[1.12.x] Tarsier Space Technology with Galaxies (V7.13) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

17 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Because when this mod was made, the stock KSP science containers couldn't do what they do now. Believe most of the functionality as you have pintyed out was added with KSP 1.2. Before that they were much more limited. Hence this mods containers were superior.

Thank you for responding so quickly.  I understand then.  Almost feels like a shame. The limitations on data storage (requiring electric charge, and finite capacity) make for some interesting gameplay decisions.  Hm... perhaps one rebalance to make them more enticing would be to have the hard-drives circumvent the need to conduct repeated experiments in the same biomes? i.e., for any given experiment, it first checks whether or not the data gathered would be enough to get all the science value for that experiment (if recovered) - if it would not, then either give a percent bonus data, or simply give full data.  That way, it'd be more 'efficient' to store data on hard-drives, rather than having a couple experiment storage units doing 'collect all' and spamming the experiments. Idk; maybe that's a bit too powerful a bonus (particularly for non-resettable experiments); but considering you'd still need to conduct those experiments separately per biome, I feel it wouldn't break the game too much. (I'm looking at you, gravity scans... [for some planets/biomes, it  can take 4+ scans to get full science value])

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone! Been getting back into KSP after a few years of hiatus and started running on the latest version with this mod installed! One thing that i normally do just for personal preference is max out the science collection rate, meaning i get 100% of the value the first time i do the experiment and dont need to repeatedly transmit a pressure reading as an example. I tried to manually edit my mod files to reflect this, but i was unable to eliminate the penalty. I changed the base value to match the science cap in the experiment definition, and havent been able to find any other place this is edited. Was hoping someone could point me towards the correct value! :D 

EDIT: Specific thing i was messing with was the space telescope, but adjusting it for the chemcam would help too lol!

Edited by Kepler68

On 3/11/2022 at 6:41 PM, Kepler68 said:

Hello everyone! Been getting back into KSP after a few years of hiatus and started running on the latest version with this mod installed! One thing that i normally do just for personal preference is max out the science collection rate, meaning i get 100% of the value the first time i do the experiment and dont need to repeatedly transmit a pressure reading as an example. I tried to manually edit my mod files to reflect this, but i was unable to eliminate the penalty. I changed the base value to match the science cap in the experiment definition, and havent been able to find any other place this is edited. Was hoping someone could point me towards the correct value! :D 

EDIT: Specific thing i was messing with was the space telescope, but adjusting it for the chemcam would help too lol!

Update: Full size one did change, guessing it's intentionally coded to have the small one give sub-full data lol!

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/24/2021 at 4:22 PM, Tonas1997 said:

What's the default name for the deploy animation? I'm making a compatibility patch for Kerbalism and I need the animation name for the advanced space telescope.

Hey @Tonas1997,

Did you have success with the Kerbalism patches?

And if yes, may there be a chance that this mod will work with Kerbalism, too?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 6:07 AM, Connor Gorski said:

If anyone is having issues with TST not working, the latest version  of scatterer (0.0834) broke the zoom in function.  Reverting back to scatterer  0.0831 will fix it.

Yes, same here. I came here to ask the same question, but I didn't know it was Scattered causing it. Thanks for the tip. I hope the modders can fix it in one or the other mods.

• 1 month later...

Just confirming I'm encountering this as well.  Zoom appears to only affect the skybox, providing a "fisheye"/parallax kind of effect as one might expect, but objects are not zoomed at all (added "Distant Object Enhancement" to see if that might help, and it had no effect on the zoom, though it did make objects appear at all where they didn't without it).  Science and contract credit IS still awarded if you aim for the target indicator and get the zoom right, but it's largely guesswork, for obvious reasons.

Full mod list:

[x] Science! Continued (xScienceContinued 6.0.0.9)
ABookCase Orbital Reference System (ABCORS 0.5.1.5)
Advanced Fly-By-Wire (Windows) (AdvancedFlyByWire 1.8.3.6)
Alarm Enhancements (AlarmEnhancements 1.0.2)
AmpYear (AmpYearPowerManager 1:V1.5.9.0)
AnyRes Continued (AnyResContinued 2.0.7.4)
Astrogator (Astrogator v0.10.3)
Astronomer's Visual Pack (AstronomersVisualPack 3:v4.12)
Astronomer's Visual Pack-2k Textures (AVP-2kTextures v1.12)
AT Utils (AT-Utils v1.10.1)
AutoHibernate (AutoHibernate 1.12.3)
B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v2.20.0)
Background Resources (BackgroundResources 1:v0.18.0.0)
BonVoyage (BonVoyage 1:1.4.0)
Breaking Ground (BreakingGround-DLC 1.7.1)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 1:0.1.10.17)
Community Category Kit (CommunityCategoryKit v112.0.1)
Community Delta-V Maps (CommunityDeltaVMaps 2:2.8)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack v112.0.1)
Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 1:3.4.4)
Configurable Containers (ConfigurableContainers 2.6.2.1)
Connected Living Space (ConnectedLivingSpace v2.0.2.0)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.30.5)
Coyote Space Industries - Cargo Freighter (CargoFreighter 0.3.1)
Custom Pre Launch Checks (CustomPreLaunchChecks 1.8.1.1)
Dated QuickSaves (DatedQuickSaves 1.2.5)
Deadly Reentry Continued (DeadlyReentry 1:v.7.9.0)
DeepFreeze Continued... (DeepFreeze V0.31.0.0)
Deployable Engines Plugin (DeployableEngines 1.3.1)
Distant Object Enhancement /L (DistantObject v2.1.1.7)
Distant Object Enhancement /L default config (DistantObject-default v2.1.1.7)
Docking Cam (DockingCamKURS 1.3.8.3)
Docking Port Alignment Indicator (DockingPortAlignmentIndicator 6.10.0.0)
Docking Port Sound FX (DockingPortSoundFX v2.1.12)
Dynamic Battery Storage (DynamicBatteryStorage 2:2.2.5.0)
Easy Vessel Switch (EVS) (EasyVesselSwitch 2.3)
Environmental Visual Enhancements Redux (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 3:1.11.6.1)
Ferram Aerospace Research Continued (FerramAerospaceResearchContinued 3:0.16.0.5)
Filter Extensions - Plugin (FilterExtensions 3.2.7)
Final Frontier (FinalFrontier 1.10.0-3485)
Firespitter Core (FirespitterCore v7.17)
Global Construction (GroundConstruction 2.7.1)
Global Construction Core (GroundConstruction-Core 2.7.1)
Hangar (Hangar 3.6.2.2)
Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes (HideEmptyTechNodes 1.3.2)
Hot Spot (HotSpot 0.9.0)
Improved Tree Engine Placement (ImprovedTreeEnginePlacement v1.4.0)
Interstellar Fuel Switch (InterstellarFuelSwitch 3.29.4)
Interstellar Fuel Switch Core (InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core 3.29.4)
Interstellar Redistributable  (InterstellarRedistributable 1.4)
JX2Antenna (JX2Antenna 2.0.5)
KEI (KEI 1.2.10.5)
Kerbal Actuators (KerbalActuators v1.8.4)
Kerbal Attachment System (KAS 1.11)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.9.0)
Kerbal Flight Data (KerbalFlightData R23-Ksp1.3-recompile)
Kerbal Flight Indicators (KerbalFlightIndicators R20)
Kerbal Foundries2 (KerbalFoundriesContinued 2.4.8.18)
Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.29)
Kerbal Konstructs (KerbalKonstructs v1.8.3.0)
Kerbalized Suits (KerbalizedSuits 1.0)
Konstruction (Konstruction v112.0.1)
kOS: Scriptable Autopilot System (kOS 1:1.3.2.0)
kOS-SCANSat (kOS-SCANSat 1.2.0.0)
KSP AVC (KSP-AVC 1.4.1.9)
KSP Interstellar Extended (KSPInterstellarExtended 1.29.6)
KSP Recall (KSP-Recall v0.2.2.3)
KSP Wheel (KSPWheel 1:0.16.14.33)
KW Rocketry Rebalanced (KWRocketryRebalanced 3.2.7.2)
LoadingTipsPlus (LoadingTipsPlus V1.9)
MagiCore (MagiCore 1.3.2.5)
Making History (MakingHistory-DLC 1.12.1)
ManeuverNodeSplitter (NodeSplitter 1.8.0.3)
Mark IV Spaceplane System (MarkIVSpaceplaneSystem 3.2.0)
Mk2 Stockalike Expansion (Mk2Expansion 2:1.9.1.2)
MOAR Station Science (MOARStationScience v2.6.1.3)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.10.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.2.2)
Near Future Aeronautics (NearFutureAeronautics 2.1.1)
Near Future Construction (NearFutureConstruction 1.3.1)
Near Future Electrical (NearFutureElectrical 1.2.3)
Near Future Electrical Core (NearFutureElectrical-Core 1.2.3)
Near Future Exploration (NearFutureExploration 1.1.2)
Near Future IVA Props (NearFutureProps 1:0.7.1)
Near Future Launch Vehicles (NearFutureLaunchVehicles 2.2.0)
Near Future Propulsion (NearFuturePropulsion 1.3.5)
Near Future Solar (NearFutureSolar 1.3.2)
Near Future Solar Core (NearFutureSolar-Core 1.3.2)
Near Future Spacecraft (NearFutureSpacecraft 1.4.3)
PAPI Lights (PAPILights 0.5.0.6)
Patch Manager (PatchManager 0.0.17.4)
PersistentRotation (PersistentRotation 1.8.4)
Photon Sailor (PhotonSailor 1.7.3)
Pilot Assistant (PilotAssistant v1.13.4c)
RasterPropMonitor (RasterPropMonitor 1:v0.31.7)
RasterPropMonitor Core (RasterPropMonitor-Core 1:v0.31.7)
RCS Build Aid Continued (RCSBuildAidCont 1:0.9.8)
Real Plume (RealPlume 2:v13.3.2)
Real Plume - Stock Configs (RealPlume-StockConfigs v4.0.8)
RealChute Parachute Systems (RealChute v1.4.8.3)
Reentry Particle Effect Renewed (ReentryParticleEffect 1.9.1.1)
REPOSoftTech-Agencies (REPOSoftTech-Agencies V1.5.9.0)
ReStock (ReStock 1.4.3)
ReStock+ (ReStockPlus 1.4.3)
SCANsat (SCANsat v20.4)
Scatterer (Scatterer 3:v0.0835)
Scatterer Default Config (Scatterer-config 3:v0.0835)
Scatterer Sunflare (Scatterer-sunflare 3:v0.0835)
Ship Manifest (ShipManifest 6.0.6.0)
Simple Adjustable Fairings - KW Rocketry Pack (SimpleAdjustableFairings-KWRocketry v1.4.0)
Simple Adjustable Fairings - Plugin (SimpleAdjustableFairings v1.12.0)
SmokeScreen - Extended FX Plugin (SmokeScreen 2.8.14.0)
SpaceCore kOS Script Pack (kOS-SpaceCore 1.1.1)
SpaceTux Library (SpaceTuxLibrary 0.0.8.4)
Steam Gauges Recalibrated (SteamGaugesRecalibrated 1.8.3.3)
Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux (StationPartsExpansionRedux 2.0.9)
Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux - Internal Spaces (StationPartsExpansionRedux-IVAs 2.0.9)
Tarsier Space Technology with Galaxies Continued... (TarsierSpaceTechnologyWithGalaxies 1:7.13)
Textures Unlimited (TexturesUnlimited 1.5.10.25)
The Janitor's Closet (JanitorsCloset 0.3.7.8)
Throttle Controlled Avionics (ThrottleControlledAvionics v3.8.0.1)
Toolbar (Toolbar 1:1.8.0.8)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.6)
Trajectories (Trajectories v2.4.3)
TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (TweakScale v2.4.6.15b)
TweakScale Redistributable (TweakScale-Redist v2.4.6.15b)
USI Core (USI-Core v112.0.1)
USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS) (UKS 1:v112.0.1)
USI Life Support (USI-LS v112.0.1)
USI Tools (USITools v112.0.1)
Water Launch Sites (Kerbal-Konstructs) (WaterLaunchSites 1.0.1)
Zero MiniAVC (ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.2.4)

Concur.  Just now started my career save (KSP 1.12.3, stock planets, TST 7.13) to verify that this is occurring to me, as well.

Do you want a mod list, log files, video?

Edit:  As of today (18 Aug), in my career save, this problem just..disappeared.  I have no idea why.   Perhaps updates to Kopernicus & Scatterer????

Edited by Brigadier
Problem vanished.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey JPL, thank you for this awesome mod! I'm curious if I might be missing something. I have a space station in orbit with no HDD attached. :confused: So I sent up a spacecraft with a HDD to dock with the station so I could transfer the science, but now that I am docked, clicking the transfer data/science buttons doesn't do anything. Is there something I have to do to transfer data to a docked vessel or is this not possible? If this is not intentional behavior I will attach some logs if you might have some time to take a look at them. 

Thanks again for all your hard work. I've been wanting a mod like this since I started playing years ago. 

• 4 weeks later...

I first wanted to say I love this mod and thank you for taking the time to make this, but I'm have some problems with this mod. Whenever I use the zoom in option for the telescope, the distant stars become clearer which I suspect would happen, but the planets do not, also whenever I click the show bodies/show galaxies tab nothing besides the sun pops up.

On 8/11/2022 at 2:29 AM, Frost114 said:

I first wanted to say I love this mod and thank you for taking the time to make this, but I'm have some problems with this mod. Whenever I use the zoom in option for the telescope, the distant stars become clearer which I suspect would happen, but the planets do not, also whenever I click the show bodies/show galaxies tab nothing besides the sun pops up.

This will only show bodies / galaxies you've previously taken photos of, so without a mission to take a picture of it, you have to scan the skies yourself to find it, and try to get a good enough picture for it to recognize it for a science reward, then it will show up in the list.  If you have a mission to take a picture of something, then you can hit the "show mission targets" (or similar) checkbox, and that will make it show in the list even if you haven't taken a picture of it before.  Now you can click on it to place a target indicator in the camera window, to more easily find it to take the required picture for the contract.

You can, if searching the sky for hours on end isn't why you're playing KSP in the first place, cheat a little bit if you use MechJeb and Kerbal Engineer Redux.

Spoiler

Ensure that your telescope is the control  point.   Use KER to set the scope's target as one of the celestial bodies (CB) listed (for some reason CBs are not hidden from KER).  Use MJ, or a SAS mod if you have it, to set Target+ mode and the scope should slew to the "invisible" CB.  Let the scope settle, zoom in and take a picture for the win.

• 1 month later...

KSP 1.12.3, TST 7.13, Research Bodies 1.13

I'm taking pictures of planets from a TST scope in Kerbin orbit.  The images I view and the pictures I save don't seem to correlate properly to the relative positions of the Sun and the target planet.  The pic below shows Duna with the illuminated side facing left but not enough of the face of the planet is visible given that Duna is only ~90º in front of Kerbin in this shot (I realize that the scope is rotated 180º).

kJ7saHI.jpg

I wasn't entirely sure I was interpreting this correctly but when I took a pic of Jool at +180º phase angle, I get this:

GFJXTYY.png

Jool's face should be fully illuminated but it appears backlit instead.   Both Duna and Jool are fully researched in RB.

Anything I'm not understanding, and, if not, any way to correct the illumination flaw?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/28/2022 at 11:17 PM, Brigadier said:

KSP 1.12.3, TST 7.13, Research Bodies 1.13

I'm taking pictures of planets from a TST scope in Kerbin orbit. 

Similar results on KSP 1.12.3, TST 7.13, KSRSS, (do not have ReasearchBodies)

Here's the tracking station. Earth is at the bottom, Mercury to the left should be about half illuminated, and Venus to the right should be even more.

h4ePp1n.png

Actual results:

W1Ce4LF.png

W3cJUXy.png

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forums and the community will try to help but you haven't really provided enough detail for anyone to diagnose potential problems.   Please read and follow the guidance in this thread.

Upload files and pictures to sharing services, such as Google Drive, Dropbox and Imgur (for pictures) and post links to those files here.  Please don't attempt to paste entire logs as text as they are way too long.

Which telescope are you using?  It has to be a TST one, not a stock one.

• 1 month later...

How did you all get good performance? Im on 5900HX, 3070, 32GB Ram and even with just Research Bodies and Tarsier I get a significat fps drop.  I discovered this after Research Bodies was the last mod, of the ones I wanted, that I installed and it was really horrible then. So I removed all the mods, excelpt EVE, Scatt, DOE,PlanetShine, AVP and OPM. Tiny bit "better" but still very significant and unplayable. So I decided to do just stock with EVE, Scatt, PS and AVP - same thing. So I removed everything, did a clean install of KSP and Research B., Tarsier and their dependencies. Now it was way better but still under 30fps. Just to check i removed all those mods and run the game clean = 90+ fps. 
What the hell?
here is my player log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tyl6zvyozn3n6hl/Player-prev.log?dl=0 (normal player log is of the clean install i tried afterwards)

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mitokandria said:

Is there a way to add TST telescope properties to other cameras added by mods? I just found out that I've been trying to use the "Onboard Camera" from DockingCamKURS. It has an almost identical camera window.

Yes, BDB adds functionality to a few of their parts when TST is installed. If you have it installed, or just go to their github, it's in the Compatibility\Tarsier folder.

14 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Yes, BDB adds functionality to a few of their parts when TST is installed. If you have it installed, or just go to their github, it's in the Compatibility\Tarsier folder.

I think that is the incorrect mod. The mod I am referencing is Docking Camera (KURS) https://spacedock.info/mod/1542/Docking camera (KURS)

Disregard.  I see what you meant now.

Edited by Mitokandria