[1.12.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.14.3] [4th March 2023]

sarbian

1 hour ago, Jim DiGriz said:

When you see this error what is the exact orbit that you're starting from, the exact altitude that you're using (and are you going towards the Pe or the Ap), and the target ApR that you're punching in to raise to?

Didn't have an exact set of numbers handy, but it happens a lot, as in more often than not, so lets see if I can generate one now.. Yup. Orbit Pe 196641.3, Ap 196641.7, going towards Pe, with 9m 7.5 sec til Pe. Try raise Ap to 5000 at fixed time 0. Bingo - error. Also get the error if I say to do it at the next Pe or Ap. Manually burn prograde a bit, raising Ap to 296884.6 and immediately try Mechjeb again; same error for all 3 burn schedules of fixed time 0, at Pe and at Ap. (As you can see, this isn't horribly sensitive to the exact orbit). Manually burn prograde some more til my Ap is 520264.7. Now try Mechjeb again and it works fine if I ask for the burn at time 0 (which is what I'd typically do as I've basically just manually done the early part of the burn I wanted MechJeb to compute in the first place) or at next Pe; still fails if I ask for the burn at next Ap.

Then restored from a save point as this mission was supposed to be headed towards Mun and these experimental burns are off in the wrong direction made just to quickly get you some data. :-)

45 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

Curious, what did cause this?

Ancient bugs in some heuristics in the ApR raise maneuver which was exposed by stricter checking by the new rootfinder.

Dev build #930 just went out and should fix this problem.

1 hour ago, Galland1998 said:

Can the MechJeb modules handle Ullage of the engines that is required in realism overhaul

The "Utilities" window should have a "Prevent unstable ignition" and "Use RCS to ullage" option that should help.

21 minutes ago, Rattana said:

sorry if i've overseen it but can someone link the version of mechjeb that does load past (loading breaking ground) .. Thank You!! 

You ll have to work a bit to get it

• Make sure you have the last version of ModuleManager and if you already have other version delete them so you only have the last ( 4.1.3 ) installed
  • Launch KSP, wait for the extension loading part, take a screenshot and post it here. And also put the ksp.log file somewhere (dropbox or something like it so I can read it)

31 minutes ago, sarbian said:

You ll have to work a bit to get it

• Make sure you have the last version of ModuleManager and if you already have other version delete them so you only have the last ( 4.1.3 ) installed
  • Launch KSP, wait for the extension loading part, take a screenshot and post it here. And also put the ksp.log file somewhere (dropbox or something like it so I can read it)

u want that entire long Log in the ksp steam file? 

1 minute ago, Rattana said:

here u go, king

As the log says

[ERR 19:09:29.627] MechJeb caught a ReflectionTypeLoadException. Those DLL are not built for this KSP version:
[ERR 19:09:29.628] KSPWheel 0.0.0.0 GameData\KSPWheel\Plugin\KSPWheel.dll

You have a version of KSPWheel that is not built for 1.8 and that is why your game locks in the loading screen.  You ll have to update it with a updated version 

19 minutes ago, sarbian said:

As the log says

[ERR 19:09:29.627] MechJeb caught a ReflectionTypeLoadException. Those DLL are not built for this KSP version:
[ERR 19:09:29.628] KSPWheel 0.0.0.0 GameData\KSPWheel\Plugin\KSPWheel.dll

You have a version of KSPWheel that is not built for 1.8 and that is why your game locks in the loading screen.  You ll have to update it with a updated version 

Thanks, I love you  

2 hours ago, AdmiralSirJohn said:

Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jg64jz18cg03kk/screenshot 2020-01-21 15.06.50.png?dl=0

Log File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8kqyjojfo3ep5md/ksp.log?dl=0

Obvious problems in B9 Part Switch and Firespitter.

Please advise.

You have 3 ModuleManager. You need to keep only the last one to get the message,