[1.12.x] Tarsier Space Technology with Galaxies (V7.13) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, just trying out this mod. Question ... should a celestial body show in the telescope display when this mod is used without ResearchBodies? (see image)

I'm purposefully not submitting a log, I don't need that much help yet. Just curious about features so I can start debugging on my own, if needed. (I have DOE installed, and this is JNSQ)

Spoiler

Iz6zeX4.png

12 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Hello, just trying out this mod. Question ... should a celestial body show in the telescope display when this mod is used without ResearchBodies? (see image)

I'm purposefully not submitting a log, I don't need that much help yet. Just curious about features so I can start debugging on my own, if needed. (I have DOE installed, and this is JNSQ)

Reveal hidden contents

yes it should. and if used together it will trigger a discovery of that celestial body if not already found before.
They will also appear foggy initially, and gradually become clearer as you research them more in the research bodies mod.

• 3 months later...

Hey, I'm wondering whether it's just a problem on my end, or whether it's a known bug, that when looking through the space telescopes planets on the opposite side of the sun show up like they're being lit from the wrong side. If it's just on my end, how can I fix this?

Edited by PlaybyPlay225

17 hours ago, PlaybyPlay225 said:

Hey, I'm wondering whether it's just a problem on my end, or whether it's a known bug, that when looking through the space telescopes planets on the opposite side of the sun show up like they're being lit from the wrong side. If it's just on my end, how can I fix this?

I already have a fix for this. Just haven't published it yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Having a problem completing a contract which includes the ChemCam. I did everything required and recovered the vessel but the contract didn't complete, so I went all the way back with a fresh vessel and tried transmitting instead. Didn't complete either.

I am running a lot of mods which could potentially brake something, I suppose, but wanted to ask here in case I am doing something wrong.

98f3666df3.jpg

Edited by Kill3rCat

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there! Enjoying the mod but was curious if there were were some known issues with it and the Distant Object Enhancement mod? I have noticed that DOE flares work with Research Bodies scope but those flares are not visible when using vessel with Tarsier scopes.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2021 at 1:03 AM, Kill3rCat said:

Having a problem completing a contract which includes the ChemCam. I did everything required and recovered the vessel but the contract didn't complete, so I went all the way back with a fresh vessel and tried transmitting instead. Didn't complete either.

I am running a lot of mods which could potentially brake something, I suppose, but wanted to ask here in case I am doing something wrong.

98f3666df3.jpg

That contract is not one from this mod. So can't advise you there.

On 6/17/2021 at 2:49 AM, MalivoCZ said:

Hello, I have downloaded this mod about week ago, and today when I started to play KSP the gui of those "cameras and telescopes" is not showing. Does anybody know what to do with it? ( It was working yesterday...)

No Logs. No support.

On 6/20/2021 at 4:12 PM, Heyo!! said:

Hey there! Enjoying the mod but was curious if there were were some known issues with it and the Distant Object Enhancement mod? I have noticed that DOE flares work with Research Bodies scope but those flares are not visible when using vessel with Tarsier scopes.

Not that I'm aware of. But will check it out for the 1.12.x update of this mod.

Thank you for this nice mod! I just completed my first contract with it and enjoyed using the telescope to look at distant bodies.

I have a question, though, is there a way to find out, maybe from the mod files, what is the data size generated by each experiment from the devices in this mod? There's a list with the data sizes of the default experiments in the Wiki, which helps to calculate how much electricity will be required to transmit them to Kerbin. It's not nice to send a probe far away just to realize that you have not added enough batteries to allow it to transmit the results of the experiments. ;.;

I guess I'm looking for a method to find these numbers not only for this mod, but for the other science mods too.  :wink:

Edited by conao

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2021 at 1:42 AM, conao said:

Thank you for this nice mod! I just completed my first contract with it and enjoyed using the telescope to look at distant bodies.

I have a question, though, is there a way to find out, maybe from the mod files, what is the data size generated by each experiment from the devices in this mod? There's a list with the data sizes of the default experiments in the Wiki, which helps to calculate how much electricity will be required to transmit them to Kerbin. It's not nice to send a probe far away just to realize that you have not added enough batteries to allow it to transmit the results of the experiments. ;.;

I guess I'm looking for a method to find these numbers not only for this mod, but for the other science mods too.  :wink:

This is the same for all experiments in KSP.

The data size is the baseValue * dataScale as defined in the science experiment definition cfg file.

8 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

This is the same for all experiments in KSP.

The data size is the baseValue * dataScale as defined in the science experiment definition cfg file.

Thanks a lot! Not that I knew where to find this cfg file, but some clicking around and I guess I found it in the ScienceDefs.cfg file under Resources.  

Now I can add these values to my spreadsheets.  :wink:

5 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Do you recommend updating to this build if we are still on KSP 1.11.2? Also, thank you for continuing to update this!

CKAN reports the compatible KSP game versions for Tarsier v1.7.13 (the latest) as 1.12.x.  You could test it out on a KSP 1.11.x game but don't use your real save ; use a clean copy to be safe.