[1.12.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.14.3] [4th March 2023]

sarbian

15 minutes ago, secretly_asian said:

I used to know how to spoiler... how do you do it?

When you're editing your post, there's buttons above where you're typing. One of them looks like an eyeball (chain link, quotation mark, <>, smiley face, eyeball)

Click the eyeball and type or paste into the spoiler box.

You can also highlight a section of text and THEN click the eyeball and it will spoilerify the highlighted text.

Edit: And, I am looking at the log you pasted. So far havent found anything. It is installed to the correct location. Still looking it over. Maybe you might try the latest dev version though? https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-Dev/

Edited by Starwaster

2 hours ago, Starwaster said:

When you're editing your post, there's buttons above where you're typing. One of them looks like an eyeball (chain link, quotation mark, <>, smiley face, eyeball)

You can also highlight a section of text and THEN click the eyeball and it will spoilerify the highlighted text.

Edit: And, I am looking at the log you pasted. So far havent found anything. It is installed to the correct location. Still looking it over. Maybe you might try the latest dev version though? https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-Dev/

Still no dice :(

2 hours ago, Starwaster said:

I installed Add-on Version checker to see which mods i had installed. Every single mod except for MechJeb was in the list.

Hi, I'm using dev #687 and the warp helper is consistently switching to 1x when it's still 30 seconds for the moment I set it to warp, and the warp helper window remains with the button in "abort" as in it's still warping (until it reaches the moment I set it to). Is this intended behaviour or is it a bug and I should be submitting the log?

34 minutes ago, secretly_asian said:

Man I've tried damn near everything and the game just refuses to see the mod. i want my mechjeb back :(

On to silly problem and questions/answer time.  If you have multiple installs, are you using a link to the correct one, if CKAN, is it looking at the correct install.  Assuming Steam, are you using steam or a direct run link if not running via CKAN.   If installing via CKAN are you sure that KSP is terminated (not running) when CKAN installs it.?  If your manually installing it do you have Write permission on the folder?  Does CKAN have write permission on folder.  Is CKAN looking at the correct install?

\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MechJeb2\Plugins\MechJeb2.dll  <install in a normal steam tree.

\Users\Jono\Desktop\Games\Kerbal Space Program\Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2\GameData\MechJeb2\Plugins\MechJeb2.dll   <--- Looks like a weird structure if you are saying steam.

Edited by Bornholio

1 hour ago, Bornholio said:

On to silly problem and questions/answer time.  If you have multiple installs, are you using a link to the correct one, if CKAN, is it looking at the correct install.  Assuming Steam, are you using steam or a direct run link if not running via CKAN.   If installing via CKAN are you sure that KSP is terminated (not running) when CKAN installs it.?  If your manually installing it do you have Write permission on the folder?  Does CKAN have write permission on folder.  Is CKAN looking at the correct install?

\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MechJeb2\Plugins\MechJeb2.dll  <install in a normal steam tree.

\Users\Jono\Desktop\Games\Kerbal Space Program\Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2\GameData\MechJeb2\Plugins\MechJeb2.dll   <--- Looks like a weird structure if you are saying steam.

I dont use CKAN, this is all manual. 

I have a completely separate game from steam. I basically copied the one from steam inside programfiles (x86) folder onto my desktop. 

And what do you mean by "write permission"

Edited by secretly_asian

1 hour ago, secretly_asian said:

And what do you mean by "write permission"

Depending on windows version you may either have full control pf permissions or just have generic admin/user permissions.  i don't think its that because your logs are saying that the textures and other components are being written.

When you run the game where do you run it from? Steam? KSP64.exe or shortcut.  If steam, then it may have made a second copy in you original installation location. A shortcut may be pointing at a second install also, specifically Steams Icon/shortcut will point at wherever steam thinks the game currently is.  If you copy/pasted or moved the install it still thinks its in the \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\  location.

I find using CKAN to mod and run KSP works very well.  You can still mod it manually but it takes a lot of the hassle and upgrade problems away.

With CKAN just press the launch KSP button.  You can also modify the run command from the Settings-->KSP Command Line function. Note that CKAN will autodetect  (AD) previous mods installed and ignore them. May need to manually remove them to have CKAN manage them unless you start with a fresh install.

Edited by Bornholio

Depending on windows version you may either have full control pf permissions or just have generic admin/user permissions.  i don't think its that because your logs are saying that the textures and other components are being written.

When you run the game where do you run it from? Steam? KSP64.exe or shortcut.  If steam, then it may have made a second copy in you original installation location. A shortcut may be pointing at a second install also, specifically Steams Icon/shortcut will point at wherever steam thinks the game currently is.  If you copy/pasted or moved the install it still thinks its in the \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\  location.

I find using CKAN to mod and run KSP works very well.  You can still mod it manually but it takes a lot of the hassle and upgrade problems away.

I originally ran it by ksp64.exe completely outside of steam. However, i'm giving ckan a whack with it running with steam. we'll see where it goes.

Nope. I installed via ckan and mechjeb still does not appear

5 minutes ago, secretly_asian said:

Nope. I installed via ckan and mechjeb still does not appear

Wait... do you have a mechjeb module on the vehicle??? Nothing works or appears until you have that module. (I know this sounds like a basic question.. but just trying to be helpful.) To check, go to sandbox, select a command module, then attach a mechjeb module (looks like a little walkie-talkie). Then look to the top of the screen for a mechjeb menu that will appear.

1 hour ago, ansaman said:

Wait... do you have a mechjeb module on the vehicle??? Nothing works or appears until you have that module. (I know this sounds like a basic question.. but just trying to be helpful.) To check, go to sandbox, select a command module, then attach a mechjeb module (looks like a little walkie-talkie). Then look to the top of the screen for a mechjeb menu that will appear.

None of the mechjeb parts are there, the game literally cannot see it 

Just now, secretly_asian said:

None of the mechjeb parts are there, the game literally cannot see it 

At this point, I would do a clean install of KSP. Then add mechjeb to that install. But that is just a suggestion. I wish someone could look over your shoulder. This is probably a simple problem.

1 hour ago, ansaman said:

At this point, I would do a clean install of KSP. Then add mechjeb to that install. But that is just a suggestion. I wish someone could look over your shoulder. This is probably a simple problem.

I installed mechjeb for everyone and suddenly it works. But in sandbox mode without MJ4Everyone there were no MJ parts, at all. This is weird. Thanks for the suggestions!

34 minutes ago, KingPhantom said:

hmmm... i have just flag mods... so it has to be MJ. if i remove it it works.

Groovy. Upload your logs if you want an actual answer to the problem. There's a reason you're seeing a problem where others aren't, but that can't be determined until you provide more information as requested.

On 25/02/2017 at 10:10 PM, brygun said:

how does one edit the turn end altitude?

Did you see anything in the OP or the thread that would make you think any version of Mechjeb should work with the 1.3 pre release ?

• 4 weeks later...