Jump to content

[1.11.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.11.0] [12th January 2021]


Recommended Posts

KSP 1.8.1, MechJeb 2.9.0.0.

I'm getting a NRE spam from MechJeb in the player.log and KSP.log, all of which look like this:

Spoiler

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at MuMech.MechJebModuleMenu.<SetupToolBarButtons>b__30_4 () [0x00006] in <2e230d4e49354a07858a9faa52799159>:0
  at MuMech.MechJebModuleMenu+<>c__DisplayClass31_0.<CreateFeatureButton>b__0 () [0x00000] in <2e230d4e49354a07858a9faa52799159>:0
  at MuMech.MechJebModuleMenu.OnMenuUpdate () [0x000e8] in <2e230d4e49354a07858a9faa52799159>:0
  at MuMech.MechJebCore.Update () [0x0015e] in <2e230d4e49354a07858a9faa52799159>:0

I am investigating new parts in the VAB in a new sandbox save.  I start the game, enter the VAB and place a Mk3-1 command pod (although I don't think the part has anything to do with it).  The spam doesn't start until I place the part.  Player.log here.

Is this a problem with MechJeb on the stock toolbar or on Blizzy's?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Could an option for disabling career mode module unlocking be included in the MechJeb settings? It currently seems to be hardcoded into the plugin, and all of my attempts to unlock all modules at start via .cfg editing have been fruitless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hieywiey said:

Could an option for disabling career mode module unlocking be included in the MechJeb settings? It currently seems to be hardcoded into the plugin, and all of my attempts to unlock all modules at start via .cfg editing have been fruitless.

Second this request. Each time I upgrade I go through the process of setting the cfg files to allow all modes from start. We're gonna do it. It would be nice if there was a switch to make it easy. I've been playing since 2014, ver 0.something. I can get a spacecraft into orbit manually, I can progress the tech tree as required, I'd like to use automation from the start. 

Thanks for all your tireless work on this mod. It is the best KSP mod out there, and the one I have to install ASAP each upgrade.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, That's my first post and I'm from Brazil, so sorry for any mistakes.
Well, I came back to this game and I was planing to make a mission using MechJeb, my game version is 1.8.1 and it doesn't start when I put the MechJeb in the Game data folder, it just keep loading the screen for ever, and I'm sure it won't run because I went out for 2 hours and it was the same when I came back. So, can somebody help me?

Edited by A-lieN
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, A-lieN said:

Hello, That's my first post and I'm from Brazil, so sorry for any mistakes.
Well, I came back to this game and I was planing to make a mission using MechJeb, my game version is 1.8.1 and it doesn't start when I put the MechJeb in the Game data folder, it just keep loading the screen for ever, and I'm sure it won't run because I went out for 2 hours and it was the same when I came back. So, can somebody help me?

 

As @sarbian says in the OP of the thread, no logs, no support.   :D

Try this thread, find the logs you needs, and post a link here.   They'd be glad to help you after that:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all!

Firstly - sorry for my bad english =)

I have problem with KSP 1.8.1 (Steam version) too. :unsure:

 

Request:

KSP: 1.8.1 Windows 64bit

Problem: Game dont start. Loading abort in step - Checking extension: Breaking Ground SquadExpansion/Serenity

Mods installed:

ModuleManager.4.1.0.dll

KerbalEngineer

MechJeb2

AirplanePlus

Firespitter

TriggerTech

SCANsat

NavyFish

DockingPortAlignmentIndicator

Reproduction steps:

I install MJ2.9.0 and start the game. The game does not load.
I remove the MD and start the game. Everything is working.

Log:

ZIP-file

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Belivern said:

Hi all!

Firstly - sorry for my bad english =)

I have problem with KSP 1.8.1 (Steam version) too. :unsure:

 

Request:

KSP: 1.8.1 Windows 64bit

Problem: Game dont start. Loading abort in step - Checking extension: Breaking Ground SquadExpansion/Serenity

Mods installed:

[snip]

Reproduction steps:

I install MJ2.9.0 and start the game. The game does not load.
I remove the MD and start the game. Everything is working.

Log:

ZIP-file

try remove firespitter

Edited by ssd21345
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Friznit said:

Is that PVG?  @Zorg has written a useful guide on how to get stuff into orbit, using some BDB rockets as examples.

https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-BDB-Wiki/wiki/Launching-and-Trajectories

It should be noted that that guide was written with stock aero and a 2.5/2.7x scale system in mind. I dont know how it applies to FAR + RSS

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ssd21345 said:

try remove firespitter

Thanks, but this does not work. Later I tried to remove or add all add-ons in turn. The game works only without MJ. A specific problem is visible in the logs and a specific addon name is indicated

Also i tryed install diferent versions of the MJ (2.8.4 and 2.7.0). Thats dont work too

I think something has been changed in the current version of the BGSE extension. Earlier i used KSP 1.7.0 and 1.8.1 (GOG torrent version) and there were no problems. :/

....

Some time later...

Great!!! It realy works!!! :D:wink:

I removed all addons, reinstalled the game and install addons without firespitter. And game have been started

Thank you so much bro!

Edited by Belivern
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2019 at 4:47 PM, Phil deCube said:

Second this request. Each time I upgrade I go through the process of setting the cfg files to allow all modes from start. We're gonna do it. It would be nice if there was a switch to make it easy. I've been playing since 2014, ver 0.something. I can get a spacecraft into orbit manually, I can progress the tech tree as required, I'd like to use automation from the start. 

Thanks for all your tireless work on this mod. It is the best KSP mod out there, and the one I have to install ASAP each upgrade.

If you’re talking about manually editing the MJ files then you’re doing it wrong. 

Do it as a patch instead. Migrate that patch whenever you update KSP and you won’t have to do anything else ever again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2019 at 7:31 AM, spacefreak said:

Has the G limiter been fixed yet? I try to make my missions as accurate as possible. Thanks?

Going to assume the G Limiter and acceleration limiter are just dead now since the people who've asked this previously have just been ignored?  I know a lot of use would appreciate a rationale for removing this used and needed feature.

Edited by ChrisG_NSF
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PyjackMeat said:

Help. Or post a version of Mechjeb without the excrementsty code breaking everything or just a message telling me which file is triggering mechjeb.

Edited by PyjackMeat
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, PyjackMeat said:

Help. Or post a version of Mechjeb without the excrementsty code breaking everything or just a message telling me which file is triggering mechjeb.

It's only been about 6 hours since you posted.  People maintain mods as a sidejob to a hobby.  Have patience, because attitude will get you less help, not more.

I did take a quick look at your logs.  You are running KSP 1.8.1 with a lot of mods.  Are *all* your mods' versions upgraded for KSP 1.8.x ?  Very very few mods from KSP 1.7.3 and before will work under KSP 1.8.x.  There are a lot of error messages from various mods.  The Sigma* mods need the Kopernicus mod, which hasn't been upgraded for KSP 1.8.x.

You need to make sure you're not still including mods for KSP 1.7.3 and before.  You need to make sure all your mods have their needed dependencies.  Without satisfying those two requirements, you are almost certainly going to have a KSP install that will break.  I suggest pulling all your mods and adding them back in with KSP 1.8.x versions.

Edited by Jacke
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, PyjackMeat said:

Help. Or post a version of Mechjeb without the excrementsty code breaking everything or just a message telling me which file is triggering mechjeb.

Read this

You posted at night in my timezone. I have a freaking job, other hobbies and people I like to spend time with. So wait in line for me to get the motivation to reply [snip]. Not that you will get anything more than what I said in the quoted post.

 

Edited by Vanamonde
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sarbian said:

Read this

You posted at night in my timezone. I have a freaking job, other hobbies and people I like to spend time with. So wait in line for me to get the motivation to reply [snip]. Not that you will get anything more than what I said in the quoted post.

 

I owe you an apology. I have wasted three-four days trying to get this thing to work, this thing is driving me insane since I don't know what to look for in broken dlls.

Edited by Vanamonde
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is v2.9.1

Changelog

  • ReflectionTypeLoadException will now list the DLLs that are the actual source of the exception in the log. 
  • tinygrox on GithUb took on the huge work required to add localization to MJ. People who want to translate MJ should have a look at this file
  • The DeltaV window now has buttons to hide the empty stages and switch between s and dhms for burn time
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, sarbian said:

Here is v2.9.1

Changelog

  • ReflectionTypeLoadException will now list the DLLs that are the actual source of the exception in the log. 

Thank you and whomever helped you, for sparing time and writing this.

I hope and am sure it will be most helpful for everybody (users and yourself) both right now and in the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...