[1.12.x] Tweakable Everything Continued (replacement)

linuxgurugamer

On 1/5/2019 at 8:17 PM, Anders Kerman said:

Just wondering, would actuation toggles on action groups be possible?

Like flying spaceplanes and after escaping the atmosphere you could deactivate control surface authority.

19 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't remember exactly what it's called, but there already is a mod to deactivate control surfaces when not in the atmosphere

Probably this one:

It enables/disables the control surfaces automatically or manually but not via action group (actually, I think this is even better^^)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2017 at 12:24 AM, Tau137 said:

@linuxgurugamer: Love this mod (mostly used it to cheat reaction wheels and engine gimbal limits), as well as other great work you do,

BUT

...most docking ports (stock) stop working at random.

I'm going to raise this again, as it just bit me again. Fresh craft, no docking or even docking port magnet. Remove Tweakable Everything and docking port functionality is restored.
I have had this problem before, more than once, and every time it's this mod.

I know I can remove the offending dll, but frankly it's something I and probably others are likely to forget to do. Not to mention that it will get back in there whenever the mod is updated, especially if one uses ckan.
Can we split this out or something? It's caused me nothing but grief for as long as I can remember. A big warning on the tin perhaps?

Edited by steve_v

Works for me, works on my phone, image even seems to embed in the post editor... Ahh, geoip based firewalling. You're not in NZ. Hang on a sec.
Image test for the hell of it:

preview

Ed. How 'bout now?

Edited by steve_v

Nope not working, image not visible.

Both links give this message:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from damnation.dnsalias.net (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID
Edited by BlackHat

10 minutes ago, BlackHat said:
NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

Sef-signed certificate, suck it up. If this was your internet banking site, you might be concerned. It's not.
That is one of the machines on my desk, and I don't see why I should need someone else to verify that I am who I say I am.

Edited by steve_v

26 minutes ago, steve_v said:

Works for me, works on my phone, image even seems to embed in the post editor... Ahh, geoip based firewalling. You're not in NZ. Hang on a sec.
Image test for the hell of it:

Ed. How 'bout now?

Yes, I see it.  Are those the regular docking ports? and, if it's not too modded, could you send me the save file as well?

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Are those the regular docking ports?

They are regular docking ports, modified with switchable textures by SSPXR. I have had this happen to me with the stock docking port Jr as well, though I expect they have the same patches applied.

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

if it's not too modded, could you send me the save file as well?

It's pretty well modded, you might not want it. Contents of gamedata:

Spoiler

000_ClickThroughBlocker
 000_KSPAPIExtensions
 000_KSPe.dll
 000_Toolbar
 001_ToolbarControl
 AntennaHelper
 AviationLights
 B9PartSwitch
 BetterTimeWarp
 BonVoyage
 CommunityCategoryKit
 CommunityResourcePack
 CommunityTechTree
 ContractConfigurator
 ContractPacks
 CriticalTemperatureGauge
 CryoEngines
 CryoTanks
 CustomBarnKit
 DecouplerShroud
 DeployableEngines
 DMagicOrbitalScience
 DynamicBatteryStorage
 EditorExtensionsRedux
 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
 EVAEnhancementsContinued
 EvaFuel
 FerramAerospaceResearch
 Firespitter
 FShangarExtender
 FuseboxContinued
 GPOSpeedFuelPump
 HeatControl
 HideEmptyTechTreeNodes
 JatwaaDemolitionsCo
 Jenyaza
 JFJohnny5
 KAS
 KeepItStraight
 KEI
 KerbalAtomics
 KerbalHacks
 KerbalHealth
 KerbalJointReinforcement
 KerbetrotterLtd
 KIS
 KramaxAutoPilot
 KSPRescuePodFix
 MechJeb2
 MemGraph
 Mk2Expansion
 ModularFlightIntegrator
 ModuleManager.3.1.3.dll
 ModuleManager.ConfigCache
 ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
 ModuleManager.Physics
 ModuleManager.TechTree
 NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicatorCE
 NearFutureConstruction
 NearFutureElectrical
 NearFutureLaunchVehicles
 NearFutureProps
 NearFutureSolar
 NearFutureSpacecraft
 OrbitalSurveyPlus
 PlanetaryBaseInc
 RCSBuildAid
 RealChute
 REPOSoftTech
 ScienceAlert
 Science_Revisited
 SensiblePumpsCont
 SpaceTuxIndustries
 StageRecovery
 StationPartsExpansionRedux
 StockVisualEnhancements
 Strategia
 SurfaceLights
 ThunderAerospace
 ToadicusTools
 Trajectories
 TriggerTech
 TrimIndicator
 TweakableEverything
 UniversalStorage2
 WaypointManager
 WorldStabilizer

I foolishly overwrote the quicksave after removing TweakableEverything to continue the mission I was working on, but I can put it back in and try docking with something if you still want a save.

18 minutes ago, steve_v said:

foolishly overwrote the quicksave after removing TweakableEverything to continue the mission I was working on, but I can put it back in and try docking with something if you still want a save

Yes. Please.  Also, if you installed most of the mods with CKAN, you can get me an export from clan of the installed mods, in a .ckan file, otherwise I'll work it by hand

35 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Yes. Please.

I just tried reproducing it, and I can't get it to happen. Murphy hard at work, twice in a row and now nothing.
I'll try again later and chuck you a save when I get the issue.

Edited by steve_v

2 hours ago, steve_v said:

I just tried reproducing it, and I can't get it to happen. Murphy hard at work, twice in a row and now nothing.

Of course it isn't going to  happen.  You are now actively TRYING to make it happen, so it won't :D

Just ping me when you do find and post a link

6 hours ago, steve_v said:

Well, I've been testing, and have been able to replicate it, but I need some info from you.

In the VAB, when  you right-click on the docking node, there are 8 sliders with the following information:

• Max Capture Roll Angle
  • Max Acquire Roll Angle
  • Unfocused Range
  • new Acquire Range
  • Acquire Force
  • Acquire Torque
  • Ejection force
  • Re-engage Distance

It wasn't working for me until I modified the roll Angle settings and the Acquire Force and Acquire Torque.  

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I need some info from you.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are after, do you mean me to confirm that modifying these values causes affected ports to work/not, or do you want the values from my game?
I don't believe I have modified or even looked at those sliders as yet, on any craft. I assumed the defaults to be at least close to stock behaviour, so I left them alone.

In case of the latter, here are the settings from the VAB on one of the the craft involved in my earlier docking failure. The other is identical, i.e. defaults.

Aside, I notice that GPOSpeed is applying a pump module here for some reason, that's something else I'll have to investigate.

Ed. This will be it:

// B9 fuel switch support
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch]:FINAL
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = GPOSpeedPump
	}
}

Time to go bug @hab136 about that...

Edited by steve_v

4 hours ago, steve_v said:

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are after, do you mean me to confirm that modifying these values causes affected ports to work/not, or do you want the values from my game?
I don't believe I have modified or even looked at those sliders as yet, on any craft. I assumed the defaults to be at least close to stock behaviour, so I left them alone.

In case of the latter, here are the settings from the VAB on one of the the craft involved in my earlier docking failure. The other is identical, i.e. defaults.

@steve_v

Here is a beta dll with a fix, please try it out:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dyuxthjpzdwm8u8/BetaTweakableDockingNode.zip?dl=0

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Found a curious entry into the log files while investigating two sequential crashes of KSP...

[LOG 15:13:06.208] System.Xml.XmlException handled while loading PluginData for type ModuleTweakableGimbal: do you have a malformed XML file?

Upon inspection of the config.xml file in the appropriate folder, I found it to be 1kb and completely blank. Is that normal, or did something happen to blank that file?

9 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Is that normal, or did something happen to blank that file?

When I check the config in my install, it's not empty:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config>
    <vector2 name="bounds">
        <x>-Infinity</x>
        <y>Infinity</y>
    </vector2>
    <double name="stepMult">1</double>
</config>

So, I guess something happend to your install. No idea what's going on there and reinstalling the mod would be the easiest solution, but out of curiousity: Are the other .xml files empty as well? There should be one in "TweakableDockingNode" and "TweakableReactionWheels".

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.