[1.12.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.14.3] [4th March 2023]

sarbian

31 minutes ago, Kampfsanni said:

No, the dev build is shown as only compatible for 1.3.0, so you have to set the Compatible KSP Versions on CKAN to 1.3 under Settings , or it will not show up.

This is true.  I'd forgotten I'd done that too.

Hey, it's official release time! After I merged I noticed that the last one was in May 2017. Way longer ago than I thought. This new release had a lot of code by contributors that deserve a lot of thanks for their work. Unfortunately I don't know most of their handle on the forum... (beside @Jim DiGriz ) so say hi if you wrote something

The changelog was really long but the main changes should be :

• New launch profiles selection, including one that is the classic "KSP ascent", a "PEG" clone for RSS and the classic MJ profile
  • Scripting module Update with new features (you ll have too look)
  • New spaceplane landing AP
  • A rework of the advanced transfer code
  • A lot of FuelSim (dV) fix
  • Better FAR integration
  • A bunch of fix and UI improvement

Hopefully I did not forget anything important...

MechJeb2-2.7.0.0.zip

Edited by sarbian

2 hours ago, sarbian said:

Hey, it's official release time! After I merged I noticed that the last one was in May 2017. Way longer ago than I thought. This new release had a lot of code by contributors that deserve a lot of thanks for their work. Unfortunately I don't know most of their handle on the forum... (beside @Jim DiGriz ) so say hi if you wrote something

The changelog was really long but the main changes should be :

• New launch profiles selection, including one that is the classic "KSP ascent", a "PEG" clone for RSS and the classic MJ profile
  • Scripting module Update with new features (you ll have too look)
  • New spaceplane landing AP
  • A rework of the advanced transfer code
  • A lot of FuelSim (dV) fix
  • Better FAR integration
  • A bunch of fix and UI improvement

Hopefully I did not forget anything important...

MechJeb2-2.7.0.0.zip

Many thanks as ever, Sarbian, particularly for the fuelsim fixes!

7 hours ago, Gobukiller said:

So... just testing out the spaceplane landing guidance, and it seems to really like crashing into the ocean...

It's MJ. Crashing is part of the whole package.

14 minutes ago, DJ Reonic said:

Is there a way for MJ to handle ullage, i.e. with Real Fuels? I want to be able to have MJ handle stuff, but not have to ullage manually before each burn. I know it will use RCS if the engine is offline, but will it automate ullage?

Open the "Utilities"  window and check "Use RCS to ullage"

Edit: You may need to use a recent "MJ for RO" version ( https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-RO/ ). Those are build of the last MJ dev but for KSP 1.2.x

Edited by sarbian

Open the "Utilities"  window and check "Use RCS to ullage"

Edit: You may need to use a recent "MJ for RO" version ( https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-RO/ ). Those are build of the last MJ dev but for KSP 1.2.x

Any plans on putting the RCS Ullage thing in the main MechJeb mod? (I am unable to run KSP right now, so I haven't checked if it already is.)

Edited by DJ Reonic

1 hour ago, DJ Reonic said:

Any plans on putting the RCS Ullage thing in the main MechJeb mod? (I am unable to run KSP right now, so I haven't checked if it already is.)

It is in the main Mechjeb Mod... But since RO currently run with KSP 1.2 then you need a different MJ build.

On 1/9/2018 at 7:23 AM, DJ Reonic said:

Is there a way for MJ to handle ullage, i.e. with Real Fuels? I want to be able to have MJ handle stuff, but not have to ullage manually before each burn. I know it will use RCS if the engine is offline, but will it automate ullage?

Yeah there's "prevent unstable ignitions" and "use RCS to ullage".

"use RCS to ullage" is pretty much perfectly safe to leave engaged all the time AFAIK.  if you've got RCS, it'll then enable RCS and ullage up the engine before igniting it automatically.

The "prevent unstable ignitions" one is a little bit trickier, since if you're playing with sounding rockets you may want to uncheck this one.  With sounding rockets you can't ever ullage the sounding rocket back up, so preventing an ignition only makes certain that the upper stage will never ignite.  If the upper stage ignition is in 'risky' status then you might get away with it.  If you have "prevent unstable ignitions" checked then that will prevent the throttle up and you'll definitely waste the upper stage.  Conceivably it could interact poorly with hot-staging as well.

33 minutes ago, Nicias said:

I've had trouble with where Advanced Transfer. I want to use it to plot an intercept from, for instance, Laythe to a station in orbit around Jool and I consistently get the error. "Ejection Optimization failed, try manual  selection."

I don't know how to fix that bug.  It tells you the work around though, manually select different points on the porkchop plot until you find one that works.

SO I have upgrade to this version and I have noticed a big change in the ability to perform Rendezvous activities.  What I mean is that the space craft becomes extremely unstable (on autopilot) as it nears the end of a burn.  So as the velocity meter on the right of the nav ball nears the end (bottom) of the bar the blue maneuver node shown on the nav ball starts to go all over the place and my space craft then chases it and it starts to flip and turn.  At first I though it was because I was top heavy in my design, but then I tested it with a rocket design that work perfectly two days prior to me upgrading.  I am wonder if anyone has had the same issues and has an idea on how to fix.

Thank You 

3 hours ago, obrien979 said:

SO I have upgrade to this version and I have noticed a big change in the ability to perform Rendezvous activities.  What I mean is that the space craft becomes extremely unstable (on autopilot) as it nears the end of a burn.  So as the velocity meter on the right of the nav ball nears the end (bottom) of the bar the blue maneuver node shown on the nav ball starts to go all over the place and my space craft then chases it and it starts to flip and turn.  At first I though it was because I was top heavy in my design, but then I tested it with a rocket design that work perfectly two days prior to me upgrading.  I am wonder if anyone has had the same issues and has an idea on how to fix.

Thank You 

Hi obrien979,

I had that problem before and adjusted my speed limit to 0.5 m/s. Also, I used my main engines to go to the "correct side" of the vessel instead of just using RCS. Hope this helps you somehow. =)

Regards =)