Old KSC Story?

Space20

So i've been flying a plane around kerbin when i found this perticular KSC. a bit away from the normal KSC

I mean, no suprise, its a old KSC from the early versions.

A second KSC! Any Backstory/Story to this? because theres another different thingy that resembles the KSC at sea.

http://imgur.com/Og1cjU4

Edited by Space20

Just now, Rocket In My Pocket said:

It's an "Easter egg."

Well, looking back at the earlier versions of KSP we can see that there was no KSC at first glance. (Version 0.1) So this "easter egg" might be a hint to the next update. We have 4 easter eggs in town. (including ufo and arches on Mun.)

6 hours ago, Space20 said:

So i've been flying a plane around kerbin when i found this perticular KSC. a bit away from the normal KSC

I mean, no suprise, its a old KSC from the early versions.

A second KSC! Any Backstory/Story to this? because theres another different thingy that resembles the KSC at sea.

http://imgur.com/Og1cjU4

That looks a little different than the one I have... yours is a white building, mine is a dark gray. Is this v1.2.2? Also, you speak of another KSC at sea; Where is this? I thought I'd found all of the anomalies (according to SCANsat).

22 hours ago, LordFerret said:

That looks a little different than the one I have... yours is a white building, mine is a dark gray. Is this v1.2.2? Also, you speak of another KSC at sea; Where is this? I thought I'd found all of the anomalies (according to SCANsat).

Well, Its a KSP_Watch tower bascially and a run down runway on a island.

Bravo. You just found the second most in-your-face Easter egg.

(*sarcasm mod off* I am surprised you haven't mentioned the first most in-your-face egg yet.)

There are literally dozens more. And they are ALL well known and well documented.

Edited by Tex_NL

21 minutes ago, Tex_NL said:

Bravo. You just found the second most in-your-face Easter egg.

(*sarcasm mod off* I am surprised you haven't mentioned the first most in-your-face egg yet.)

There are literally dozens more. And they are ALL well known and well documented.

Well, to me it's at least third: first is the KSC monolith, second is the airfield, and third is KSC2/baikerbanour ( this is the official name, btw, being the name of it's antenna)

5 minutes ago, MinimalMinmus said:

Well, to me it's at least third: first is the KSC monolith, second is the airfield, and third is KSC2/baikerbanour ( this is the official name, btw, being the name of it's antenna)

Exactly as I said; the second. He started talking about KSC2, now he's talking about the island runway.

3 hours ago, MinimalMinmus said:

Anyway, what would qualify as the fourth?

SPOILERS I guess?:

I'd probably say the rest of the ground-based antennas, seeing as you just have to follow the commlink lines to find them. After that...everything's more or less equal imo, without Kerbnet or SCANsat it's really just chance finding them.

EDIT: Actually, is the memorial to original Mk.1 capsule still around the KSC? If so, that'd make a good third, rather than KSC2.

Edited by GluttonyReaper

13 hours ago, GluttonyReaper said:

EDIT: Actually, is the memorial to original Mk.1 capsule still around the KSC? If so, that'd make a good third, rather than KSC2.

Neither the mk1 memorial nor KSC2 qualifies for third place for me.
The very first egg I personally ever found was on Mun. My first rover on Mun landed just a few km from an egg purely by accident.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14 minutes ago, Spacetraindriver said:

:0.0:

Are you serious?

8 minutes ago, MinimalMinmus said:

Not only he is dead serious, but the bug fix in the log was basically

"Removed the KSC on the mun. Don't ask."

Found those. They date from 2011. KSP v0.14.3

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KcO38ybk9jk/T3O4km6GheI/AAAAAAAABNI/1rmGXyOf254/s640/screenshot9.png
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9MOuSlOy6PE/T3O4cFuKsrI/AAAAAAAABMY/_cZRwFmayPI/s640/screenshot11.png

Edited by Tex_NL

On 1/17/2017 at 9:26 AM, Sharpy said:

I'm really tempted to pack up a bunch of Pathfinder parts, some parts from Extraplanetary Launchpads, a bunch of smart kerbals, drop them off at KSC 2, and reactivate the old site :D

'

That would be awesome

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.