[1.12.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.14.3] [4th March 2023]

sarbian

On 3/29/2018 at 10:41 AM, Gotmachine said:

The problem is in the stock MOI calculations that gets wrong when the control part isn't the default one, see the comments in the KOS source : https://github.com/KSP-KOS/KOS/blob/develop/src/kOS/Control/SteeringManager.cs#L632

I tried rebuilding Mechjeb replacing all stock MOI calls to the custom code from KOS, this completely fixes the issue (that I can confirm) described by @Starwaster :

From the old bug I submitted against KSP it looks like this bug is getting actively worked on.

Hey!

So, I'm using MJ and recovery stage. Is there a way to get MJ to consider speeds so parachutes don't get destroyed on staging? I used the Ascent Guidance and I also tried "Prevent overheating" but that didn't do the trick.

Also, I saw that you can set inclanation which is awesome, but is there a way to use mechjeb to make an adjustment to "Longitude of Ascending Node" 

Many thanks ! - Schmelge

14 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Has anybody ever really used that goofy/scary looking command pod?  Ya know, that one that looks like the evil older Cousin to Glados (Portal)?  I've been playing with MJ for half a decade now, and I still haven't built anything with it.    :D

I used to use it, but it has been Deprecated: changes to KSP have caused serious problems with its built-in landing legs, so ships using it will undergo RUD the moment they go to the launch pad! Because of this, the pod no longer appears in the parts list - it is still in the MOD so you can load old ships that used the part in order to remove it and replace it.

IIRC, Sarbian can't fix the problem because the designer has gone AWOL and the source files aren't available.

26 minutes ago, softweir said:

I used to use it, but it has been Deprecated: changes to KSP have caused serious problems with its built-in landing legs, so ships using it will undergo RUD the moment they go to the launch pad! 

Well, not to be *that guy* but changes to 1.4.2 have caused problems with the LT-1 and LT-2 landing legs causing them to RUD on the launch pad too. I have video proof. :P 

But anyway, I never used the pod and now that you mention it, I certainly haven't seen it in the VAB parts list in a good while. 

2 minutes ago, El Sancho said:

What the heck is RUD?

Old rocketry/aerospace term: Rapid Unplanned Disassembly. Engineers love our TLA's (Three-Letter Acronyms :wink: ).

See, e.g., below:

P.S. The underlined word in the post is the forum software's auto-generated indicator for common acronyms. If you mouse-over it, you'll see a tool-tip with the definition.

The space core lives!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1351771501

Well, the RCS animation is broken and Squad radically ovecomplexfied the landing gear module, but otherwise the little guy is alive and healthy... threw together a marginally stable rocket and gave him a ride over to the mun, seems happy, despite being on his side with no comms back to base... 

6 hours ago, El Sancho said:

What the heck is RUD?

Oddly enough, your own post answers that question.

The forum's auto context thingy will explain certain acronyms if you mouse over them.   RUD is one of them. 

I realize this has probably been discussed to death, but I've searched the Forum and found little information.

To wit:

Is there a manual for how to use the Mechjeb Scripting Module?

The main Manual (linked from page 1 of this forum area) points to the Mechjeb Wiki, which doesn't seem to mention scripting at all.

4 hours ago, FloppyRocket said:

I realize this has probably been discussed to death, but I've searched the Forum and found little information.

To wit:

The main Manual (linked from page 1 of this forum area) points to the Mechjeb Wiki, which doesn't seem to mention scripting at all.

There's a dedicated scripting thread, even if it's quite old, but maybe you can find som clues as how to get started -

4 hours ago, FloppyRocket said:

To wit:

Would have been amazing if someday someone that knows alot about mechjeb could take the time to fully update the wiki. It's a shame that such a huge mod with so many settings have such an inadequate wiki

13 hours ago, Cratzz said:

There's a dedicated scripting thread, even if it's quite old, but maybe you can find som clues as how to get started -

Thanks!

13 hours ago, Schmelge said:

Would have been amazing if someday someone that knows alot about mechjeb could take the time to fully update the wiki. It's a shame that such a huge mod with so many settings have such an inadequate wiki

Indeed. I can contribute some effort there once I accumulate some more knowledge.

2 hours ago, Burning Kan said:

@FloppyRocket here ya go:

@Schmelge For they the dont like to read to much like me:

so guys hope it helps)

peace

ps thx scott manley(sec. vid)

Thanks much!

8 hours ago, Burning Kan said:

@FloppyRocket here ya go:

@Schmelge For they the dont like to read to much like me:

so guys hope it helps)

peace

ps thx scott manley(sec. vid)

Note: there's nothing in the 2nd video (from Scott Manley) about Scripting, though it does run through early MJ 2 fairly thoroughly.

Edited by FloppyRocket

11 hours ago, Burning Kan said:

the sec was for that cool swedish kerboneer

read between the lines  videos

when u diggin on YT playlist from first VID then... wait i will do it for u

here u go a newer one:

happy scriptin

btw much much thx @sarbian for this magnifique mod

and @SPD13for the scripting part

and the hole community

Thanks again!

3 hours ago, FloppyRocket said:

Thanks again!

I'm really looking for more of a tutorial, rather than a demo about how cool it is. The scripting user interface is a little non-intuitive, and I didn't get much information from the demo video.

I'll give the earlier video another watch and see if I can turn it into some written notes.

Are there any pure tutorials around for the scripting module?

Edited by FloppyRocket

PUH?

AFAIK u got 2 problems:

1)when u switch a vessel in flight the physik-range is important and between few kilometer /miles, all vessels outside these physicbubble are on rails(low physic-no mechjeb) (and ksp dont handle that for good[performance]reasons)

to simulate the other vessel-simultaniasly

2)and dont know if mechjeb is in these calculations or just on the active one

got 2 solutions:

1)physic range extender-maybe it work ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/158344-ksp-14-physics-range-extender-v160-11-mar-2018/

ONE of THESE:

mod make a percistent save while switching and u can flight it from the point u switched the vessel

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/78226-14-stagerecovery-recover-funds-from-dropped-stages-v180-march-11-2018/

OR this BUT ITS NOT READY YET-SO DO NOT PESTER!

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/157214-131-flight-manager-for-reusable-stages-fmrs-now-with-recoverycontroller-integration/&page=10

but i think-u knowa this, give him time he handle over130mods man:wink:

hope it helps-much luck

peace

On 4/8/2018 at 8:57 AM, Burning Kan said:

PUH?

AFAIK u got 2 problems:

1)when u switch a vessel in flight the physik-range is important and between few kilometer /miles, all vessels outside these physicbubble are on rails(low physic-no mechjeb) (and ksp dont handle that for good[performance]reasons)

to simulate the other vessel-simultaniasly

2)and dont know if mechjeb is in these calculations or just on the active one

got 2 solutions:

1)physic range extender-maybe it work ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/158344-ksp-14-physics-range-extender-v160-11-mar-2018/

ONE of THESE:

mod make a percistent save while switching and u can flight it from the point u switched the vessel

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/78226-14-stagerecovery-recover-funds-from-dropped-stages-v180-march-11-2018/

OR this BUT ITS NOT READY YET-SO DO NOT PESTER!

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/157214-131-flight-manager-for-reusable-stages-fmrs-now-with-recoverycontroller-integration/&page=10

but i think-u knowa this, give him time he handle over130mods man:wink:

hope it helps-much luck

peace

Thanks for the info, Ill just wait for FMRS to update. I normally use it for this anyway.

Using latest dev version 795

I have a small problem that has developed for some reason, all my crafts will not land. as soon as I engage (auto) land somewhere, it just hovers at the altitude of engagement. Anyone experience this or know what my problem could be. Maybe I messed up a setting somewhere? I had these landing really good at one time.