[1.12.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.14.3] [4th March 2023]

sarbian

9 hours ago, vardicd said:

Can you please share the specific changes you made? my own efforts have not yielded results. would appreciate it.

mass = 0.0101
	thermalMassModifier = 1
	skinThermalMassModifier = 1
    dragModelType = default
    maximum_drag = 0.2
    minimum_drag = 0.2
    angularDrag = 1
    crashTolerance = 6
    maxTemp = 1900

I did this, I'm not sure if changing the mass did anything, and if maxTemp isn't too low for regular uses (I don't know how much heat eg Mk1 capsule can take, and if it can shield the AR202 if placed correctly, so that was just a guess) Also I have no idea what exactly most of these lines mean, besides maybe crash tolerance and drag, so there is that.

However, these are copied few times in the config, for different iterations of MJ module (as it gets upgraded in R&D) so make sure you change all of them.

2 hours ago, Kuszotke said:

It sure as hell is worth it though.

Perhaps, but it's a matter of priority. I'm sure the mod author/maintainer has a great many demands on their time, and when it comes to choosing between fixing a system that works, if somewhat inaccurately, or something that is completely broken, or never worked at all. It becomes pretty obvious that the working if inaccurate landing system is the lower priority.

However, if you'd like to take the time to sit down, re-write the code and get the system working with 100% accuracy, and be certain it generates no bugs or broken features, and then submit it to the mod author/maintainer, I'm sure he'd be happy to include your fix in the next version of the mod. Otherwise, I'm afraid you'll just have to wait for him/her to get around to it eventually.

3 hours ago, The Aziz said:

mass = 0.0101
	thermalMassModifier = 1
	skinThermalMassModifier = 1
    dragModelType = default
    maximum_drag = 0.2
    minimum_drag = 0.2
    angularDrag = 1
    crashTolerance = 6
    maxTemp = 1900

I did this, I'm not sure if changing the mass did anything, and if maxTemp isn't too low for regular uses (I don't know how much heat eg Mk1 capsule can take, and if it can shield the AR202 if placed correctly, so that was just a guess) Also I have no idea what exactly most of these lines mean, besides maybe crash tolerance and drag, so there is that.

However, these are copied few times in the config, for different iterations of MJ module (as it gets upgraded in R&D) so make sure you change all of them.

Thank you.

15 hours ago, Alexoff said:

Why mechjeb tries to rotate my ship during ascending, when I turned off "force roll"? How can I stop it from rotating?

If you're going due east and don't rotate command pod in the VAB, then turn on "force roll" and set both values to 90°.

47 minutes ago, Kuszotke said:

I'd call that response at least disappointing.

Shame that the landing autopilot won't be improved.

Come on dude, there is no reason for the attitude you seem to be throwing at Sarbian. This is not his job, he doesn't get paid for this. this is something he does in his spare time, on top of what ever full time job he has, his own family time, and the fact that he's maintaining, what 10 mods now? He doesn't have the time to drop everything and change a chunk of code every time a forum user doesn't like the way some part of one of his mods works. He's under no obligation to provide you with the mod you want. It's like throwing a tantrum on Christmas because you didn't get the toy you wanted. He's given you an amazing mod that does wonderful things. If you want it to work better, learn to read/write code, and help sarbian make it better, or just before that final breaking burn that MJ always messes up, turn it off, do the burn yourself. turn it back on once your in the final descent and let it do the landing burn for you. Look at it as a teaching tool to make you a better pilot so you don't even need MJ anymore. that's what I did. I still have MJ installed, but I barely use it, other than the Smart A.S.S. system to hold a heading and pitch in flight [mostly in airplanes on long flights} when I need an autopilot so I can step away from my PC or when I need to make super accurate burns and human fingers just aren't precise enough. I do my own landings now, dropped a science probe on the VAB roof from a 250KM orbit over Kerbin just a few hours ago. Hostile or ungrateful forum users have cost us great modders and great mods that have been lost to history. You've been given a free, amazing gift. Use it, enjoy it what works correctly, and learn to work around it's flaws [as you see them] Show sarbian and all the other great people on here some gratitude for their work, and the great mod gifts they've given you and this community. They aren't obligated to do so, and could leave, and take their mods with them at anytime.

2 hours ago, serdarilban said:

mechjeb tab doesn't appear in the game. I have the version 2.7.0. can someone help me please..

On ‎11‎.‎1‎.‎2017 at 1:49 PM, sarbian said:

No logs => No support. If you can not find the time to provide the info I need to diagnose your problem do not expect I will find the time to reply to your post.

On 2/4/2018 at 3:45 PM, aluc24 said:

@sarbian , after the last big update (2.7.0), I can't seem to get the Maneuver Planner - Advanced Transfer to Another Planet to work with targeted asteroids. The porkchop plots, the limited time option also seems to be working, but when I press "create node", it says "Ejection Optimization failed; try manual selection". Not sure what "manual selection" means here. Never had this problem with the previous Mechjeb version.

Not including log, because I don't think it would be relevant in this case... Savegame is pretty heavily modded. Somehow I suspect you would be able to re-create it in vanilla too. But if you need anything from me, let me know.

The problem there is that the PatchedConics API has changed in KSP and there's no public information on how to use it correctly.  MechJeb was the best documentation on how it worked, but it changed.

I can see some clear cases where what is going on is that the advanced transfer planner is missing an interaction with the Mun/Minmus/Moon on the way out of the system (will also affect coming back from Jool and its moon, etc) and sometimes it still does succeed, but the maneuver node which is picked by the transfer planner then shows the correct outgoing interaction with the moon and the planned transfer is off.  Other times it seems to just bork the transfer planner completely.  I have no idea how to fix without being able to look at the KSP sources or without a massive effort in disassembling the call sequence that the maneuver nodes actually use.

The result is that you have to hunt around when it throws that error.  It can help to draw a square on the transfer planner and magnity the low-cost section you actually care about and then hunt around in there.  Try other transfer windows.  Try ticking or not ticking the box to include the capture burn and see if you can hunt around and find a decent transfer window that way.

11 hours ago, Jim DiGriz said:

The problem there is that the PatchedConics API has changed in KSP and there's no public information on how to use it correctly.

Can I get a bit more info on the problem ? Is it that 2 test with PatchedConics and the same param gives different answers ?