whenever I enable it, even at 0m/s, the rover will just keep accelerating. I have tried both auto and override for friction and traction control, I tried various settings. Once I did get it to work on a rover, but I cannot duplicate with I did even when I duplicate the settings on the working rover. I've always had it working in previous versions, once I optimized the friction and traction settings for the particular world. I really hope to get this working because for me rovers are a pain without MechJeb speed control. Thanks!