[1.12.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.14.3] [4th March 2023]

sarbian

Hi, I am currently in the process of translating this mod and there are a few thing that I cannot:

Smart A.S.S (--> module; I got the "smart ass" wordplay, does the acronym mean anything though?)
NML (--> smartass)
Smart A.C.S (--> module; attitude control system i guess?)
SLT (--> info items)
Tf (-->attitude controller)
Sim SpdOfSnd (-->SimSpdOfSnd)

Could anyone explain those to me? (thanks for this awsome mod btw :))

Issue with rover autopilot the traction percentage drops to 17% (I have 6 wheels) and won’t change at all it’s on a rover that use to work perfectly on Duna.

running tests with no mirrored or duplicated wheels.

example video of rover that worked 3 months ago. now not working in video

https://youtu.be/qziEbXWKxXk

Edited by mintme

Do not feel the need to translate the the word play. As much as it make me smile it also is troublesome for education and younger audience and I think I ll kill it for good sooner or later...

I think it was Attitude Stability System. A.C.S / Attitude Control System is the one used when the "education mode" option is active.

NML is Normal, as in Orthonormal

SLT - Sea Level TWR / Sea Level Thrust weight ratio

Tf  is ... well tf. It s a factur used to tune the pid. I would not translate it

Sim SpdOfSnd  - Simulation Speed of Sound

I don't know if it was already mentioned somewhere (the thread is just too long to read everything) but I wanted to restart playing after a while and mechjeb was always integral for my playing style. So I redownloaded many of the mods I used to love and as of right now everythings seems to work fine - as long as I don't use Mechjeb. Mechjeb gets me stuck in an infinite loading loop (figured it out by deleting all of the mods and reinstalling one after another and restarting the game until the problem occured again) . I read somewhere that the problem also existed for some time about half a year ago. Is there a solution? or is it a crossconnection between another mod which may cause this?

4 minutes ago, ZaeRoe said:

Mechjeb gets me stuck in an infinite loading loop

A logfile would help to examine the problem. It usually indicates a problem with a mod that has not been updated correctly to work with the KSP version you use.

45 minutes ago, HansAcker said:

A logfile would help to examine the problem. It usually indicates a problem with a mod that has not been updated correctly to work with the KSP version you use.

thx for the fast response. No crash log since it doesn't crash. Just restarted the game and it created this log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KBUQu_vAiUdwjEeBsk5DMFaZ23FoCZfZ/view?usp=sharing

Also this only happens when Mechjeb is installed, too

Edited by ZaeRoe
forgot the link

13 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

What version and build of MJ do you have installed? 

the current (2.10.0.0) one as I just downloaded it today. I also downloaded the 2.9.1.0 just for the sake of it after I ran into the problem but didn't try it yet

EDIT: Just tried to older version - same problem

Edited by ZaeRoe

44 minutes ago, ZaeRoe said:

There is a "ReflectionTypeLoadException" caused by  ScrapYard/ContractConfigurator, it seems:

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'ScrapYard_ContractConfigurator': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x000e6] in <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0 

That is the kind of exception I associate with KSP hanging at the loading screen.

Odd thing is that I would have expected ModuleManager to uncover the problem, too, or even a more descriptive message from MechJeb.

Edit: right, read what Sarbian wrote. Apparently, I only searched for Reflection in part of the preview, not the whole log file. Oops, sorry about that noise m)

Edited by HansAcker

4 minutes ago, ZaeRoe said:

the current (2.10.0.0) one as I just downloaded it today. I also downloaded the 2.9.1.0 just for the sake of it after I ran into the problem but didn't try it yet

From your log :

[ModuleManager] Intercepted a ReflectionTypeLoadException. List of broken DLLs:
USITools 1.0.0.0 GameData\000_USITools\USITools.dll

I need to add to MM a gigantic popup with "You use an obsolete mod that crash your game. Press YES to void all your right to complain or press NO to exit the game"

Your log is filled with exception and a simple look at ModuleManager dll list show stuff like :

CCK v5.0.0.0 / v4.1.0.0 for KSP 1.6.0

I am tired of debugging installs that are full of obsolete mods.

2 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

I remember having read a couple of posts in this thread that Firespitter and MJ sometimes cause issues with each other. Might want to remove one or the other,

The origin of the problem is known and has nothing to do with MJ and everything thing to do with pre 1.8 mods dll on a 1.8+ install.

7 minutes ago, sarbian said:

The origin of the problem is known and has nothing to do with MJ and everything thing to do with pre 1.8 mods dll on a 1.8+ install.

thx to all. that seems to be a solution - not a satisfactory one but the one which makes the most sense. since I haven't played for more than a year I missed this transition :/

Edited by ZaeRoe

11 minutes ago, sarbian said:

I know, did my homework :)

Not using Firespitter myself, just following this MJ thread and remembered that I saw a couple of posts from you about this, so I tried to help with that.

As your comment was way more on the point, I retracted mine.

Edited by VoidSquid

57 minutes ago, skzbr said:

Does anyone knows why translatron sometimes the KILL HORIZONTAL SPEED doesnt work???

Somtimes yes, somtimes not. Am i using it wrong?

https://prnt.sc/tsoahp

Why are you using it from 32,0000m up?   Translatron is useful close to the ground to control hovering and low speed flight close to the ground.  I use it all the time to reposition landers near the ground.  Moving them around like a helicopter taxiing.

What are you trying to accomplish?  Deorbit? Use Landing Guidance instead.

I'm guessing Translatron is doing the best it can to kill your horizontal surface speed as you drop from orbit.  You are essentially asking it to hover over a point an spinning ball as you come down.   

14 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

Why are you using it from 32,0000m up?   Translatron is useful close to the ground to control hovering and low speed flight close to the ground.  I use it all the time to reposition landers near the ground.  Moving them around like a helicopter taxiing.

What are you trying to accomplish?  Deorbit? Use Landing Guidance instead.

I'm guessing Translatron is doing the best it can to kill your horizontal surface speed as you drop from orbit.  You are essentially asking it to hover over a point an spinning ball as you come down.   

Using in this altitude for testing, only. I use translatron when making fine adjustment, thats why im liquided off, its aruining thousands of landings because sometimes it works the kill horizontal speed and sometimes not! just cut off the engines when i press.

1 minute ago, skzbr said:

Using in this altitude for testing, only. I use translatron when making fine adjustment, thats why im liquided off, its aruining thousands of landings because sometimes it works the kill horizontal speed and sometimes not! just cut off the engines when i press.

It would help to have a video of it failing.  I've never seen issues with it and I use it quite frequently.

I have a problem with the automated landing guidance on Kerbin. I'm attempting to land a first stage booster, Falcon 9 style on a ship (with a method that has worked perfectly for other people), using a low thrust engine mode, and a very steep ascent/descent angle. (See the landing technique in action here). Using version 2.9.2 (I use KSP v1.9.1), the booster always impacts the ground a couple hundred meters to the east of my target, and in the majority of cases starts the final landing burn waaaay too late, impacting the ground at around 200-300m/s, and in some cases not doing a landing burn at all (resulting in an impact at about 700-900m/s). Is this a bug? Could I do this differently? Is the landing guidance system crashing?

(See the landing guidance system fail 
here, this is me trying to land the booster, on this video I tried the landing with 2.10, but the exact same issues occur in 2.9.2)

PS: Here's the player.log file if you need it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/105zbvCJeYMabKYb9eiBmPEtdE3_Ng5Oq/view?usp=sharing

The log was recorded with version 2.9 installed

Edited by Emilius73

11 hours ago, KPlayer said:

hey man i wanna help to pass the translation to brazilian portuguese.

can i just translate the archive you tell to see and how i can push it to you guys later after that?

Hey sure, translate this and put it somewhere. I will handle the remaining steps