[1.12.x] Tarsier Space Technology with Galaxies (V7.13) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

For those that don't know, the 1.4 update seems to have broken the mod. The parts still can be accessed and added to a craft but they have no functionality. It sucks because I just found this mod yesterday and my game updated so I can't use it. Granted, I could revert the game but all my ships have updated to 1.4 and aren't backwards compatible. Dear @JPLRepo, from the screenshots I've seen, this mod looks AMAZING and I can't wait to actually use it! <3

9 minutes ago, EmmaJB said:

For those that don't know, the 1.4 update seems to have broken the mod. The parts still can be accessed and added to a craft but they have no functionality. It sucks because I just found this mod yesterday and my game updated so I can't use it. Granted, I could revert the game but all my ships have updated to 1.4 and aren't backwards compatible. Dear @JPLRepo, from the screenshots I've seen, this mod looks AMAZING and I can't wait to actually use it! <3

That's basically expected behavior.  A new version of KSP typically breaks all mods that aren't just parts.  If you're running a modded install, expect to wait a week or two for all your favorite mods to get updates.

14 hours ago, EmmaJB said:

Its a great little mod,(worth waiting for) Im keeping the chem cam set up on my rover. I did add tweakscale to it so it would fit better hint hint lol.

thank you for the mod BTW     

1 hour ago, JPLRepo said:

Speaking as a modder, not staff. Until the EULA is clarified I won't be making updates. Sorry.

That is scary to hear, i thought Squad(you guys) said that modders will continue to get support. Something in the EULA change that?

On 3/8/2018 at 2:19 PM, JPLRepo said:

Speaking as a modder, not staff. Until the EULA is clarified I won't be making updates. Sorry.

That really puts you in a conflict of interest, doesn't it.  I truly hope that it all works out quickly.

3 hours ago, Brigadier said:

That really puts you in a conflict of interest, doesn't it.  I truly hope that it all works out quickly.

Yeah, i have no idea what is happening, but i was getting worried something changed for modders. according to non staff modders, they are continuing work. Definitely the most important thing is JPLrepo is completely safe. I wish these where stock in the game, bc they are great additions.

2 hours ago, viperwolf said:

Yeah, i have no idea what is happening, but i was getting worried something changed for modders. according to non staff modders, they are continuing work. Definitely the most important thing is JPLrepo is completely safe. I wish these where stock in the game, bc they are great additions.

Everything is fine and I have agreed to the EULA. But I won't do any updates to my mods until 1.4.1 and the DLC is out. As you can imagine. I'm quite busy with at the moment.

4 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Everything is fine and I have agreed to the EULA. But I won't do any updates to my mods until 1.4.1 and the DLC is out. As you can imagine. I'm quite busy with at the moment.

I absolutely understand and figured most modders would have waited for the DLC. Thank you very much letting us know where you are with things, its appreciated.

I recently installed KSP 1.3.1 to start up playing again. But something is different about this mod than earlier, and I was wondering if it is intended, or some bug/conflict of mods going on.

I have a probe with a Space Telescope, but when I open it up, the Show Bodies shows only Sun and Kerbin. Show Galaxies is empty. Earlier they had the planets and Galaxies filled out so you could ind them.

Is this expected/intended behavior?

(I do not have the show only contracts flag on or Research Bodies installed)

What am I missing?

15 hours ago, Warezcrawler said:

I recently installed KSP 1.3.1 to start up playing again. But something is different about this mod than earlier, and I was wondering if it is intended, or some bug/conflict of mods going on.

I have a probe with a Space Telescope, but when I open it up, the Show Bodies shows only Sun and Kerbin. Show Galaxies is empty. Earlier they had the planets and Galaxies filled out so you could ind them.

What am I missing?

I may have the wrong but this is what I think.

What option did you select when you created your save?  The pre-start options determine how much of the solar system is discovered before you begin the game for the first time.  I can't recall the default, so I'll assume it's 'None', i.e. Kerbin and Kerbol (the sun).  If that's the case, then you'll have to complete the sky search contracts or somehow point the telescope at a target and take pictures.

7 hours ago, Brigadier said:

What option did you select when you created your save?  The pre-start options determine how much of the solar system is discovered before you begin the game for the first time.  I can't recall the default, so I'll assume it's 'None', i.e. Kerbin and Kerbol (the sun).  If that's the case, then you'll have to complete the sky search contracts or somehow point the telescope at a target and take pictures.

I was not aware of that, so I would guess that is the case then. Thanks.

I will look into this, but sounds like you've pointed me in the right direction!

11 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Are you sure there is such a setting? I can't find it. There are for CemCams, but not for telescopes.

I tried starting a new game, and looked through the settings. I did the same within my current game. But I did not find that particular setting.....

28 minutes ago, Warezcrawler said:

Are you sure there is such a setting? I can't find it. There are for CemCams, but not for telescopes.

I tried starting a new game, and looked through the settings. I did the same within my current game. But I did not find that particular setting.....

Yep, I'm sure but I've just realized that Research Bodies provides the options, not TST.  So, I'm only half right.:confused:

Start a new career game. Under Difficulty Options, on the left hand side, click on ResearchBodies.  RB is enabled with the first button and the first slider changes the initial visibility of the bodies already discovered.

Edited by Brigadier

1 minute ago, Brigadier said:

Yep, I'm sure.

Start a new career game. Under Difficulty Options, on the left hand side, click on ResearchBodies.  RB is enabled with the first button and the first slider changes the initial visibility of the bodies already discovered.

If you're not seeing that game option, perhaps RB isn't installed correctly or you have a different version than I do.

Ahh.... But the thing is, I do NOT have research bodies installed (maybe I didn't formulate that clearly enough in my initial post....). If I had that, I would expect to have to "research" the bodies first.

But without Research Bodies, they seem still to be missing.

8 minutes ago, Warezcrawler said:

Ahh.... But the thing is, I do NOT have research bodies installed (maybe I didn't formulate that clearly enough in my initial post....). If I had that, I would expect to have to "research" the bodies first.

But without Research Bodies, they seem still to be missing.

No, your first post in this, the TST thread, was fine.  I jumped to the conclusion that it was TST until I tried to start my own new game.

Edited by Brigadier

On 3/10/2018 at 9:14 PM, Warezcrawler said:

What am I missing?

Is there a bug with TST here that I am not following... You have TST installed, but not Research Bodies. Yet the planets do not appear in the telescope targets list?
Can you submit your log file please.

21 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Is there a bug with TST here that I am not following... You have TST installed, but not Research Bodies. Yet the planets do not appear in the telescope targets list?
Can you submit your log file please.

As I read your question, it is not supposed to be like that. I wasn't sure, hence my query.

And you understand me correctly. I have TST (and a lot other mods) but not Research Bodies. And yet the planets does not appear in the telescope target list.

Here are links to my logs from my last game

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1euqRmSxnkGoiXHdGk7XGxtCHDPFb1eit

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JIC9ne1z6YrHiuwBSBAXRqXZ4jXnjgHh

On 3/13/2018 at 4:23 AM, Warezcrawler said:

As I read your question, it is not supposed to be like that. I wasn't sure, hence my query.

And you understand me correctly. I have TST (and a lot other mods) but not Research Bodies. And yet the planets does not appear in the telescope target list.

Here are links to my logs from my last game

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1euqRmSxnkGoiXHdGk7XGxtCHDPFb1eit

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JIC9ne1z6YrHiuwBSBAXRqXZ4jXnjgHh

I'm wondering... were you playing a career game? Because in career games they don't appear unless you have first completed the contract for them.