[1.12.x] Tweakable Everything Continued (replacement)

linuxgurugamer

On 5/6/2019 at 4:49 AM, Pointblank66 said:

Can anyone here explain to me the functions of Unfocused range and Re-engage range?

No idea about the first one, but reengage range is how far back you have to pull away before you can try to dock again after undocking.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@linuxgurugamer the TweakableEVA.dll adds double "thruster throttle" limiter, removing/renaming the dll removes both limiters,at first i thought that another mod adds this but i could not find any (maybe i am wrong)

both limiters need to be adjusted to say 15% so that the thruster would work at 15%

https://imgur.com/I8NATFW

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi @linuxgurugamer and everyone. I have this issues in 1.9.1.2788, with Making History 1.9.1 and Breaking Ground 1.4.1.

First of all I don't know why in CKAN, TweakableEverything Continued appears as max version 1.9.1 but still it appears as not compatible with my installation and it's not possible to install via CKAN. I don't know if it's something on your side.

Sencond and most importantly, now I downloaded and extracted tweakable everything 0.2.0.1 to GameData and the game gets stuck loading while saying "Verifying expansion: Breaking Ground SquadExpansion/Serenity", but above that bar it says "Mod(s) DLL that are not compatible with this version of KSP: TweakableDeployablePanels 0.2.0.1 GameData\TweakableEverything\Plugins\TweakableDeployablePanels.dll"

Pasting a part of ksp.log i think relevant:

<snip>

Anyone else has it? Is it a known issue? Thanks!

Edited by Geonovast
Large log snippet removed

10 hours ago, dronkit said:

First of all I don't know why in CKAN, TweakableEverything Continued appears as max version 1.9.1 but still it appears as not compatible with my installation and it's not possible to install via CKAN. I don't know if it's something on your side.

Sencond and most importantly, now I downloaded and extracted tweakable everything 0.2.0.1 to GameData and the game gets stuck loading while saying "Verifying expansion: Breaking Ground SquadExpansion/Serenity", but above that bar it says "Mod(s) DLL that are not compatible with this version of KSP: TweakableDeployablePanels 0.2.0.1

I dont need the log posted in chat.  Small snippits are fine, especially when linked to the full log.

There are a few mods that TE is not compatible with, which is why CKAN won’t allow you to install it.  Since you went ahead and installed it anyway, you are running into the incompatible issues

@dronkit, I have removed the large log snippet from your post.

Please upload your full log file to a file sharing site, such as Google Drive or Dropbox, and share the link for it in your post.

If you'd like, you can include a small portion of the log in your post, but please keep it fairly small.  Large blocks of text can interfere with page loads, specifically on mobile devices.

Thank you!

@Geonovast@linuxgurugamer Thanks for your responses and sorry for the mess. I think I figured it out. I forgot to install ToadicusToolsContinued and now the game starts ok altough ToadicusTools isn't compiled against 1.9.1. Play testing is pending. CKAN doesn't install TweakableEverything because the dependecy ToadicusTools isn't listed as compatible with 1.9.1.

Weird that TE throws exceptions ad locks when TT is missing instead of giving a message.

2 hours ago, dronkit said:

@Geonovast@linuxgurugamer Thanks for your responses and sorry for the mess. I think I figured it out. I forgot to install ToadicusToolsContinued and now the game starts ok altough ToadicusTools isn't compiled against 1.9.1. Play testing is pending. CKAN doesn't install TweakableEverything because the dependecy ToadicusTools isn't listed as compatible with 1.9.1.

Weird that TE throws exceptions ad locks when TT is missing instead of giving a message.

You need to tell CKAN that 1.8 mods are compatible with 1.9

• 3 months later...

With this, Squad's shielded docking ports can be opened and attached to in the VAB/SPH. Hooray!

https://github.com/SuicidalInsanity/Mk2Expansion/blob/master/Mk2Expansion/GameData/Mk2Expansion/Parts/Utility/DockingPort/part.cfg can't. It's not obvious to me why not, so I was wondering if anyone can shed any light on that. It would be very useful to modify this in order that TweakableEverything can let me attach to it in the VAB.

• 4 months later...

Has anyone tried this in 1.11 yet? I'd actually forgotten about this mod, but remembered it when I realized I couldn't tweak rover wheels in the way I used to. Will probably give it a try, but still worth asking just in casesomeone has tried it and its a no-go...

EDIT: Apparently I'd gotten this mod mixed up with Steering Tweaker for wheel tweaks, though for some reason I really feel like an older version of this mod allowed tweaking things like suspension since Steering Tweaker doesn't do that and I specifically remember being able to stiffen my rover's suspension settings...

EDIT2: I went ahead and tested the mod and the answer for KSP 1.11 is that is sort of works... There is an error message saying that "TweakableDeployablePanels.dll is not compatible with this version of KSP" and then the game hangs on a full loading screen bar and never makes it to the main menu. Renaming that DLL to .BAK allows the game to load to the main menu, and then the rest of the mod appears to work correctly, but there are many thousands of the following NRE in the log:

[EXC 19:51:56.587] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	TweakableEverything.ModuleTweakableDockingNode.FixedUpdate () (at <a73916ddc84c4aad97c4602d57fff7ce>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

@linuxgurugamer  sorry for the ping and I know its not super high on your list, but maybe you could add this to the bottom of your "Needs updated for KSP 1.11" list?

Logs

Edited by SpacedInvader

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2021 at 8:24 PM, SpacedInvader said:

EDIT2: I went ahead and tested the mod and the answer for KSP 1.11 is that is sort of works... There is an error message saying that "TweakableDeployablePanels.dll is not compatible with this version of KSP" and then the game hangs on a full loading screen bar and never makes it to the main menu. Renaming that DLL to .BAK allows the game to load to the main menu, and then the rest of the mod appears to work correctly, but there are many thousands of the following NRE in the log:

Hmmm.... I've had this in 1.11.2 for a bit now, and havent had the issue you describe. I havent fully tested out the mod tho...
Mae sure you have the latest Toadicus Tools dependency, also

• 6 months later...
On 10/16/2021 at 4:10 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.2.0.2

• Added AssemblyFileVersion
  • Updated version file for 1.12

When installing via CKAN, it automatically adds Toadicus Tools (not Toadicus Tools Continued) to install list, then it says:

"The following inconsistencies were found:
* TweakableEverythingCont 0.2.0.2 conflicts with ToadicusTools"

and aborts installation.

I had to install Toadicus Tools Continued manually (still via CKAN of course) to be able to install Tweakable Everything Continued - with TTC already installed, CKAN doesn't try to install its old version, so you won't notice there's a problem.

Edited by Krzysztof z Bagien

8 hours ago, Krzysztof z Bagien said:

When installing via CKAN, it automatically adds Toadicus Tools (not Toadicus Tools Continued) to install list, then it says:

"The following inconsistencies were found:
* TweakableEverythingCont 0.2.0.2 conflicts with ToadicusTools"

and aborts installation.

I had to install Toadicus Tools Continued manually (still via CKAN of course) to be able to install Tweakable Everything Continued - with TTC already installed, CKAN doesn't try to install its old version, so you won't notice there's a problem.

What version of the game are you installing on?

What levels of KSP Compatibility do you have set?

Try doing a refresh and doing it again

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

What version of the game are you installing on?

What levels of KSP Compatibility do you have set?

1.11 and 1.12

Try doing a refresh and doing it again

Tried that, even restarted CKAN and it was still the same.

Today I removed both TTC and TEC, and installed TEC again, just to see what would happen - and this time it correctly adds TTC. So I guess problem solved itself :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.