[1.12.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.14.3] [4th March 2023]

sarbian

On 2/20/2023 at 11:52 AM, Michel Bartolone said:

I've just figured out an issue that seems to be related to MJ. If you have autostage turned on using the Utilities tool, if you dock with a station, docking seems to trigger staging, causing various decouplers to fire. 

Yes. I ran  into that some time ago. Never bothered to report it, as I figured there were plenty of higher priority things to be worked on. Just got me in the habit of turning off autostage before docking. Well, that and I was already in the habit of doing a quicksave before docking, as there are so many things that can go wrong.

On 2/11/2023 at 10:17 AM, Gouvernathor said:

Deleting the "GameData\MechJeb2\Parts\MechJebNoCommandPod.cfg" file was enough to fix the issue. But it's included in vanilla mechjeb, so I guess I'll have to manually remove it at every update... Not great, ideally it should be toggleable from the in-game MJ settings.

Not possible to turn off MM loading via the MJ settings due to temporal causality in this universe.

You can create an empty MechJebUseCommandPod directory in GameData and it should turn off.

Im trying to "automate" everything and ran into a problem when docking.  I can get the vessel to line up but it just stops before docking, It wont finish the procedure. Im guessing 20m or so,  Is this an issue with MJ or am I missing something? I can dock manually just fine, but it defeats the purpose or what Im trying to do anyway.

2 hours ago, viperwolf said:

Im trying to "automate" everything and ran into a problem when docking.  I can get the vessel to line up but it just stops before docking, It wont finish the procedure. Im guessing 20m or so,  Is this an issue with MJ or am I missing something? I can dock manually just fine, but it defeats the purpose or what Im trying to do anyway.

I've had this problem too. Don't know what causes it. 

8 minutes ago, sarbian said:

Is it with stock docking port? Are you sure you have set the 'Control from here' on your docking port and the target is the other ship docking port?

Yes, stock JR docking ports, and have control and target set. I watched some old vids of Mechjeb docking  and nothing looks out of the ordinary for my two vessels. I just feel like Im missing something simple that is causing this, but I guess others have done the same.  Once the ports line up (Ive tried from 5-20-30m), it wont close the distance for some reason.

2 hours ago, sarbian said:

Is it with stock docking port? Are you sure you have set the 'Control from here' on your docking port and the target is the other ship docking port?

Bug happens with modder ports as well.

The spacecraft will approach the "safe distance" and then just station keep there forever. 

Don't know what causes it.

Edited by GoldForest

8 hours ago, viperwolf said:

Yes, stock JR docking ports, and have control and target set. I watched some old vids of Mechjeb docking  and nothing looks out of the ordinary for my two vessels. I just feel like Im missing something simple that is causing this, but I guess others have done the same.  Once the ports line up (Ive tried from 5-20-30m), it wont close the distance for some reason.

If the save is stock only could you share it ?

For me switching the Docking Autopilot off and on again solved the problem every time, I have seen this behavior in every version of MechJeb so far. It happens sometimes, i can't force it  to happen. Here is a  Savefile, the ship is the "Docking Trainer S" ,  Only Mech Jeb and Modulemanager in this install. Hope this helps.

Edited by Kampfsanni

38 minutes ago, Kampfsanni said:

Here is a  Savefile, the ship is the "Docking Trainer S" ,

Sorry for butting in, I was curious about this docking issue, since I've never seen it. Sorry to say I've still never seen it, as your save works fine for me.

I loaded the save, went to the tracking station, found the craft you mentioned, and figured it was pointing at this port, so I set it as target, controlled from the docking port on the craft, changed a couple autopilot options, and turned on the AP and docked.

Tbh, I was kinda hoping someone found a way to do station keeping, as I could really use that for orbital construction, but haven't found a way to do it.

Spoiler

LbjzU7A.png

rcbPsUZ.png

The problem is that it only happens sometimes. Most of the time it is working fine and sometimes it simpy stops right before docking. I was docking and undocking  several times  on diferent dockingports to provoke this behavior

For me it looks like the autopilot is locking up before the last push.

9 hours ago, viperwolf said:

Anyone know if any of these mods conflict with Mechjeb? Specifically docking?

I don't think so, no.

Did you try both override settings in the docking autopilot? What status does it show in the window when it locks up?

Edited by HansAcker

On 3/2/2023 at 10:14 PM, HansAcker said:

I don't think so, no.

Did you try both override settings in the docking autopilot? What status does it show in the window when it locks up?

Ill have to look and see what it says exactly, I dont remember. Its saying something like aligning or closing distance. I did try the override settings.

New release MechJeb2-2.14.3.0.zip

• Localization fix
  • fix related to radian vs degree
  • New infoItems about the Target ( MeanAnomaly, TrueLongitude, LDN, TimeToAn, TimeToDN ) that nay be of use to Principia players
  • More work on PVG

I will try to get another version soon with the fix for the broken windows, and then it will be quiet for a while on the official release front. Lamont is working on a PVG overhaul, and I am testing a "modern" UI that should have less impact on perf than the current one. This will take a while and will show up (later) on the dev releases. (and of course there is KSP 2, but that will be for later).

Edit: One last thing. I know some of you have the bug where the UI is stuck in the corner and broken. I have not been able to reproduce it. If someone here has this bug and does not have a huge list of mods please share your mods info, so I can have another go at it.

Edited by sarbian

On 3/4/2023 at 11:08 PM, sarbian said:

(and of course there is KSP 2, but that will be for later).

Looks like Ill have to make another donation in the future &)

Seriously, Im really glad and excited that mech jeb will move to KSP2 one day.

On 3/4/2023 at 3:08 PM, sarbian said:

New release MechJeb2-2.14.3.0.zip

• Localization fix
  • fix related to radian vs degree
  • New infoItems about the Target ( MeanAnomaly, TrueLongitude, LDN, TimeToAn, TimeToDN ) that nay be of use to Principia players
  • More work on PVG

I will try to get another version soon with the fix for the broken windows, and then it will be quiet for a while on the official release front. Lamont is working on a PVG overhaul, and I am testing a "modern" UI that should have less impact on perf than the current one. This will take a while and will show up (later) on the dev releases. (and of course there is KSP 2, but that will be for later).

Edit: One last thing. I know some of you have the bug where the UI is stuck in the corner and broken. I have not been able to reproduce it. If someone here has this bug and does not have a huge list of mods please share your mods info, so I can have another go at it.

Just tried to add TimeToAN and TimeToDN to gauge the launch timing for a rendezvous in inclination. However the timing seems not to be updated but is stuck at 7minutes something. Did I configure this wrong?

On 3/8/2023 at 2:54 PM, Michel Bartolone said:

Isn't there also another mod called something like "MechJeb For All"?

There is - however, I didn't download MechJebForAll, yet I have an option in the PAWS to activate MechJeb for any command capsule or probe core.