[1.12.x] Tweakable Everything Continued (replacement)

linuxgurugamer

So regarding docking ports, when ever I place one in the VAB this message pops up below. in the Exception Detector window. If you need a log, I can provide one if you request it.

q1YdNDQ.png

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Poodmund said:

@linuxgurugamer, for the Solar Panel Tracking Toggle option, would it be possible, if KSP detects multiple sources of light i.e more than one sun, to be able to cycle through the sources as an option. Like this:

Tracking Toggle
	- Sun 1
	- Sun 2
	- Sun (...n+1)
	- Disable Tracking

I have absolutely no idea. I would have to spend some time looking to see how KSP tracks light sources. I don't have time right now but I'll put it on the back burner.

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya,

first off, love the mod. It makes KSP infinitely better, no question.

I went through this thread and couldn't find mention of the problem. If I missed that, I apologize.

It's just that, recently, it's been ... odd. I hadn't played in a while. I updated everything, play a bit, and then I want to tweak some docking port, or a reaction wheel, or an engine gimbal.
I thought it could be any number of mods, so I loaded the game without any, and the problem wasn't there. There were no tweakable everythings, obviously. So I loaded the game anew, nothing in GameData but "Squad", "TweakableEverything" (v1.21.0), and Module Manager 2.8.1.
I was surprised to find, no, it's not a clash with one of the 130 mods I usually run (yes, I know...).
It's KSP 1.3, Windows 10 64bit.

Here are a few graphical illustrations of what puzzles me:
The sliders only provide nonsensical values. It starts with -1.0 and ends where I can't even read the numbers anymore:
GimbalA.png
And
GimbalB.png

Docking ports look similarly weird:
DockingPort.png

And reaction wheels go from -1.0, to 1.0, back down to 0 only:
ReactionWheel.png

Here's a log file, just in case it's of interest: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2BBLt_dg3FUc21hdDhRSDZyYmc

My question: is this some sort of error, or a novelty I missed and don't comprehend, or did I break something?

I'm incredibly grateful to all who contributed to this mod, and will be very grateful for any advice.

Edited by DerGolgo

Something is wrong, the log is filled with NullReference exceptions.

Did you do this with a new game, or an existing one?

also, assuming this is an existing game, did you ever have Tweakscale installed?

You are missing another mod:

Module ModuleTweakableReactionWheel threw during OnStart: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ToadicusTools, Version=0.22.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'ToadicusTools, Version=0.22.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
  at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Find and install Toadicus Tools, that should solve your problem

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Thanks for taking the time and helping!

Toadicus Tools was one of the 130 other mods I'd usually run.
I just copied the one I had (v0.22.1.0, current version) into GameData and loaded the game. Same problem.
I downloaded the latest Toadicus Tools from Spacedock, v0.22.1.0 again, just to make sure. Put that into GameData and loaded the game again. Same problem.

New log file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2BBLt_dg3FUb1ZhRXZqOXdBQXM

Could this be something got twisted up in the installation and I need to reinstall the game?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, and loaded with Tweakable Everything and Toadicus Tools. The problem is gone. My multitude of mods must have messed things up.

Thank you for the assist!

Edited by DerGolgo

On 9/6/2017 at 0:58 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Something is wrong, the log is filled with NullReference exceptions.

Did you do this with a new game, or an existing one?

also, assuming this is an existing game, did you ever have Tweakscale installed?

You are missing another mod:

Module ModuleTweakableReactionWheel threw during OnStart: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ToadicusTools, Version=0.22.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'ToadicusTools, Version=0.22.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
  at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Find and install Toadicus Tools, that should solve your problem

I am getting the exact same issue on my install. Verified ToadicusTools is there. VOID loads fine, IIRC VOID uses this as well. After VOID has loaded it then starts putting out these errors for Tweakable Everything. I think this is a coincidence though. There is a conflict with a mod somewhere. I will try to narrow it down. Log is a bit of a mess as tweakscale is throwing a lot of errors I think with either Vens or SXT. https://1drv.ms/f/s!Al6GOD6z9Sxci8IqsKqkfwFAzzxIJQ < This one is with current Mods installed.

48 minutes ago, theersink said:

I am getting the exact same issue on my install. Verified ToadicusTools is there. VOID loads fine, IIRC VOID uses this as well. After VOID has loaded it then starts putting out these errors for Tweakable Everything. I think this is a coincidence though. There is a conflict with a mod somewhere. I will try to narrow it down. Log is a bit of a mess as tweakscale is throwing a lot of errors I think with either Vens or SXT. https://1drv.ms/f/s!Al6GOD6z9Sxci8IqsKqkfwFAzzxIJQ < This one is with current Mods installed.

Be sure you have the version of Toadicus Tools that came with Tweakable Everything; it's the one that's version 0.22.1.0.  It's also will have a ToadicusTools.version file and the plugin will be in a Plugins subdirectory.

I was setting up VOID at the same time, identified the later version of TT with Tweakable Everything, and though I'd grabbed it and put it into use.  But when I recently enabled Tweakable Everything, the lag was massive and the App Launcher didn't show up in the VAB.  Look at my logs and I saw errors similar to yours.  Turned out I'd put in Toadicus Tools 0.22.0.0 that came with VOID.

Look at "GameData/ToadicusTools/" and make sure you have these files.

ToadicusTools.version
Plugins/

ToadicusTools.dll

Right-click on ToadicusTools.dll and click Properties, then on the Properties window click the Details tab.  Version should be 0.22.1.0.

3 minutes ago, Jacke said:

Be sure you have the version of Toadicus Tools that came with Tweakable Everything; it's the one that's version 0.22.1.0.  It's also will have a ToadicusTools.version file and the plugin will be in a Plugins subdirectory.

I was setting up VOID at the same time, identified the later version of TT with Tweakable Everything, and though I'd grabbed it and put it into use.  But when I recently enabled Tweakable Everything, the lag was massive and the App Launcher didn't show up in the VAB.  Look at my logs and I saw errors similar to yours.  Turned out I'd put in Toadicus Tools 0.22.0.0 that came with VOID.

Look at "GameData/ToadicusTools/" and make sure you have these files.

ToadicusTools.version
Plugins/

ToadicusTools.dll

Right-click on ToadicusTools.dll and click Properties, then on the Properties window click the Details tab.  Version should be 0.22.1.0.

It is the correct version for sure. I am getting the error and the gimbal issue reported above as well.

13 minutes ago, theersink said:

It is the correct version for sure. I am getting the error and the gimbal issue reported above as well.

You've got some issue in your install.  Despite having a copy of ToadicusTools.dll version 0.22.1.0, there's a log entry saying it's not being found by KSP.  Is the directory of ToadicusTools laid out as I mentioned above?  If it's not, that's an indication something is incorrect in the install.

Search under GameData the KSP install directory for ToadicusTools.dll and be sure you only have one and it's version 0.22.1.0.   As far as I know, it doesn't have code like ModuleManager.dll that disables earlier versions when a later version is present, so a copy of 0.22.0.0 could cause problems.

If that's not the case, then I advise deleting the subdirectories "ToadicusTools/" and "TweakableEverything/" under "GameData/", download the Tweakable Everything install archive, and reinstall from it.  This is to fix potentially damaged files, especially ToadicusTools.dll.

Edited by Jacke

45 minutes ago, Jacke said:

You've got some issue in your install.  Despite having a copy of ToadicusTools.dll version 0.22.1.0, there's a log entry saying it's not being found by KSP.  Is the directory of ToadicusTools laid out as I mentioned above?  If it's not, that's an indication something is incorrect in the install.

Search under GameData the KSP install directory for ToadicusTools.dll and be sure you only have one and it's version 0.22.1.0.   As far as I know, it doesn't have code like ModuleManager.dll that disables earlier versions when a later version is present, so a copy of 0.22.0.0 could cause problems.

If that's not the case, then I advise deleting the subdirectories "ToadicusTools/" and "TweakableEverything/" under "GameData/", download the Tweakable Everything install archive, and reinstall from it.  This is to fix potentially damaged files, especially ToadicusTools.dll.

Already did that before posting. Everything is installed as directed. If the DLL itself was missing VOID would be throwing an error as well. Interesting though, I changed nothing else but I replaced the toadacious tools DLL with the last one released with the BETA VOID before linuxgurugamer took them over and it fixed both issues. I no longer have the log error and the gimbal is back to normal.

UPDATE: Uninstalled all 3, Toadacious Tools, VOID, and Tweakable everything. Re-installed via CKAN. Boom, same issue. Uninstalled again via CKAN, made sure no folders were left over. Re-installed via D/L manual unzip method and walla, issue resolved. Evidently CKAN is whacking the install of one of those 3. I am beginning to agree with others about the reliability of CKAN, the install time it saves may not be worth the issues it causes. 

Thanks for the assistance Jacke.

Edited by theersink

2 hours ago, theersink said:

Evidently CKAN is whacking the install of one of those 3. I am beginning to agree with others about the reliability of CKAN, the install time it saves may not be worth the issues it causes. 

Thanks for the assistance Jacke.

You're welcome, @theersink.  I wonder if the problem with CKAN is it's somehow ending up with the ToadicusTools.dll from the VOID release when all 3 are installed.

CKAN has a noble goal, to do something like Debian does with dpkg and apt for its software: allow parts to be put into packages and simply and cleanly be installed and removed.

But it's trying to do so without the underpinnings Debian has for it: the Debian Policy Manual, detailing the standards, requirements, and best practices learned, built up, and revised over years of experience.  And a community of pacakge devs that follow those policies.  Packages are constrained in their names and file layouts.  Config files are identified and handled specially.  There's tools to carefully replace files from other mods and handle alternatives.  And a vast number of other important details, which makes sure this all happens near seamlessly.  Packages in development still get bugs, including packaging bugs, but with the standards, it's easier to figure them out and even work around them before they're fixed.

So it's not surprising CKAN breaks.  It's kind of surprising it works at times.  I've seen how Debian packages interact and break and potentially the same can happen with mods installed by CKAN, but they can be worse because CKAN can't impose standards on modders to package their mods to reduce them.  Only Squad is in a position to do so and it would be hard for them to do so with a long established modding community.

I use the tool JSGME to enable and disable mods that I set up to use it.  I tend to avoid a lot of errors that aren't inherent in KSP, a mod, or between mods.  But I still screw up, as I did with using the ToadicusTools.dll from VOID instead of Tweakable Everything.  But I usually find these and fix them.

Edited by Jacke

• 2 weeks later...

Hello :)

Problems.
1. Installed ToadicusTools via CKAN is version 0.22.0.0, not version 0.22.1.0. Ok, I install from archive, not via CKAN.
2. Disabled Sun Direct not working for Solar Panels. Button in menu present and switches. For Thermal Panels is worked. 
:confused:

My logs is here. Please help.

@linuxgurugamer: Love this mod (mostly used it to cheat reaction wheels and engine gimbal limits), as well as other great work you do,

BUT

...most docking ports (stock) stop working at random.  Might connect once or twice, might never connect (fresh ports, no tweaks).  Trying to re-dock multiple times, reloading or restarting the game does not seem to help; moving ports with KIS sometimes does.  The more complex the ships are, the more likely ports stop working (permanently) - e.g., trying to re-dock interplanetary crewed ship (~70 parts, 5 ports) with its lander (~25 parts, 1 port) is almost impossible).  Analyzed everything, scrupulously went through saves, compared before and after, "good" and "bad" ports - nothing wrong, but they still wouldn't acquire!   The only extra module in docking ports was from this mod, so I tried removing the tweakabledockingnode (or what's its name) from saves - no change.  So I removed the mod completely, and not a single docking issue since.

No reason to post logs, as there is nothing relevant (no errors, nothing about docking or this mod, even in verbose mode) in there, and, considering semi-random nature of this bug and a number of mods I have, saves wouldn't be useful either.  This bug has been present since at least 1.2.2, but only now I could pinpoint the culprit.  My mod list is below.  I hope this might help you to track down the issue.

Spoiler

000_AT_Utils
000_Toolbar
000_USITools
AirlockPlus
AirplanePlus
AquilaEnterprises
ASET
AtmosphereAutopilot
AviationLights
B9_Aerospace
B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings
B9AnimationModules
B9PartSwitch
BetterBurnTime
BetterTimeWarp
BoulderCo
Chatterer
CommunityCategoryKit
CommunityResourcePack
CommunityTechTree
CommunityTraitIcons
ConfigurableContainers
ConnectedLivingSpace
ContractConfigurator
ContractPacks
DavonTCsystemsMod
DeployableEngines
Diazo
DistantObject
DMagicUtilities
DynamicBatteryStorage
EasyBoard
EasyVesselSwitch
EditorExtensionsRedux
EngineLight
EnvironmentalVisualEnhanceme
EvaFuel
EVAStruts
Firespitter
FlexoDocking
FlightPlan
FMRS
FShangarExtender
FuelWings
GroundConstruction
HeatControl
HideEmptyTechTreeNodes
InterstellarFuelSwitch
JSI
KAS
KAS-1.0
KerbalAtomics
KerbalFoundries
KerbalHacks
KerbalImprovedSaveSystem
KerbalJointReinforcement
KerbalReusabilityExpansion
KermangeddonIndustries
KIS
ksp-advanced-flybywire
KSPWheel
Landertron
LETech
MagicSmokeIndustries
MainSailor
ManeuverNodeEvolved
MarkIVSystem
MechJeb2
MiningExpansion
Mk2Expansion
Mk3Expansion
ModRocketSys
NavBallDockingAlignmentIndic
NavHud
NavyFish
NearFutureConstruction
NearFutureElectrical
NearFutureLaunchVehicles
NearFutureProps
NearFuturePropulsion
NearFutureSolar
NearFutureSpacecraft
OPT
PersistentRotation
PlanetaryDomes
PlanetShine
PortraitStats
ProceduralFairings
ProceduralParts
QuantumStrutsContinued
RcsSounds
RealChute
RealPlume
RealPlume-Stock
ReCoupler
RecoveryController
RetractableLiftingSurface
SCANsat
scatterer
ShipManifest
ShowAllFuels
SmokeScreen
SpaceY-Lifters
Squad
Squidsoft
StageRecovery
StationPartsExpansion
StockVisualEnhancements
StretchySNTextures
SXT
TacFuelBalancer
TacSelfDestruct
TakeCommand
Targetron
ThrottleControlledAvionics
ThroughTheEyes
ToadicusTools
TokamakIndustries
Trajectories
TriggerTech
TweakScale
UbioWeldingLtd
UmbraSpaceIndustries
VanguardTechnologies
WaypointManager
Workshop

deltav.ksp
MechJebAndEngineerForAll.cfg
ModuleManager.2.8.1.dll
ModuleManager.ConfigCache
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree
stockEngineGimbalIncrease.cf
toolbar-settings.dat

Edited by Tau137

25 minutes ago, Tau137 said:

@linuxgurugamer: Love this mod (mostly used it to cheat reaction wheels and engine gimbal limits), as well as other great work you do,

BUT

...most docking ports (stock) stop working at random.  Might connect once or twice, might never connect (fresh ports, no tweaks).  Trying to re-dock multiple times, reloading or restarting the game does not seem to help; moving ports with KIS sometimes does.  The more complex the ships are, the more likely ports stop working (permanently) - e.g., trying to re-dock interplanetary crewed ship (~70 parts, 5 ports) with its lander (~25 parts, 1 port) is almost impossible).  Analyzed everything, scrupulously went through saves, compared before and after, "good" and "bad" ports - nothing wrong, but they still wouldn't acquire!   The only extra module in docking ports was from this mod, so I tried removing the tweakabledockingnode (or what's its name) from saves - no change.  So I removed the mod completely, and not a single docking issue since.

No reason to post logs, as there is nothing relevant (no errors, nothing about docking or this mod, even in verbose mode) in there, and, considering semi-random nature of this bug and a number of mods I have, saves wouldn't be useful either.  This bug has been present since at least 1.2.2, but only now I could pinpoint the culprit.  My mod list is below.  I hope this might help you to track down the issue.

Reveal hidden contents

000_AT_Utils
000_Toolbar
000_USITools
AirlockPlus
AirplanePlus
AquilaEnterprises
ASET
AtmosphereAutopilot
AviationLights
B9_Aerospace
B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings
B9AnimationModules
B9PartSwitch
BetterBurnTime
BetterTimeWarp
BoulderCo
Chatterer
CommunityCategoryKit
CommunityResourcePack
CommunityTechTree
CommunityTraitIcons
ConfigurableContainers
ConnectedLivingSpace
ContractConfigurator
ContractPacks
DavonTCsystemsMod
DeployableEngines
Diazo
DistantObject
DMagicUtilities
DynamicBatteryStorage
EasyBoard
EasyVesselSwitch
EditorExtensionsRedux
EngineLight
EnvironmentalVisualEnhanceme
EvaFuel
EVAStruts
Firespitter
FlexoDocking
FlightPlan
FMRS
FShangarExtender
FuelWings
GroundConstruction
HeatControl
HideEmptyTechTreeNodes
InterstellarFuelSwitch
JSI
KAS
KAS-1.0
KerbalAtomics
KerbalFoundries
KerbalHacks
KerbalImprovedSaveSystem
KerbalJointReinforcement
KerbalReusabilityExpansion
KermangeddonIndustries
KIS
ksp-advanced-flybywire
KSPWheel
Landertron
LETech
MagicSmokeIndustries
MainSailor
ManeuverNodeEvolved
MarkIVSystem
MechJeb2
MiningExpansion
Mk2Expansion
Mk3Expansion
ModRocketSys
NavBallDockingAlignmentIndic
NavHud
NavyFish
NearFutureConstruction
NearFutureElectrical
NearFutureLaunchVehicles
NearFutureProps
NearFuturePropulsion
NearFutureSolar
NearFutureSpacecraft
OPT
PersistentRotation
PlanetaryDomes
PlanetShine
PortraitStats
ProceduralFairings
ProceduralParts
QuantumStrutsContinued
RcsSounds
RealChute
RealPlume
RealPlume-Stock
ReCoupler
RecoveryController
RetractableLiftingSurface
SCANsat
scatterer
ShipManifest
ShowAllFuels
SmokeScreen
SpaceY-Lifters
Squad
Squidsoft
StageRecovery
StationPartsExpansion
StockVisualEnhancements
StretchySNTextures
SXT
TacFuelBalancer
TacSelfDestruct
TakeCommand
Targetron
ThrottleControlledAvionics
ThroughTheEyes
ToadicusTools
TokamakIndustries
Trajectories
TriggerTech
TweakScale
UbioWeldingLtd
UmbraSpaceIndustries
VanguardTechnologies
WaypointManager
Workshop

deltav.ksp
MechJebAndEngineerForAll.cfg
ModuleManager.2.8.1.dll
ModuleManager.ConfigCache
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree
stockEngineGimbalIncrease.cf
toolbar-settings.dat

You can just remove the dll for the docking nodes and leave the others if you want, it was designed that way

But, a log file can still be useful

13 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You can just remove the dll for the docking nodes and leave the others if you want, it was designed that way

But, a log file can still be useful

Thank you for quick response and the tip, I will certainly do that.  Just looked at the log again - nothing but loading messages for this mod, but here it is (from a crash as I did not have others stored, but that should not matter - crash is unrelated).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fs48g6m28adqm85/output_log.zip?dl=0

22 hours ago, LeoVLDM said:

Hello :)

Problems.
1. Installed ToadicusTools via CKAN is version 0.22.0.0, not version 0.22.1.0. Ok, I install from archive, not via CKAN.
2. Disabled Sun Direct not working for Solar Panels. Button in menu present and switches. For Thermal Panels is worked. 
:confused:

My logs is here. Please help.

Hello again.
Perhaps this is useful to someone.
I found a problem with solar panels. Almost incompatible mod - Kopernicus. After I deleted the SolarPanels.cfg file in this fashion, all the solar panels stopped tracking the sun :)

• 3 weeks later...

hey linux, does the toadicustools dll need to be in sub-folder when there is toadicustools continued dll as a separate download? because if not it would end up with 2 same dll's or do we need to download both? tweakable Everything and Toadicus tools continued

Edited by dtoxic

16 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You only need one dll of the tools

ok cool, thought so, just so you know toadicustools continued dll is not in the subfolder "plugins" so someone can install both by mistake and that would i think cause problems

hey linux, a question

Is it possible to implement into code or mm patch a feature so when you edit docking port ranges,force etc, that the settings would persist so there would be no need to do that again when building a new rocket.

On 10/16/2017 at 3:58 PM, dtoxic said:

hey linux, a question

Is it possible to implement into code or mm patch a feature so when you edit docking port ranges,force etc, that the settings would persist so there would be no need to do that again when building a new rocket.

No

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.