[1.12.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.14.3] [4th March 2023]

sarbian

Some of MJ's modes, such as Launch to Rendezvous, adapt based on prior attempts.  If I've landed the same ship on the same planet repeatedly shouldn't Mechjeb be able to improve my CCIP estimate?

Edited by Capt. Hunt

Im sure this has been asked before but is there a way to activate all of the mechjeb parts in career mode without having to purchase those techs from the tech tree? I found something from another (old) thread and tried that but it doesn't work.

Also, is there a way to have Mechjeb always active without having to install the physical part onto the spacecraft?  

10 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

Im sure this has been asked before but is there a way to activate all of the mechjeb parts in career mode without having to purchase those techs from the tech tree? I found something from another (old) thread and tried that but it doesn't work.

Also, is there a way to have Mechjeb always active without having to install the physical part onto the spacecraft?  

Your second question is easy:

1 hour ago, Voodoo8648 said:

This MM config should give MechJeb to all command pods with all features enabled at start.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]:Final
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = MechJebCore
        MechJebLocalSettings {
            MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleSmartASS { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleNodeEditor { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleTranslatron { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleWarpHelper { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleThrustWindow { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleRoverWindow { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
            MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { unlockTechs = start }
        }
    }
}

Ok, I installed the  Mechjeb and Engineering For All mod and it's kinda works. I only see a few basic Mechjeb windows like Delta-V and orbit info, Surface info... But I'm missing Ascent guidance and Maneuver planner and others..

Do I have to unlock the more advanced MJ windows by upgrading the VAB or something?

@Loren Pechtel @cake>pie 

1 hour ago, Voodoo8648 said:

Ok, I installed the  Mechjeb and Engineering For All mod and it's kinda works. I only see a few basic Mechjeb windows like Delta-V and orbit info, Surface info... But I'm missing Ascent guidance and Maneuver planner and others..

Do I have to unlock the more advanced MJ windows by upgrading the VAB or something?

@Loren Pechtel @cake>pie 

You unlock more advanced functions progressing throught the tech tree.

2 hours ago, Voodoo8648 said:

@Loren Pechtel @cake>pie 

Ascent (and landing) guidance is on Unmanned Tech, a 300-point tech.  Rendezvous is on the node beyond that.

I'm not sure where the maneuver planner is hiding.

3 minutes ago, Loren Pechtel said:

Ascent (and landing) guidance is on Unmanned Tech, a 300-point tech.  Rendezvous is on the node beyond that.

I'm not sure where the maneuver planner is hiding.

IIRC.... regardless of what tech node the maneuver planner is unlocked in, it depends on the tracking station being upgraded to particular level. And I think it was because of technical dependencies where the nodes that it requires just aren't exposed in the code until the tracking station is upgraded.

How do you unlock all the MJ windows without having to upgrade the techs in the tech trees? The above suggestion editing the .cfg file did not work.. I changed all to "start" but the MJ windows are not there

Edited by Voodoo8648

3 hours ago, oliezekat said:

I don't like windows transparency and MechJeb2-2.6.0.0-695 no longer purpose KSP GUI skin (only MechJeb 1 GUI skin). Please restore the old skin, or purpose a default setting to apply Overlay to any MJ windows (not only Custom Windows).

I believe you can adjust the transparency in the settings somewhere. I made mine totally clear, so I assume you could make it go the other way.

6 hours ago, oliezekat said:

I don't like windows transparency and MechJeb2-2.6.0.0-695 no longer purpose KSP GUI skin (only MechJeb 1 GUI skin). Please restore the old skin, or purpose a default setting to apply Overlay to any MJ windows (not only Custom Windows).

The old skin is still here. I did not remove anything. And I don't like bold sentences.

3 minutes ago, Red Shirt said:

I am probably just not seeing how to adjust this but on launch the craft always rotates 90 degree clockwise. How do I stop this from happening. 

Click on Force Roll in the Ascent Guidance window and set both values to 90 to not rotate at all.

2 hours ago, Red Shirt said:

I am probably just not seeing how to adjust this but on launch the craft always rotates 90 degree clockwise. How do I stop this from happening. 

2 hours ago, maja said:

Click on Force Roll in the Ascent Guidance window and set both values to 90 to not rotate at all.

Or... you know... rotate the craft 90 degrees in the VAB....

Edited by Starwaster

1 hour ago, Starwaster said:

That's another option. I think, it's the matter of personal preference, how you build and fly your crafts :)

5 hours ago, Starwaster said:

I swear I've tried this with force roll on and again with it off, and the craft still rotated. I accept I'm probably doing something else wrong as it apparently works for others.

What finally did work for me was setting both values to 180. 

I just gave up on figuring out what it thinks it wants to do.  Make the rocket right and I don't worry about it.  Just want a [ (o) don't roll ] radio button.  <---Feature request!

Edited by Bornholio

20 hours ago, sarbian said:

The old skin is still here. I did not remove anything. And I don't like bold sentences.

Hi,

I feel my game (and downloaded setup file) is corrupted :o(

Console display this error bellow each time I click the setting's button to change skin :

[EXC 06:40:59.861] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    AssetBase.GetGUISkin (System.String skinName)
    MuMech.GuiUtils.LoadSkin (SkinType skinType)
    MuMech.MechJebModuleSettings.WindowGUI (Int32 windowID)
    MuMech.DisplayModule.ProfiledWindowGUI (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

I tried fresh install without others mods. I need several hours to download the game (with my poor low bandwith)...

So stranger the game seem fine for another ways, and anothers mods apply same feature to change their windows skin without error (as example: ShipManifest option work fine).

2 hours ago, oliezekat said:

Hi,

I feel my game (and downloaded setup file) is corrupted :o(

Console display this error bellow each time I click the setting's button to change skin :

[EXC 06:40:59.861] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    AssetBase.GetGUISkin (System.String skinName)
    MuMech.GuiUtils.LoadSkin (SkinType skinType)
    MuMech.MechJebModuleSettings.WindowGUI (Int32 windowID)
    MuMech.DisplayModule.ProfiledWindowGUI (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

I tried fresh install without others mods. I need several hours to download the game (with my poor low bandwith)...

So stranger the game seem fine for another ways, and anothers mods apply same feature to change their windows skin without error (as example: ShipManifest option work fine).

Put the full log somewhere.

Hi since I had to do a log anyways and I have a mj problem I want to ask for help:

It won't save my custom windows, they just disapear after a scene change. I'll revert to the dev version when I play next time that seemed to work last time.

But I would like to know why it did it and if it was my fault.

Here is my log:

https://github.com/maculator/Crafts/blob/master/log

Anyways I gave the scripting module aquick test and its amazing! Really fun to play arround with. And the Flight recorder is also awsome but here is another question: does it save my marks or a log somewhere? That would be interresting.

And back to the script module: A small suggestion. Maybe make the scripts nameable and save them globaly instead on a per vessel base? And is there a way to target anything else then a body?

And a final bug(?) to finish my comment: If I use any module (ascent, maneuver etc.) and I'm inpacient and set a target while mj burns for the maneuver he gets mad and just goes fullthrottle and wont stop.

Thanks for this great mod.

cheers