[1.12.x] Tarsier Space Technology with Galaxies (V7.13) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

1 hour ago, Mitokandria said:

Is there a way to add TST telescope properties to other cameras added by mods?

Just now, Mitokandria said:

I think that is the incorrect mod.

I mean, you asked it if was possible, so I said yes, and showed you where it's being done - as an example of how to do it.  The same approach would be taken by any other mod, too. So you could write a custom mm patch to add TST functionality to other camera parts (I think they just need the transforms identified, which should be in the hullcam cfgs too, I'm guessing).  So it's possible, but idk if anyone has already done it for this specific mod. 

9 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I mean, you asked it if was possible, so I said yes, and showed you where it's being done - as an example of how to do it.  The same approach would be taken by any other mod, too. So you could write a custom mm patch to add TST functionality to other camera parts (I think they just need the transforms identified, which should be in the hullcam cfgs too, I'm guessing).  So it's possible, but idk if anyone has already done it for this specific mod. 

Yeah sorry. I had to reread what you were asking, but you saw my post before I edited it.

16 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Oh cool, no probs. I wish I could be of more help and hand over a cfg that does it.

No worries I'm willing to learn enough to make small patches.  I took a look at the compatibility patch and for the most part it seems very simple to do, but I don't know how to find the properties of parts.

@PART[OnboardCamera]:FOR[DockingCamKURS]:NEEDS[TarsierSpaceTech]
{
  @description ^= :$: <#47008F>Telescope camera interface available via Tarsier Space Telescopes.</color>:
	MODULE
	{
		name = TSTSpaceTelescope
		maxZoom = 3
		xmitDataScalar = 0.2
		labBoostScalar = 1.2
		baseTransformName = 
		cameraTransformName = 
		lookTransformName = 
	}
}

I have no idea how to find baseTransformName, CameraTransformName, and lookTransformName for the part.

Edited by Mitokandria

15 hours ago, Mitokandria said:

I have no idea how to find baseTransformName, CameraTransformName, and lookTransformName for the part.

I was hoping they're named in the HullCam part configs, but doesn't look like it. It's possible the models don't even have what TST requires, I guess. There's a mod whose name I've spaced on, that runs in the editor scene, and can show you transforms, their names, what direction they're facing, etc. 

3 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I was hoping they're named in the HullCam part configs, but doesn't look like it. It's possible the models don't even have what TST requires, I guess. There's a mod whose name I've spaced on, that runs in the editor scene, and can show you transforms, their names, what direction they're facing, etc. 

Linuxgurugamer is currently the maintainer for Docking Camera KURS so I asked him about it, but he doesn't know what it's looking for either. I tried using what I thought might be the defaults for each one (Telescope, CameraTransform, and LookTransform). The buttons appear on the right-click menu but the camera gui doesn't appear. :wacko:

1 hour ago, Mitokandria said:

I tried using what I thought might be the defaults for each one (Telescope, CameraTransform, and LookTransform). The buttons appear on the right-click menu but the camera gui doesn't appear. :wacko:

Oh, honestly yeah I wouldn't expect that to work. A transform is an object created in Unity and the 3D modeler is the one naming the item, and it's that name that mods would use to figure out where to place their camera, which direction it should be facing, etc. Since that info is baked into the MU, you'll need some way of displaying that info - either by loading the model into blender or something, or using a mod which shows those items in the VAB. LGG is in fact the person who maintains this mod that I still can't remember the name of, I believe.  I guess you could also install BDB if you don't have it, and look at the OOA telescope with that mod and match up the names in the cfg, so you can see their positions/relations, and see if the parts you're trying to mod have those same types of transforms.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, some of you may or may not know that I am a senior dev on KSP1 and now also on KSP2.
Unfortunately I am finding it harder and harder to find time to invest in my KSP1 mods as I would like to. Almost all of my efforts and time now go into KSP2.
That is not to say that I am giving up on my KSP1 mods, just that it is unlikely I am going to have much time to invest in looking at or fixing problems with them. I will find the time to fix some things but it is going to be a very slow road I'm afraid.
I will try my best, but cannot gaurantee anything. Instead - I am sinking all my time into KSP2 development in order to deliver all the exciting new stuff we can for KSP2 and opening up modding in KSP2 for everyone as well.
I hope you all understand. Thanks for your patience and support.

• 2 months later...

Here's a temporary fix for the memory leak until it is officially fixed. Just replace the original dll in GameData\TarsierSpaceTech\Plugins with the new found in the folder DLL.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/drgpg5xmuw90oes/TarsierSpaceTechnology-V7.13-fixed.zip?dl=0

This is provided under the license: MIT just as the original, and contains all of the source code.

Edited by UltraJohn

• 5 months later...
7 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Have you tried the Reset Camera or Close Camera commands, or returning to the KSC then back to the scope?

Reset Camera is for my camera view on the ship itself. The Close Camera function didn't reset it.

UPDATE: Switching to KSC and back to the satellite fixed it.

Edited by marxman28

• 5 weeks later...
Two problems, the first is when you click on “show galaxies” in the galaxy selection menu there are none.
Second problem
By selecting an object and pressing the “towards target” button of the SAS system, the telescope turns not towards the target but somewhere into deep space. What to do?

@rrty44 Welcome to the forums.

On the first issue, I have the same situation.  The fora are replete with similar stories and fixes but it keeps returning.  I don't know what the solution might be in this case.  Posting a log file might help, so follow the guidance in this thread.

For the second problem, ensure that the telescope itself is the control point.  Right-click on the scope and in the PAW > Control From Here.  It should then orient as you are expecting.

19 hours ago, Brigadier said:

@rrty44Добро пожаловать на форумы.

По первому вопросу у меня такая же ситуация. Форумы изобилуют подобными историями и исправлениями, но они продолжают возвращаться. Я не знаю, какое решение может быть в этом случае. Публикация файла журнала может помочь, поэтому следуйте инструкциям в этой теме.

Для решения второй проблемы убедитесь, что сам телескоп является контрольной точкой. Щелкните правой кнопкой мыши область и выберите PAW > Управление отсюда. Затем он должен ориентироваться так, как вы ожидаете.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I haven't seen this, myself. I wonder if it's related to game mode? This is Science mode below:

I have a feeling you might be right since my current game is career, but short of delving into the code (or a magical appearance by @JPLRepo:cool:), I have no idea how true this might be.

• 1 month later...