[1.12.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.14.3] [4th March 2023]

sarbian

On 9/9/2018 at 2:29 AM, sarbian said:

I guess I'll have to revert some of the landing AP recent changes. I'll try to find some time this week...

+1 there were actually some odd bits of code in that PR, i just couldn't figure out what the edge conditions might be

@sarbian I tried using the rover autopilot function but it doesn't want to hold heading in 1.4.5 or follow waypoints. Rover wheels aren't turning.

I know there is bon voyage but I like this one better. I'm not sure about other version but I just wanted to let you know.

edit: actually it doesn't work at all or it's completely bugged. It gives me power and then accelerates but after several seconds it stop doing so.

Edited by Aeroboi

Hey there!

Don't know really where I have to post it but it's devinitiv do something to mechjeb. So I post here my first little question:

I have a little bit trouble with mechjeb and remote-tech in 1.2.2 RSS/RO(/RP0)-install. And I asked myself if it is a common problem and maybe a simple solution for this since I had seen nathankell had the same bug in his 1.1. Install on one of his tutorials.  

Simply, when I install mechjeb I have full control over every probe - ever. Even with no signal or with insufficient control point. I noticed it first in my RP-0 install. Thoght it was something with RP. But there was other issues too. I get a outputlog-error on every game. But it run just fine and I exit it just normal. In the logs I had seen a error with mono.dll. To see where the error happens I did a fresh install following instructions. 

For short to verify and maybe redo: (always latest version with just hard depencies for 1.2.2. I started KSP once into new sandbox on every master point (+) to verify good installation of each)

+KSP 1.2.2 

+RSS/ RSSVE (+ModuleManager 2.7.6)

+RO including VenStockRevamp, ScanSat and remotetech

Test at this point: all nominal. No control when signal lost

+Install mechjeb (2.6.0.0-698): full control even without signal. Full attitude and throttle via mechjeb-comp and manuel keypress. With or without RSS/RO-handling on. Tryed it out with and without CustomBarnCit. 

Any solutions? If this is not as simple to solve I will do a full, precise overview over my installed versions and upload the logs. But maybe there is a checkbutton I never found ;) On the new install I have know even RP-0 and after a few tests it seems to be all fine except mechjeb. And I feel like I cheat about this but with no mechjeb it will be unplayable to me. :))

Thanks a lot!

Edited by Interstate
MM version

@Aeroboi I've never had a problem with the Rover autopilot. I just verified it with a rover on the Mun on 1.4.5 with 2.7.3.0-801 of Mechjeb installed through CKAN and it's still working fine: Speed Control/Heading Control/Waypoints all worked like I expected.

What version of Mechjeb2? Got a picture of your rover? Is it using stock or modded wheels? Got a log file? Do you have power on the rover? Or, maybe a USI-MKS Ground Tether enabled?

On 9/15/2018 at 5:09 PM, sarbian said:

I just did a quick test and it seems to work fine. Here is the script I used 

w3iesIf.png

Thank you Sarbian for your response. This is exactly whay I did and for my vessel problem is still present. When I use module Smart A.S.S. manually it works smooth as I would like. I think problem is with multitple triggering of this module, instead dynamicly change parameters of one working module. Eventually i coded this with succes in kOS (had similar problem there, but kOS provides a way to dynamicaly change input parameters for running autopilot by scripting).

Anyway Mechjeb is still must have for me :), but now together with kOS.

Is there way to set a scripting module to occur when attitude has reached a certain point? What I'm trying to do is have it pitch to 85 degrees, then follow SVEL+ until reaching 45 degrees of pitch, then hold that. Can this be done in the scripting module?

6 hours ago, dlrk said:

Is there way to set a scripting module to occur when attitude has reached a certain point? What I'm trying to do is have it pitch to 85 degrees, then follow SVEL+ until reaching 45 degrees of pitch, then hold that. Can this be done in the scripting module?

That exactly what the screenshot in the previous post does :). Use the "wait for" action and set it to "Altitude" "Greater Than"

10 hours ago, kojot said:

Thank you Sarbian for your response. This is exactly whay I did and for my vessel problem is still present.

Hum... It may be that your vessel is less stable than the one I used to test. If your vessel is a stock one could you share it so I can test with it ?

Thanks @Starwaster and @Sarbian. Yep, I want to trigger an action on aTTitude. Specifically: have it pitch to 85 degrees, then follow SVEL+ until reaching 45 degrees of pitch, then hold that.

Man, ya guy's make me feel young (24 lol!)

On 9/18/2018 at 9:57 AM, sarbian said:

Hum... It may be that your vessel is less stable than the one I used to test. If your vessel is a stock one could you share it so I can test with it ?

My Vessel is at Steam Workshop : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1458309745 , low TWR and low lift force.

Ascent curve which I succeded to code in kOS is logically exppresed as:

PITCH = (-0.000000029652 * ALTITUDE ^ 2 + 0.001033728688 * ALTITUDE + 11)

IF PITCH > 20 OR ALTITUDE > 18000 THEN PITCH = 20

In kOS target pitch is calculated for each physics tick based on current altitude, resulting in very smooth ascent which I was looking for.

From my point of view it would be cool to have some spaceplane ascent guidance in MJ which would provide some tool to create such curves based on input parameters and execute them (maybe even with inclusion of change from jet to rocket mode (RAPIERS) and/or nuclear (NERVS) with circularization in the end). 

EDIT: it is stock.

Edited by kojot

On 9/18/2018 at 10:16 AM, Brigadier said:

No question about it...you are young (58+).:P

Yup (66). Hey my youngest kid (27) has @Dlrk beat. :-) (Edited. Speaking of old eyes, I guess that second letter in dlrk is an l instead of an i. Probably my brain tried to make it a familiar name.)

Edited by rmaine

19 hours ago, rmaine said:

Edited. Speaking of old eyes, I guess that second letter in dlrk is an l instead of an i. Probably my brain tried to make it a familiar name.)

It's my real name and an old screen name smashed together, lol.

I've been looking for documentation for this, and if there is some I apologize in advance.  

How do I translate the LAN from say 352 deg.  to a format that I can input into MechJeb's Change Longitude of Ascending Node interface?  It's asking for deg. min. sec. in a specific direction, but my contracts usually just say i.e. 352 deg.

Thanks

FYI, the Online Manual button in the MechJeb interface now leads not to an online manual but to something called "SecuryBrowse", which wants you to install its extension to Chrome and let it turn into your default browser, which then gives garbage results.

I suspect that the domain registration has lapsed and been scooped up by some shady company.