[1.12.3] OMICRON - Flying Space Car - Release 0.6.6.6

Climberfx

Hey all.  I've got a glitch with the update, and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same.

When I click on the button to open cargo door, window, or the ladder, it slowly opens (normally), but when it reaches "full" open it snaps shut.  This occurs in both the hangar and on the airstrip.

BTW, the ladder is very neat.

Edited by thomash

9 hours ago, thomash said:

Hey all.  I've got a glitch with the update, and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same.

When I click on the button to open cargo door, window, or the ladder, it slowly opens (normally), but when it reaches "full" open it snaps shut.  This occurs in both the hangar and on the airstrip.

BTW, the ladder is very neat.

It's not a glitch. the stock module for animating parts have the fast behavior when in VAB/SPH. But it can't play or reverse in middle animations on each part, like crew two, that have more than one animation in it. And can't associate a sound fx to it too. So, i upgrade to Firespiter DLL animation module, so it can reserve in middle animation and associate a sound and play more than one animation for part. Is a choice i made. The Firespiter module, have normal speed playback in VAB/SPH (not fast as stock one).

Cheers

edit:

Wait, you say it closes when fully opened?

Have you the latest firespiter plugin?

You have the sound fx working there, right?

Edited by Climberfx

Hey Climber-

I have the latest Firespitter loaded.

But I noticed a couple of things.

In 0.3.0 in the hangar when you click to open the doors or windows they snap open and stay open, as they should.

• In 0.4.0 when I click on the "open" cargo bay door button, the doors slowly open and when they reach their open limit, they snap shut, and then repeat the action until I click to close the door. It's sort of like an animated GIF.  The windows and doors do the same thing.  It's the same in the hangar and on the runway.
  • Stock parts like solar panels work fine when they are attached to my Omicron ship.
  • Landing gear, VTOL translation, and lighting all work fine.

I reloaded 0.3.0 and everything works as it should, except no ladder.

So, something changed between 0.3.0 and 0.4.0.  It's possible that it is on my system, but I don't know why 0.3.0 would still work and 0.4.0 doesn't.

Thanks.

55 minutes ago, thomash said:

Hey Climber-

I have the latest Firespitter loaded.

But I noticed a couple of things.

In 0.3.0 in the hangar when you click to open the doors or windows they snap open and stay open, as they should.

• In 0.4.0 when I click on the "open" cargo bay door button, the doors slowly open and when they reach their open limit, they snap shut, and then repeat the action until I click to close the door. It's sort of like an animated GIF.  The windows and doors do the same thing.  It's the same in the hangar and on the runway.
  • Stock parts like solar panels work fine when they are attached to my Omicron ship.
  • Landing gear, VTOL translation, and lighting all work fine.

I reloaded 0.3.0 and everything works as it should, except no ladder.

So, something changed between 0.3.0 and 0.4.0.  It's possible that it is on my system, but I don't know why 0.3.0 would still work and 0.4.0 doesn't.

Thanks.

Hello @thomash.

That is because i changed from stock module, too firespiter module (version 7.5.1). Like i explained above.

It you look into your cfg files for the parts that have problem, you can see i commented out the old stock module (used in 0.3.2, .cfg part with // on animation) and implemented this new one, that supports sound_fx, and reverse the animation, but it play in normal speed in the VAB/SPH, not in fast as the stock one.

So, you can use 0.4.0, and on the parts you have this strange behavior, just open and edit that commented out part of animations in cfg, and invert it (remove // from the old part, and put // in front of the new part. It will work as 0.3.2. But will lost sound_fx and the ability to play more then one animation for each part in parallel.

example:

From this:    

MODULE
    {
//        name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
//        animationName = cargo_bay_doors
//        startEventGUIName = Open Cargo Bay
//        endEventGUIName = Close Cargo Bay
//        actionGUIName = Toggle Cargo Bay
//        actionAvailable = True

name = FSanimateGeneric
        animationName = cargo_bay_doors
        animSpeed = 1
        startEventGUIName = Open Cargo Bay
        endEventGUIName = Close Cargo Bay
        toggleActionName = Toggle Cargo Bay
        startDeployed = False
        availableInEVA = True
        availableInVessel = True
        EVArange = 5
        playAnimationOnEditorSpawn = False

fullyRetractedEffect = closed_bay
        fullyDeployedEffect = 
        startDeployEffect = open_bay
        startRetractEffect = close_bay
        layer = 0
        moduleID = 0
    }

to this:

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
        animationName = cargo_bay_doors
        startEventGUIName = Open Cargo Bay
        endEventGUIName = Close Cargo Bay
        actionGUIName = Toggle Cargo Bay
        actionAvailable = True

//        name = FSanimateGeneric
//        animationName = cargo_bay_doors
//        animSpeed = 1
//        startEventGUIName = Open Cargo Bay
//        endEventGUIName = Close Cargo Bay
//        toggleActionName = Toggle Cargo Bay
//        startDeployed = False
//        availableInEVA = True
//        availableInVessel = True
//        EVArange = 5
//        playAnimationOnEditorSpawn = False

//        fullyRetractedEffect = closed_bay
//        fullyDeployedEffect = 
//        startDeployEffect = open_bay
//        startRetractEffect = close_bay
//        layer = 0
//        moduleID = 0
    }

Gonna see why that happens, but i difficult to know, because it works here.

Edited by Climberfx

I manage to recover the two initial pages for this thread from google cache, so i save it as PDF and put in dropbox, for history purposes. If anyone wanna look into it, here goes the links for page 1 and 2.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xpkyv54ai7sasyl/[1.2.X] Omicron - Space Flying Car parts - Pre Release 0.3.0 - Add-on Releases - Kerbal Space Program - Page 01.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9li4wmdbldzme92/[1.2.X] Omicron - Space Flying Car parts - Pre Release 0.3.0 - Page 2 - Add-on Releases - Kerbal Spa.pdf?dl=0

Edited by Climberfx

I edited all of the cfgs as you described and everything is working the way it did in the past.  So that's good.  .I'm still puzzled over the fact that even though I was using the latest versions of both Omicron and Firespitter, that I had that problem.  

Looking forward to that adapter.

Thanks for the help.

Since I just spent several hours chasing down why some of my antennas would no longer deploy...

You need to change '@PART[O_antenna]:FOR[RemoteTech]' to '@PART[O_antenna]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]'.  :wink:  'FOR' declares that the mod exists - this file is creating it.  'NEEDS' means to only activate if the mod exists.

3 hours ago, thomash said:

I edited all of the cfgs as you described and everything is working the way it did in the past.  So that's good.  .I'm still puzzled over the fact that even though I was using the latest versions of both Omicron and Firespitter, that I had that problem.  

Looking forward to that adapter.

Thanks for the help.

That could be some conflict with other plugins, is so hard to detect. I recommend you to have your log files and try some support on firespiter. Until now, i know only you have that strange behavior.

If i know some one else, i let you know.

3 hours ago, DStaal said:

Since I just spent several hours chasing down why some of my antennas would no longer deploy...

You need to change '@PART[O_antenna]:FOR[RemoteTech]' to '@PART[O_antenna]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]'.  :wink:  'FOR' declares that the mod exists - this file is creating it.  'NEEDS' means to only activate if the mod exists.

Ok, doing that, will be on next release.

Already changed to all the Addons...

Cheers DStaal!

Edited by Climberfx

Any chance of part variants that use the standard crew system where you have to board via a hatch?

I imagine iva's won't be a problem as you kind of already have the models for them in the current parts?

Just asking as although I do love the clambering through the parts manually cool, it's a little too fiddly for me.

Keep up the good work though!!

Experiencing the same problem with the firespitter animations however, where they snap closed upon opening and endlessly repeating the animation..

Commenting the configs does fix it, although of course I can only open one door at a time..

I will share my log once I get back to my desktop..

Edit: what, two comments?! Stupid phone..

6 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

mod review by @Kottabos

Amazing. Love your review. Gonna see better and simple ways to use those parts you have some trouble. And update the Mr Fusion to work without TAC Life Support too.

Cheers Mate!

:D

5 hours ago, RB101 said:

Any chance of part variants that use the standard crew system where you have to board via a hatch?

I imagine iva's won't be a problem as you kind of already have the models for them in the current parts?

Just asking as although I do love the clambering through the parts manually cool, it's a little too fiddly for me.

Keep up the good work though!!

It's is possible, i already have a lot to do on this one, but after is ready, i am planning to do some habitats, and can think on other side parts too.

Edit: I'm already studying IVA execution, still some time to start doing it, but will be wonderful. rsrsrsrsrsrsrsr.

:wink:

Edited by Climberfx

Just now, Climberfx said:

Amazing. Love your review. Gonna see better and simple ways to use those parts you have some trouble. And update the Mr Fusion to work without TAC Life Support too.

Cheers Mate!

:D

lol I didn't make that review, @Kottabos made it. He has more than 200 reviews of different KSP mods on YouTube. I just thought I'd throw it up here for people to see.

1 hour ago, Capt. Kerb said:

Experiencing the same problem with the firespitter animations however, where they snap closed upon opening and endlessly repeating the animation..

Commenting the configs does fix it, although of course I can only open one door at a time..

I will share my log once I get back to my desktop..

Edit: what, two comments?! Stupid phone..

I'm studying some substitute for Firespiter dll to fix that issue. In the mean time is there a way to go back to how it works before on some early posts here.

Cheers!

14 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

lol I didn't make that review, @Kottabos made it. He has more than 200 reviews of different KSP mods on YouTube. I just thought I'd throw it up here for people to see.

Well done. I already knew him, but didn't catch that. Thank you for sharing.

Edited by Climberfx

I'm back, but before resuming the rear ramp, I made this tank with built-in decoupler for versions of Omicron with rocket lifter.

32636401385_5bc39c17cf_o.png

32513971991_8469664a7f_o.png

This is the short version, we will have medium and long, and a rocket engine version to use as lifter (Group of them with the same power as the current Vtol, but not switchable)