[1.12.x] Tarsier Space Technology with Galaxies (V7.13) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

On 11/22/2019 at 4:14 PM, oniontrain said:

I think I have a module missing on the tb-75m part. I've also got probesplus installed and the Explorer scope is working correctly, but the TST one doesn' t have an option to open the camera window. What should I be looking at to correct this?

It's been my experience that the TB-67M has never had a camera window and I always thought that this was by design.  To change it you'll have to write a MM patch to include the module that grants this capability, but that's where my expertise ends.

Does the fix for the missing bodies and galaxies only work with a new save? continued over a save from 1.7.3 into 1.8.1 with the new mod version and still no galaxies and only shows bodies I've taken a picture of before. Wondering if that is a limitation due to the new Unity version.

UPDATE: I had a chance this morning to try with a new save and on that Bodies and Galaxies all show, yet does not in the save carrying over. In case this is a bug and not a limitation due to the new Unity version here is the log from trying both saves this morning. https://www.dropbox.com/s/27o29i4tpgqmpoy/Player.log?dl=0

Edited by JeffreyCor

18 hours ago, JeffreyCor said:

Does the fix for the missing bodies and galaxies only work with a new save? continued over a save from 1.7.3 into 1.8.1 with the new mod version and still no galaxies and only shows bodies I've taken a picture of before. Wondering if that is a limitation due to the new Unity version.

UPDATE: I had a chance this morning to try with a new save and on that Bodies and Galaxies all show, yet does not in the save carrying over. In case this is a bug and not a limitation due to the new Unity version here is the log from trying both saves this morning. https://www.dropbox.com/s/27o29i4tpgqmpoy/Player.log?dl=0

Do you mean what bodies and galaxies appear in the telescope UI?
It should show only ones you have discovered already or ones that are part of an active contract depending what option you select in the UI in career games.
In sandbox games you should see them all all the time.

I couldn't find anything in your log.. but if you are still having issues with a particular save if you can share that save file then I can try to figure out what is going on.

Yes, I apologize I didn't make it more clear. On the telescope UI the Galaxies is empty and only pre-photoed bodies show under bodies adding as a new unlisted one is photographed and transmitted.

From what you described it does sound like this is by design, so likely not an issue but including everything be certain that you have everything you might need in case I misunderstood and there is an issue.

On a new save, all show in both. I'm including the same at issue and I am also happy to test anything you need.

Link to persistent.sfs file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ejl93fz6gkvly2o/persistent.sfs?dl=0

Edited by JeffreyCor

• 1 month later...

Can someone help me out please? I am screwing something up. I put this file in my game data folder and nothing showed up (force of habit) and read the instal directions and put it in the main KSP folder and still nothing. What is the exact folder I need to put this in? I am running the steam version if that helps. Thank you for your time :)

4 hours ago, ussoldier2002 said:

What is the exact folder I need to put this in?

Extract the contents of the .zip to your main KSP install folder (NOT the .zip file itself), either by right clicking on the .zip, selecting "Extract...", and browse to your main KSP folder, *OR*, dbl-click on the .zip file, and when you see GameData folder, drag/drop that folder to your main KSP folder (I usually have two Explorer windows open, one to select/open the .zip in, the other with my KSP install folder open so I can just darg/drop across the two windows...
Also, if on Windows, you should get this popup window asking for confirmation:
XgGOsFV.png
If you dont get that popup, whichever way you do it, then you put it in the wrong folder.
When you open your /GameData/ folder, you should have /Squad and /TarsierSpaceTech together...
i dont know how to explain it clearer than that ;)

Then, make sure you extract the ModuleManager.dll in your /GameData/ folder with Squad & Tarsier, also... its required for tarsier. If you want any of the recommended mods, install them the same way I described, hopefully they will all package their release .zips by following the accepted "standard", method of packaging with /GameData/<mod_folder_name> folder structure... vOv

Edited by Stone Blue

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I just want to let you now of an NRE I just got. I'm not sure if anything is broken by this.

I have included the surrounding messages. It seems to be related to receiving science?!

Spoiler

[LOG 13:22:05.187] Warping to morning. Local time is 0.133818332038752 and desired time is 0.3 so ETA for daylight: 1 hour, 49 seconds
[LOG 13:22:05.190] Warping to UT:1571612.3. Max Rate Allowed: 5.0x.
[LOG 13:22:06.529] [Research & Development]: +4.500973 data on Surface Deployed Mystery Goo Observations from The Mun's surface. 18 Science added. Subject value is 1.00

[ERR 13:22:06.530] Exception handling event OnScienceRecieved in class TSTScienceParam:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at TarsierSpaceTech.TSTScienceParam.OnScienceData (System.Single amount, ScienceSubject subject, ProtoVessel vessel, System.Boolean notsure) [0x00061] in <f30d84ee0e944f82a283df802f44db64>:0 
  at EventData`4[T,U,V,W].Fire (T data0, U data1, V data2, W data3) [0x000b0] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0 

[EXC 13:22:06.531] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    TarsierSpaceTech.TSTScienceParam.OnScienceData (System.Single amount, ScienceSubject subject, ProtoVessel vessel, System.Boolean notsure) (at <f30d84ee0e944f82a283df802f44db64>:0)
    EventData`4[T,U,V,W].Fire (T data0, U data1, V data2, W data3) (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    EventData`4:Fire(Single, ScienceSubject, ProtoVessel, Boolean)
    ResearchAndDevelopment:SubmitScienceData(Single, Single, ScienceSubject, Single, ProtoVessel, Boolean)
    ResearchAndDevelopment:SubmitScienceData(Single, ScienceSubject, Single, ProtoVessel, Boolean)
    Expansions.Serenity.DeployedScience.Runtime.DeployedScienceExperiment:SendDataToComms()
    Expansions.Serenity.DeployedScience.Runtime.<UpdateScience>d__56:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    Expansions.Serenity.DeployedScience.Runtime.DeployedScience:FixedUpdate()

[LOG 13:22:06.532] Awarding 131522.787059701 funds to player for contract completion
[LOG 13:22:06.532] Awarding 5.985 science to player for contract completion
[LOG 13:22:06.532] Awarding 6.8 reputation to player for contract completion
[LOG 13:22:06.532] Added 3.932398 (6.8) reputation: 'ContractReward'.
[LOG 13:22:06.533] Contract (Science data from surface of The Mun.): We've just received experimental data from the surface of The Mun! Excellent.

<b><color=#8BED8B>Completion Rewards:</color></b> 
<color=#B4D455><sprite="CurrencySpriteAsset" name="Funds" tint=1>  131,523   </color>
<color=#6DCFF6><sprite="CurrencySpriteAsset" name="Science" tint=1> 6   </color>
<color=#E0D503><sprite="CurrencySpriteAsset" name="Reputation" tint=1> 7   </color>

[LOG 13:22:06.539] [DeployedScienceExperiment]: Surface Deployed Mystery Goo Observations from The Mun's surface has generated and successfully transmitted 18.004 Science points back to Kerbin
[LOG 13:22:08.886] Warping down...  UT: 1571115.5 DecelStart at 1571111.8 Overshoot is 3.7s.

EDIT: It seems to happen when the "new" ground experiments transmit science to KSC in the background, which is a different behaviour than normal science which would come from current vessel or when recovering. Maybe there is something in this specific instance that is not handled in Tarsier at this moment.

Edited by Warezcrawler
More info

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm getting a big screed of null reference exceptions when trying to use a deep space telescope, using v7.10 in KSP 1.8.1 which is also using JNSQ. The telescope will open, but the GUI is never displayed and the telescope doesn't close again. Specific situation where the bug occurred is using a deep space telescope in solar orbit in JNSQ 0.9.0 in KSP 1.8.1 with TST v7.10, logs below:

Spoiler

[EXC 19:34:59.832] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
    System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    MusicLogic+<PlayFlight>d__58.MoveNext () (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[EXC 19:35:01.204] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    TarsierSpaceTech.TSTCameraModule.set_Enabled (System.Boolean value) (at <b90d95465a1b496ca36e5898f0b91808>:0)
    TarsierSpaceTech.TSTSpaceTelescope+<openCamera>d__114.MoveNext () (at <b90d95465a1b496ca36e5898f0b91808>:0)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

I'm not entirely sure that the first exception is relevant, but directly after that there are about a hundred NREs from TST so I've included it anyway. Rolling back to v7.9 completely resolved the issue, no errors in the logs and the telescopes operate as normal, which to me says v7.10 is broken in some way.

36 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

I'm getting a big screed of null reference exceptions when trying to use a deep space telescope, using v7.10 in KSP 1.8.1 which is also using JNSQ. The telescope will open, but the GUI is never displayed and the telescope doesn't close again. Specific situation where the bug occurred is using a deep space telescope in solar orbit in JNSQ 0.9.0 in KSP 1.8.1 with TST v7.10, logs below:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not entirely sure that the first exception is relevant, but directly after that there are about a hundred NREs from TST so I've included it anyway. Rolling back to v7.9 completely resolved the issue, no errors in the logs and the telescopes operate as normal, which to me says v7.10 is broken in some way.

V7.10 is for KSP 1.9.x not KSP 1.8.x. It won't work on KSP 1.8.x.

For those that made the last few posts in this thread.

Please check that:
a) you have the correct version of the mod for the version of KSP you are running. You can't run a version of a mod on an older version of KSP than the mod was released for and expect it to work.
b) I don't support older versions of KSP or my mods.
c) I don't support CKAN.
d) The chemcam was broken in V7.8 under KSP 1.8.x, and no, I don't intend to release a fixed version for KSP 1.8.x - see b).

I updated the remote... AVC version info... that's what happens when something is a human/manual process. Which updating that website is.

The file in the distribution is correct and shows only for 1.9.x for V7.10.

• 2 weeks later...

@JPLRepo getting this Nullref from time to time, this is on career on my test install, was not using TST , i was doing something else and warping for a time then it came up... as far as i understand from the error it has something to do with contracts (witch i was not using) might be of interest

Spoiler

[EXC 16:34:02.280] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ResearchAndDevelopment.partTechAvailable (AvailablePart ap) (at <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0)
    ResearchAndDevelopment.PartTechAvailable (AvailablePart ap) (at <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0)
    TarsierSpaceTech.TSTTelescopeContract.Generate () (at <b90d95465a1b496ca36e5898f0b91808>:0)
    Contracts.Contract.Generate (System.Type contractType, Contracts.Contract+ContractPrestige difficulty, System.Int32 seed, Contracts.Contract+State state) (at <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0)
    Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContract (System.Int32 seed, Contracts.Contract+ContractPrestige difficulty, System.Type contractType) (at <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0)
    Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContract (System.Int32& seed, Contracts.Contract+ContractPrestige difficulty) (at <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0)
    Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContracts (System.Int32& seed, Contracts.Contract+ContractPrestige difficulty, System.Int32 count) (at <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0)
    Contracts.ContractSystem.RefreshContracts () (at <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0)
    Contracts.ContractSystem+<UpdateDaemon>d__47.MoveNext () (at <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0)

• 2 weeks later...

I tried writing a patch to add custom TST definitions for JNSQ, but they didn't work. I figured it was something I had done wrong, so I tried out the built-in OPM definitions in a clean install and those don't work either. All I get are the default values for the telescopes and chemcam and always the first value for each.

Using TST 7.9 in KSP 1.8.1, no other mods present except the dependencies for TST and JNSQ/OPM, I can't try it in KSP 1.9 because Kopernicus isn't compatible. Link to screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/lcR85O9

Dunno if such a suggestion would be beyond the scope of TST, but what about replacing the current telescope parts with a modular system? It could have, say, two rescalable parts ("Optical Telescope" and "Infrared Telescope") with different zoom values, and even support TexturesUnlimited by having actual reflective surfaces! 

EDIT: if not, is there a guide somewhere explaining how to add custom TST support to parts?

EDIT EDIT: just need to know how to add TST support; I'm working on reflective mirrors myself.

EDIT3: I figured it out!!!

F5Si4Ee.png

Edited by Tonas1997