[1.12.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.14.3] [4th March 2023]

sarbian

Hey @Jim DiGriz,

I tried to calculate an advanced transfer from an equatorial LKO to capture a comet (elliptical sun orbit)

Spoiler

SMA = 70134072147.612305
                ECC = 0.82648286050631148
                INC = -26.112869262695313
                LPE = 0
                LAN = 353.21475219726563
                MNA = -0.22117447668630896
                EPH = 20171779.585267063

but unfortunately MJ dev #1000 always throws "an error occured while creating the node", the logfile says:

[LOG 12:35:42.630] [MechJeb] porkchop scanning found DVminsqr = 28293504.5198571 DVmaxsqr = 2.23409310460492E+15
[EXC 12:35:48.102] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    MuMech.OperationAdvancedTransfer.MakeNodesImpl (Orbit o, System.Double UT, MuMech.MechJebModuleTargetController target) (at <bd2f44b018644269bf2013ae8c705cdf>:0)
    MuMech.Operation.MakeNodes (Orbit o, System.Double universalTime, MuMech.MechJebModuleTargetController target) (at <bd2f44b018644269bf2013ae8c705cdf>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    MuMech.Operation:MakeNodes(Orbit, Double, MechJebModuleTargetController)
    MuMech.MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner:WindowGUI(Int32)
    MuMech.DisplayModule:ProfiledWindowGUI(Int32)
    UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Any idea what's going on here, that DVmaxsqr looks pretty big?

Edited by VoidSquid

11 hours ago, eM-Krow said:

I'm trying to get all Mechjeb modules unlocked at the start but editing the CFG files to say start instead of whatever they were previously doesn't seem to actually unlock everything fully. I'm on dev build #1000 for 1.10. They were unlocked on previous versions but I wanted to use the dev build because apparently I wouldn't need to use the AR202 module anymore (at least without using something like Mechjeb and Engineer for All). But yeah it will say I'm missing some or after changing some of the values to "start", it will unlock only some or not at all. I feel like I could be doing something wrong but not sure.

Nevermind, found out what was causing it. Apparently the way I edited it did unlock everything but the options that worked around using the maneuver planner were hidden regardless since they needed the maneuver planner to work. (Not sure if that's a dev build thing but maybe I just missed it). Was ripping my hair out over nothing lmao.

There's an easier way of unlocking Mechjeb's modules. Simply create an empty folder in GameData called MechJebUnlocked. See: https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-Dev/884/changes

13 hours ago, HansAcker said:

Change the profile selection from "Classic Ascent Profile" to "Primer Vector Guidance (RSS/RO)"

Ah. Does it work outside RSS/RO? I know it has RSS/RO in the name, but I was just wondering if it can be used for stock as well. 

Edited by GoldForest

What do you want ? The game in a language and MJ in English?

I don't see the point but you can do it by deleting the cfg of other languages in Gamedata\MechJeb2\Localization. Just keep the en-us.cfg

7 minutes ago, sarbian said:

What do you want ? The game in a language and MJ in English?

I don't see the point but you can do it by deleting the cfg of other languages in Gamedata\MechJeb2\Localization. Just keep the en-us.cfg

Yes that's what i wanted. Localized MJ version is very confusing. Thanks for the help.

Edited by Acid_Burn9

I recently made a dual prop powered hydrofoil, and am having a hard time getting some aspects of mechjeb working with it.

In the past when making boats, I could use mechjeb's utilities to limit Q, which was an effective way to control the throttle (for complicated reasons setting a max speed would not work with hydrofoils). The breaking ground electric motors need an action group to let them be controlled via the throttle, and even though mechjeb correctly changes throttle settings the electric motors don't change their speed.

I'm sure this must also be a problem people run into with prop planes. Any suggestions?

Advanced transfer to another planet seems to have picked up a flaw in the last week. I was trying to use advanced transfer to another planet, and that seems to work fine, i.e the timing seems OK and the delta V seems about right, BUT when I tell it to create and execute the transfer node, it tells me that I am already orbiting Duna!  Unless I fell into a wormhole during ascent from Kerbin, I am most assuredly NOT orbiting Duna.    Note: I did a basic search here and don't see this issue, but it could be what I used for search terms. 
Which logs (if any) would help isolate this issue? I'm currently running KSP 1.9.1 waiting for some specific mods to drop for 1.10 before I start playing that version.

16 minutes ago, Michel Bartolone said:

it tells me that I am already orbiting Duna!

Known display bug since a couple of versions:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/154834-110x-anatid-robotics-mumech-mechjeb-autopilot-2100-5th-july-2019/page/118/&tab=comments#comment-3748386

Edited by VoidSquid

On 7/23/2020 at 11:45 AM, VoidSquid said:

That is a year and quite a few releases ago. I've never seen it before, so what made it popup now? I also don't see an explanation of how to fix or get around it (but maybe I missed something?)

On 7/23/2020 at 1:29 PM, Michel Bartolone said:

Advanced transfer to another planet seems to have picked up a flaw in the last week. I was trying to use advanced transfer to another planet, and that seems to work fine, i.e the timing seems OK and the delta V seems about right, BUT when I tell it to create and execute the transfer node, it tells me that I am already orbiting Duna!  Unless I fell into a wormhole during ascent from Kerbin, I am most assuredly NOT orbiting Duna.    Note: I did a basic search here and don't see this issue, but it could be what I used for search terms. 
Which logs (if any) would help isolate this issue? I'm currently running KSP 1.9.1 waiting for some specific mods to drop for 1.10 before I start playing that version.

The logs are located in your operating system drive, so mine is C:\User\(YourUserName)\Appdata\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program.  The files may be hidden so you need to make sure they are visible.  The file you need is Player.log  The best results for mod authors to sort this issue out, however, will be to delete that log, reload, reproduce the problem as swiftly as possible, exit the game.  That will produce the logs needed without flooding it as much.  I recently had an issue that required me to go through the same stuff, only I had to sort out to a single mod conflict. lmao.

On 7/22/2020 at 12:28 AM, NateDaBeast said:

Anyone know why I could be getting this error all of a sudden?

Log - https://www.dropbox.com/s/9k5ihn474vthi4z/Player.log?dl=0

fFq4T6b.png

You have PVG selected but you have "Fine tuning apoapsis" as a status, which is a fixed months-old translation bug which indicates your MJ is out of date.

A lot of those argument exception errors should have been fixed by patches to improve handling of crazy transient staging issues which went in after that bug was fixed.

21 hours ago, Michel Bartolone said:

That is a year and quite a few releases ago. I've never seen it before, so what made it popup now? I also don't see an explanation of how to fix or get around it (but maybe I missed something?)

Actually that was in February this year, when Jim introduced the Brent solver together with calculating a 2nd node for circularization orbit around the target CB. And as this 2nd node naturally is created in the target SOI, that's what is causing this nonsense message. No need to fix it, just ignore it :) 

Edited by VoidSquid

4 hours ago, Jim DiGriz said:

You have PVG selected but you have "Fine tuning apoapsis" as a status, which is a fixed months-old translation bug which indicates your MJ is out of date.

A lot of those argument exception errors should have been fixed by patches to improve handling of crazy transient staging issues which went in after that bug was fixed.

I'm not sure how its out of date considering I'm using CKAN. I'm on 1.8.1 JNSQ if that helps or changes anything. I haven't had the issue in a bit so maybe it was a one time thing.

On 7/25/2020 at 5:01 PM, workingDead said:

"Ascent guidance - drop solids earlier" is selected, the solids will be dropped when launching the rocket.

I've had tweakscale glitches where boosters would be short on fuel when scaled up, but never empty and never all of them. Any earlier and it would be in the editor. That's funny

Edited by darthgently

On 7/25/2020 at 10:49 AM, VoidSquid said:

Actually that was in February this year, when Jim introduced the Brent solver together with calculating a 2nd node for circularization orbit around the target CB. And as this 2nd node naturally is created in the target SOI, that's what is causing this nonsense message. No need to fix it, just ignore it :) 

I stand corrected, I must have been looking at the wrong tab, which had a date of Feb 2019...

12 hours ago, darthgently said:

I've had tweakscale glitches where boosters would be short on fuel when scaled up, but never empty and never all of them. Any earlier and it would be in the editor. That's funny

If you are on KSP 1.9, it's a known (and fixed) problem: you need to install KSP-Recall. This will fix this toe-stomping not only on TweakScale, but on Fuel-Switches too.

If you are not running KSP 1.9, then it's something else. Place a note on TweakScale's thread with your KSP.log and Player.log and I will dive on it.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Lisias said:

If you are on KSP 1.9, it's a known (and fixed) problem: you need to install KSP-Recall. This will fix this toe-stomping not only on TweakScale, but on Fuel-Switches too.

If you are not running KSP 1.9, then it's something else. Place a note on TweakScale's thread with your KSP.log and Player.log and I will dive on it.

Cheers!

Ok, I am running 1.9, that explains why after installing KSP-Recall I haven't had it happen again.  I'm just trying to have fun playing when I'm not working and have trouble finding time to methodically sort out which mod, or combo of mods, may be an issue; so many times I'll change so many things at once trying to get a stable system quick that I'm never sure what fixed a problem.  I did finally take the time to look at logs and leverage the Exception Detector mod to realize that RemoteTech was by far the biggest problem.  It is gone now and things are so much better.  Thanks for the clarification

Edited by darthgently