[1.12.x] Tarsier Space Technology with Galaxies (V7.13) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

Where are the pieces on the tech tree? I can't find them... I have research bodies installed v1.9.3 (from ckan) and maybe they're conflicting.

Edited by occ

4 hours ago, occ said:

Where are the pieces on the tech tree? I can't find them... I have research bodies installed v1.9.3 (from ckan) and maybe they're conflicting.

Maybe .. who knows. No Logs = No support.
Without a log and more than one line it's anyone's guess.

Why are the planets I look at with my telescope pitch black, even when I should be looking at the day side of them? 
0LxiVTo.jpg

EDIT: Turns out the cause was a cloud mod, This one specifically, how can I properly run this mod while still being able to actually see the planets from this range?

Edited by Pigbear2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Not sure what this is supposed to be.

If I'm looking at this correctly, I believe he mounted his chem-cam sideways... so when it opens it's pointing down at at the ground. It's on the right hand side of the ship, near the top.

@Gyger, is that the problem, the chem-cam?

15 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

If I'm looking at this correctly, I believe he mounted his chem-cam sideways... so when it opens it's pointing down at at the ground. It's on the right hand side of the ship, near the top.

@Gyger, is that the problem, the chem-cam?

I can see the arm of the chemcam, but that's about it. Your eyes are better than mine. And I'm not even sure what the problem is.

24 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

I can see the arm of the chemcam, but that's about it. Your eyes are better than mine. And I'm not even sure what the problem is.

I'm not sure either, but if I was to venture a guess, i'd say he doesn't know how to move the camera head around to get a good sample.

On 8/6/2017 at 6:02 AM, JPLRepo said:

V7.0 published.

Fixes the celestial body lists in the UI for the telescopes (to select target).
Also updates in flight when contracts are accepted in flight (using a mod).

Now, I've just encountered a weird variation on the celestial body list bug. Nothing game breaking, but I thought I'd better let you know.

I just upgraded to 1.3 yesterday, and so far everything seems to be working... and in a sandbox game my telescopes work fine.

However, in my Emiko career game, the telescopes still only see planets, no moons or galaxies. It's not really a huge deal, I can still use it for what I need (like looking at Emiko Asteroid up close from a ship that's over 2km away... :wink:) and I don't need the science points in that particular career game.

But still I thought you'd want to know. If you need my logs or the game file or whatever, let me know.

11 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

I think he means the appearance of the mountain landscape at the horizon with the ChemCam on.

2 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

I think he means the appearance of the mountain landscape at the horizon with the ChemCam on.

oh good eyes.
Hmm. Well without logs and reproduction steps I don't have the time to investigate unfortunately.

@Gyger

Welcome to the forums.  If you still need help with this graphical glitch, help the mod developer out and provide some more information.  Look through the topic below for guidance.  JPLRepo still might not the time to address it but at least you provide him with much of the info he needs.

Edited by Brigadier

12 hours ago, Brigadier said:

I apologize for the lack of clarity but yes, when ChemCam is active the terrain of minmus appears to be doubled and offset perpendicular to the ground. On Kerbin the only noticable change when the camera is deployed is the sky getting brighter.

12 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

oh good eyes.
Hmm. Well without logs and reproduction steps I don't have the time to investigate unfortunately.

Where are the logs stored? The game does not crash so there are no crash logs and the in game logs do not record anything. To reproduce I attached a ChemCam to a stock heavy lander, teleported to Minmus, landed on a flat and deployed the camera. This is on a default installation with only this mod.

Edited by Gyger
Additional information

18 hours ago, Gyger said:

Where are the logs stored? The game does not crash so there are no crash logs and the in game logs do not record anything. To reproduce I attached a ChemCam to a stock heavy lander, teleported to Minmus, landed on a flat and deployed the camera. This is on a default installation with only this mod.

Read the post two above yours.  The locations are mentioned in that thread.

KSP creates a log file, called output_log.txt regardless of the crash status and it's located in a directory in your KSP game folder. The game and various mods write to the file as necessary to help with performance issues and problem diagnosis.  It's not perfect but it can provide clues.

Edited by Brigadier

• 4 weeks later...

I got my scope up in orbit and the first thing R&D sends me is a contract for my telescope which I found very 'Kerbal'. I was wondering if it's something you might have a solution to avoid it coming up again? I'm assuming the contract was part of this pack, so sorry if it's not.

The Contract was to take of photo of "the Sun". Needless to say I didn't take it as the rewards weren't enough for blowing the optics and replacing the telescope.

Typical Kerbal R&D nutters.

6 hours ago, wile1411 said:

I got my scope up in orbit and the first thing R&D sends me is a contract for my telescope which I found very 'Kerbal'. I was wondering if it's something you might have a solution to avoid it coming up again? I'm assuming the contract was part of this pack, so sorry if it's not.

The Contract was to take of photo of "the Sun". Needless to say I didn't take it as the rewards weren't enough for blowing the optics and replacing the telescope.

Typical Kerbal R&D nutters.

What?

Taking a photo of the sun will not blow up the optics and need replacement of your telescope?

Think you are mixing your mods up.

2 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

What?

Taking a photo of the sun will not blow up the optics and need replacement of your telescope?

Think you are mixing your mods up.

Ah - yep sorry, I did try Cactus in the past, but settled on TST. I still got the contract, but had assumed the effects of the other mod. :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

TST seems to not play nice with 1.3.1.  I have lots of other mods though so I am not sure if it is just some combination or not.  But I add it and the game will not start, I remove it and it will.

Are any of you having the same issue or should I be getting logs and what not?

1 hour ago, Leszek said:

TST seems to not play nice with 1.3.1.  I have lots of other mods though so I am not sure if it is just some combination or not.  But I add it and the game will not start, I remove it and it will.

Are any of you having the same issue or should I be getting logs and what not?

Correct. Seeing how it hasn't been updated for 1.3.1 I wouldn't expect it to.

1 minute ago, JPLRepo said:

Correct. Seeing how it hasn't been updated for 1.3.1 I wouldn't expect it to.

OK so it is not just me.  Good to know.

Not sure if I am reading a bit into that answer but lots of mods work in 1.3.1 that are for 1.3 and I can't know if it is the 1.3.1 update by itself, or if this mod and another and the update is the cause, or if I made some mistake in copying files from Steam over top of my 1.3 without deleting my 1.3 first.  ETC...  If I was the only one with the issue then it changes what I need to do to get it fixed.  Since it seems I am not the only one then I don't need to worry about troubleshooting it. 

I was not being dense.  And the only reason why I cared enough to even ask is because this is one of those mods that I really like and I think are really great.  Hence I didn't just start a new game without it.

And I am sorry if it came off as me being dense.

On 1/11/2017 at 2:34 PM, JPLRepo said:

Whilst I agree CKAN is a great mod for those that can't use Zip tools. I take no part, nor am I interested in maintaining the CKAN mod metadata for my mods.
Please don't ask me about it but refer to the CKAN mod thread if you are having issues with CKAN or the metadata it maintains.

JPLRepo,

What Zip tools do you use or are your referring to in your post? I've only heard of CKAN that works seamlessly with KSP. I've been asking around recently because a minority of mod authors that I typically downloaded from over the years suddenly went against the application (suddenly because I've been lackluster in forum observations). What would your recommendations be for a replacement and what methods do you use? I'm merely asking because some event must of happened while I was in other life ventures that I entirely missed.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Drakomis said:

JPLRepo,

What Zip tools do you use or are your referring to in your post? I've only heard of CKAN that works seamlessly with KSP. I've been asking around recently because a minority of mod authors that I typically downloaded from over the years suddenly went against the application (suddenly because I've been lackluster in forum observations). What would your recommendations be for a replacement and what methods do you use? I'm merely asking because some event must of happened while I was in other life ventures that I entirely missed.

Thanks!

No event happened that I was a part of. I simply don't use that tool. Never have. Nor do I have the time to maintain the metadata that is required for that mod to function.
I use 7 Zip.