[1.12.x] Tarsier Space Technology with Galaxies (V7.13) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

1 hour ago, JPLRepo said:

No event happened that I was a part of. I simply don't use that tool. Never have. Nor do I have the time to maintain the metadata that is required for that mod to function.
I use 7 Zip.

Hey JPLRepo,

Thanks for clarifying all that. I thought I missed some event in the past that caused some disagreements! I am very, very happy that did not happen. I appreciate your reply and it matches what another player/modder/individual told me earlier in another reply. Not stating I'm looking for "matching answers", but two answers stating "management" as the prime cause of not using it obviously point to such. 

7-zip?! Oh wow, I have that and I never considered using it. Huh! I'll look into it. 

Thanks!

Phew - this error took me ages to track down to this mod. They keep appearing in groups of 4 if it helps narrow down what's causing it.

Running KSP 1.3.1 with TST 7.1.0 as the only other mod installed.

These errors appear both on game load and game shutdown. I can't tell what it's looking for as the error isn't specific enough to help me know it was (I'm assuming) TST causing it. 

[ERR 20:52:44.845] Trying to reload asset from disk that is not stored on disk

[ERR 20:52:44.914] Trying to reload asset from disk that is not stored on disk

[ERR 20:52:44.924] Trying to reload asset from disk that is not stored on disk

[ERR 20:52:45.079] Trying to reload asset from disk that is not stored on disk

Tested with a new career game - KSP.log file here     KSP_x64Data Log file here
Tested with a Sandbox game - KSP.log file here     KSP_x64_Data logfile here

Github Issue #55

7 minutes ago, wile1411 said:

Phew - this error took me ages to track down to this mod. They keep appearing in groups of 4 if it helps narrow down what's causing it.

Running KSP 1.3.1 with TST 7.1.0 as the only other mod installed.

These errors appear both on game load and game shutdown. I can't tell what it's looking for as the error isn't specific enough to help me know it was (I'm assuming) TST causing it. 

[ERR 20:52:44.845] Trying to reload asset from disk that is not stored on disk

[ERR 20:52:44.914] Trying to reload asset from disk that is not stored on disk

[ERR 20:52:44.924] Trying to reload asset from disk that is not stored on disk

[ERR 20:52:45.079] Trying to reload asset from disk that is not stored on disk

Tested with a new career game - KSP.log file here     KSP_x64Data Log file here
Tested with a Sandbox game - KSP.log file here     KSP_x64_Data logfile here

Github Issue #55

It's a known stock bug regarding KSPedia files. It's harmless.

Hello everyone, I noticed that the contract funds are always very low... is that normal?

For example, for the ChemCam surface analysis of the Westen Canyon on Duna, the values are (sorry for not putting a screenshot): 

Advance: 2250

Completion: 3360

Failure: -2520

Considering that the ChemCam only costs 7000 funds + spacecraft/rover and launcher costs, there is no point of doing this mission... :/

Edited by Aerospace

• 4 weeks later...

I have found that this mod is incompatible with KRASH:

This is the issue:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KRASH/issues/17

It only happens in campaign when KRAHS only allows to sim in plantes/moons you have already visited. Somehow KRASH touches some data there and KRASH is unable to confirm any planets as been visited. Including Kerbin. I spoke with linuxgurugamers and he didn't know what could be. As I said this only happens in campaign (in sandbox they both play nicely together) . Do you have any idea what can it be?, it something workable or it cannot be avoided because it relays on the data that this mod uses?

Regards

Kaiser

3 hours ago, wowbagger said:

Is there anything I should unlock or do in order to see galaxies in the select bodies UI?

I ask because it is empty in both space telescopes and I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

Try the latest version v7.2

5 hours ago, KaiserSoze said:

I have found that this mod is incompatible with KRASH:

This is the issue:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KRASH/issues/17

It only happens in campaign when KRAHS only allows to sim in plantes/moons you have already visited. Somehow KRASH touches some data there and KRASH is unable to confirm any planets as been visited. Including Kerbin. I spoke with linuxgurugamers and he didn't know what could be. As I said this only happens in campaign (in sandbox they both play nicely together) . Do you have any idea what can it be?, it something workable or it cannot be avoided because it relays on the data that this mod uses?

Regards

Kaiser

I only see an error in the log related to KRASH mod. not this mod.
That mod should handle errors a little better so it doesn't literally Crash KSP

On 10/11/2017 at 11:17 PM, Aerospace said:

Hello everyone, I noticed that the contract funds are always very low... is that normal?

For example, for the ChemCam surface analysis of the Westen Canyon on Duna, the values are (sorry for not putting a screenshot): 

Advance: 2250

Completion: 3360

Failure: -2520

Considering that the ChemCam only costs 7000 funds + spacecraft/rover and launcher costs, there is no point of doing this mission... :/

Try v7.2. I've tweaked the contract amounts... which btw you can change yourself in \GameData\TarsierSpaceTech\Plugins\PluginData\Config.cfg

Hello at all.

I might be dumb but need some support of how to use the ChemCam. I tryed to place her in many various positions as in VAB/SPH as through help of KAS in many various positions insitu but neverless i see the laser reacht the ground and as i try to target variable undergrounds, buildings or scatterer objects (stones, trees and on) i only get the "no objects in range"-message. 

Do i miss something here.

KSP 1.3.1 with latest release of this mode through GitHub. The telescopes works flawlessly by the way.

And @JPLRepo the combination of TST and RB in game adds a tealy great depth to the game. Thanks for your work!

Hello! First of all thanks for the such great mod, which adds more depth to the game.

I have some strange issue that happens time to time, after heavily using of the mod, camera window disappears, I'm pressing "GUI" button, but camera window does not appear.
I found that in config.cfg which in GameData\TarsierSpaceTech\Plugins\PluginData folder, two lines which I guess responsible for the window position get strange values...

TSTSettings
{
    FwindowPosX = 40
    FwindowPosY = 500
    CwindowPosX = -10056
    CwindowPosY = -10274

GalwindowPosX = 512
    GalwindowPosY = 128
    BodwindowPosX = 1186
}

Changing these values back to, helps with the issue.

CwindowPosX = 510
    CwindowPosY = 104

Edited by Andrey.gr

I think I found a bug on KSP 1.3. With contracts that ask to make a photo with a telescope and transmit science. I made a picture, got the "make a photo" part completed, but there is no way to get science out of it. The "check results" button did not do anything.

@agrockand @le_JEW

FYI, from the OP

For support please ensure you are following these instructions.
From now on I will NOT respond to requests for support if you have not at least attempted to follow these simple steps.

NO LOG = NO SUPPORT.

So, if you're expecting an answer from JPLRepo, do some more work to help identify the cause.

On 11/18/2017 at 4:18 AM, agrock said:

I think I found a bug on KSP 1.3. With contracts that ask to make a photo with a telescope and transmit science. I made a picture, got the "make a photo" part completed, but there is no way to get science out of it. The "check results" button did not do anything.

I’m having a similar problem. I hit the take a photo button but nothing happens 

8 hours ago, MacGregor said:

I’m having a similar problem. I hit the take a photo button but nothing happens 

You should know that this bug is no longer present in my game, although I cannot tell you why exactly. I have 85 mods installed and keeping track of it is impossible.  I might have updated this mod. I would suggest to you to try that. Oh and have you tried turning it off and on... (old joke) :) 

• 2 weeks later...

my chemcam isn't rotating/moving and just stares blankly into the void whenever i "open" it. i have the latest version, and also i have customized my keyboard a bit so my regular movement buttons are IJKL (not sure if this is causing a conflict or not)

if possibly i'd like to reassign the control keys to 8,4,6,2 on the keypad but i can't find where to edit this config, any help is appreciated

14 hours ago, Hs.Panda said:

my chemcam isn't rotating/moving and just stares blankly into the void whenever i "open" it. i have the latest version, and also i have customized my keyboard a bit so my regular movement buttons are IJKL (not sure if this is causing a conflict or not)

if possibly i'd like to reassign the control keys to 8,4,6,2 on the keypad but i can't find where to edit this config, any help is appreciated

If you changed your key mapping then you are probably using the wrong keys....
The chemcam uses the "Translation" key mapping from the in game settings. which by default is IKJL. But it will be whatever you might have remapped those to.

Just now, JPLRepo said:

If you changed your key mapping then you are probably using the wrong keys....
The chemcam uses the "Translation" key mapping from the in game settings. which by default is IKJL. But it will be whatever you might have remapped those to.

ok, thx :)

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, legalteam said:

So, how exactly do I use the ChemCam, and what is it good for? I mounted it atop my Karibou Expedition Rover and took it to Duna, but I really have no idea what to do with it. Any explanations would be welcome!

See the OP:

• Analyse the surfaces of planets using a high powered laser.
  • Uses biomes where available.
  • Save your images to share on the forums!! (now saves in two sizes, camera size and Full Screen).
  • Fully integrated into the tech tree.
  • Will Generate contracts for collection of data from different biomes in Career games.

How to use it? Right click it and open the camera.
IKJL move the camera.
It can collect science.. so not very useful in a sandbox game.
I career contracts will be generated as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I know you only maintain this mod, and i'm very thankful that you do, but have you ever considered changing the Model of the Big Telescope? It always seemed wrong to me that it is inspired by TESS given that it is (if i'm not misunderstanding) not really a space telescope and more like an occultation sensor?

Edited by Canopus

9 hours ago, Canopus said:

I know you only maintain this mod, and i'm very thankful that you do, but have you ever considered changing the Model of the Big Telescope? It always seemed wrong to me that it is inspired by TESS given that it is (if i'm not misunderstanding) not really a space telescope and more like an occultation sensor?

I did a little more than maintain it. I wrote half the code... but as far as models go. I love the current ones. It’s a mod for a game and I like how they fit with stock parts. I have been approached before by people with models to include - but none of them have finished their work or sent me anything. As for doing it myself - modeling takes time. In the case of mods a lot of free time. That unfortunately I don’t have. But I am always more than happy to discuss with any others willing to donate their free time.

• 2 weeks later...