[1.12.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.14.3] [4th March 2023]

sarbian

49 minutes ago, funkcanna said:

Hi, when I try to create a node (in this case its an advanced transfer) It says "error creating node".  the logs show this:

Every time ? Given where the crash occurs in the code I am not sure the problem is actually Mechjeb. You should post your whole log. I have a feeling an other mod is messing up something with orbits

45 minutes ago, sarbian said:

Every time ? Given where the crash occurs in the code I am not sure the problem is actually Mechjeb. You should post your whole log. I have a feeling an other mod is messing up something with orbits

Ok thanks, im not home now but will recreate and post logs. 

On 29.9.2017 at 2:45 PM, ansaman said:

Yes. I have noted this for the dev build. I don't know about any other edition.

On 29.9.2017 at 2:41 PM, mrvice said:

Ksp 1.3 - Anyone else have the problem that autostage feature is not working?

Seems like starting a new game fixed the issue for me.

On 9/25/2017 at 5:58 AM, RuBisCO said:

So been testing out 1.3.1 on windows things that are buggy with MechJeb

2. Accent Circularizing Orbits: In accent mode when it comes time to automatically circularize the orbit it often chooses a new inclination instead of staying on the one it is on.

Once again, this is fixed in dev builds.

On 9/29/2017 at 12:31 PM, Brigadier said:

While that was true for me a while ago, that's not been my recent experience.  I agree with @JonathanPerregaux - despite my vessel orienting correctly to the maneuver node, it sometimes won't warp when, in the past, it used to.  I, too, have to press '>' and then '<' to convince it to go.  It's not a big deal for me but the behaviour seems to have changed for some reason.  And, it's not consistent for me; sometimes the warp-to-node feature works as before.

Make sure you're on a dev build that has https://github.com/MuMech/MechJeb2/commit/f353a6a0b5b842da8985ddb60fc798f6dc9f2b3d#diff-b23080947b89db79b36157fa8ac82d11

3 hours ago, Jim DiGriz said:

I cannot find a dev build on GitHub (although I see the commit) and have little idea of how to go about compiling one on my own.  Does the build at https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-Dev/ include this PR?

4 hours ago, Brigadier said:

I cannot find a dev build on GitHub (although I see the commit) and have little idea of how to go about compiling one on my own.  Does the build at https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-Dev/ include this PR?

here are the builds https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-Dev/ Read the PR listings https://github.com/MuMech/MechJeb2/pulls?utf8=✓&q=is%3Apr to see what is changing

Each build will list the Version level it is on 2.6.0 for KSP1.2.2 and 2.6.1 for KSP1.3.0.  Need to have due diligence and read commits to understand each builds changes. But usually latest is fine, just expect the occasional bug introduction.

On 9/11/2017 at 2:22 PM, sarbian said:

Could you open an issue on GitHub for that ? Add the steps to duplicate it and what you expect. 

I can not work much on my mods for a while...

I finally added the issue. I lost power with hurricane irma here in Florida in the middle of opening the issue ;.;

Hello, thanks for your many years of work with MJ

I'm experiencing a localization issue with planet names with MJ - the issue and the solution (maybe?) can be found in the following post by HebaruSan and the post afterwards by dmagic. Here's a screenshot of the issue I'm having - look in the lower-right corner at Current Biome.

71wRUNF.png

Inside KSP's dictionary.cfg are the names of the planets with "^n" after the name - MJ doesn't remove the ^n before displaying it. 

Have anyone succesfully "Land at target" using latest dev build? 

It seems that once perfect "Landing Guidance" module now fail at literally EVERYTHING.

1. It fails to calculate proper deorbit spot (spot is chosen too far ahead).
  2. It fails at "corrective steering" stage, constantly wobbling around and trying to land 30 km away from target.
  3. It ignores "corrective steering" at all when you are at suborbital hop.
  4. It does not seem to use RCS for fine "corrective steering" even when told so.
  5. It fails to open landing gear (with box checked and gear off).
  6. It auto-timewarps far beyound safe "suicide burn" point.

P.S. No, I'm not using HyperEdit which causes severe timewarp bugs by itself.

Edited by Dr. Jet

2 hours ago, Dr. Jet said:

It seems that once perfect "Landing Guidance" module now fail at literally EVERYTHING.

2. It fails at "corrective steering" stage, constantly wobbling around and trying to land 30 km away from target.
  4. It does not seem to use RCS for fine "corrective steering" even when told so.

These are not issues just with the latest build. I have had them in every build. They're somewhat easy to work around, except for #1 in planets with atmosphere. I fly manually to a spot where I think will work, and say "land anywhere".

2 hours ago, Gilph said:

These are not issues just with the latest build. I have had them in every build. They're somewhat easy to work around, except for #1 in planets with atmosphere. I fly manually to a spot where I think will work, and say "land anywhere".

That's not a workaround. "Land anywhere" is not precise and is still prone to 5 and 6.

BTW, I remember pre-KSP1.2 MechJeb where everything (except spaceplane guidance) worked flawlessly. 

P.S. And not a single issue opened on that case on GitHub... :huh: (NEW ones I mean...)

Edited by Dr. Jet

On 10/10/2017 at 5:21 AM, Dr. Jet said:

Bullets #4 and #5 have been problems for a number of builds now.

Bullet #1 has just started showing up for me in the last two builds, and #2 in the current build. Just started using KSP 1.3.1, also...

I've seen another time-warp issue for several builds where the LGAP goes into warp, immediately pops out, does a calculation, pops into warp, immediately pops out, ad nauseum through almost the entire descent. This seems to be more pronounced when the entry angle is shallow, from a low altitude (like 30 km above the Mun or Minmus...).

I run on a linux build, BTW (LM 18.2, Kernel 4.11, AMD A10-7700K).

Edited by BARCLONE

@Voodoo8648 Add your own MM patch like this one which unlocks all MJ functions on all command parts from start of career:

Spoiler

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[MechJeb2]:Final
{
	%MODULE[MechJebCore]
	{
		%MechJebLocalSettings
		{
			%MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { %unlockTechs = start }
			%MechJebModuleSmartASS { %unlockTechs = start }
			%MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { %unlockTechs = start }
			%MechJebModuleNodeEditor { %unlockTechs = start }
			%MechJebModuleTranslatron { %unlockTechs = start }
			%MechJebModuleWarpHelper { %unlockTechs = start }
			%MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { %unlockTechs = start }
			%MechJebModuleThrustWindow { %unlockTechs = start }
			%MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { %unlockTechs = start }
			%MechJebModuleRoverWindow { %unlockTechs = start }
			%MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { %unlockTechs = start }
			%MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { %unlockTechs = start }
			%MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { %unlockTechs = start }
			%MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { %unlockTechs = start }
			%MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { %unlockTechs = start }
			%MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { %unlockTechs = start }
		}
	}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[KerbalSeat]]:NEEDS[MechJeb2]:Final
{
	%MODULE[MechJebCore]
	{
		%MechJebLocalSettings
		{
		}
	}
}

13 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

@Voodoo8648 Add your own MM patch like this one which unlocks all MJ functions on all command parts from start of career:

Reveal hidden contents

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[MechJeb2]:Final
{
	%MODULE[MechJebCore]
	{
		%MechJebLocalSettings
		{
		}
	}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[KerbalSeat]]:NEEDS[MechJeb2]:Final
{
	%MODULE[MechJebCore]
	{
		%MechJebLocalSettings
		{
		}
	}
}

Thanks. So you're saying I have to create a NEW .cfg file and past that into the cfg? Do I just throw it into my gamedata folder

Has anybody else had issues with the landing guidance/auto-landing completely taking over roll? Hasn't happened before, and it's a little bit more annoying than it probably should be: https://giant.gfycat.com/EmptyFakeBetafish.webm

Not sure if i'm missing a setting that hasn't mattered until recently, or if something's bugged. logs dont seem to show anything

On 10/10/2017 at 5:21 AM, Dr. Jet said:

I had issues 2 and 5 with KSP 1.3, but with 1.3.1, I'm now also having issues 1 and 6. Have not had a successful guided landing since installing 1.3.1.

On 10/14/2017 at 8:48 PM, Voodoo8648 said:

Thanks. So you're saying I have to create a NEW .cfg file and past that into the cfg? Do I just throw it into my gamedata folder

Just to keep good organization habits, I'd label a folder something like "My_Configs" and put it in there, since custom configs are kinda like tattoos -- if you ever get one, soon you'll have more.

Has anyone else had issues with MechJeb massively oversteering with the latest version and KSP 1.3.1? I've been finding that pretty much any craft I use MechJeb with, even small simple ones with normally good handling tend to over-correct and fishtail into chaos and despair. Even just sitting there and engaging the SmartAss "Kill Rotation" feature tends to result in each little automatic nudge to be followed by another stronger one in the other direction, until my previously still craft is tumbling out of control. Obviously I can post logs, but first I wanted to see if this is just me.

15 hours ago, Tokamak said:

Has anyone else had issues with MechJeb massively oversteering with the latest version and KSP 1.3.1?

Yes, though I'm not certain that it's just MechJeb, I think I've seen the same behavior from SAS, just not as frequently.

16 hours ago, Tokamak said:

Has anyone else had issues with MechJeb massively oversteering with the latest version and KSP 1.3.1? I've been finding that pretty much any craft I use MechJeb with, even small simple ones with normally good handling tend to over-correct and fishtail into chaos and despair. Even just sitting there and engaging the SmartAss "Kill Rotation" feature tends to result in each little automatic nudge to be followed by another stronger one in the other direction, until my previously still craft is tumbling out of control. Obviously I can post logs, but first I wanted to see if this is just me.

i have it 1.3 also in Docking Autopilot. The status screen says I'm moving toward the target at 1 m/s, where the Target navball says I'm moving close to 2.  It looks like the velocity is not being recognized correct in MJ and the control mechanisms are late in correcting.

1 hour ago, Eric S said:

Yes, though I'm not certain that it's just MechJeb, I think I've seen the same behavior from SAS, just not as frequently.

1 hour ago, Gilph said:

i have it 1.3 also in Docking Autopilot. The status screen says I'm moving toward the target at 1 m/s, where the Target navball says I'm moving close to 2.  It looks like the velocity is not being recognized correct in MJ and the control mechanisms are late in correcting.

Hmm. I wonder what's causing it, then. A mod just crashing is easy to track down. Something fuzzy like this is harder. :I