[1.12.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.14.3] [4th March 2023]

sarbian

Build 831 now includes "MechJebForAll" style functionality by default.  To override it and go back to *having* to use the mechjeb command pod, create the empty directory GameData/MechJebUseCommandPod

https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-Dev/831/

(It also disables itself if RealismOverhaul/RP-0 are found in the install)

https://github.com/MuMech/MechJeb2/pull/1087

You'll need to have ModuleManager to have it work, and I think MM now needs to be added as a dep of MechJeb in CKAN.

I figured out what was the problem. Because there is no MechJeb for all mod was installed and MechJeb parts was missing (hidden). Actually I don't know why, but with Community Category Kit it showed up as other old Squad parts. So, it works fine. But I found two slight problems. First of all bi-elliptic transfer works not the way I expected just as Hohmans's transfer. And in A.S.S. there is oscillations around defined pitch angle in surface mod.

Edited by kremonia

buggy bi-impulsive / hohmann transfers i'm working on right now.

(should be fixed in latest dev release last night, although i think the simulated annealing code in the non-simple-coplanar solver still needs mathematical debugging -- but the periodOffset code that was buggy in both implementations is now fixed so the simple solver should be back to old behavior now)

Edited by Jim DiGriz

On 12/23/2018 at 10:36 PM, Jim DiGriz said:

Build 831 now includes "MechJebForAll" style functionality by default.  To override it and go back to *having* to use the mechjeb command pod, create the empty directory GameData/MechJebUseCommandPod

You'll need to have ModuleManager to have it work, and I think MM now needs to be added as a dep of MechJeb in CKAN.

I'm happy about having mechjeb getting integrated by default, but it doesn't work for me using the latest (#836) jenkins build.

Steps to reproduce:

• Install Mechjeb2 mod 2.8.1.0-836
  • Install Module Manager mod 3.1.2
  • Start new career mode game with extra starting science
  • Unlock the science to get mechjeb module
  • Open VAB and place a command pod
  • Expected result: Mechjeb window should show
  • Actual Result: No mechjeb window turns up
  • Extra step: Adding the mechjeb module to command pod shows the Mechjeb window as expected

On 12/24/2018 at 2:13 AM, Jim DiGriz said:

buggy bi-impulsive / hohmann transfers i'm working on right now.

(should be fixed in latest dev release last night, although i think the simulated annealing code in the non-simple-coplanar solver still needs mathematical debugging -- but the periodOffset code that was buggy in both implementations is now fixed so the simple solver should be back to old behavior now)

I was hoping 1130m/s burns from LKO to Minmus would be resolved by this, But it isn't. Did I miss a (new) setting somewhere?

Nevermind. It seems to work now..

Edited by 1of6Billion

16 hours ago, Jim DiGriz said:

Try removing your module manager cache files.

It didn't work, I also tried to remove everything from GameData and install it from scratch again and it still doesn't work. (Only MechJeb2, Squad, Squad Expansion and Modulemanager exists)

This is the science I opened before

4jUPrPH

Just the command pod

Oyhraq6

Command pod with the module attached.

z5sLkTr

Folder structure before starting KSP, when started it also creates some extra files.

SYdHX97

On 1/11/2017 at 4:49 AM, sarbian said:

[Entirety of thread OP quoted, snipped by moderator. No need to quote enormous passages, folks-- it just eats up everyone's screen real estate.]

Love the mod have it installed bye default. But BTW when I run the ascent program it launches like regular but then when I get to the upper parts of the stock atmosphere it shows reentry heat? Why is that it shouldn't be the problem.

Edited by Snark
Giant quote snipped by moderator

1 hour ago, Cloakedwand72 said:

Love the mod have it installed bye default. But BTW when I run the ascent program it launches like regular but then when I get to the upper parts of the stock atmosphere it shows reentry heat? Why is that it shouldn't be the problem.

That has nothing to do with MechJeb

9 hours ago, xng said:

It didn't work, I also tried to remove everything from GameData and install it from scratch again and it still doesn't work. (Only MechJeb2, Squad, Squad Expansion and Modulemanager exists)

Yeah looks like the cfg file isn't making it through jenkins to the zip file.  I have to do some spelunking.

EDIT: build 837 should fix it.

Edited by Jim DiGriz

On 12/23/2018 at 6:36 PM, Jim DiGriz said:

I'm confused; is it now necessary to use MM in order for MJ to work?

25 minutes ago, Kerbinidiel said:

with the latest release all cockpits and automated control parts have the mechjeb integrated...

is possible remove that feature and use the mechjeb only if the ship has the mechjeb module attached?

Hahahaha, oh god, the joys of software development. One group of users clamors for a given feature, you do the hard work to make it happen for them, and another group of users asks you to disable it. I'm not blaming anybody, or meaning to be disparaging anyone or their ideas, I'm just thinking what a thankless ****ing task it is developing software at all, let alone for free.

SMH

2 minutes ago, El Sancho said:

Hahahaha, oh god, the joys of software development. One group of users clamors for a given feature, you do the hard work to make it happen for them, and another group of users asks you to disable it.

One size doesn't fits all! :D 

It's the reason we have "Options" and "Preferences" on the Main Menu. :) 

On the other hand, you gave them too much options, and we have a new set of complains to handle. :P 

On 12/23/2018 at 3:36 PM, Jim DiGriz said:

Disabling the new functionality was the second post on this page.

1 hour ago, El Sancho said:

Hahahaha, oh god, the joys of software development. One group of users clamors for a given feature, you do the hard work to make it happen for them, and another group of users asks you to disable it. I'm not blaming anybody, or meaning to be disparaging anyone or their ideas, I'm just thinking what a thankless ****ing task it is developing software at all, let alone for free.

SMH

I'm grateful of the hard work of the modders... only, i play with a low-end pc and with all ships wth mechjeb my computer starts to scream...

41 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

Disabling the new functionality was the second post on this page.

thanks a lot... i will try it

i need only to create the empty folder? and magically the mechjebforall will be disabled?

Edited by Kerbinidiel