[1.12.3] OMICRON - Flying Space Car - Release 0.6.6.6

Climberfx

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, so I'm back again, but this time my problem is that the VTOL engines keep doing this thing where one points down and the other up (Ignore the notification, I didn't realize it was there until now)

Problem

The thing is, though, it doesn't happen in the editor?

wut

Edited by SomeoneWhoLikesTrains
More information

Hey @SomeoneWhoLikesTrains, that was happening in an old version of the plugin, so lets check some things.

Look in plugin folder of Omicron, and check if there is other dll there, besides the only one that should be there. Omicron.DLL.

If yes, delete the others. Keep only Omicron.dll.

Second, if that won't fix it, lets try other thing. When you build the vessel, the normal way is to put the engine in one side, the left one, with symmetry mirror on. Then make the actions connections and done.

When you launch the vessel, the plugin check the world up direction, to define where the engine direction is. this flip happens to me when i come back to a already  in orbit ship for example, if it is left upside down, some times the engines come back inverted. To fix i just turn the upside of the ship to up orbit, go back to Space Center and go back to the inflight ship. That way it returns in the right way.

Try all this and give me feedback with details.

I will try to evolve this engine side check up in the future.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Swank! :D

I'm sure the Kerbals would love a right-sized version to tool around in.

That i can do. Let me finish it first this human sized, then i'll port it to Kerbals!

Edited by Climberfx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2020 at 8:18 AM, Feellikeapple said:

help, can't use tank variations

Hello Feellikeapple.

You must have B9partswitch so the tank variations to work.

-     B9PartSwitch to have option to switch from fuel types in parts that have fuel option (download from original forum thread), big thank you to Blowfish;
   http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/140541-122-b9partswitch-v153-dec-8-switch-fuels-models-nodes-and-more/

• 3 weeks later...

I, too, have issues with the engines. Interestingly, they seem to want to be paired up. By this I mean even if I add individual engines on each side and configure them appropriately, they still want to join up as symmetrical. Example: Upon re-entering a scene with the Omicron having been left in working order, one of the pair of VTOL will be flipped upside down as if it never received Right/Left mode, and as if it is in symmetry with the other even though it never was. AFAIK I am on the most recent version as I have only just started to use it. I will re-verify this to be true and a lack of further reply will be confirmation of this.

tl;dr engines borked for me on latest version

• 2 weeks later...

I need to update to the last version and redo the code for the engines, because the way it is today, it will always check the up vector on start of vessel. If you get out and reload it with ship in side of upside down, that can cause some inversions.

But have no time to do it right now.

@ElonMusk Is this the Real Elon Musk from Tesla, SpaceX, Neurallink etc.?

Would love to knew him. He's my most admired human of the present.

Edited by Climberfx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh man, you can't imagine how crazy i  am to continue updates for Omicron, that new flying car too, but thanks God i'm having a lot of work to do.

But the good thing in all of this is that i will have money to buy a new machine, that will help evolve so much more on it.

Cheers BGYT.

Soon...

• 2 months later...

Wow a 1.12 update already?! Amazing. Changelog looks like you've worked hard! Curious if the engines still sometimes confuse themselves and their orientation.. Either way I'll be putting this in my 1.12 game. Waiting on more updates still but will return in future with any bugs etc.

On 7/6/2021 at 2:48 PM, ElonsMusk said:

oooo new toy! how fancy~ hope you have some fun with it!

Yep, working a lot on it, already start playing Halflife Alyx using Ocullus link and Quest 2. Maya is super fast, After, etc. Twinmotion super fast too.

A lot of stuff to do. I believe from September until end of the year I get my hands on Omicron so you guys can be using it on the latest version of KSP.

Chears Elons.

Edited by Climberfx