[1.12.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.14.3] [4th March 2023]

sarbian

1 hour ago, rangerrenze said:

Is there anything special to installing the dev version? I downloaded the dev version from the github and dragged it in as a whole and doesn't work (doesn't load any part of MechJeb), bit new to KSP so don't know precisely how to do this stuff. As for the problems with the older versions,  appears to be random UI glitches (for some reason I reinstalled it and then it worked? guess that's how it goes sometimes lol). I can grab a logfile if there is a need for it, but like I'm not sure how much the log tells about an UI glitch

Other people could tell you better than I can. I always use CKAN to install it. I'm sure that's not necessary - just the way I've always done it. For some mods, CKAN helps with making sure that needed dependencies are installed, but McJeb doesn't have any dependencies, so that's not an issue here. If you are installing by dragging from github or somewhere like that, the two things I often read about people doing incorrectly are 1) installing the source instead of the compiled mod. Github would have the whole source. I presume the compiled mod is also there, but I'd have to go paw around to tell you exactly where. 2) putting it in the wrong place. It should end up as a MecJeb2 directory directly under GameData. I think if you download the whole thing from github, you might be in danger of having the compiled mod end up at a lower level. (P.S. Hope this doesn't end up getting posted twice. I tried once forgetting that I wasn't signed in. When the forum griped about that, I signed in to post; possible both copies might end up posting.)

1 hour ago, rmaine said:

Other people could tell you better than I can. I always use CKAN to install it. I'm sure that's not necessary - just the way I've always done it. For some mods, CKAN helps with making sure that needed dependencies are installed, but McJeb doesn't have any dependencies, so that's not an issue here. If you are installing by dragging from github or somewhere like that, the two things I often read about people doing incorrectly are 1) installing the source instead of the compiled mod. Github would have the whole source. I presume the compiled mod is also there, but I'd have to go paw around to tell you exactly where. 2) putting it in the wrong place. It should end up as a MecJeb2 directory directly under GameData. I think if you download the whole thing from github, you might be in danger of having the compiled mod end up at a lower level. (P.S. Hope this doesn't end up getting posted twice. I tried once forgetting that I wasn't signed in. When the forum griped about that, I signed in to post; possible both copies might end up posting.)

1. yeah I'm using the uncompiled one lol, any help getting to the proper one? 2. I hear that CKAN has issues randomly yeeting dependencies, so unless your working with something like RSS/RO or RP1 where there are so many dependencies and stuff it I don't think it's worth it (played a lot of Minecraft back in the day, so used to dragging around many folders). And I don't think it got posted twice

28 minutes ago, rangerrenze said:

1. yeah I'm using the uncompiled one lol, any help getting to the proper one? 2. I hear that CKAN has issues randomly yeeting dependencies, so unless your working with something like RSS/RO or RP1 where there are so many dependencies and stuff it I don't think it's worth it (played a lot of Minecraft back in the day, so used to dragging around many folders). And I don't think it got posted twice

Well, since I haven't done it that way myself, guarantees are worth what you are paying for it :-) but at a quick glance it looks like the MechJeb2-2.12.0.0-1092.zip file has contents identical to what I installed with CKAN, so that's probably it.

当我使用自动发射的动力显性制导 (RSS/RO) 模式时,MJ 显示优化监视器超时的红色提示,然后我的火箭无法达到我预设的轨道高度。我该怎么办?谢谢!

When I used the auto-launched dynamic explicit guidance ( RSS / RO ) mode, MJ displayed a red prompt to optimize the monitor timeout, and then my rocket could not reach my preset orbital altitude. what do I do? Thank you! 

Edited by Vanamonde
Please post in English when not using the International subforums.

This mod fail creating bi-impulsive (Hohmann) transfer to target (Mun) in some modes (all of then, except 'at the optimum time'):

KSP.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3fvahib6a71dnwg/KSP(MJ).log?dl=0

Player.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f0bj1e1f6imnc5b/Player(MJ).log?dl=0

* MechJeb2 Version: 2.12.0.0-1092 (DEV version from CKAN)

* KSP Version: 1.12.1

Thanks

Edited by Dominiquini

2 hours ago, Dominiquini said:

This mod fail creating bi-impulsive (Hohmann) transfer to target (Mun) in some modes (all of then, except 'at the optimum time'):

KSP.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3fvahib6a71dnwg/KSP(MJ).log?dl=0

Player.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f0bj1e1f6imnc5b/Player(MJ).log?dl=0

* MechJeb2 Version: 2.12.0.0-1092 (DEV version from CKAN)

* KSP Version: 1.12.1

Thanks

What option should I use to transfer from Kerbin (Planet) to Mun (Moon)?

Thanks

Edited by Dominiquini

4 minutes ago, Tacombel said:

The one you are using, bi-impulsive

I opened a bug on the github about this mode: https://github.com/MuMech/MechJeb2/issues/1476, and @sarbian responded:

A Hohmann transfer is used to go between 2 bodies orbiting the same body. If you are starting from Kerbin and going to the Mun then it is not what you need and it is normal that it fails.

Thanks.

16 hours ago, Dominiquini said:

What option should I use to transfer from Kerbin (Planet) to Mun (Moon)?

Thanks

Hi .... from Kerbin to Mun -> i use Rendevous Mode and set the distance to 200000 m .... fine tuning with Engines :)

ican't use this fine mod since KSP Update to 1.12 :(

Edited by YourAgony

7 minutes ago, Tacombel said:

It's working perfectly for me. 

And me, well with KSP 1.12.1 and the dev version of the mod. BTW, I always use bi-impulsive xfer for low Kerbin orbit to the Mun. (From Kerbin itself, I start with something else to get into orbit, but I presume you mean from Kerbin orbit instead of from Kerbin itself. As a retired engineer, I'm trained to state things more precisely because sometimes a sloppy statement actually gets misinterpreted. There's a lesson about that in a "musical road" near me. There are grooves in a segment of the road that result in your tires playing a tune when you drive over them. But the tune is a little "off". Turns out that sloppy wording of the construction specs was the reason. The specs described the distance "between the grooves". What was intended was the distance center to center. As the grooves have finite width, that's not the same thing. It's close enough that the tune is recognizable - just a bit sour, particularly on the higher notes. :-))

30 minutes ago, rmaine said:

And me, well with KSP 1.12.1 and the dev version of the mod. BTW, I always use bi-impulsive xfer for low Kerbin orbit to the Mun. (From Kerbin itself, I start with something else to get into orbit, but I presume you mean from Kerbin orbit instead of from Kerbin itself. As a retired engineer, I'm trained to state things more precisely because sometimes a sloppy statement actually gets misinterpreted. There's a lesson about that in a "musical road" near me. There are grooves in a segment of the road that result in your tires playing a tune when you drive over them. But the tune is a little "off". Turns out that sloppy wording of the construction specs was the reason. The specs described the distance "between the grooves". What was intended was the distance center to center. As the grooves have finite width, that's not the same thing. It's close enough that the tune is recognizable - just a bit sour, particularly on the higher notes. :-))

From Kerbin orbit to Mun encounter!

Its been a couple years since I last played and I just started playing again.  I dont know if its just me but I feel like mechjeb used to retain the location of where I moved the windows.  It is kind of annoying now at the start of each mission having to toggle all the windows I need and to keep moving them.  Is there a way for their location to be remembered?

3 hours ago, Dominiquini said:

From Kerbin orbit to Mun encounter!

Yeah. I figured that was probably what was meant. But McJeb does have some sort of launch to intercept option (not looking at it right now to be sure of the name), which has had various problems at times. It occurred to me that there was at least some possibility that was the subject, though the quoted mention of Hohmann seemed to make that less likely.

I'm having an issue where whenever I make a maneuver node it basically breaks the game, making me unable to right click on any part without this happening and effectively making it impossible to click on. After removing the node, after a little while the weird UI glitch goes away but I remain unable to right click on anything. On occassions, it will lag the game horrendously and start duplicating mechjeb toolbar icons, which do not go away no matter what (I have seen them in the start menu before), although I have yet to encounter that particular variation of the problem in 1.12.2. Log here

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this is using the latest dev version, but the problem persists on non-dev versions as well, even when downgrading to 1.11.2screenshot686.png

Edited by Tommy99534

Other day I was trying to dock my vessel using the 'Docking Autopilot' and it not worked well. My ship has 2 docking ports, one in the front of the ship, and other on the side! I was able to dock with the front docking port, but if I try to dock using the side docking port, MechJeb fail! It not throws any error or nothing. It keep trying, spending monopropellant, but don't getting anywhere. One moment I gave up and docked myself!

* I disable the build-in MechJeb on command pods. I use the MJ2_AR202 attached on my vessel!

I don't have any log, video or screenshot, but I can provide the craft file, if it helps!

Thanks.

23 hours ago, Tommy99534 said:

I'm having an issue where whenever I make a maneuver node it basically breaks the game, making me unable to right click on any part without this happening and effectively making it impossible to click on. After removing the node, after a little while the weird UI glitch goes away but I remain unable to right click on anything. On occassions, it will lag the game horrendously and start duplicating mechjeb toolbar icons, which do not go away no matter what (I have seen them in the start menu before), although I have yet to encounter that particular variation of the problem in 1.12.2. Log here

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this is using the latest dev version, but the problem persists on non-dev versions as well, even when downgrading to 1.11.2screenshot686.png

Nevermind, figured it out. Not a mechjeb problem, it's caused using Harmony alongside AirlockPlus, which for some reason requires a very old version and will cause this bug if the latest versions are used.

On 7/22/2021 at 7:36 PM, Tommy99534 said:

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this is using the latest dev version, but the problem persists on non-dev versions as well, even when downgrading to 1.11.2

I found that the ability to click on things evaporates under many conditions, many unrelated to this mod.  The fix for me was the Click Through Blocker mod that provides a button to "Clear Input Locks" and this typically resolves the issue.  Also, using "M" to go from flight to map scenes and back often works also.  Finally, I recall that in the Alt-F12 cheat menu there is a "clear input lock" option that may work but I've never tried it

37 minutes ago, GKSP said:

Is it possible to disable the drop-down button for MJ?  For some reason, mine is showing up in the top-left corner, covering up the new alarm clock button and time warp controls.  Build #1092.

Should be a setting to turn off that button.

45 minutes ago, GKSP said:

Is it possible to disable the drop-down button for MJ?  For some reason, mine is showing up in the top-left corner, covering up the new alarm clock button and time warp controls.  Build #1092.

You can move the button!

Hey guys, I am running in a bit of a problem with my current KSP install and MechJeb. I am currently playing a JNSQ sort-of relaistic install with the ullage function of the engine ignitor mod enabled. As I understand, MechJeb is able to handle ullage simulation in the RO version. Though sarbian posted on Jan 10 2018 that the "Use RCS to ullage" utility is also part of the "main mod", there is no "Use RCS to ullage" option in my utilities menu. Is there anything I am missing or is it just impossible to activate it in stock/non RO KSP? 

hi, coming back to the game for the first time after the last ksp major release, I've updated almost all the mods and dependencies.
is all apparently ok but every time I save a game and I paste a text into the filename box,
an MJ message never seen before, appears for few seconds on the screen top right.
it says: "Pasted text wasn't a MechJeb custom window descriptor.".
I don't know what does it means, maybe I have accidentally touched something.
Can I do something to avoid that message every time I paste a text?

mj%20cust%20window.png?dl=1