[1.12.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.14.3] [4th March 2023]

sarbian

1 minute ago, Cheesecake said:

@Tonka Crash

Burning Kan meant the ModuleManager.Techtree. You can delete this without any problems because it will be newly created after a new KSP-start.  The only one of the MM-files you must not delete is the ModuleManager.3.0.7.dll

Thanks for the correction, my apologies to @Burning Kan

@Cheesecake I'm running a locally compiled version of 801 with a couple changes to the landing autopilot, but the only time I've seen something similar is if I have a second probe core or command pod at an odd orientation that is in command when I move it to the launch pad. Have you tried just a command pod with the AR202 on the side to see which way it thinks is up?

On 8/23/2018 at 8:46 PM, Cheesecake said:

I had read some things in this thread but has n ot found a clear answer: doesn`t MJ work with ksp 1.4.5? Because the ascent guidance isn`t working well for me. The Navball is upside down when I activate the ascent-path. Also: after one flight with using MJ the launchers flips around and KSP does stop working (I must restart KSP).

From my own recent investigations, the AR202 needs to be positioned on the left flank with the antenna pointing towards the nose for it to count as being "correctly oriented" in the Editor "potential problems" dialogue.

ETA: I'm using 801 in 1.4.5 and so far it's done everything I've needed it to, but I don't have all features unlocked in my career so I can't guarantee it to be problem-free.

Edited by JH4C
poor memory

8 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

@Burning Kan That's really bad advice, deleting things without understanding what it may impact is a good way to break the game. Module Manager is required to apply patches, so deleting it will break the game. Did you mean the ModuleManager.ConfigCache? Even that gets replaces when MM detects a change in the patches.

@HappyKerbatron Try the following. Since TechRequired and entryCost already exist for the parts, you need @ before for them to tell module manager to replace the existing values. This is assuming you are doing this through a patch file of your own. The alternative is to just edit the part.cfg file in GameData\MechJeb2\Parts\MechJeb2_AR202. BUT, I don't recommend that as updates to MechJeb would overwrite your changes.

@PART[mumech_MJ2_AR202]
{
    @TechRequired = flightControl
    @entryCost = 15000

@MODULE[MechJebCore]
    {
        @MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { unlockTechs = flightControl }
        @MechJebModuleSmartASS { unlockTechs = flightControl }
        @MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { unlockTechs = flightControl }
        @MechJebModuleNodeEditor { unlockTechs = flightControl }
        @MechJebModuleTranslatron { unlockTechs = flightControl }
        @MechJebModuleWarpHelper { unlockTechs = flightControl }
        @MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { unlockTechs = flightControl }
        @MechJebModuleThrustWindow { unlockTechs = flightControl }
        @MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { unlockTechs = flightControl }
        @MechJebModuleRoverWindow { unlockTechs = flightControl }
        @MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { unlockTechs = flightControl }
        @MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { unlockTechs = flightControl }
        @MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { unlockTechs = flightControl }
        @MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { unlockTechs = flightControl }
        @MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { unlockTechs = flightControl }
        @MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { unlockTechs = flightControl }
    }
}

@PART[mumech_MJ2_AR202_features1]
{
    @entryCost = 30000

@MODULE[MechJebCore]
    {
    }
}

@PART[mumech_MJ2_AR202_features2]
{
    @entryCost = 100000

@MODULE[MechJebCore]
    {
    }
}

@PART[mumech_MJ2_AR202_features3]
{
    @entryCost = 100000

@MODULE[MechJebCore]
    {
    }
}

@PART[mumech_MJ2_AR202_features4]
{
    @entryCost = 183335

@MODULE[MechJebCore]
    {
    }
}

@Burning Kan, @Cheesecake, @Tonka Crash
Thansk a lot.
Yes, I'm using a *.cfg for Module Manager in the root of GameData, similar to this one and some other answers here on the forum.

Thanks a lot, looks like it works well now, that is what I wanted:
https://i.imgur.com/KAjRq2i.png

I want to disable ground stations in game's advanced settings, or/and to search for some mods for ground stations. Want to create a few sat relay networks, similar to this but with more satellites, so the satellites are more usefull. That's why I need precisely working flight computers in early game. The dastabilization of that nice looking picture on the video takes more time.

Yes, I have this patch (since years). But the issue is still there when I remove this patch and use a AR202. So, it has nothing tot do with this patch. It happens with unmanned probecores and manned capsules.

I don`t understand whats going wrong.

After Investition cant reproduce , that crazy Bug , First iwould try delete mJ and make a fresh  mj (delete the partdatabase.Cfg in the ksp folder too)install,then on a clean ksp with mm,third when this all looks good,put the Patch inside the gamedata and try again,if u made all These steps without this Bug, Beginn putIng the mods u have one by on (or when u have a lot of it,a few)back in gamedata and test it,

PS what I got for a long time is the Stock engineerReport in the right down corner, tell me^command module facing the wrong way^ for the mj box,but on launchpad everything is correct on the navball.

Edit sorry should real all posts before looks like u test it on a fresh install and the Bug is still there so I have no idea .

Edited by Burning Kan

After several tests with x new installations of KSP, it didn`t work with 1.4.5. The only mods I installed are MM and MJ.

Edit: Here is a Pic of what I meant:

E8M14t1.png

The only thing I did is "show ascent navball guidance" to show the Target (as 1000 times before) but as you can see, it shows the anti-target. And this has nothing to do with the AR202 or probes which are upside down.

Edited by Cheesecake

On 9/2/2018 at 11:34 PM, dlrk said:

Has anyone been able to get MJ to handle control surfaces with FAR properly? It shakes for me, like it's overcorrecting or something.

I've found the aircraft autopilot very twitchy even with stock aerodynamics with almost every plane needing tweaks to the gains to fly right, I imagine FAR is the same way. You can also play with limiting the authority of the individual flight control surfaces to get better response.

On 8/27/2018 at 2:07 PM, Cheesecake said:

After several tests with x new installations of KSP, it didn`t work with 1.4.5. The only mods I installed are MM and MJ.

Edit: Here is a Pic of what I meant:

The only thing I did is "show ascent navball guidance" to show the Target (as 1000 times before) but as you can see, it shows the anti-target. And this has nothing to do with the AR202 or probes which are upside down.

I know you're frustrated, but you still aren't providing anything useful for the rest of us. You say the only mods installed are MM and MJ, but your photo is clearly a modded install and you say your probes are upside down (which to me says: user error)  but no one can really tell what's going on with fairings covering everything important.

Duplicate the following: Stripped install only MJ and MM on top of stock. Mk1 pod with AR202 on the side and send it to the pad. No attempts to reorient anything. Navball Guidance on shows Target straight up. Sorry, about it being night, I've spent a lot of time in my testing install.

tzkEpj4.png

@Tonka Crash Sorry, it`s confused. The Pic was made after installing more Mods and was only tho show how it loks like. The same is when I only have MM and MJ installed.
I meant that it has nothing to do with upside-down-probes. My probes are NOT upside down.

@AdmiralSirJohnI play KSP since 4 Years (or more) with several thousands hours, used MJ at, felt, 5000 launches and I saw never such an issue before.

So, no, I am not a noob in playing KSP.

Edit: Pic of a new Savegame with only Squad, MJ and MM.

in6DDT2.png

Edited by Cheesecake

@Cheesecake With that photo I was able to reproduce the anti-target indication on the navball, but as soon as I hit Engage autopilot (which isn't On in your photo) it flipped to the Target marker. I couldn't get the anti-target marker back until I revert to the VAB and sent it back out to the launchpad. It was repeatable for me: until MJ is engaged it will show anti-target. MJ seems to initialize with the anti-target shown, but flips to the Target marker as soon as the autopilot is engaged (default SAS on or off). . 

So, I stuck a parachute on the nose an FL-T800 and LV-T45 engine on the Mk1 and sent it back out. With a flyable rocket I don't get any Navball guidance marker (Hide ascent guidance or not) until the MJ ascent autopilot is engaged and then I get a Target marker.

No idea what this means

If I finally understand what you are trying to do. You want to use the default SAS to fly to Target (or fly it yourself) with Mechjeb providing a Target on the Navball, is this correct?

MJ just doesn't work that way currently and since my history with the game is only a few months old I have no idea if it ever did. I wouldn't be surprised if it originally acted to just provide Navball queuing before it became a full autopilot. From what I can see, the Navball guidance isn't updating unless the full ascent autopilot is engaged. Any Navball queues are meaningless without the autopilot in the loop.

Any known issues with Landing Guidance in the latest version? I've tried it a few times lately and he hasn't come close to anything approaching a landing. All of them were attempts from a MJ-circularized orbit of >20km. I've used it in the past with those parameters, it used to nail landings, right now it looks like MJ is chugging a fifth of mechano-whiskey before giving it a go.

If it's not a known issue I'll pull together the required info.

1 minute ago, vossiewulf said:

Any known issues with Landing Guidance in the latest version? I've tried it a few times lately and he hasn't come close to anything approaching a landing. All of them were attempts from a MJ-circularized orbit of >20km. I've used it in the past with those parameters, it used to nail landings, right now it looks like MJ is chugging a fifth of mechano-whiskey before giving it a go.

If it's not a known issue I'll pull together the required info.

If you're using version 801, I'd suggest you go back to version 800

801 had some experimental stuff going on with RCS. You should find that 800 works quite well.

19 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

If I finally understand what you are trying to do. You want to use the default SAS to fly to Target (or fly it yourself) with Mechjeb providing a Target on the Navball, is this correct?

MJ just doesn't work that way currently and since my history with the game is only a few months old I have no idea if it ever did. I wouldn't be surprised if it originally acted to just provide Navball queuing before it became a full autopilot. From what I can see, the Navball guidance isn't updating unless the full ascent autopilot is engaged. Any Navball queues are meaningless without the autopilot in the loop.

Yes, thats the way I use MJ mostly at launch. The target is the ascent path MJ normally use when it is active. It worked the last years in several KSP-versions since KSP 0.90. It is broken since KSP 1.4.5 (or 1.4.4, the only version I didn`t play).

3 hours ago, apholis said:

how come mechjeb isn't showing some of the options? playing in sandbox and the only options i have are custom window editor, deltav-status, settings, vessel info and custom info window

Do you use the AR202 at your ship? Also: delta-v, vessel info are infos showing in VAB/SPH. Did you try it on the pad???

Edited by Cheesecake

4 hours ago, apholis said:

how come mechjeb isn't showing some of the options? playing in sandbox and the only options i have are custom window editor, deltav-status, settings, vessel info and custom info window

It sounds like you are still in the VAB, where only those windows are ever available. Have you moved your craft to the launch pad and checked what is available there?

Edited by El Sancho
listo el pollo, pelada la gallina

4 minutes ago, El Sancho said:

It sounds like you are still in the VAB, where only those windows are ever available. Have you moved your craft to the launch pad and checked what is available there?

1 hour ago, Cheesecake said:

Yes, thats the way I use MJ mostly at launch. The target is the ascent path MJ normally use when it is active. It worked the last years in several KSP-versions since KSP 0.90. It is broken since KSP 1.4.5 (or 1.4.4, the only version I didn`t play).

Do you use the AR202 at your ship? Also: delta-v, vessel info are infos showing in VAB/SPH. Did you try it on the pad???

i did in sandbox i havent tried it in career yet, and you're right i didn't go to the pad when i did they were there, thanks for helping