[1.12.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.14.3] [4th March 2023]

sarbian

9 hours ago, LTQ90 said:

hi Clinton.

go in your gamedata/mechjeb2/parts and edit the file named MechJebNoCommandPod.cfg

inside this you can unlock all tech with this statement :unlockTechs = start

Hope it helps you.

Ah fair enough.

But I presume that this will be thrashed everytime I update MechJeb

I might have to might my own mod for this and uploaded it considering the others have bitrotted it seems. 

With the latest dev versions, simply add an empty folder to GameData named "MechJebUnlocked"

See:

On 6/10/2019 at 5:14 AM, Jim DiGriz said:

Just created a new dev build #884:

https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-Dev/884/

It has an update to that MM config file:

https://github.com/MuMech/MechJeb2/pull/1164

You all should be able to:

1.  make an empty folder in GameData named MechJebUnlocked

2.  delete the ModuleManager.ConfigCache file to force MM to reupdate

3.  restart KSP

4.  gloriously cheat your way to orbit

Hello. I have a bit of silly question about MJ and RO. I am pretty sure the problem is known and there are workarounds, but i didn't find such answer.

So the problem is - MJ logic vs RO mechanics.

At the end of maneuver excecution MJ tries to throttle down to make less error in impulse, but in RO 50% throttle is not 50% engine power, due to limited throttlong(often unthrottlable). So when hitting final 5-10 m/s MJ tries to throttle down, but can't do it due to physics and overshoot planned maneuver. When maneuver finished MJ shuts down engines like hud button, but throttle input is still ~40-60%. Due to that engines immediately re-ignites to work 0.5sec(while throttle input reaches 0). And we have wasted ignition.

So the quesrion us simple any way to speed up throttle input or any other way to fix wasting igniton problem

@mwg_test this does not happen if MJ ist set to RSS/RO mode and when "RCS for ullage"* is enabled, too.

At least for me with the latest versions I used,

#880 (see https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-Dev/880/ )
and
even newer MechJeb-v2.7.0-314-g075b0b65 (see https://discord.gg/Rahy2rk #mechjeb-pvg pinned messages)

*you obviously need working RCS forward for that

Edited by Gordon Dry

5 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

@mwg_test this does not happen if MJ ist set to RSS/RO mode and when "RCS for ullage"* is enabled, too.

At least for me with the latest versions I used,

#880 (see https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-Dev/880/ )
and
even newer MechJeb-v2.7.0-314-g075b0b65 (see https://discord.gg/Rahy2rk #mechjeb-pvg pinned messages)

*you obviously need working RCS forward for that

I think i did not describe problem cooreclty.
Here is the vid with J-2 engine with 3 ignitions.

when i start excecuting maneuver MJ ignites engine(0.20) 2 ignitions left.
when maneuver almost completed(20m\s left 0.49) MJ make throttle down.
when 1m\s left to do throttle is about 60%. 
manuver node completed in a moment, and MJ shuts down engine, But throttle is still ~50%. And due to that engine momentally re-ignites for 1 second. And wasting ignition for nothing. 

Also second question about maneuver planner - is the any way to make with it somtheing like GTO-GSO burn without making it in 2 burns(change inclination and periapsis in 1 burn)?
thanks

Anyone else running into the issue where the autolander tends to just put you down 1/4 a planet away from the requested landing site?

I have quite a few mods, but none that I am aware of, that should cause this issue.

EDIT: List of mods. Current Count: 102.

Spoiler

KSP: 1.7.3 (Win64) - Unity: 2017.1.3p1 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
000_AT_Utils - 1.8.1
ClickThroughBlocker - 0.1.7.2
Filter Extensions - 3.2.3.2
TexturesUnlimited - 1.4.8.22
Toolbar - 1.7.22
USI Tools - 1.1
ToolbarControl - 0.1.8.2
CommunityPartsTitles - 0.4.4
Airplane Plus - 26.0
Animated Decouplers - 1.4.2
Astronomer's Visual Pack - 3.8.1
AtmosphereAutopilot - 1.5.15
B9 Part Switch - 2.6
BDArmory - 1.3.1
Bluedog Design Bureau - 1.5.2
Chatterer - 0.9.96.2332
CommNetAntennasExtension - 2.0.1
CommNetAntennasInfo - 2.1
Community Category Kit - 4.1
Community Resource Pack - 1.1
CommunityTechTree - 3.3.7
ConfigurableContainers - 2.4.6
Contract Configurator - 1.27.1
CryoEngines - 0.7.1
CryoTanks - 1.1.4
Community Terrain Texture Pack - 1.0.4
DeployableEngines - 1.0.1
DistantObjectEnhancement - 1.9.1
DynamicBatteryStorage - 2.0.1
EditorExtensionsRedux - 3.3.21
Endurance Continued - 1.9
Environmental Visual Enhancements - 1.4.2.2
Firespitter - 7.12
FShangarExtender - 3.5.5
GroundConstruction - 2.4.1
Grounded - 5.0
Hangar - 3.3.7
HeatControl - 0.4.12
JanitorsCloset - 0.3.6
K2CommandPodContinued - 1.1.8.7
JSIPartUtilities - 0.4.3
JSIAdvTransparentPods - 0.1.20
RasterPropMonitor - 0.30.6
KAS - 1.4.7097.36908
KAX - Kerbal Aircraft Expansion /L - 2.8.0.1
Kerbin Environmental Institute - 1.2.9.10
KerbalAtomics - 1.0.3
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.6
Kerbal Foundries - 2.3.7.17
KerbalKonstructs - 1.7.0.3
WaterLaunchSites - 0.9.1
HyperEdit - 1.5.8
Kerbonov - 2.0.1.1
InlineBallutes - 1.2.9.8
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.22.7090.200
<b><color=#CA7B3C>Kopernicus</color></b> - 1.7.3.1
<b><color=#ffffff>KSC Extended</color></b> - 1.1
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.3.1
KSPWheel - 0.15.13.32
MarkIVSystem - 3.0.4
MechJebForAll - 1.3.0.5
MoarFilterExtensionConfigs - 1.0.4.1
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.6
NearFutureAeronautics - 1.0.4
NearFutureConstruction - 1.1.2
NearFutureElectrical - 1.0.2
NearFutureLaunchVehicles - 1.1.11
NearFutureProps - 0.5.1
NearFuturePropulsion - 1.1.1
NearFutureSolar - 1.0.3
NearFutureSpacecraft - 1.2.4
OpenCockpit - 1.2.1
OuterPlanetsMod - 2.2.5
OPT Legacy Spaceplane Parts - 1.3.1
OPT Reconfig - 1.5
PatchManager - 0.0.16.4
PhysicsRangeExtender - 1.15
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.6.9
RATPack - 0.4.2.5
RCS Build Aid - 0.9.8
RemoteTechRedevAntennas - 0.1.1
ReStock - 0.1.4
ReStockPlus - 0.1.4
RetractableLiftingSurface - 0.1.6
RetroFuture - 0.2.1
RLA_Reborn - 0.15.1.9
SafeBrakes - 1.1
SCANsat - 1.1.8.11
ScienceLabInfo - 0.9.5
SpeedUnitAnnex - 1.3.5
StationPartsExpansionRedux - 1.2.1
SXTContinued - 0.3.28.2
TAC Fuel Balancer - 2.21.4
TextureReplacer - 3.7
ThrottleControlledAvionics - 3.5.7
TokamakIndustries - 0.1.18
<b><color=#ffffff>Tundra</color> <color=#0090ff>Space Center</color></b> - 1.1
USI Core - 1.1
Freight Transport Tech - 1.1
NuclearRockets - 1.1
USI Alcubierre Drive - 1.1
Kerbal Actuators - 1.7.1

Edited by Mekan1k

I’ve had that issue.  Mechjeb is a Swiss Army knife not an x-acto.  So the configuration of your craft (rcs torque, engine twr) plus orbit height play into accuracy.  I’ve had more accurate landings with mechjeb the more over designed my vessel is.

So,  people used to say that MJ have some issues with landing on atmosphere planets like Eve or Kerbin (some kind of Landing Guidance problem when reentry will overheat ). And since i haven't use this for a long time, so i dont know is that kind of problem was fix, or is there any way to land with mechjeb without overheat ship part .I just reinstalled this mod and that is all i care. THANKS 

Is there an option to forbid MechJeb to use RCS and allow Reaction Wheels only for any rotations (like Smart A.S.S or when Execute next node), even if RCS is activated?

Sometimes this feature ruins my very precise trajectory direction that i set up before.

Edited by Dizor

• 3 weeks later...

Another couple of suggestions:

1. Please add 3 more toggleable buttons to Toolbar Continued that will toggle features:
  - Execute/Stop Next Node (you dont need to open any window to perform maneuvers)
  - Auto-warp on/off
  - Autostage Once (you dont need to open Utilities window for this)

2. Please make all options in Ascent Guidance window to work only during ascending with autopilot engaged. I noticed that these options are taken into account during executing common maneuvers on orbit.

Having a strange problem with MechJeb, version 2.8.4.0. bit saw it with 2.8.3.0-884.  I have a lander that when I use the ascent on Mun for instance and set the altitude for 12 km using classic ascent, my final apoapsis suddenly rockets from 12 km to like 18 to 20 at the last minute.  Now, compounding this problem is the fact that MechJeb was showing plenty of DV, like 1200 remaining, but the game reported like 535 dv or thereabouts.  

So my question is, is this behavior of rocketing the apoapsis a sign of a desperate attempt to overcome the lack of fuel, or is it a bug?  Also, is the DV reflected in the product being vastly different from MechJeb a bug?

EDIT: I figured out he DV issue, it apparently had a problem with the root node.  Resetting that fixed that issue, I'll retest on the other one and see!

Edited by LanderDude

On 8/18/2019 at 4:53 PM, Dizor said:

Please add 3 more toggleable buttons to Toolbar Continued that will toggle features:
  - Execute/Stop Next Node (you dont need to open any window to perform maneuvers)
  - Auto-warp on/off
  - Autostage Once (you dont need to open Utilities window for this)

Ooookay, @sarbian, i managed to slightly figure out how toolbar buttons work in your huge MechJeb2 project, and implemented these buttons in way I see at the moment (most likely this approach is far from perfect ofc))). It was not easy because I failed to debug MechJeb2, there are a lot of exceptions appear when runnig KSP from Unity exe for debug. Anyway I pushed my changes to my repo. Will check if everything else works as before, and than create pull request for you.

https://www.rt.com/news/467203-soyuz-failed-docking-fedor/

Story about failed docking attempt of Soyuz with ISS.

" Roscosmos engineers believed that that a faulty rendezvous system, known as Kurs, was to blame for the failure. The system aligns an approaching craft with the station and performs an automated docking."

Sounds like they need some help from Sarbian. Tell them to be sure they attach logfiles to their bug report, hehehehe

40 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

@sarbian Is there a planet slingshot mode built into Mechjeb? If not, any way to add a feature like that in? Would be helpful for conserving Dv

Sure. Can you provide the math ?

On 8/24/2019 at 12:50 PM, Dizor said:

Will check if everything else works as before, and than create pull request for you.

Evetything works fine, looks like I broke nothing.

So, new available buttons in Toolbar buttons window:

Sy5pc1.png

And GIF how they work:

Hn4Y1I.gif

@sarbian, pull request on GitHub is created, but im not sure if you can merge my code 'as is'.

I'm running into trouble with MechJeb, not a technical error or anything but a comprehensional error.  I've been using the ascent guidance function and tweaking it blindly to achieve smooth orbital flights.  But now I'm frustrated that I can't get my craft to make a smooth orbital flight.  If anyone a message me privately to help me better learn the meaning and function of terms and features of the ascent guidance module it would be appreciated.

On 8/25/2019 at 12:41 PM, Dizor said:

Evetything works fine, looks like I broke nothing.

So, new available buttons in Toolbar buttons window:

And GIF how they work:

@sarbian, pull request on GitHub is created, but im not sure if you can merge my code 'as is'.

any chance you would be willing to create/patch in the other missing icons? :o:o:P:D

:funds: and :rep: if you do! :)

@sarbian feature suggestion: add MechVal style (low thrust, multiple burn, Pe kick) transfer maneuver node planner:

all the maths and fun stuff is all there.

If you do - glorious glory! otherwise still thank you for thinking about it!

Edited by zer0Kerbal

20 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

any chance you would be willing to create/patch in the other missing icons?

In fact, creating icons was the hardest and time consuming part of my update. I'm not a graphical/icon designer. At all. I'm .NET developer, and don't like any creative-related work. Sorry.

44 minutes ago, Dizor said:

In fact, creating icons was the hardest and time consuming part of my update. I'm not a graphical/icon designer. At all. I'm .NET developer, and don't like any creative-related work. Sorry.

tell me which are missing - and the specifics (size, type (png. dds ?) and whatever else) - will see what I can scrape together  - that is if you  are willing to add them. :)

Ok, so I just started up a new game after downloading the new expansion, updated mods through ckan, and tweaked the MJ parts to get all modules at the start.  After fully upgrading every building I still don't have all MJ modules.  Has something changed?  Are there more steps to take now?  What mods, if any, conflict with this (I added a few more since the first install)?