[1.12.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.14.3] [4th March 2023]

sarbian

15 hours ago, Mittrandir said:

Hi, I'm not aware if this is possible (I'm a newbie in moding KSP!), but it would be nice if one was able to specify the coordinates of any custom runway (as the ones in RO/RSS) to the aircraft approach and Autoland feature, directly via drop menus in MechJeb.  

There is a way to edit a custom file of landing sites. Sarbian explained it once, and I did it successfully, but now I cannot find the post...

Perhaps he will remind us.

**EDIT**

OK, I found it

On 3/14/2018 at 6:17 AM, sarbian said:

Get this file and put it somewhere in GameData. Edit it to add location, the format should be clear. Write your own file if you want to package it in a mod. MJ will load them all.

In the custom windows editor the misc category has a "Lat/Lon/Alt Copy to Clipboard" item you can use to copy in your clipboard your current position.

Edited by El Sancho

On 4/22/2018 at 11:47 AM, Swagger897 said:

unknown.png?width=1191&height=671

Just got finished with the 1.4.2 update and updated through CKAN. CKAN states current version is only 1.4 but I'm interested to see what others here are getting if they're on current version too. Once I get to the main screen and open my save I'm getting an #autolocXXXXXX error and game will CTD.

Bump. Does anyone know if there's a way to roll back to 1.4.1 until mechjeb is updated?

@Swagger897Latest dev build is #799: https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-Dev/

If you're brave you could also give this a try:
https://github.com/lamont-granquist/MechJeb2/releases
Latest release is 10 hours ago, for KSP 1.4.x, 1.3.x and 1.2.x
It's intended to be used for RSS/RO, but there is a build for KSP 1.4.x for whatever reason...

Edited by Gordon Dry

On 4/11/2018 at 3:10 PM, Gordon Dry said:

@OldMold

I guess the attitude settings worked better in earlier versions - let alone the fact that in earlier versions my latest settings have been stored, now they're always back to default no matter if I revert or had a successful mission.

This is for latest official rls for KSP 1.3.1 and KSP 1.4.2 and also the myhenry rls that I use now in RO/RSS.

I think it was over a year ago, so to KSP 1.2.2 times, that the attitude settings were stored and it also worked better fighting the wobble and roll.

On 4/13/2018 at 3:35 AM, OldMold said:

So my problem was that the rockets would start to "corkscrew" roll on ascent. @Gordon Dry helpfully pointed out that this is likely due to the PID settings in the attitude controller.

The PID (proportional–integral–derivative) controller settings are tunable, but require a level of calculus that exceeds my grasp (and my patience of trial and error fiddling), so I switched to a different default controller that MechJeb supports. You can find it through the "Attitude Adjustment" section of MechJeb, and switching it from the default "MJAttitudeController" to "HybridController". This worked for me beautifully, but of course your mileage may vary depending on your craft designs and/or mods that you have installed. Pic below:

VGuAu01l.jpg

Hope this helps!

Huge shout out for this.  I was struggling with some large rockets watching the controls never converging.  Changing to the hybrid setting made it work great.  I also agree that you want MJAttitudeController for spaceflight.

On 4/25/2018 at 3:48 AM, Swagger897 said:

Bump. Does anyone know if there's a way to roll back to 1.4.1 until mechjeb is updated?

Post a log because MJ is updated and it does not display that message on a clean 1.4.2

1 hour ago, ricardoguedes21 said:

How translate Mechjeb?

Esa es una pregunta muy buena. No se si existe un proyecto de traducir MechJeb al Castellano. Lamentablamente, no estoy calificado. Soy yanqui y el castellano es mi lengua segunda.

Afortunadamente, hay Odinspain en Youtube, y su canal es aca - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPNdjqjMc2LfBO4Yq_WBeoA

El tiene algunos videos de Mechjeb en Castellano, como este tutorial -

Tambien hay este video de usador AlexBernal14

4 hours ago, El Sancho said:

Esa es una pregunta muy buena. No se si existe un proyecto de traducir MechJeb al Castellano. Lamentablamente, no estoy calificado. Soy yanqui y el castellano es mi lengua segunda.

Afortunadamente, hay Odinspain en Youtube, y su canal es aca - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPNdjqjMc2LfBO4Yq_WBeoA

El tiene algunos videos de Mechjeb en Castellano, como este tutorial -

Tambien hay este video de usador AlexBernal14

Muchas Gracias! 

Maybe it's time to update the launch sites in the Mech Jeb as well as the landing sites a s we now have a desert launch site in KSP1.4.3 (with the Expansion pack installed.

Space_Coyote

Edit: Mechjeb 2.7.3 does NOT work with the .4.3 and the Making History 1.2 DLC. 

(Reason why I say this , is that there is no MJ Tab in the list. (Unless we need the other two dependencies that are required Toolbar and Click through)

Edited by Space_Coyote
data update

Is it possible to get landing guidance that is accurate within a meter on Kerbin? I was trying SpaceX style ship landing, and it missed the boat by ~50 meters. I do realize in most cases wasting fuel on moving 50 meters is totally silly and can cause crashes due to running out of fuel, but still I'm curious.

14 hours ago, Space_Coyote said:

Maybe it's time to update the launch sites in the Mech Jeb as well as the landing sites a s we now have a desert launch site in KSP1.4.3 (with the Expansion pack installed.

Space_Coyote

Edit: Mechjeb 2.7.3 does NOT work with the .4.3 and the Making History 1.2 DLC. 

(Reason why I say this , is that there is no MJ Tab in the list. (Unless we need the other two dependencies that are required Toolbar and Click through)

Space Coyote, I'm guessing you must be using the other MechJeb2.

I'm still using MJ2 794 with KSP 1.4.3.2152 and it seems to be working just fine, at least so far.

Yes, I am aware that Jenkins site -

https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-Dev/

- has version 800 available. I just haven't bothered updating yet.

Oh, and about the new launch site. If you look carefully, they spelled it "dessert" ;)

Edited by El Sancho
Man's essential inhumanity to man. And woman, too, for that matter...

Hi guys,

Thanks for your job.

Is it possible to have an update for the 1.4.3,please?
If you need a logfile, i can send you mine.

Because there is no bug/error, i don t know if you need it.

Thanks again and see you later.

Edited by Mephistos

17 hours ago, 1990eam said:

I'm in career mode and I don't have Ascent Guidance enabled. Do I have to research a specific module? Because I'm not finding it in the tech tree if so.

WWHYaT9.png

sEjdjNS.png

Icon 5 from the left, and 3 from the bottom. It has a green outline around it. It's called Unmanned Tech. As you can see, it includes Ascent Guidance.

This is MechJeb Dev #800 Sarbian (as show in top screenshot) and KSP  1.4.3.2152 (Windows Player x64) en-us. I am in Career Mode.

Edited by El Sancho
Because I felt like it, you got a problem with that?

Landing at the new "Dessert" site with a rover, to collect some data for a custom LandingSites.cfg file

The good news is, the new Landing Sites are showing up in the dropdown list with the Landing Guidance module, that you use to land spaceships. The bad news is, the runways  are not showing up in the dropdown list with the Aircraft Autolander. I'm not convinced the game is even reading that section of the file, TBH. When I take the stock file provided by Sarbian and change the name of one of the 4 stock runways, (2x KSP and 2x Island), that doesn't show up in game, either.

In any case, the Woomerang site is very small. There's just this little square platform, and a water tower.

u91jxLT.png

Edited by El Sancho