[1.12.x] Tarsier Space Technology with Galaxies (V7.13) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

4 hours ago, LosWashos said:

Hello everyone,

I got a problem with the mod. I just started a new run with the latest KSP Version and used an older release of the mod. I started a probe with the telescope on it but when I tried to open it, nothing happened. Then I installed the latest version of the mod, started the old save-file where i put the probe in space and now there isn't even the option to open the telescope. I think I installed everything correctly (not new to using mods) but can't figure out my mistake. The save is in carreer mode. I use a lot of other mods, non of them ever conflicted to this mod.

Does anyone have the same issue or know a way to help me?

I don't have this issue but here are some troubleshooting techniques for you to try.  I'm no expert but sometimes updating a mod mid-game can cause problems.

1. If you launch the same scope a second time, does it exhibit the same problem?
  2. Start a new sandbox save and try to reproduce the problem.
  3. Create a new game with a fresh download of KSP and the TST mod.  Does the problem reoccur?

Also, read this thread and post links to your output_log.  There may be something in the file that explains the problem

• 3 weeks later...

My bodies/galaxy list appears empty. I am not using research bodies mod.....so I don't believe it is because I haven't discovered them yet.

I am able to focus view on planets and take pictures of them and get science. I just don't have anything on the target list.

When it says you can take pictures of "distant galaxies," do you mean the skybox?

Any suggestions? Sorry I don't have an output log for this....I just figured you could tell me if there was something I needed to enable in a file somewhere to make the targets show up in the target list properly......

Oh I am also using James Webb and have Tripple-Z telescope, in case that matters somehow.

Do I have to add the stuff in that galaxies folder to Texture Replacer or something to get those to appear, or are they there, but I don't see them because they are far away? Do texture mods mess this up.....LIke EVE or Astronomer's Visual Enhancements? Do I need Kopernicus to get them to appear? (I just started using a visual mod, so I also just started using Kopernicus, would NOT having Kopernicus installed make them not appear?)

Edited by JoE Smash

2 hours ago, JoE Smash said:

My bodies/galaxy list appears empty. I am not using research bodies mod.....so I don't believe it is because I haven't discovered them yet.

I am able to focus view on planets and take pictures of them and get science. I just don't have anything on the target list.

When it says you can take pictures of "distant galaxies," do you mean the skybox?

Any suggestions? Sorry I don't have an output log for this....I just figured you could tell me if there was something I needed to enable in a file somewhere to make the targets show up in the target list properly......

Oh I am also using James Webb and have Tripple-Z telescope, in case that matters somehow.

Do I have to add the stuff in that galaxies folder to Texture Replacer or something to get those to appear, or are they there, but I don't see them because they are far away? Do texture mods mess this up.....LIke EVE or Astronomer's Visual Enhancements? Do I need Kopernicus to get them to appear? (I just started using a visual mod, so I also just started using Kopernicus, would NOT having Kopernicus installed make them not appear?)

No there are 8 galaxies in the mod.
As to the reason you don't see anything... I can't answer that. because:
a) No info supplied about what configuration of mods you are running.
b) No info about what versions you are running.
c) NO LOGS. No logs = No Support.

22 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

No there are 8 galaxies in the mod.
As to the reason you don't see anything... I can't answer that. because:
a) No info supplied about what configuration of mods you are running.
b) No info about what versions you are running.
c) NO LOGS. No logs = No Support.

Ok thanks! I'll just go back to helping people in the technical support thread....

Edited by JoE Smash

1 hour ago, JPLRepo said:

I am not following. You don't want help?

I do. I don't think I have any current logs. I was trying to get help with old issues before I start my game up again.

I deleted everything for the third time in a month in an effort to fix everything. I just got everything reinstalled again, but I haven't actually launched the game yet.

I've developed Kerbal Space Program launch anxiety. I think I might coin that as a new psychological disorder I seem to have acquired about a week ago. I'm afraid to start my game up again. I'm afraid I might have missed a mod that had parts one of my vessels needed. Or Moho will have a big brown dust cloud around it. Or EVE will look pink and washed out. Or my game will crash repeatedly. Or I'll have a memory leak....Or countless other possible issues I have encountered over the last month.

If I get logs I guess I'll zip them and put a link up if I ever start up the game again.

I was hoping the planets and galaxies not appearing on the list was an issue you had encountered previously and had a fix that you told someone other than me already.

Guess not.

• 1 month later...

I know this might be a bit ambitious, and straight up not possible, but is it at all possible to make locations in the telescopes appear and load as they would if you were in physics range? i.e. If I zoom in on a craft I have orbiting another planet it would load in the camera box. Or say trying to take satellite images of a Mun base on the surface textures and craft files actually appear. I haven't messed with unity at all but would it be possible to make the zoom slider send an untextured probe with out a collision mesh with a camera attached to report the image back to the window? Or would it not be possible within the engine to do such a thing without crashing from having it load to many variables at once?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2018 at 7:04 PM, JoE Smash said:

Hello, I'm having the same kind of issue where my galaxies list is empty (the bodies list is fine though).

I've tried on a fresh game on the same KSP install and the galaxies list is working fine. I've also tried to create a new basic craft (probe core + telescope) on my current savefile but it wouldn't work either. As far as I could try to find the cause of the issue, it seems tied to my current savefile (currently orbiting telescope is called "James Kerman Space Telescope", but any new craft with a telescope would show the same behavior).

Here are links to the logfile and savefile.

That savefile went through a lot (1.2.2, 1.3.1, 1.4.5 and countless mods) so, that's not a big deal but if any report can help, here's mine. Thanks for keeping this great mod alive !

Edited by Benja

• 2 weeks later...

@JPLRepoI'm getting the:

• TST AppLauncher Icon appearing in map view even when active vessel has no TST parts.
  • TST icon showing sometimes when it shouldn't (Tracking Station, In Flight Map mode, when active vessel has no TST parts on it).

I'm using Toolbar Continued and Toolbar Control.

Also, there is no TST setting in game to force TST to use Blizzy Toolbar.

Logs

Edited by therealcrow999

Repo, many thanks for the mod. Would it be possible to create a config for compatibility with Kerbalism, whereby it takes the HardDrive that Kerbalism implements into all the Command Pods and changed its storage from infinite to some reasonable value like 50 Mits?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2018 at 1:05 PM, Angel-125 said:

@JPLRepo Thanks for your hard work on the Tarsier mod! I'm able to do this:

2Uype0J.png

Now I should figure out how to integrate the observatory with Research Bodies...

And figure out USI construction costs, and some mission to establish an observatory on the Mun ;)

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2018 at 6:47 AM, Eriksonn said:

I seem to have found a small problem. When looking at any planet it seems to use the sun direction that comes to your ship. so when looking next to the sun at jool i see only night at jool, when it should be full day there.

Notice in the image that jool has the same Crescent shape as the Mun. Same thing happens with Duna.

I'm using this mod with ResearchBodies to play my first OPM game, and it makes things much more fun, so thank you for developing it!

I have noticed, though, that it has the issue Eriksonn described. The telescope is not viewing all the planets from the correct vector, and some are in different amounts of sun than they should be.

Steps to Reproduce:
Start a new Sandbox game in 1.6.1 with Outer Planets Mod and put a craft with a Deep Space Telescope into Kerbin orbit. View all the planets through the scope.

As can be seen from the picture, Moho and Eve should be crescents, and all the rest of the planets should be close to full.  In actuality, Moho and Eve are crescents, but so are Duna, Jool, and Plock. Worse, Sarnus, Urlum, and Neidon are back-lit.

Spoiler

Day1PlanetPositions.jpgNeidonNightSideFromKerbin.jpg

(It seems the screenshot I took of Neidon being back-lit is from when I was first investigating the problem from my main save and not from when I reproduced in the Sandbox game on Day 1, but the point remains.)

Now warp ahead half a Kerbin year (I went to year 1 day 161), so that Kerbin is on the same side of the sun as all the outer planets but Dres. Now Moho, which is on the opposite side of the sun and thus should be full, is in complete darkness. Eve is a crescent as expected. Duna, which should be gibbous, is half-lit. Jool & Dres should be near-full but are crescents. Sarnus and Plock are full as expected, but Neidon is half-lit.

I looked through the mod's code to see if I could find the calculation but I didn't see it. The problem might actually be in the main game code, as without a telescope you'd never see a planet from the opposite side of the sun.

• 2 months later...
On 1/27/2019 at 5:34 AM, MrSystems said:

I'm using this mod with ResearchBodies to play my first OPM game, and it makes things much more fun, so thank you for developing it!

I have noticed, though, that it has the issue Eriksonn described. The telescope is not viewing all the planets from the correct vector, and some are in different amounts of sun than they should be.

Steps to Reproduce:
Start a new Sandbox game in 1.6.1 with Outer Planets Mod and put a craft with a Deep Space Telescope into Kerbin orbit. View all the planets through the scope.

As can be seen from the picture, Moho and Eve should be crescents, and all the rest of the planets should be close to full.  In actuality, Moho and Eve are crescents, but so are Duna, Jool, and Plock. Worse, Sarnus, Urlum, and Neidon are back-lit.

Reveal hidden contents

Now warp ahead half a Kerbin year (I went to year 1 day 161), so that Kerbin is on the same side of the sun as all the outer planets but Dres. Now Moho, which is on the opposite side of the sun and thus should be full, is in complete darkness. Eve is a crescent as expected. Duna, which should be gibbous, is half-lit. Jool & Dres should be near-full but are crescents. Sarnus and Plock are full as expected, but Neidon is half-lit.

I looked through the mod's code to see if I could find the calculation but I didn't see it. The problem might actually be in the main game code, as without a telescope you'd never see a planet from the opposite side of the sun.

Very Nice find. Thanks for pointing that out.. I can't believe in all these years i've been doing this mod.. that was never noticed by anyone.. that I can recall.

I'm working on a fix... which I think I've got 95% done. So I'll release that fix along with an update for 1.7 in the next week.

Edit: there’s also a problem with this mod in 1.7 which means the UI window for the telescope and chemical are broken. So I’ll try to get the update out as soon as I can in the next few days.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

Any Idea why I can't open any photo window for Space Telescope and Chemcam

I used the mod very well on my probe after launch in orbit.

I saved my game, came back a few hours later and I can't use them anymore. each time I open them, there's no more windows for both to take photos. 

I use the last version on KSP 1.7.0

Here is my log to download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mznl2vx4ljt104i/KSP log.rtf?dl=0

Thank you to answer if possible

• 1 month later...

1.7.2 BG  Whenever Deployed Science experiments return science TST throws exceptions.

KSP.LOG

Spoiler

[LOG 12:38:15.342] [DeployedScience]: Calculating Science for Cluster 1714262089 on Mun. Last Update:57d, 3h Current Time:57d, 3h Time Diff:60.0000000558794 TimeWarpRate:1
[LOG 12:38:15.345] [Research & Development]: +4.605019 data on Surface Deployed Mystery Goo Observations from The Mun's surface. 17 Science added. Subject value is 1.00
[ERR 12:38:15.349] Exception handling event OnScienceRecieved in class TSTScienceParam:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at TarsierSpaceTech.TSTScienceParam.OnScienceData (Single amount, .ScienceSubject subject, .ProtoVessel vessel, Boolean notsure) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EventData`4[System.Single,ScienceSubject,ProtoVessel,System.Boolean].Fire (Single data0, .ScienceSubject data1, .ProtoVessel data2, Boolean data3) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[EXC 12:38:15.351] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
        TarsierSpaceTech.TSTScienceParam.OnScienceData (Single amount, .ScienceSubject subject, .ProtoVessel vessel, Boolean notsure)
        EventData`4[System.Single,ScienceSubject,ProtoVessel,System.Boolean].Fire (Single data0, .ScienceSubject data1, .ProtoVessel data2, Boolean data3)
        UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
        EventData`4:Fire(Single, ScienceSubject, ProtoVessel, Boolean)
        ResearchAndDevelopment:SubmitScienceData(Single, Single, ScienceSubject, Single, ProtoVessel, Boolean)
        ResearchAndDevelopment:SubmitScienceData(Single, ScienceSubject, Single, ProtoVessel, Boolean)
        Expansions.Serenity.DeployedScience.Runtime.DeployedScienceExperiment:SendDataToComms()
        Expansions.Serenity.DeployedScience.Runtime.<UpdateScience>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
        UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
        Expansions.Serenity.DeployedScience.Runtime.DeployedScience:FixedUpdate()
[LOG 12:38:15.354] [DeployedScienceExperiment]: Surface Deployed Mystery Goo Observations from The Mun's surface has generated and successfully transmitted 16.578 Science points back to Kerbin
[LOG 12:38:15.354] [DeployedScienceExperiment]: scienceGenerated:16.57807 by RnD not equal what we expect:18.42008

12 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

1.7.2 BG  Whenever Deployed Science experiments return science TST throws exceptions. 

KSP.LOG

Hide contents

[LOG 12:38:15.342] [DeployedScience]: Calculating Science for Cluster 1714262089 on Mun. Last Update:57d, 3h Current Time:57d, 3h Time Diff:60.0000000558794 TimeWarpRate:1
[LOG 12:38:15.345] [Research & Development]: +4.605019 data on Surface Deployed Mystery Goo Observations from The Mun's surface. 17 Science added. Subject value is 1.00
[ERR 12:38:15.349] Exception handling event OnScienceRecieved in class TSTScienceParam:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at TarsierSpaceTech.TSTScienceParam.OnScienceData (Single amount, .ScienceSubject subject, .ProtoVessel vessel, Boolean notsure) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EventData`4[System.Single,ScienceSubject,ProtoVessel,System.Boolean].Fire (Single data0, .ScienceSubject data1, .ProtoVessel data2, Boolean data3) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[EXC 12:38:15.351] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
        TarsierSpaceTech.TSTScienceParam.OnScienceData (Single amount, .ScienceSubject subject, .ProtoVessel vessel, Boolean notsure)
        EventData`4[System.Single,ScienceSubject,ProtoVessel,System.Boolean].Fire (Single data0, .ScienceSubject data1, .ProtoVessel data2, Boolean data3)
        UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
        EventData`4:Fire(Single, ScienceSubject, ProtoVessel, Boolean)
        ResearchAndDevelopment:SubmitScienceData(Single, Single, ScienceSubject, Single, ProtoVessel, Boolean)
        ResearchAndDevelopment:SubmitScienceData(Single, ScienceSubject, Single, ProtoVessel, Boolean)
        Expansions.Serenity.DeployedScience.Runtime.DeployedScienceExperiment:SendDataToComms()
        Expansions.Serenity.DeployedScience.Runtime.<UpdateScience>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
        UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
        Expansions.Serenity.DeployedScience.Runtime.DeployedScience:FixedUpdate()
[LOG 12:38:15.354] [DeployedScienceExperiment]: Surface Deployed Mystery Goo Observations from The Mun's surface has generated and successfully transmitted 16.578 Science points back to Kerbin
[LOG 12:38:15.354] [DeployedScienceExperiment]: scienceGenerated:16.57807 by RnD not equal what we expect:18.42008

Thanks for that. I'll try to get a fix out in the next few days.

@JPLRepo If you happen to have some free time in the next couple of years, the ChemCam contracts could use a little polishing. The contract information is a bit cryptic. I have an active contract that all it says is:

Analyse the surface composition of Kerbin

Transmit or Recover the Science Data

It could use a little more supporting information like which science instrument and a location.

Peaking in the persistence.sfs. I have a contract that doesn't match up to any of my other contracts, so I assumed it was for this one. I was surprised there wasn't a .cfg file for Contract Configurator, so I ended downloading your source code to confirm the strings above were generated by this mod. I'm assume Baikerbanur is the location, so I've got Bon Voyage sending a rover there.

Spoiler

CONTRACT
            {
                guid = 20db22d6-6fd3-47e8-8066-9e742206231d
                type = TSTChemCamContract
                prestige = 0
                seed = 322903931
                state = Active
                viewed = Read
                agent = Tarsier Space Technology
                agentName = Tarsier Space Technology
                deadlineType = None
                expiryType = None
                values = 0,0,6750,9359.99965667725,7019.99974250793,18,31.53846,0,0,1410288.9733004,0,0
                target = Kerbin
                biome = Baikerbanur
                PARAM
                {
                    name = TSTScienceParam
                    state = Incomplete
                    values = 0,0,0,0,0
                    FIELD = TarsierSpaceTech.ChemCam
                    FIELD = Kerbin
                    FIELD = Baikerbanur
                }
            }

On 6/22/2019 at 5:42 AM, Tonka Crash said:

@JPLRepo If you happen to have some free time in the next couple of years, the ChemCam contracts could use a little polishing. The contract information is a bit cryptic. I have an active contract that all it says is:

It could use a little more supporting information like which science instrument and a location.

Peaking in the persistence.sfs. I have a contract that doesn't match up to any of my other contracts, so I assumed it was for this one. I was surprised there wasn't a .cfg file for Contract Configurator, so I ended downloading your source code to confirm the strings above were generated by this mod. I'm assume Baikerbanur is the location, so I've got Bon Voyage sending a rover there.

Reveal hidden contents

It doesn't have Contract Configurator cfg because this mod is not reliant on that mod. Nor do I intend it to be at this stage.

But I think this is what you're after:

2019-06-23 09_39_31.png

2 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

It doesn't have Contract Configurator cfg because this mod is not reliant on that mod. Nor do I intend it to be at this stage.

But I think this is what you're after:

2019-06-23 09_39_31.png

Yes, exactly. What I'm seeing now does not have the Note. Using Contract Configurator doesn't matter to me, it's just rare to run across mods that handle contracts without it.

On 5/14/2019 at 8:39 AM, gilflo said:

Hello

Any Idea why I can't open any photo window for Space Telescope and Chemcam

I used the mod very well on my probe after launch in orbit.

I saved my game, came back a few hours later and I can't use them anymore. each time I open them, there's no more windows for both to take photos. 

I use the last version on KSP 1.7.0

Here is my log to download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mznl2vx4ljt104i/KSP log.rtf?dl=0

Thank you to answer if possible

I see lots of errors.. but non are related to this mod. So from what I can see in your log... there's no errors being thrown by this mod.

Version 7.7 published fixes a couple of things. Works in KSP 1.7.2

Re-compile for KSP 1.7.2 (include required code changes).
Fixed NRE on experiment science return in 1.7.2.
Added contract synopsis text to contract notes that will now show in the stock contracts app.
Fixed game settings not applying correct in-game when changed.