[1.12.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.14.3] [4th March 2023]

sarbian

9 hours ago, Burning Kan said:

try to orient the control part in drive direction (vertical not horizontal)

Hide contents

oUdcMy9.jpg

Or switch "Control Point" to match driving direction.

Or if you have multiple probe cores or docking ports etc. try "Control From Here"

I have similar problem with space probes. When they detach from mothership I have to change control point or control part, else they can't perform MJ orbital maneuvers (they are switching thrust on&off and keep trying to turn)

Edited by ronillon

I get "An error occurred while creating node"  when trying to use transfer to target with any option other than at optimal time.  If I want to do it sooner for higher deltaV for example I can't cause MechJeb doesn't even make the node. I also get same error trying to do any kind of transfer to another planet. I tried Dev version also but it did not help.

LOG: https://www74.zippyshare.com/v/PvSSEo1l/file.html

ingame console error:  https://imgur.com/sbKuuen

Edited by Nether

22 hours ago, Burning Kan said:

try to orient the control part in drive direction (vertical not horizontal)

Reveal hidden contents

oUdcMy9.jpg

12 hours ago, ronillon said:

Or switch "Control Point" to match driving direction.

Or if you have multiple probe cores or docking ports etc. try "Control From Here"

I have similar problem with space probes. When they detach from mothership I have to change control point or control part, else they can't perform MJ orbital maneuvers (they are switching thrust on&off and keep trying to turn)

Thanks guys for your suggestions. In fact I have tried switching control points and orientation. MechJeb still does the same thing, as soon as I enable speed control, even at a setting of 0m/s, it accelerates  in the direction the rover is facing until it flips or reaches the top speed of the wheels. Regular operation of the rover works fine, I can use rovers, but without the speed control it's tedius.

7 hours ago, lordqarlyn said:

Thanks guys for your suggestions. In fact I have tried switching control points and orientation. MechJeb still does the same thing, as soon as I enable speed control, even at a setting of 0m/s, it accelerates  in the direction the rover is facing until it flips or reaches the top speed of the wheels. Regular operation of the rover works fine, I can use rovers, but without the speed control it's tedius.

Please provide a log of a game session where you recreate the issue. And craft file would be nice too. I will try to recreate the problem myself (If I will be able to get the same game version and mods.).

17 hours ago, ronillon said:

Please provide a log of a game session where you recreate the issue. And craft file would be nice too. I will try to recreate the problem myself (If I will be able to get the same game version and mods.).

Thanks. I am using MechJeb - the latest, Korpernicus, OPM, Asclepius planet mod, KER, Distant Objects, Final Frontier, Planetshine, the SpaceY mods, and the Near Future mods, all should be latest versions. When I get a chance I will send the craft file, which other than MechJeb, is stock, as well as log files. 

33 minutes ago, frankieorabona said:

I would like to try to translate the mod into Italian language.
I'm trying to edit the en-us.cfg file in the MechJeb2/Localization folder, but nothing happens if I restart the game.
How can I proceed to test the translation?

you must rename it "it-it.cfg" (or better, copying and then renaming the copy, so that the original is still there). Inside it, there is a "localization" node, and then a "en-us" node. rename that one to "it-it". If your game language is set up as Italian, then it should show up after a restart. Make sure you are looking at the right place when in-game, Mechjeb has a lot of windows, and the one you are translating may not be the one you think (I am not underestimating you, it happened to me quite often). You can also check the other languages to see how they did it. 

Thank you for your suggestion...
I'll try to create the it-it.cfg file, but shouldn't editing the en-us.cfg file work anyway, since it reads the English language?

Also, I'm sure of what I'm translating, because I took the word Settings as a reference...it only appears twice individually (I used the search function with notepad++) but even though I translated it, it doesn't appear in Italian...

3 minutes ago, frankieorabona said:

Thank you for your suggestion...
I'll try to create the it-it.cfg file, but shouldn't editing the en-us.cfg file work anyway, since it reads the English language?

Also, I'm sure of what I'm translating, because I took the word Settings as a reference...it only appears twice individually (I used the search function with notepad++) but even though I translated it, it doesn't appear in Italian...

Individual cfg files that use localisation have a hash and number that points the file where to look. And what is displayed on your screen depends on what your KSP is set to.

eg
title = #LOC_M2X_InlineIntake_title

I have noticed that my MechJeb parts actually don't seem to have the #LOC set up in their config files, check yours, you may have to amend them to actually look for your changes.

@frankieorabona

10 minutes ago, frankieorabona said:

It works now. I had to rename the file as you told me to it-it.cfg, but that alone didn't work. Also within the file I had to replace the string localization en-us with it-it. Now it works. 
When I'm done do a pull request on github?

If you have created a a localisation file that they don't already have then yes. Your contribution could help them with future releases.

I have some problems with the mod. With any function (ascent guidance, maneuver planner, landing guidance etc) it does not turn on the engines. For example, with the landing guidance I set the target where I want to land, then I click on "land at target" ... but nothing happens, or rather it gets into position but does not turn on the engines (obviously also by clicking on "land somewhere" the same thing happens).

Even if I try to circularise an orbit, it doesn't turn on the engines. It arrives at the node with the time warp and then nothing happens, and the same happens with ascent guidance. What's wrong?

Edited by frankieorabona

11 hours ago, frankieorabona said:

What's wrong?

I lost my crystal ball a while ago and this is why the first post starts with this line:

On 1/11/2017 at 1:49 PM, sarbian said:

No logs => No support.

so, I'm playing in RO/RP-1 on 1.8.1, and I'm for example launching a proton. sometimes in ascent, for example with the proton 3rd stage, I want to have manual control. But everytime I shut the computer off the engine also shuts off, which is a problem since I play RO. But strangely I remember an option somewhere where you can disable the engine disabling when mechjeb shuts off, is this true?

3 hours ago, frankieorabona said:

Sorry, I thought that the .log should only be attached in the event of a crash. Here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4p7insdu8viuol/Player.log?dl=0

:(

You have a lot of exception that are related to a part of the code that I do not master at all...

For now I will suggest that you disable the aerobrake node in the landing module. But it does not explain why the engine are not starting for circularization or ascent guidance.

But you also have some error related to EVE and _BuildManager so something else may break MJ.

51 minutes ago, sarbian said:

:(

You have a lot of exception that are related to a part of the code that I do not master at all...

For now I will suggest that you disable the aerobrake node in the landing module. But it does not explain why the engine are not starting for circularization or ascent guidance.

But you also have some error related to EVE and _BuildManager so something else may break MJ.

First of all, thank you for your reply...

The solution could be to uninstall all the other mods (few to tell the truth) and reinstall them 1 at a time to understand which one conflicts with MechJEB?

@sarbian  

I built myself a controller for kerbal. As the KSP interface did not recognise some joysticks, I installed the Advanced Fly-By-Wire mod.

I'm afraid this is responsible for the engines not turning on. Because uninstalling everything and reinstalling this mod,  MechJeb doesn't work. Do you know of any incompatibility with the mod AFBW and MechJEb?

Edit:

I thought it might be because I use the slide potentiometer with my custom controller.

But thinking about it, the Gravity Turn mod should have the same problem. Instead with this mod it can still handle acceleration smoothly.  So I can't understand why I can't get the throttle to work (and therefore start the engines).

Edited by frankieorabona

with version 2.11.0.0 i can't land with one single engine, im using tundra exploration so i use the octopus engine, so when i try to land the main booster with one engine it doesn't work, but with mechjeb 2.10.0.0 it works, anyway i'm just reporting :wink:, i will continue using 2.10.0.0

I realize I have never thanked you for this mod. I cannot even begin to come close to how much thanks you deserve..

I also am here wondering if MJ could be causing an issue or my user error interfering. Somehow only MJ can use RCS. When I use SAS with RCS on, only translation actuation remains ON, yaw pitch roll turn themselves on (and off respectively) when I turn SAS back off. This happens regardless of whether MJ is trying to do anything. Which is puzzling... Is there a setting I don't know about I have inadvertently set?