[1.12.x] Tweakable Everything Continued (replacement)

linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...

I've been going through all my non-updated mods testing them against 1.4.2, I apologise if I've been bothering you @linuxgurugamer!

Do you want 1.4.2 specific bugs raised as issues on Github, or would you rather we didn't while you're working on updating your gargantuan list of mods? :)

3 hours ago, Rohaq said:

I've been going through all my non-updated mods testing them against 1.4.2, I apologise if I've been bothering you @linuxgurugamer!

Do you want 1.4.2 specific bugs raised as issues on Github, or would you rather we didn't while you're working on updating your gargantuan list of mods? :)

Only raise 1.4.2 bugs if the mod has been updated for 1.4.2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2018 at 4:04 PM, Rohaq said:

So, does this work as-is on 1.4.2, or are there serious issues with it? I kinda miss the functionality this provides me... :( 

7 minutes ago, MaverickSawyer said:

So, does this work as-is on 1.4.2, or are there serious issues with it? I kinda miss the functionality this provides me... :( 

Did you even bother to read, oh, say, the post right above?

I don't know if it works on 1.4.2, I haven't updated it yet.  If you install it, you get no support

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Did you even bother to read, oh, say, the post right above?

I don't know if it works on 1.4.2, I haven't updated it yet.  If you install it, you get no support

I did. That's why I quoted the post I did: someone else has apparently already given it a shot, and I was wondering what the results were before I risk it myself. I have no intention of looking for support for a mod that hasn't been updated, nor will I ask when it will be updated. I know you have a lot of mods to update, and I respect the fact that you do so.

@linuxgurugamer

Hey :)

I'm getting a ridiculous amount of NullReferenceExceptions while starting the game. Happens in 1.4.1, 1.4.2 and 1.4.3. Here are the output_log files for every version (I dont know if there is a difference but I like to test a mod on different KSP versions before i start to complain^^): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mlcevgh65zw5u0w/AADhsJkOO9iO9wg85gHbukHda?dl=0

Also a bunch of vessels fails to load when I load my savegame, always telling me some dockingports are missing.

5 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Hmm. The latest version from SpaceDock causes a significant hit to my game load time. Like, 2-3 times the load time. Any ideas as to why that could be?

I downloaded the last version form github, and got this too. 45 minutes before I just quit and decided to go without it until I have time to tweak =P with it.

I'm using 1.4.1 MacOS.

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No idea. How about a log file?

My log file, at the time I quit the loading, was *HUGE*. Really huge. I will reinstall it on my KSP before going to bed and let the thing run all night long and see what we get.

3 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

I'm getting a ridiculous amount of NullReferenceExceptions while starting the game.

/me 2. And I'm guessing this is the reason it's taking so long to load. Exceptions make heavy use of the stack, that need to be cleaned before the program goes one after handling the exception.

In time, I'm using Module Manager 3.0.6 (latest from Sarbian's github). Is anyone with problems using a previous version? (a shoot in the dark, but... I would prefer not leaving the machine running all night!)

NRE spam would absolutely cause the issues I'm seeing, that's for sure...

Hrm. Now I need to go back through and see which of the mods I had installed earlier triggers the same reaction. I had about 5 that I dumped in at the same time, so I have some trial and error work.

I assume you installed this by hand, and not via CKAN.

You also need to install the ToadicusToolsContinued mod.  It used to be bundled, I've unbundled it.

Please install ToadicusToolsContinued and try again.

I didn't update the oP when I released this, will do so now

It appears that there still may be a problem with the TweakableDockingPort, but it's definitely much improved.

If you want to remove just the tweakabledockingports, then delete both the Plugins/TweakableDockingPort.dll and the ModuleManager/TweakableDockingPort.cfg files

I'll continue to look into this later.

Also, any significant reports would be appreciated.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Indeed, I didn't install ToadicusToolsContinued since it wasn't mentioned in the OP and I don't use CKAN.

Like you said, there is still a problem with the docking nodes but there are no more error messages showing up after removing the files.

I can provide another log with ToadicusToolsContinued + the new version of TweakableEverything incl. dockingnodes (just tested in 1.4.3 this time but I can do this for 1.4.2 and 1.4.1 if you want): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3quc34o43zlf7zo/AADTskh3Vgm97WYrX-za5IQJa?dl=0

Also, if there are any specific tests to do, I'm willing to help :)

On 4/28/2018 at 1:48 AM, 4x4cheesecake said:

@linuxgurugamer

Hey :)

I'm getting a ridiculous amount of NullReferenceExceptions while starting the game. Happens in 1.4.1, 1.4.2 and 1.4.3. Here are the output_log files for every version (I dont know if there is a difference but I like to test a mod on different KSP versions before i start to complain^^): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mlcevgh65zw5u0w/AADhsJkOO9iO9wg85gHbukHda?dl=0

Also a bunch of vessels fails to load when I load my savegame, always telling me some dockingports are missing.

I`ve had the same issue with the dockingports in the VAB. after i kicked themod out, i had my dockingports back

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.