[1.12.x] Tweakable Everything Continued (replacement)

linuxgurugamer

This is a replacement thread for Tweakable Everything Continued.  So called because the original thread got lost.

The new version for KSP 1.4.1 has new dependencies

New Dependency

The Toadicus Tools Continued used to be bundled with this mod, but it's now been removed, and you have to install it as well.  If using CKAN, that will be done for you automatically.

Source code: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/TweakableEverything

Download:  http://spacedock.info/mod/1059/TweakableEverythingContinued

License:   BSD-3-Clause

Patreon.png

https://www.patreon.com/linuxgurugamer

TweakableEverything0.png

TweakableEverything2.png

TweakableEverything3.png

Ever wanted to open a shielded docking port in the editor, or start your ship with crossfeed disabled across your docking ports? Maybe adjust the ejection force of your decouplers, or open a solar panel? The poorly-named TweakableEverything exists to provide exactly such features. Shielded and lateral docking ports can be opened in the editor and fitted with other stackable parts. Decoupler ejection force can be tweaked, and solar panels can be opened in the editor. These options and more leverage the new Tweakables system for your fun and profit¹.

Featured Tweakables:

• Docking Port Decouple Staging Toggle
  • Docking Port Ejection Force Slider
  • Docking Port "Magnet" Force Slider
  • Docking Port "Magnet" Torque Slider
  • Docking Port Re-engage Distance Slider
  • Docking Port Shield Toggle
  • EVA Thruster Pack
  • Gimbal Range Slider
  • Gimbal Reverse Control Toggle
  • Intake Enable/Disable in Editor
  • Parachute Deployment Time Factor Sliders
  • Reaction Wheel Torque Sliders (Yaw, Pitch, Roll)
  • SAS Autopilot Upgrade Slider (Career mode only)
  • Solar Panel/Radiator Deployment Toggle
  • Solar Panel/Radiator Sun Tracking Toggle

Bonus Features:

• Docking port "Control from here" now available for use in action groups.
  • Resource flow enable/disable/toggle now available for use in action groups.
  • Gimbal "reverse control" available for use in action groups.

TweakableEverything is so named not because it makes everything tweakable (that would be ludicrous), but because it is Everything that I have made Tweakable. But, since you might not want all of it, I have broken things out into separate libraries. If, for example, you don't want TweakableSolarPanels, just delete TweakableSolarPanels.dll and TweakableSolarPanels.cfg from your TweakableEverything folder. I won't be offended -- promise!

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...
On 12/01/2017 at 10:24 AM, robson1000 said:

Ok, I post again.

With StockPartRevamp installed, TweakableDockingNode is removing top attach node from stock docking ports. Shielded docking port is not affected.

KSP.log

output_log.txt

MM Cache.rar

Hi!
Yep, I've got the same problem for every docking nodes on the VAB/SPH. When I deinstalled it, the problem disappeared... :/

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Did you deploy the docking node?  Even for the non-shielded ones, I think you need to deploy it

Hm, I can't, I haven't a button for it... I remarked that affect only mods, not stock... Maybe I did something wrong with my mods! :sealed: May I reinstall the mod and give you the log?

5 minutes ago, Space_nico said:

Hm, I can't, I haven't a button for it... I remarked that affect only mods, not stock... Maybe I did something wrong with my mods! :sealed: May I reinstall the mod and give you the log?

Right-click the docking port and see if there is a deploy (unless you did that already)

Logs are always useful and necessary

31 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Right-click the docking port and see if there is a deploy (unless you did that already)

Logs are always useful and necessary

Well, It's working now. May I have to pay more attention for the next time (and you gave me the solution :wink: ). I didn't notice that I have to turn on/off the docking lights... etc. Many thanks. :cool:

Also, I still give you my logs, maybe you could find something useful for the mod (maybe :D )...

Log ↓
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_fEvv93hbGjOG81QXlBeU14amc

Output log ↓
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_fEvv93hbGjNjNkU0V5T0EwVWc

On 1/12/2017 at 4:24 AM, robson1000 said:

Ok, I post again.

With StockPartRevamp installed, TweakableDockingNode is removing top attach node from stock docking ports. Shielded docking port is not affected.

KSP.log

output_log.txt

MM Cache.rar

Right-click the docking port and see if there is a deploy button (unless you did that already)

Logs are always useful and necessary (unless it works)

1 minute ago, Space_nico said:

Well, It's working now. May I have to pay more attention for the next time (and you gave me the solution :wink: ). I didn't notice that I have to turn on/off the docking lights... etc. Many thanks. :cool:

Also, I still give you my logs, maybe you could find something useful for the mod (maybe :D )...

Log ↓
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_fEvv93hbGjOG81QXlBeU14amc

Output log ↓
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_fEvv93hbGjNjNkU0V5T0EwVWc

Logs aren't necessary if it works and there aren't any exceptions.

Glad to hear it's working

48 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Right-click the docking port and see if there is a deploy button (unless you did that already)

Logs are always useful and necessary (unless it works)

Yes, deploying bumper is bringing back attach node, but if I launch ship builded in that way docking ports doesn't want to dock.

Tested with only StockPartRevamp, modulemanager and this mod.

I replace old logs with new one, use preview links.

Simple craft

quicksave

9 hours ago, robson1000 said:

Yes, deploying bumper is bringing back attach node, but if I launch ship builded in that way docking ports doesn't want to dock.

Tested with only StockPartRevamp, modulemanager and this mod.

I replace old logs with new one, use preview links.

Simple craft

quicksave

There is nothing wrong.

One of the things that Tweakable Docking Node adds is orientation.  The default is a 90 degree roll angle, but you can change that in the VAB.  With the sample  ship you posted, you need to do the following to dock:

1. Make sure there is a kerbal in each pod
  2. Turn on SAS
  3. Undock, back away
  4. Extend the bumpers on BOTH docking ports
  5. gently move forward until they are either touching, or very close.
  6. Gently rotate the vessel around the axis using small puffs on the Q and E keys.  After about a90 degrees, they will pull together, but will NOT join yet.
  7. Retract the bumpers on each docking node, after the 2nd is pulled in, they will dock

You can change the roll angles in the VAB

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

One of the things that Tweakable Docking Node adds is orientation.  The default is a 90 degree roll angle, but you can change that in the VAB.

Ok, I understand now.

Is there any way to disable this, or set by default like in stock?

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.1.19:

• Fixed TweakableDockingNode shield code to only activate on shielded ports, not all ports with animation
  • Added OPT docking ports

Were you able to resolve the attach node issues for the OPT parts?

Just FYI - there is a long-standing issue with TweakableEverything and TweakScale for some kinds of parts. For example, with TweakableEverything applied to reaction wheels, rescaling a wheel will change the torque settings to negative values (in the right-click menu in the editor). After launch, the wheel will provide torque, but I can't really tell how much (compared to normal). If you simply scale a 2.5m wheel (for example) really large, then launch without messing with the torque sliders, it will not provide torque commensurate with its (rescaled) size.

After scaling in the editor, you can then modify the values to give the part gobs o' torque, or whatever. However, after launching with a part that's been tweakscaled, returning to the VAB/SPH will result in a reset of the torque values to the range allowed by the unscaled version of the wheel.

I don't have any idea if this is a TweakableEverything issue, or a TweakScale issue, just thought it could be useful to describe! 

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

20 minutes ago, stali79 said:

@linuxgurugamer - you sir are a legend, thanks for resolving the conflict with the OPT attach nodes (both docking port and normal ones) Can now stop telling people to not use this mod because of the incompatability :)

While may not be an issue with OPT, there is an issue with Tweakscale and Tweakable Everything, currently not resolved.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.