[1.12.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.14.3] [4th March 2023]

sarbian

just did a test with different engines like the terrier and it is the same issue. fine when the landing craft is all by it's lonesome but when mounted on top off the ascent stage once it is time for those engines to burn they just puff like they are at the end of the burn. when i shut off mechjeb the engines run fine. so it is definitely a mechjeb issue

10 hours ago, starsfan69 said:

if i knew i how to load my rocket build i would post both of them

All of your custom vessels are stored in <your KSP folder>\saves\<your save>\Ships\VAB or \SPH.   If you wish to share them either:

1. upload both the .craft and .LoadMeta files to a file sharing service, such as Dropbox and others, and post a shareable link here.  I don't know if both files are necessary.  I suspect only the .craft file but I could be wrong; or,
  2. use KerbalX.

Edited by Brigadier

i managed to get a good trip to minmus and back.  something about having fuel lines on the upper stage. which makes no sense i followed Scott Manely and Matt Lowne,s instructions and started it at the fuel tank i wanted to drain from and ended at the tank i wanted to flow to. but once i removed that fuel line it worked fine.  now i  go to minmus, do all the fun stuff plant the flag and what not, make a nice safe return to kerbin. save the game. shut the computer down to go play a round of golf. i get back 6 hrs later,  fire the game up,  load the same aircraft that just 6 hrs earlier flew to minmus and back with no issues. made no changes (no need to it flew perfectly last time) go to launch and for whatever reason at 6000 ft mechjeb cuts the throttles on the ascent stage,. so i am back to worse than square one. cause square one it least got to orbit before mechjeb decided to excrements the bed. now i barley get 6000 ft of the ground and mechjeb is like "screw it. let them crash".

have to work the next 4 days but on my next day off i am going to do Brigadier's advise and upload my simple build here for the pro's to look it over,.

12/5 update: after work i did some tests and itis 100% a mechjeb issue. a friend suggested i delete mechjeb and reinstall.  i guess now you have to go thru this overwolf bs site now to install mechjeb and make it work. so i did that and it worked fine and dandy.  however i have noticed every single time i close the game. when i restart mechjeb  i had the exact same issues of mechjeb cutting my thrusters at 6000 ft. what i found out is (at least for me) i have to uninstall mechjeb and then reinstall it every single time i load the game and to top it off you have to lunch the game via overwolf.  not sure why the creators of mechjeb decided to go thru this overwolf bullcrap site but it has made using mechjeb harder than it should. then again the developers of mechjeb prolly decide people need to learn to fly the spaceship themselves and stop using mechjeb. so they make it as difficult as possible to use mechjeb now. it is working. after watching scott and matt's videos i managed to get to the mun and back.  

Edited by starsfan69
did some tests and wanted to post my results.

Apologies if this has been brought up before.  I am playing non-RSS/RO/RP/Scaled KSP version 1.12.2 and was attempting to perform SpaceX style booster return burns with MechJeb version 2.12.3 based on an older video on YouTube (for reference, the version of MechJeb on this video was 2.9.2). I followed the streamers directions to a tee and could not land my rocket back at KSC or on a SpaceX style drone ship; not with any degree of accuracy, at least. The difference I noticed in the video (v2.9.2), as the rocket re-entered the atmosphere, the booster performed a "deceleration burn", but would not perform the same burn in the newer 2.12.3 version. My rocket would continue plummeting towards Kerbin, gaining speeds in excess of 1000m/s and would finally kick on the engines at roughly 300-500m above Kerbin, which would not be enough to stop.  Without the deceleration burn, the rocket would land in the water, or at KSC, 1-3km away from my designated landing zone target. The MechJeb 'Landing Guidance' pop-up showed as "Coasting to deceleration burn", but the burn was never performed, regardless of how fast, or slow, I was going. I went through the GitHub files and found there was a version history and a few changes to the decelerationburn.cs & coursecorrection.cs (obviously other changes were made to other files too, but I didn't feel the other changes affected this instance) between 2.9.2 and 2.12.3, but I am only smart enough to know there was a change, and not what that change actually does or means. I then reverted my downloaded version of MJ to 2.9.2 and the landing guidance worked. Flawlessly! 100% of the time. The rocket would slow down enough, even with atmosphere (I had read in a lot of places MJ couldn't calculate the atmospheric landing guidance very well), landed perfectly, within a half a meter or so. So, in short, v2.9.2 landing guidance works perfectly. V2.12.3, not so much (in my case).

So far, 2.9.2 has not given me any problems on my 1.12.2. install, but to be honest, I only used it for the Landing Guidance and nothing else. Maybe you know about this, maybe you don't, but this is what I found. It's a great mod for what I have used it for, and look forward to learning its other functions in the future. I really wish I could help further, and would like to learn how to do this, but as of now, this is the best information I can provide. I can provide all logs, if necessary, but didn't feel this was relevant to any issue on my machine. If this is not the correct or desired format to list an issue, please let me know. I just want to help and would like to assist as much as possible.

If this is a mistake on my part, please let me know, and I will attempt to make this work on the newer version. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

May have found a new bug

I was docking a new module to an existing space station in orbit of the Mun. As soon as the docking completes, I consistently get two decouplers firing...one on the previously active, now docked part, and another vessel docked to the station. I've isolated the portion of the log down to this (Note the second to last line):

[LOG 10:53:05.296] Docking to vessel MunStation 1
[LOG 10:53:06.233] Camera Mode: AUTO
[LOG 10:53:06.234] Active vessel docked to a station. Waiting for LateUpdate...
[LOG 10:53:06.236] FF: docking vessel bluedog.OAO.ProbeCore (MunStationAitLock)
[WRN 10:53:06.251] [AttachNode]: Unable to invert surface node on FL-T100 Fuel Tank. Set to center of part.
[LOG 10:53:06.270] HullCam: Cleanup
[LOG 10:53:06.271] HullCam: sCurrentHandler is this
[LOG 10:53:06.271] HullCam: Removed, now 11
[LOG 10:53:06.274] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Mun
[LOG 10:53:06.325] [FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel MunStation 1 ---------------------- 
[LOG 10:53:06.326] Camera Mode: AUTO
[WRN 10:53:06.330] InternalModel error: Part Crew capacity is 1, but 16 seats are defined in internal model
[WRN 10:53:06.332] InternalModel error: Part Crew capacity is 1, but 16 seats are defined in internal model
[WRN 10:53:06.440] InternalModel error: Part Crew capacity is 1, but 16 seats are defined in internal model
[WRN 10:53:06.441] InternalModel error: Part Crew capacity is 1, but 16 seats are defined in internal model
[WRN 10:53:06.443] InternalModel error: Part Crew capacity is 1, but 16 seats are defined in internal model
[WRN 10:53:06.445] InternalModel error: Part Crew capacity is 1, but 16 seats are defined in internal model
[WRN 10:53:06.487] InternalModel error: Part Crew capacity is 1, but 16 seats are defined in internal model
[LOG 10:53:06.598] [KerbNet Controller] Scanning Vessel [MunStation 1]... Found [5] KerbNet Parts
[LOG 10:53:06.653] [BetterBurnTime] Vessel changed to MunStation 1
[LOG 10:53:06.812] FF: EventObserver:: OnVesselChange MunStation 1
[LOG 10:53:06.833] [KerbNet Controller] Scanning Vessel [MunStation 1]... Found [5] KerbNet Parts
[LOG 10:53:06.862] Setting camera pivot to the new CoM.
[LOG 10:53:06.898] [MechJeb2] Loading Mechjeb 2.12.3
[LOG 10:53:06.915] ScaleModList: listSize 1271 maxListSize 439
[LOG 10:53:07.576] 12/17/2021 10:53:07 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Active Vessel unreadable - resetting inqueue flag
[LOG 10:53:07.577] [Trajectories] Profiles loaded
[LOG 10:53:07.627] ScaleModList: listSize 1271 maxListSize 439
[LOG 10:53:07.627] Create button for module Aircraft Autopilot
[LOG 10:53:07.628] [MechJeb2] No icon for Aircraft_Autopilot
[LOG 10:53:07.628] Create button for module Attitude Adjustment
[LOG 10:53:07.629] Create button for module Custom Window Editor
[LOG 10:53:07.629] Create button for module Flight Recorder
[LOG 10:53:07.629] [MechJeb2] No icon for Flight_Recorder
[LOG 10:53:07.629] Create button for module Maneuver Node Editor
[LOG 10:53:07.630] Create button for module Maneuver Planner
[LOG 10:53:07.630] Create button for module RCS Balancer
[LOG 10:53:07.631] Create button for module Scripting Module
[LOG 10:53:07.631] [MechJeb2] No icon for Scripting_Module
[LOG 10:53:07.631] Create button for module Settings
[LOG 10:53:07.633] Create button for module Smart A.S.S.
[LOG 10:53:07.634] Create button for module SmartRcs
[LOG 10:53:07.635] [MechJeb2] No icon for SmartRcs
[LOG 10:53:07.635] Create button for module Translatron
[LOG 10:53:07.636] Create button for module Utilities
[LOG 10:53:07.636] Create button for module Warp Helper
[LOG 10:53:07.636] Create button for module Ascent Stats
[LOG 10:53:07.638] [MechJeb2] No icon for Ascent_Stats
[LOG 10:53:07.638] Create button for module Atmosphere Info
[LOG 10:53:07.639] [MechJeb2] No icon for Atmosphere_Info
[LOG 10:53:07.639] Create button for module Delta-V Stats
[LOG 10:53:07.639] Create button for module Landing Info
[LOG 10:53:07.640] [MechJeb2] No icon for Landing_Info
[LOG 10:53:07.640] Create button for module Rendezvous Info
[LOG 10:53:07.640] [MechJeb2] No icon for Rendezvous_Info
[LOG 10:53:07.640] Create button for module Surface Info
[LOG 10:53:07.641] Create button for module Target Orbit Info
[LOG 10:53:07.641] [MechJeb2] No icon for Target_Orbit_Info
[LOG 10:53:07.641] Create button for module Vessel Info
[LOG 10:53:07.641] Create button for module docking info
[LOG 10:53:07.642] [MechJeb2] No icon for docking_info
[LOG 10:53:07.670] 12/17/2021 10:53:07 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Removing DrawGUI from PostRender Queue
[LOG 10:53:07.703] 12/17/2021 10:53:07 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Vessel Change from 'No Vessel' to 'MunStation 1'
[LOG 10:53:07.704] FF: orbit closed detected for vessel bluedog.MOL.ControlSegment (MunStation 1)
[LOG 10:53:07.744] Mechjeb Autostage: Executing next stage on bluedog.MOL.ControlSegment (MunStation 1)
[LOG 10:53:09.228] [KerbNet Controller] Scanning Vessel [MunStation 1]... Found [4] KerbNet Parts

Note my config is MechJeb2 2.12.3.0, running on KSP 1.12.3.

6 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

@Michel Bartolone It's HullCam VDS. I just removedf it a couple of days ago (I never had luck with it over years, but tried again repeatedly...).

Nope. Removed HullCam, started the game, back the pre dock save point, dock the ship, same two decouplers fire and I still get this in the log:
[LOG 16:43:31.612] 12/17/2021 4:43:31 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Removing DrawGUI from PostRender Queue
[LOG 16:43:31.658] Mechjeb Autostage: Executing next stage on bluedog.MOL.ControlSegment (MunStation 1)
[LOG 16:43:32.955] [KerbNet Controller] Scanning Vessel [MunStation 1]... Found [4] KerbNet Parts

I'm having a extremely strange glitch. https://imgur.com/a/mQB20ww I have no idea what's wrong with this thing. It's just not showing up on here and or letting me edit the windows I want to make. Also does anyone else notice that windows like the Orbit Info and Vessel Info are missing? I can create them again with this but it just creates blank windows like that one that don't have anything. Any window I attempt to create also goes away whenever I reload. https://www.mediafire.com/file/ppzp0iagexg7nbg/Player.log/file I don't know if any of that is helpful, but I Hope I can make sense out of all of this!

Those who are having issues, you need to upload *all* your logs to a file sharing site and share the link in your post with a clear description of how to reproduce the issue.  There's a lot more info in the log files that helps track down the true root cause.

3 hours ago, Brainpop14 said:

I'm having a extremely strange glitch. https://imgur.com/a/mQB20ww I have no idea what's wrong with this thing. It's just not showing up on here and or letting me edit the windows I want to make. Also does anyone else notice that windows like the Orbit Info and Vessel Info are missing? I can create them again with this but it just creates blank windows like that one that don't have anything. Any window I attempt to create also goes away whenever I reload. https://www.mediafire.com/file/ppzp0iagexg7nbg/Player.log/file I don't know if any of that is helpful, but I Hope I can make sense out of all of this!

I had this issue after installing Infernal Robotics. No idea what the conflict was but MJ came back after I removed IR and deleted all the ModuleManager files (NOT the .dll) from the gamedata folder.

Hi , mechjeb doesn't have every feature it's supposed to have , it only have the pod and the AR202 , is that normal ? I can't have all features except with the pod which is hard especially on small rovers , any other part can't be attached on the vessel , so , how to fix that ?

Note : downloaded four different versions and it doesn't work

5 hours ago, mmamh2008 said:

Hi , mechjeb doesn't have every feature it's supposed to have , it only have the pod and the AR202 , is that normal ? I can't have all features except with the pod which is hard especially on small rovers , any other part can't be attached on the vessel , so , how to fix that ?

Note : downloaded four different versions and it doesn't work

Hi, not sure about what you explain. But if you re talking about some locked features at the beginning of a carreer mode then you can unlock them by adding an empty folder in your gamedata and name it exactly "MechJebUnlocked".

11 hours ago, LTQ90 said:

Hi, not sure about what you explain. But if you re talking about some locked features at the beginning of a carreer mode then you can unlock them by adding an empty folder in your gamedata and name it exactly "MechJebUnlocked".

I assume there are other parts , or it's just the AR202 case that does everything?

@mmamh2008 doing a little research  you would find something, but your first find would lead to the need of more research, so I condensed it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/al9dnsf59xkuybg/MechJebForAll (with variants).zip?dl=1

There are 3 variants in  - as you need to learn more about how KSP and mods / MM-patches work,  see for yourself, I do NOT explain.

8 hours ago, mmamh2008 said:

I assume there are other parts , or it's just the AR202 case that does everything?

As long i as know, there is only 2 parts for mechjeb. While you advance in carrer mode and unlock more and more in the tree tech, there are more modules available for the ar202. It's like an upgraded software of this part.

Aha

16 hours ago, LTQ90 said:

As long i as know, there is only 2 parts for mechjeb. While you advance in carrer mode and unlock more and more in the tree tech, there are more modules available for the ar202. It's like an upgraded software of this part.

Thanks , I didn't see all the options with it , I'll try it again with the folder "MechJebUnlocked"

I play sandbox , but it seems that something is broken

21 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

@mmamh2008 doing a little research  you would find something, but your first find would lead to the need of more research, so I condensed it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/al9dnsf59xkuybg/MechJebForAll (with variants).zip?dl=1

There are 3 variants in  - as you need to learn more about how KSP and mods / MM-patches work,  see for yourself, I do NOT explain.

I know how they work and even tried to make a heat shield tiles mod , but mechjeb is a bit tricky

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, tell me, please, how can I turn off the need to put the MechJeb part on my ship, but leave the need for MechJeb research to open up new functionality in career mode? I tried to read old topics but didn't find anything working.

3 hours ago, Maers said:

Guys, tell me, please, how can I turn off the need to put the MechJeb part on my ship, but leave the need for MechJeb research to open up new functionality in career mode? I tried to read old topics but didn't find anything working.

there is a mod called mechjeb  and engineer for all. CKan is your friend :)

12 hours ago, LTQ90 said:

there is a mod called mechjeb  and engineer for all. CKan is your friend :)

BRO! CKan is super stuff, thank you! The "mechjeb and Engineer for all" mod does add MechJeb to all parts, but disables it in the research lab. BUT "MechJeb Embedded Universal" does the same thing and keep research. That's what I need!

anyone know what's required to get mechjeb working with custom tech trees? i used an MM patch to change the techs in the mechjebcore module but apparently its not enough

MODULE
    {
        name = MechJebCore
        MechJebLocalSettings {
            MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { unlockTechs = flightControl }
            MechJebModuleSmartASS { unlockTechs = flightControl }
            MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
            MechJebModuleNodeEditor { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
            MechJebModuleTranslatron { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
            MechJebModuleWarpHelper { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
            MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
            MechJebModuleThrustWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
            MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
            MechJebModuleRoverWindow { unlockTechs = fieldScience }
            MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
            MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
            MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
            MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
            MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
            MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
        }
    }

7 hours ago, sunnypunny said:

anyone know what's required to get mechjeb working with custom tech trees? i used an MM patch to change the techs in the mechjebcore module but apparently its not enough

The easiest thing to do, and the only one that will work with any variant tech tree, is to change the unlockTechs to "start", AKA "unlockTechs = start".