[1.12.x] Tweakable Everything Continued (replacement)

linuxgurugamer

@linuxgurugamer hello   I'm having an issue with extreme lag and stutter in the VAB and SPH when trying to select parts and when trying to use the widgets.   For example when I try to select a part and move it I would have to leave the cursor on the part for at least 3 to 5 seconds before it detaches also when trying to use the widgets it does the same thing. I would have to  click and wait for the widget pop up for 3 to 5 seconds  moving or rotating any part causes  stutter.  When I install this through CKAN it also prompted me to install the Todashias tools  so now I am curious as to what the problem might be because I never had a stutter prior to installing these 2 mods. I would really appreciate any kind of input on how to solve this issue. And thank you very much for all your hard work I really appreciate your help.

I forgot to mention that I also have tweak scale and I don't know if that's causing the problem because I read earlier posts that those two mods don't play well together 

Edited by mechanicH

4 hours ago, mechanicH said:

@linuxgurugamer hello   I'm having an issue with extreme lag and stutter in the VAB and SPH when trying to select parts and when trying to use the widgets.   For example when I try to select a part and move it I would have to leave the cursor on the part for at least 3 to 5 seconds before it detaches also when trying to use the widgets it does the same thing. I would have to  click and wait for the widget pop up for 3 to 5 seconds  moving or rotating any part causes  stutter.  When I install this through CKAN it also prompted me to install the Todashias tools  so now I am curious as to what the problem might be because I never had a stutter prior to installing these 2 mods. I would really appreciate any kind of input on how to solve this issue. And thank you very much for all your hard work I really appreciate your help.

I forgot to mention that I also have tweak scale and I don't know if that's causing the problem because I read earlier posts that those two mods don't play well together 

Don't use both together.  I just added a conflict stanza to the CKAN entry because of this.

Toadisus tools is used by this mod (and VOID) only

Thanks @linuxgurugamer    Sorry to say I'll have to uninstall this one until it can play well with tweak scale. But I do hope you guys can figure out the problem and make it work.  This and tweak scale are the most useful mods in the whole game. Thanks to you and @pellinor for you hard work.  Let me know if you need me to test anything out. I would be more then happy to help and report back to you guys. 

Just now, mechanicH said:

Thanks @linuxgurugamer    Sorry to say I'll have to uninstall this one until it can play well with tweak scale. But I do hope you guys can figure out the problem and make it work.  This and tweak scale are the most useful mods in the whole game. Thanks to you and @pellinor for you hard work.  Let me know if you need me to test anything out. I would be more then happy to help and report back to you guys. 

No problems.  This is a long-standing problem, and most likely won't be fixed quickly.

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, baldamundo said:

Does setting it to zero disable gimballing completely? And if so, is it WAD that all engines seem to start with it set to zero?

My understanding is that it should.

Re. the starting with it set to zero, I'll have to do some investigation, not sure about that

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

My understanding is that it should.

Re. the starting with it set to zero, I'll have to do some investigation, not sure about that

Well that at least solves the mystery of why my Energia-Buran stack kept crashing :P

• 1 month later...
48 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

Sounds like one or the other need a complete refactor.  And that is a ton of work.  :(

It has to do with the fact that both mods are touching the same internal values, and don't know about each other.

Too much work for me right now.

Resource contention and concurrency are a pain to manage. especially between apps.  I still get the shakes when remembering all the C code we did with Shared Memory, Semaphores and pointers in K&R C on Unix back in the stone age.  Concurrency is a pain unless its a built in to the language and system like in Erlang/OTP (a real puzzle, but once you "get" it, its amazing the things you can do)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @linuxgurugamer! I see that TweakableEverything Continued version 0.1.20 is available in CKAN and in Spacedock and it claims to work in KSP 1.3.0. I have it installed via CKAN but it doesn't seem to work at all. No new buttons in the toolbar or new options right-clicking on parts in the VAB appear. Is it just me? I have 1.3.0 x64 in windows 7. Thanks!

33 minutes ago, dronkit said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer! I see that TweakableEverything Continued version 0.1.20 is available in CKAN and in Spacedock and it claims to work in KSP 1.3.0. I have it installed via CKAN but it doesn't seem to work at all. No new buttons in the toolbar or new options right-clicking on parts in the VAB appear. Is it just me? I have 1.3.0 x64 in windows 7. Thanks!

Log file please

53 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Log file please

Oh I'm so sorry! It works just fine!
I figured this mod allowed me to do other things such as changing the fuel type and amount of tanks, part size and so on! I was mistaken.

Cheers!

Hi LGG, thanks for making KSP so rad for all these years! It wouldn't be the same without your efforts - thank you!

I'm using Suicidal Insanity's Mk3 Stockalike Expansion mod which contains an excellent part, the "Mk3 Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port." The doors open up and the docking port slides out.

fOtSSVf.jpg

When using TweakableEverythingContinued 0.1.20 and Mk3 Stockalike Expansion mod together (and their dependencies) the attachment nodes stop working correctly.  If the part is Root, neither nodes allow a partner. If you start off with another root, you can connect the docking-port part to Root, but the other attach node won't accept a partner. Normally, I would check out the part.cfg and change the node_stack_top to 1.0 / node_stack_bottom to -1.0, but everything in the config looks correct: https://github.com/SuicidalInsanity/Mk3Expansion/blob/master/Mk3Expansion/Gamedata/Mk3Expansion/Parts/Utility/DockingPorts/inline.cfg

I ended up installing a new fresh version of KSP 1.3, running just the above mentioned mods on an otherwise stock install, and the problem persists. I went to Suicidal Insanity's thread and he's already told someone else who experienced the issue in April that it is a conflict with TweakableEverything, and to ask you, here.  Since that poster didn't, I figured I would give it a shot instead. 

On 4/20/2017 at 0:48 AM, SuicidalInsanity said:

@Jivali: Do you have TweakableEverything installed? If so, it's disabling the other node for some reason. Not sure what the workaround is, though; you'd have to ask in the TE thread.

Then I got to reading... and removed TweakableDockingNode.dll from the folder, and all the problems went away - along with my magnet sliders :(.  And then I got to reading and I guess you'd need to recompile that .dll with the part name for the Mk3 Expansion docking port. Sounds like an awful lot of work for you, but would you please provide some assistance?  Thanks again for all of your hard work and dedication to KSP!

While a pain, I only need to create a MM patch for the docking ports.

I'll release an update in a day or so, but for now, just copy this into a .cfg in the TweakableEverything folder and both docking ports should work.

// Following are from Mk3Expansion
@PART[M3X_InlineDockingPort]:AFTER[TweakableEverything]
{
	node_stack_tdn = 0, 0, -2.505, 0, 0, -1, 1

@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]
	{
		%startEventGUIName = Open Shield
		%endEventGUIName = Close Shield
	}

@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode]
	{
		%referenceAttachNode = tdn
	}

@MODULE[ModuleTweakableDockingNode]
	{
		TDNnodeName = tdn
		AlwaysAllowStack = True
		deployAnimationControllerName = dockingPortDeploy
	}
}
@PART[M3X_StackDockingPort]:AFTER[TweakableEverything]
{
	node_stack_tdn = 0, 2.93, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1

@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]
	{
		%startEventGUIName = Open Shield
		%endEventGUIName = Close Shield
	}

@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode]
	{
		%referenceAttachNode = tdn
	}

@MODULE[ModuleTweakableDockingNode]
	{
		TDNnodeName = tdn
		AlwaysAllowStack = True
		deployAnimationControllerName = dockingPortDeploy
	}
}

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks!

@linuxgurugamer, this may sound strange, but is there a way to avoid automatically upgrading SAS on the probe cores? I mean, I don't mind being able to upgrading them manually (via tweakables), but I think new OKTOs being as controllable as HECS automatically unbalances the game...

What can I do to mantain the option to tweak them but keep them with stock functions by default?

11 minutes ago, jlcarneiro said:

Thanks!

@linuxgurugamer, this may sound strange, but is there a way to avoid automatically upgrading SAS on the probe cores? I mean, I don't mind being able to upgrading them manually (via tweakables), but I think new OKTOs being as controllable as HECS automatically unbalances the game...

What can I do to mantain the option to tweak them but keep them with stock functions by default?

I don't know, but the following thread is a better place to find something like this:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.