[1.12.x] Tarsier Space Technology with Galaxies (V7.13) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

V6.8 published.
This version is required to support my ResearchBodies mod..
If you don't use that mod, you don't need this update.
If you don't use my ResearchBodies mod.. well why not now that it's been updated to KSP 1.3.0? :sticktongue:

On 6/7/2017 at 4:41 AM, dangerhamster said:

Having an issue with the ChemCam. Works fine around the buildings of KSC but once out onto Shores and Grasslands returns a "no terrain in range" message.

Is also happening with DMagic's XRD.

Edit. Tried on Mun and Duna with same error message.

Same issue...

First of all, I'd like to share a beautiful picture of Kerbin taken with my Matray Satellite in orbit 4000km over Kerbin:

Ts13xXK.png

And then I'd like to file a bug(?) report... Here's a picture I took of Jool:

YWH2pyz.png

I'm using EVE, Scatterer, Distant Object Enhancements as well as Stock Visual Enhancements, and I *suspect* they're the reason. Just wanted to ask if there is something that can be done about it. Another picture taken, this one is of Eve: http://i.imgur.com/rl7wPTg.png.

So, I have an issue with the ChemCam. It works perfectly fine in the KSC area, but as soon as you're on terrain and try to gather data using the laser, it says "No terrain in range"

Have tried it with just TSI, with other mods, etc, etc. Very confusing.

55 minutes ago, S0MBRA said:

So, I have an issue with the ChemCam. It works perfectly fine in the KSC area, but as soon as you're on terrain and try to gather data using the laser, it says "No terrain in range"

The full text on the error is "No Terrain in Range to analyse".  It worked once for me after many many attempts, but I have been unable to get it to work again.  Currently on the Mun trying it.

30 minutes ago, Kilmeister said:

The full text on the error is "No Terrain in Range to analyse".  It worked once for me after many many attempts, but I have been unable to get it to work again.  Currently on the Mun trying it.

Precisely. It didnt work on Moho as well, so I assume the point is moot.

19 hours ago, Tivec said:

First of all, I'd like to share a beautiful picture of Kerbin taken with my Matray Satellite in orbit 4000km over Kerbin:

I'm using EVE, Scatterer, Distant Object Enhancements as well as Stock Visual Enhancements, and I *suspect* they're the reason. Just wanted to ask if there is something that can be done about it. Another picture taken, this one is of Eve: http://i.imgur.com/rl7wPTg.png.

Most likely scatterer. Long standing issue with that mod.
Don't have the time or energy to spend the hours needed to figure out why.

5 hours ago, Kilmeister said:

6 hours ago, S0MBRA said:

Thanks all.. Looked into it briefly seems like a simple fix soon as I get a spare hour to do so.

21 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:
19 hours ago, Tivec said:

Most likely scatterer. Long standing issue with that mod.
Don't have the time or energy to spend the hours needed to figure out why.

Yeah, it's no big deal :)

@Tivec Couple of these mods have been updated recently.

3 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Thanks all.. Looked into it briefly seems like a simple fix soon as I get a spare hour to do so.

DMagic had a similar issue with his XRay part from Orbital Science pack, just putting it out here, maybe it helps.

Just now, KerbMav said:

DMagic had a similar issue with his XRay part from Orbital Science pack, just putting it out here, maybe it helps.

"Had" as in they fixed it? I try to keep my mods up to date with CKAN, so if any updates were pushed there i should already have them...

10 minutes ago, KerbMav said:

As I said. It's a simple fix for a simple oversight on my part. The hardest bit is finding the spare time to publish the fix. I'll try to get to it in the next few days. But I have a long list just like it.

5 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

As I said. It's a simple fix for a simple oversight on my part. The hardest bit is finding the spare time to publish the fix. I'll try to get to it in the next few days. But I have a long list just like it.

I'm satisfied that you're aware of it.  If you can get to it eventually, that's great.  Love the mod!

For the meantime, I'll just not include ChemCams on my mission until further notice. :kiss:

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@JPLRepo Tiny question. Can I have more than one general (non-biome) report per planet for the ChemCam experiment? Such that each time I run the experiment a different one will be displayed?

You can... same as stock experiment definitions.

Just specify multiple "default = <text>" for the experiment cfg file.
Same way it works for stock experiments.. It will randomly select one if there is more than one.

How do I target it then? or where is it?

Edit: Found out that thing don't show up in the list after you take a contract if you never leave the ship. I use a mod that lets me take contract mid-flight.

Edited by Vjrcr

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-30 at 5:38 AM, JPLRepo said:

V6.7 release for KSP 1.3
Localization/language ready for anyone willing to volunteer to translate it drop me a PM.
Changelog in the OP.

Hey, I'm Brazilian and I could translate it to Portuguese, if this interest you. I love this mod and I'd be very produ if my help could make it even more used by people from Brazil and other Portuguese speaking countries. Oh, and I just created this account just to present myself (hence the no PM thing, sorry!)

1 hour ago, wowbagger said:

Hey, I'm Brazilian and I could translate it to Portuguese, if this interest you. I love this mod and I'd be very produ if my help could make it even more used by people from Brazil and other Portuguese speaking countries. Oh, and I just created this account just to present myself (hence the no PM thing, sorry!)

KSP currently does not support Portuguese.... So even if you did translate it.. how will you see it in Portuguese?

18 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

KSP currently does not support Portuguese.... So even if you did translate it.. how will you see it in Portuguese?

There is a Brazilian Portuguese translation available, made by fans. People just switch the files inside the Localization folder and by changing the BuildID.txt to pt br from en us.

I don't know if this would work with TST, but if does, I'm more than willing to help.

Back in the thread someone was saying it worked properly in 1.2.2 But when I Launch it says "incompatible version, please use [ksp version 1.2 or 1.3]" I know there isn't a download of 1.2.2, is there some way I could get it to work? 

5 hours ago, Pupper said:

Back in the thread someone was saying it worked properly in 1.2.2 But when I Launch it says "incompatible version, please use [ksp version 1.2 or 1.3]" I know there isn't a download of 1.2.2, is there some way I could get it to work? 

I'm not real sure what you are asking for? But I think you are after a version of this mod that works with KSP 1.2.2?
This one will: https://github.com/JPLRepo/TarsierSpaceTechnology/releases/tag/V6.6.1