[1.12.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.14.3] [4th March 2023]

sarbian

18 hours ago, eightiesboi said:

Hi @sarbian!

I would like to request that "Vessel Type" (e.g., Ship, Probe, Relay) be added to the possible information in the custom window editor. One reason for my request is that some contracts require you to have a vessel of the required type, and with the stock naming configuration, it is entirely possible for the vessel type to change without realizing that it has. Another reason is that I literally spent 30 minutes trying to figure out why my probe wasn't responding to commands, only to learn that I had accidentally configured a stage as "debris", thus making it uncontrollable. I have the vessel name added to a couple of different windows via the window editor, but it would be nice to also see the type.

Thank you for all of the amazing working you do and have done!

Also added as a feature request on Github.

Thank you! That was quick work!

On 9/10/2019 at 8:05 PM, RYU AZUKU99 said:

Does anyone know how to get mechjeb to stop rolling your rockets? I have force roll turned off but that does nothing at all. Using current version of mechjeb2 2.8.4.0.

I always turn roll authority off for all types of fins since I've found that they become super sensitive in most configuration.

I actually have a mm config that turns it off by default.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

KSP 1.8 STATUS:

Later today or tomorrow probably, time permitting on Sarbian's side, but generally Very Soon(tm).  ModuleManager obviously takes priority for him to release first since everything depends on that.

I've started working on 1.8 patches for MJ here:

https://github.com/MuMech/MechJeb2/pull/1186/files

1 hour ago, Jim DiGriz said:

And just like that there's an #899 build for KSP 1.8 which has the shader.bundle in it and fixes drop-down menu issues and some other glitches:

https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-Dev/899/

1 hour ago, sarbian said:

Mechjeb-Dev is ready for 1.8. 

We will get an official release out soonish

that's fantastic news! you guys work fast! sadly, my environment loads fine without MJ2 #899 (or 898 or current release), but with either of them, it fails to load the menu (after all mods are loaded). I'll wait patiently for more mods to become updated and perhaps for a new build here. Thank you once agian for the amazing and timely work!

Edited by BrotherBloat

Greetings! And cheers to pushing a Dev Build so fast. I am noticing the drop down menus are not rendering a background, making it look like a sort of text soup that you have to squint at. I have no other mods loaded. They can be clicked on, and seem to function normally despite being difficult to see.

Spoiler

pWRZysb.png

Edited by oversoul

17 hours ago, oversoul said:

Greetings! And cheers to pushing a Dev Build so fast. I am noticing the drop down menus are not rendering a background, making it look like a sort of text soup that you have to squint at. I have no other mods loaded. They can be clicked on, and seem to function normally despite being difficult to see.

This should be fixed in the version I just pushed.

2 hours ago, Marjammer said:

Is it on CKAN yet?

Yes, on the development branch.  In CKAN, go to Settings > Compatible KSP Versions and check "1.8".  Then go to Settings > CKAN Settings, on the popup window click the top "New" button, click on the 2nd popup window's "MechJeb2-dev" line to high-light it, then click Ok and close the popup window.  Then click Refresh to update.  It's called "MechJeb 2 - DEV RELEASE" and version is currently "2.8.3.0-900".

Edited by Jacke

2 minutes ago, Jacke said:

Yes, on the development branch.  In CKAN, go to Settings > Compatible KSP Versions and check "1.8".  Then go to Settings > CKAN Settings, on the popup window click the top "New" button, click on the 2nd popup window's "MechJeb2-dev" line to high-light it, then click Ok and close the popup window.  Then click Refresh to update.  Version is currently "2.8.3.0-900".

Oh nice, I didn't know CKAN did that, thanks for info!

10 minutes ago, CapFuto said:

My game still hangs at the end of the loading screen when I have mechjeb in the folder. It loads fine with the other mods. 

same on my main machine - just hangs on 'Loading Expansions...' after all 80+ mods have loaded (though I don't have MH or BG). However, it looks like some other mod is not playing ball, because my laptop loads up just fine - with only KER, All'Y'All and MechJeb 2.8.3.0-900 installed on KSP 1.8

56 minutes ago, BrotherBloat said:

same on my main machine - just hangs on 'Loading Expansions...' after all 80+ mods have loaded (though I don't have MH or BG). However, it looks like some other mod is not playing ball, because my laptop loads up just fine - with only KER, All'Y'All and MechJeb 2.8.3.0-900 installed on KSP 1.8

fantastic. I have like 12 mods installed

5 hours ago, CapFuto said:

My game still hangs at the end of the loading screen when I have mechjeb in the folder. It loads fine with the other mods. 

5 hours ago, BrotherBloat said:

I can t do a thing about it without a log. And most mod where not updated for 1.8 yet so it is most likely that an old mod is responsible.

13 minutes ago, Topphreak said:

Sadly, even with the Dev version, my load is still hanging up on verifying the Serenity add-on. Still not sure why Breaking Ground keeps getting renamed as Serenity, but something about MJ causes it to need re-verification on Steam every time it's run.

Agreed with Topphreak. Steam just does not like MJ. I even pulled the main KSP folder out onto my desktop to see if that would work but nothing.

23 minutes ago, Topphreak said:

Sadly, even with the Dev version, my load is still hanging up on verifying the Serenity add-on. Still not sure why Breaking Ground keeps getting renamed as Serenity, but something about MJ causes it to need re-verification on Steam every time it's run.

Don't run KSP through Steam.  Download KSP, copy to a separate directory, and run the executable there.  Or use CKAN, it's a great help.

6 hours ago, Marjammer said:

Yes. 

And, what did you find out?  I'm not trying to be rude or obnoxious, but checking if a mod is on CKAN takes only a couple of minutes.  Why bother asking in the forums when it would take you much less time just starting CKAN yourself?  Perhaps you don't know how to check for a mod's compatibility using CKAN.  That's fine. Many CKAN users able to help you with that, but it's not clear from your post that that's the problem.

Or, are you actually asking if the mod developer is going to update the CKAN entry.  That's a different question.

1 hour ago, Jacke said:

Don't run KSP through Steam.  Download KSP, copy to a separate directory, and run the executable there.  Or use CKAN, it's a great help.

Tried both, hangup occurred on all spots. Just tried again by removing ONLY MJ, and it works. I'm not sure if it's an issue with MJ, or MJ interacting with certain mods. Is there a way to attach a copy of the log, or do I just need to screenshot it?

16 hours ago, Jacke said:

Yes, on the development branch.  In CKAN, go to Settings > Compatible KSP Versions and check "1.8".  Then go to Settings > CKAN Settings, on the popup window click the top "New" button, click on the 2nd popup window's "MechJeb2-dev" line to high-light it, then click Ok and close the popup window.  Then click Refresh to update.  It's called "MechJeb 2 - DEV RELEASE" and version is currently "2.8.3.0-900".

I was actually looking for the release version for KSP 1.8. I followed the link in CKAN to here to hopefully get some information on the progress of MechJeb getting updated. I didn't realize I was asking about the -Dev version.