Jump to content

[1.11.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.11.0] [12th January 2021]


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, eberkain said:

i dont think that is a MJ issue.  Will the engine work if you manually fire it? 

Yes and No.  Sometimes it will fire manually.  Also, additional information:  If I let the system sit there and try to execute the node, it will eventually start firing in about 2 second bursts with a break between bursts of 2-20 seconds.

It also doesn't affect every NERV every time.  Sadly, I do have a lot of addons, so I can't 100% say it's MJ.  I did donate some $ to MJ project last night.  Lord knows I've used MJ more than enough to pay for it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2020 at 10:39 PM, Atlas Gaming said:

The lineup to landing was working as before, but suicide burn seems to be off in 1.11

Huh. Works for me with a crewed lander on Minmus. I'll try the Mun later but couldn't really notice any difference in MJ, yet. (I did compile it myself against the 1.11.0 DLLs, maybe that changes something)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HansAcker said:

Huh. Works for me with a crewed lander on Minmus. I'll try the Mun later but couldn't really notice any difference in MJ, yet. (I did compile it myself against the 1.11.0 DLLs, maybe that changes something)

no, ive been using the 1.10 version on 1.11 and the landing works great, ive used in probably 50+ times. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2020 at 7:54 AM, Turk_WLF said:

For me anyways...

New Version of KSP and Older Version of MechJeb  equals no Flights!

I'll be in the corner patiently waiting to MechJeb to be update.

I am in that corner as well, i will wait patiently to enjoy this cool new patch with a cool updated Mechjeb, 

i always love how he updates it and fixes things, i will gladly sit and wait until he finds some time to update this amazing mod.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here, and while I love the new KSP 1.11.0 features, I've already been reverting to 1.10.1 due to the many, and for me, game breaking bugs.

I'm quite happy to stick with 1.10.1 for a good while, everything important works fine for me, and for the little issues (in particular fuel transfer), there are established workarounds.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been a long time since I last played (a year or two), but post-1.0 or so MechJeb autolanding always seemed to have a few cases where it just couldn't calculate the right answer. I took to rarely using it, and instead using the translatron controls to semi-automate landings -- the ability to select and hold a vertical descent rate is so much nicer than trying to do the same thing by quickly adjusting throttle on the keyboard.

I started a new game last week and landed on Mun without MechJeb, but it was pretty dicey. I didn't really do a great job of killing my horizontal speed and had to go several emergency go-arounds.

MechJeb and RealChute are two of the key mods that make this game fun, IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mikegarrison said:

instead using the translatron controls to semi-automate landings

When I started with KSP, nothing I tried by myself worked, hence I went for MJ. Watched how it did landing on Mun. Slowly, even dim wit me began to understand. Fast forward, nowadays I always prefer to do all landings myself, much more control and precision. 

Translatron somehow never caught my attention, never used that, but now that you mention it, I really should try, thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just pushed a new dev build that fixes the compatibility check to add KSP 1.11 and include the crew mass/resource/inventory to the dv stats math.

On 12/21/2020 at 5:44 PM, zaxus said:

Not sure if this is a known issue or not, but I couldn't find it on the Github issues list. I tested this on a stock 1.11 install with just Mechjeb2 2.11.0 manually installed, in Science game mode.

I can not duplicate it. I guess the dev version I just pushed fix it...

 

 

15 hours ago, numsebacon said:

How do i enable ModeSafeDescentSpeedPolicy

You can't force it currently. I am looking into why it does not set properly when it should. I may add a checkbox...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2020 at 3:29 PM, sarbian said:

I just pushed a new dev build that fixes the compatibility check to add KSP 1.11 and include the crew mass/resource/inventory to the dv stats math.

Is this build 1036 on CKAN?

EDIT: nvm, it is but you need to update Jenkins to pass 1.11 for the CKAN spec (ksp_version_max).

20 hours ago, Evil Assesin said:

Could you update the mod to be compatible with the new version of KSP version 1.11 ?, please, thanks

He has - check the dev version on CKAN, 2.11.0.0-1036.

Edited by Captain828
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is totally weird. I installed a new copy of KSP 1.11 with the latest BG. I installed the mods I wanted, including MechJeb2 dev. I then run KSP, and to check things out I go into sandbox. MechJeb isn't there! Nothing in the log about MechJeb either.  Maybe I'm missing the right log, but I don't think so. Any suggestions?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Michel Bartolone said:

This is totally weird. I installed a new copy of KSP 1.11 with the latest BG. I installed the mods I wanted, including MechJeb2 dev. I then run KSP, and to check things out I go into sandbox. MechJeb isn't there! Nothing in the log about MechJeb either.  Maybe I'm missing the right log, but I don't think so. Any suggestions?

Double check the install maybe?  I'm running 1.11 with the lasted dev build of MJ (1036) and it shows up and is working fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some posts have been removed. 

Do you want new players to enjoy this game, join the forum, and participate in discussions, keeping up player interest so that the forum and game continue to flourish? If so, then greeting a new person's first post with a scolding is definitely the wrong way to go about it. If you believe a post is a problem, simply hit the report button and let the moderators deal with it. Nobody benefits from shaming newbies and driving them away. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Some posts have been removed. 

Do you want new players to enjoy this game, join the forum, and participate in discussions, keeping up player interest so that the forum and game continue to flourish? If so, then greeting a new person's first post with a scolding is definitely the wrong way to go about it. If you believe a post is a problem, simply hit the report button and let the moderators deal with it. Nobody benefits from shaming newbies and driving them away. 

Ok

Would it be better to politely point them to the PSA, as it explains the same thing but is the "official" sticky?  I mean I get your point, but it is also a reality that our hard working volunteer modders get weary of those asking for updates, especially when those occur immediately after they posted a status of the update.

Or should they be flagged so a mod such as yourself can inform them about the PSA?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just hit the report button on a post you think might be a problem, then move on. We've accepted the job of keeping the forum running politely, whereas your only commitment is to participate as a player. If there's any unpleasantness to be dealt with, let it fall on us while you enjoy yourself without that responsibility. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Michel Bartolone said:

I did that already. I uninstalled all of the mods first...then I reinstalled. Still got nothing.

just to be sure, what does your gamedata folder look like?  It can be the case sometimes when parts don't show up, the mods are not put into the gamedata folder properly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

just to be sure, what does your gamedata folder look like?  It can be the case sometimes when parts don't show up, the mods are not put into the gamedata folder properly.

Good call! Most of the mods are not in the Game Data folder! I'm going to reinstall the game, the DLC, and the mods, then I'll copy my save folder over and see if that helps.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Evil Assesin said:

How can I download the mechjeb that is compatible with version 1.11?

The current version for 1.10 works with 1.11.  if you want you can also download the dev build that @sarbianhas posted.

Links to both can be found in the first post of this thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In addition to what @goldenpsp already said, you can also install the dev version via CKAN if you enable the respective repository in the settings menu:

Settings-2020-12-31-01-23-08.png

CKAN, in case you don't know yet, is THE KSP mod manager, highly recommended! You can find information how to use and install it here:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/User-guide

Edited by VoidSquid
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VoidSquid said:

In addition to what @goldenpsp already said, you can also install the dev version via CKAN if you enable the respective repository in the settings menu:

Settings-2020-12-31-01-23-08.png

CKAN, in case you don't know yet, is THE KSP mod manager, highly recommended! You can find information how to use and install it here:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/User-guide

thanks men, you saved me, XD, thanks a lot

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...