[1.12.x] Tweakable Everything Continued (replacement)

linuxgurugamer

• 2 months later...

Look's like "TweakableSAS" is not working.

With sas autopilot set to 3 in VAB. When ship is launched, sas level is the same as in part cfg.

Spoiler

YNe69GH.jpg

9x3VdxE.png

KSP.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bulyeqw0zla9hni/KSP.log?dl=0

output_log.txt: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3pwa2buedsqicy4/output_log.txt?dl=0

Edited by robson1000

• 1 month later...

Here is a log, there are many logs but this log is quite popular, its gets around a bit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5sdzcbltobydaoj/saves for LoadingScreenManager.1.output_log.rar?dl=0

Inside is this little nugget:

Spoiler

InitializeTweakable<TweakableEverything.ModuleTweakableReactionWheel>: Got floatTweakable of type UI_Label, expected UI_FloatRange

Tiny, sort of sweet even. Probably harmless. But you know me by now, any chance of taking a look at this and making disappear?

On 7/26/2018 at 2:04 PM, robson1000 said:

Look's like "TweakableSAS" is not working.

With sas autopilot set to 3 in VAB. When ship is launched, sas level is the same as in part cfg.

Reveal hidden contents

YNe69GH.jpg

9x3VdxE.png

KSP.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bulyeqw0zla9hni/KSP.log?dl=0

output_log.txt: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3pwa2buedsqicy4/output_log.txt?dl=0

On 9/19/2018 at 1:34 PM, Apaseall said:

Here is a log, there are many logs but this log is quite popular, its gets around a bit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5sdzcbltobydaoj/saves for LoadingScreenManager.1.output_log.rar?dl=0

Hide contents

InitializeTweakable<TweakableEverything.ModuleTweakableReactionWheel>: Got floatTweakable of type UI_Label, expected UI_FloatRange

Tiny, sort of sweet even. Probably harmless. But you know me by now, any chance of taking a look at this and making disappear?

Can confirm that the current version of Tweakable Everything is having issues on its SAS module.

EDIT: Expanding the issue reports to include just about all adjustable/tweakable values being bugged, but not impacting gameplay. the SAS module, though is spamming NREs and locking up the game.

Edited by MaverickSawyer

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2018 at 4:34 PM, Apaseall said:

Hide contents

Finally got around to look at this.  It's not a bug, those fields are not tweakable outside of the editor

On 9/21/2018 at 1:27 PM, MaverickSawyer said:

Can confirm that the current version of Tweakable Everything is having issues on its SAS module.

EDIT: Expanding the issue reports to include just about all adjustable/tweakable values being bugged, but not impacting gameplay. the SAS module, though is spamming NREs and locking up the game

I'm looking into the SAS issues

@MaverickSawyer  Could you post a log file with the SAS NREs please

I wonder why those lines even appear in the log. I have spent a bit of time going through logs and that message is not one I am can say for sure I recall seeing. Thank you for taking the time to look at it. To me the message seems to be saying that the data type? is of the wrong sort.

2 minutes ago, Apaseall said:

I wonder why those lines even appear in the log. I have spent a bit of time going through logs and that message is not one I am can say for sure I recall seeing. Thank you for taking the time to look at it. To me the message seems to be saying that the data type? is of the wrong sort.

It's a lazy way to not have it work in flight.  Right now I'm looking to fix bugs, later I can think about reducing these messages.

But so far, I can't get SAS to fail

On 9/21/2018 at 1:27 PM, MaverickSawyer said:

EDIT: Expanding the issue reports to include just about all adjustable/tweakable values being bugged, but not impacting gameplay. the SAS module, though is spamming NREs and locking up the game.

This report is useless without a log file and more detailed information.  I've tested this in 1.4.3 and 1.4.5, it works fine in both.  Without any more information, I'm not going to spend any more time on this

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Fan777 said:

on version 1.51 with dlс MakingHistory
build missiles is not possible.
Crafts are also broken and do not click anywhere during construction.
no dlc - everything is fine

Well, let's see.  Hmmmm. Oh, I see.  The mod hasn't been updated for 1.5.1 yet

• 2 months later...

@linuxgurugamer, I know that you are still updating this to be 1.6 compatible, and am expecting it to be some time yet before it gets caught up, but I wanted to share something interesting I noticed...

Until I updated Making History from 1.5.1 to 1.6.0, I could run all modules of TE, albeit not functionally, without issue... so basically it ran okay on straight 1.6.0 without gamebreaking issues. Upon updating MH to 1.6.0, however, it promptly generated a significant number of NREs for the usual suspects: Docking and SAS.

The reason I mention this is

A. It may help you narrow down the cause(s), and

B. I'm extremely curious as to what exactly it is about the update to Making History would cause such an drastic behavior change?

Thanks in advance, and for all the work you do to maintain so many mods. You are truly a hero of the community.

3 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

@linuxgurugamer, I know that you are still updating this to be 1.6 compatible, and am expecting it to be some time yet before it gets caught up, but I wanted to share something interesting I noticed...

Until I updated Making History from 1.5.1 to 1.6.0, I could run all modules of TE, albeit not functionally, without issue... so basically it ran okay on straight 1.6.0 without gamebreaking issues. Upon updating MH to 1.6.0, however, it promptly generated a significant number of NREs for the usual suspects: Docking and SAS.

The reason I mention this is

A. It may help you narrow down the cause(s), and

B. I'm extremely curious as to what exactly it is about the update to Making History would cause such an drastic behavior change?

Thanks in advance, and for all the work you do to maintain so many mods. You are truly a hero of the community.

How about a log file?  and was it working at all?

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

How about a log file?  and was it working at all?

It wasn't working properly before I loaded MH, but it wasn't breaking the game, either. And I've removed the offending .dll's, so they're not in the log now. However, I'll try to get them back in and run a load of the game tomorrow to generate the log.

7 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

It wasn't working properly before I loaded MH, but it wasn't breaking the game, either. And I've removed the offending .dll's, so they're not in the log now. However, I'll try to get them back in and run a load of the game tomorrow to generate the log.

Ok.  And if you could specify some specific steps to replicate, I can see if a recompile would fix.

I can give you the steps right now, actually. Make sure you have MH 1.6.0 installed, then install Tweakable Everything and its dependencies. Launch game, then go to the VAB. Select a probe core, and attempt to attach any part to it. It should immediately generate an NRE spam storm that keeps the part from attaching AND deletes both attachment nodes that you tried to use.

3 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

I can give you the steps right now, actually. Make sure you have MH 1.6.0 installed, then install Tweakable Everything and its dependencies. Launch game, then go to the VAB. Select a probe core, and attempt to attach any part to it. It should immediately generate an NRE spam storm that keeps the part from attaching AND deletes both attachment nodes that you tried to use.

It works fine for me though. Next door in the support subforum, I've read a lot of corrupted gamefiles in the 1.6. download so you may want to reinstall the game and try it again.

I reinstalled the game numerous times trying to get MH 1.6.0 to install properly, and the NRE spam ended after I removed the offending .dll's.

Like I said last night, I'll be grabbing a log file later, after I get home from work. Hopefully that'll shed some light on the source of the issues.

@linuxgurugamer, do you want the entire log, or just excerpts of the NREs I get?

Hokay, finally got home, loaded back in the subject .dll's, and have run a load and followed the steps I found triggered the issue last time. A detailed review of the log reveals a missing dependency (ToadicusToolsContinued), so I'm going to try it again with the dependency installed and see if that clears things up.

It still doesn't explain why it's only NOW throwing a fit and breaking the game, so.... Hopefully things get improved? Duno. we'll see in a bit once I get the game loaded properly again. <_<

On 1/5/2019 at 2:17 PM, Anders Kerman said:

Just wondering, would actuation toggles on action groups be possible?

Like flying spaceplanes and after escaping the atmosphere you could deactivate control surface authority.

I don't remember exactly what it's called, but there already is a mod to deactivate control surfaces when not in the atmosphere

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.