[1.12.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.14.3] [4th March 2023]

sarbian

1 minute ago, sarbian said:

I have no idea of what you are talking about.

Sorry, I was talking about this:

Ok, here is MechJeb2-2.12.2.0.zip that "fix" that problem.

I use quote because the problem is actually in one of the mod you use, but that "fix" will at least allow MJ to work.

I (apparently wrongly) assumed this was in specific reference to Kronometer, which currently has a bug that causes MechJeb's windows to squeeze into the upper left corner of the screen.

51 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

@sarbian I'm still having that issue I had earlier, by any chance do you know which mods can conflict with MechJeb.

Put your log somewhere. That way I can see what is going on.

Have not played for ages and tried to get the newest Mechjeb version 2.12.0 going. What do I have to do to get Mechjeb running without that part ? I tried all the different Mechjeb for  all and embedded mods but they  seem to be outdated and dont work. Mechjeb is working fine btw when I use that Mechjeb Part, but would be nice to have the function without.  Couldnt find any solution on google unfortunately.

57 minutes ago, Rucki said:

Have not played for ages and tried to get the newest Mechjeb version 2.12.0 going. What do I have to do to get Mechjeb running without that part ? I tried all the different Mechjeb for  all and embedded mods but they  seem to be outdated and dont work. Mechjeb is working fine btw when I use that Mechjeb Part, but would be nice to have the function without.  Couldnt find any solution on google unfortunately.

This is default behavior to not need to use the AR202 part anymore as long as you aren't also running RP-0 or RealismOverhaul. 

21 minutes ago, Arrowmaster said:

This is default behavior to not need to use the AR202 part anymore as long as you aren't also running RP-0 or RealismOverhaul. 

Thats weird then, It doesnt work for me, only if I attach the AR202 on the rocket I get the Mechjeb window. Im not using any mod besides Mechjeb. I also reloaded the MJ from https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-Dev/lastStableBuild/ and Im on KSP version 1.12.2

I also tried to start a new game just for testing purpose and its the same, no Mechjeb without attaching the AR202 for me.

1 hour ago, Rucki said:

Thats weird then, It doesnt work for me, only if I attach the AR202 on the rocket I get the Mechjeb window. Im not using any mod besides Mechjeb. I also reloaded the MJ from https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-Dev/lastStableBuild/ and Im on KSP version 1.12.2

I also tried to start a new game just for testing purpose and its the same, no Mechjeb without attaching the AR202 for me.

Do you have ModuleManager? There is a cfg file in the Parts directory that adds Mechjeb functionality to all command parts but it requires ModuleManager.

47 minutes ago, Arrowmaster said:

Do you have ModuleManager? There is a cfg file in the Parts directory that adds Mechjeb functionality to all command parts but it requires ModuleManager.

That was it, after downloading ModuleManager everything is working. Thank you a lot !

3 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Im kinda new to mod help so what is a log?

KSP generates a text file that is a log, everytime it loads up KSP. In the KerbalSpaceProgram folder you will find KSP.log

That is the generated log file.

@sarbian
I just would like to congratulate, for the high accuracy of the Landing Guidance:
even from a polar orbit of a small planet like Eeloo(
0.172 g)...

mj%20polar%20o.jpg?dl=1

...I can successfully land exactly where I wanted, that is, at the coordinates:
0° 0' 19" N
124° 17' 52" W

because even if in reality the LG misses the landing position by 150m,
it is always very precise in its error, so I can easily play with those "10m step"
arrows and match the surface point I need.
nice job.

mj%20landed.jpg?dl=1

edit: unfortunately, I have not enough dV left to return home, even if I use a Jool gravity assist and I wander into deep space for 27 years just to reach Jool,
I would not make it.
I miss less than 200 Dv. Geez! I have to return to the VAB ..
. I'm almost crying..

edit2: wait, I maybe found another way, that brings me to home with +40dV: quite on the limit.
a Jool earlier enounter, a manually adjusted fine tune node and a manually made node at Ap.

I'm not sure what I will do, go back to VAB adding 200 Dv to some
stage and redo all the mission or try these three maneuvers...
uhm.. thinking about it, I don't wanna redo all this damned mission at all.

mj%20jool%20assist.png?dl=1

Edited by antipro

2 hours ago, antipro said:

because even if in reality the LG misses the landing position by 150m,
it is always very precise in its error, so I can easily play with those "10m step"
arrows and match the surface point I need.
nice job.

We aim to please :D

One day I'll find out why it does that. I suspect that the landing point is not properly calculated because the planet model is not fully loaded when starting from orbit and the actual terrain height is higher or lower when on the surface. But I grew tired of try to fix the landing a long time ago. It takes way too much time to test.

51 minutes ago, sarbian said:

But I grew tired of try to fix the landing a long time ago. It takes way too much time to test.

I can imagine, anyway you don't really need do try it. The LG isn't perfect but precise enough to use it with satisfaction, even if you have to adjust coordinates.
Imho It's like the other tools, most of the times they works with high precision and you don't have to do nothing else, sometimes they need little adjustments,
depending on which situation you are.
I want to point out that it was a serious compliment, absolutely not ironic.

Edited by antipro

anyway since I am in this thread I would like to kindly re-propose a couple of requests that I made about 10 days ago but without having an answer:

On 8/18/2021 at 2:29 PM, antipro said:

hi, if possible I would like to kindly request a couple of new features.

Initial condition: equatorial 120km LKO, example target: Moho.
Now wanting to use an Eve swing-by, it would be useful to have a tool similar to the "Advanced Transfer" but
that allows me to choose a specific orbital point where to encounter Eve, for example the Eve-Moho's orbital planes's crossing point.
So that I can use Eve in order to match the Moho orbital plane as well as reduce the Pe.

sorry if this has already been requested.

I would also like to have in the "fine tune closest approach to target" feature,
an option that allows me to select the orbital inclination or at least to be able to choose to arrive in a polar orbit instead of an equatorial one.

Edited by antipro

4 hours ago, antipro said:

anyway since I am in this thread I would like to kindly re-propose a couple of requests that I made about 10 days ago but without having an answer:

I have no idea of the math required for that so some else would have to code it.

remember this image? The adv transfer from eeloo to jool.

mj%20jool%20assist.png?dl=1

now seems it no longer want to works
here's ksp.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wkqkiaw8326mck7/KSP.log?dl=0
MJ says: "ejection optimization failed" and there are a lot of "CheckEncounter: failed to find any intercepts at all" strings in the log file..

ejection%20optimization%20failed.png?dl=

Edited by antipro

• 4 weeks later...

I have been having a lot of trouble with the "advanced transfer". It just doesn't seem to be as reliable as it used to be. Sometimes works, sometimes gives wonky answers.

However, I love the new more general two-burn transfer planner compared to the old in-plane Hohman planner.

Edited by mikegarrison

9 minutes ago, mikegarrison said:

I have been having a lot of trouble with the "advanced transfer". It just doesn't seem to be as reliable as it used to be. Sometimes works, sometimes gives wonky answers.

However, I love the new more general two-burn transfer planner compared to the old in-plane Hohman planner.

About the "Advanced Transfer", can I know at which LKO altitude you start from?
I'm asking this cause of I always noticed that under about 120km, it doesn't work well.

Secondarily, when you talk about "two-burn transfer planner" I presume you're talking about the
"bi-impulsive transfer to target", in this case I have a question:
why it is called "Bi" Impulsive if it creates one node only?
As far as I know the only mod that creates two nodes is Astrogator and it works like "MJ Adv Transfer",
I mean that it works even when you are not in the same SOI of the target.
Not like the Bi-Impulsive that works only in the same SOI.