[1.12.3] OMICRON - Flying Space Car - Release 0.6.6.6

Climberfx

Hello!

Very beautiful mod,unique parts and things,but.....

when i open any other window,hatch doors and fuel tank hatch,the animations just keeps repeating

and sorry for bad english,i hope you have a great day

and the sabre engines aren't in the game parts list for me(you know the one that is to the left and and contains every part in the game)

help will be aprecciated

note:i have the latest version of KSP and The latest version of Omicron

Edited by ThiagoDoge7

1 hour ago, ThiagoDoge7 said:

Hello!

Very beautiful mod,unique parts and things,but.....

when i open any other window,hatch doors and fuel tank hatch,the animations just keeps repeating

and sorry for bad english,i hope you have a great day

and the sabre engines aren't in the game parts list for me(you know the one that is to the left and and contains every part in the game)

help will be aprecciated

note:i have the latest version of KSP and The latest version of Omicron

Hello Thiago.

Glad that you like it.

So, some people are having those glitches with animations after i update it to use Firespiter modules, but is a way to contour that. Look in this post, some pages before.

For the other part, i believe you need to do a dependencies check, there is a list in first post, and in the root dir of installation folder too.

For Vtol to show i believe you need to install Firespiter as well, download from github, there are a fix for 1.2.2 there, not oficial if i believe.

https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter/releases

The vtols use Firespiter to control de rotation of engines, and use a mirror mod, from Lo-Fi, this one are included in Omicron mod. Not sure why it ins't showing for you.

Check the dependencies, and download the new version i'm putting in minutes, then, if that won't work talk to me again.

Edited by Climberfx

1 hour ago, ThiagoDoge7 said:

the vtol engines appeared and they are working properly,just the animations that are repeating again(i have the latest version of your mod and all the dependencies)

Hey Thiago, that workaround will solve your problem, but it will remove the sound fx and will bug the animations when more then one is used each time, by part. That is another stock anim module bug, for parts with more then one animation. So, i was talking with Linuxgurugamer, one of the dev from firespiter, he told me it was a old version bug and is already fixed in the new version.

Firespiter is on 7.5.1, the version i use here. Check if there isn't other copies of this plugin on other subfolders, from the mods you have installed, making conflict. If there is not, i can't say what more you could do to solve that. In the future i may implement a self animation modules to keep all in house, but for now, i'm dependent from it.

here the link for the latest Firespiter.

https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter/releases

Sorry.

Edited by Climberfx

Have you considered making versions of the capsule parts that are each reentry safe and not reentry safe (and/or radially attached conformal heat shields to make the parts re-entry safe without requiring the added weight.)

The use of conformal heat shields could allow for upgrades to different types of heat shielding as the player advances in the tech tree. (Of course Abalator heat-shields will always be the most effective, but also non-reusable.   Titanium-alloy on ceramic composite mounts is most cost-effective, but has a lower maximum capacity.  Active cooling system would be a good top-tech method, along with active cryogenic cooling for handling more intense reentry.)  You may be able to use the part upgrade function to improve base shell heat tolerance with tech nodes.  (This provides advanced alloy shells for basic heat management without added weight.)

Another feature to add is splash-down pads for water as well as balast systems for underwater use.

@Ruedii I'm pretty sure the parts as they are have high enough heat tolerances to survive re-entry. Maybe for interplanetary re-entry you'd need additional heatshields but as they are, they might survive a Mun or Minmus return. You could also use the Mr. Cooler to help with re-entry.

Edited by Wadusher

You really should add to OP that TACLS is a sorta requirement for your glorious designed mod!
When I installed 0.5.2 I had TAC-related parts activated/shown from other mods.

ty for your work

maybe this helps you developing this mod further tho hehe :)

Edited by LatiMacciato

A few things I noticed.

First, the bulkhead attachment method is sloppy at best.  It might be a good idea to find some sort of node based system that will work with them.

Second, would you consider using interstellar mesh-switch for the nose intakes instead of having a separate part.  Also using intersteller mesh-switch for other parts could reduce part count.

Third the models are incredible, but the shader choice for glossiness and such needs work.  You should be able to change it and tune it with the Unity parttools.

Finally, could you create some stylized fuel tanks that go in the cargo bay?

This is a very awesome work. Thank you.

Have you ever thought to make Stationparts where the Kerbals can travel between the modules? Pizzaoverhead had somethinh like this but it wasn`t ready and isn`t updatet yet:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/118371-wip-free-iva-formerly-enhanced-iva-alpha-v003-10x-only-2015-10-11/

On my suggestion about Intersteller mesh switch, I'd like to note that this is probably the function this mod would benefit most from.

This could drastically reduce part count, allow disabling of unnecessary features of the craft to save weight/cost and allow to select between IVA and Open Cockpit designs.  (The IVA is created from a model of the standard equip open cockpit, of course.)

The biggest feature toggles I want are the ones to toggle the installation of the active cooling and toggling the installation of "Heavy heat shielding" to trade off weight and heat protection when making deep space models and reentry safe models.  Of course, some other people might want to be able to toggle things like integrated batteries and switch out fuel types.

Edited by Ruedii
Moar details.