[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Mark One Laboratory Extensions (M.O.L.E.)

Angelo Kerman

2 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

The part GameData\WildBlueIndustries\MOLE\Parts\Electrical\SolarBatteryModule.cfg is squeezed into the part below on lauch, at 1.3 G !

I can strut it as I want, always the same, at the same altitude ...

If you don't like it, then fix it and create a pull request.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Waxing_Kibbous said:

I just started an @Angel-125 brand career, pretty excited about the new stuff even early on- I noticed a glitch in the kerbal IVA portrait, is this a known issue, or do I have a mod conflict?

That might be unique to your system, I don't see that in my game. Glad you're having fun with the mod though. :) I built MOLE to fill a gap between the early game and mid game in terms of command pods and station parts- something that the DLC appears to be trying to accomplish as well. It'll be interesting to see what the stock Gemini looks like, I went through many iterations to achieve the look of the Brumby, all the while making sure that the kerbals had helmets and could see out the front real well.

I found the issue for future reference- using the MK-1 pod from the part overhauls (the last porkjet pack) causes the weirdness, probably due to the extra curvy bottom.

15 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

It'll be interesting to see what the stock Gemini looks like, I went through many iterations to achieve the look of the Brumby, all the while making sure that the kerbals had helmets and could see out the front real well.

I like the models and texturing of these parts, the attention to detail is keen :)

Edited by Waxing_Kibbous

So, I'm trying to use the KNUTS processor on the Dolores & it always says "mulch full". However, I could not find a storage template for mulch. What am I missing here?

Also, one other thing I just noticed. I'm running Strategia and have the Engineer Focus III strategy active; one of the things this does is make your engineers effectively 2 stars higher while on a mission. I'm showing my engineer with 3 stars, but when I try to scrap a part, I get the "insufficient experience" message. Don't know if this is on your side or Strategia's side of things.

Edited by Bombaatu

Trying out MOLE while I wait for some answers in my main save....  When I select some of the prebuilt craft in the VAB, the TITANS specifically, if I then decide to select a different craft, the new craft loads "ontop" of the old one.  The craft selection/loading menu doesn't disappear, and the Exit VAB button doesn't work. (Screenshots incoming)

Work around:

Load craft, decide naw want a different one.  Hit "New Craft" button.  Then hit the Load Craft button = Things work as they should.

Has this happened before?  So far my thread search hasn't found anything.

On 5/20/2017 at 1:11 PM, Bombaatu said:

So, I'm trying to use the KNUTS processor on the Dolores & it always says "mulch full". However, I could not find a storage template for mulch. What am I missing here?

Also, one other thing I just noticed. I'm running Strategia and have the Engineer Focus III strategy active; one of the things this does is make your engineers effectively 2 stars higher while on a mission. I'm showing my engineer with 3 stars, but when I try to scrap a part, I get the "insufficient experience" message. Don't know if this is on your side or Strategia's side of things.

I haven't looked at that in awhile. The Dolores probably needs mulch storage. MOLE doesn't support Strategia, it uses what the stock game says is your kerbal's experience level.

21 hours ago, smotheredrun said:

Trying out MOLE while I wait for some answers in my main save....  When I select some of the prebuilt craft in the VAB, the TITANS specifically, if I then decide to select a different craft, the new craft loads "ontop" of the old one.  The craft selection/loading menu doesn't disappear, and the Exit VAB button doesn't work. (Screenshots incoming)

Work around:

Load craft, decide naw want a different one.  Hit "New Craft" button.  Then hit the Load Craft button = Things work as they should.

Has this happened before?  So far my thread search hasn't found anything.

What version of MOLE? I redid the sample craft files and don't see any issues.

17 hours ago, smotheredrun said:

@Angel-125 I have 1.6.6   It's definitely not a game breaker though, too, it's always neat (for me anyways) to find a new bug or issue.  Only sometimes are they truly frustrating or "Save Breaking"....

Which specific sample craft are you having trouble with?

On 5/24/2017 at 4:29 PM, smotheredrun said:

I'll have a look again tonight when I get back near my computer

I just ran through all the sample craft, and as long as you have everything up to date, you won't have any problems.

So I've been having a problem trying to start experiments, specifically in relation to lab time.

Reading the readme and searching for 'lab time' references appears no one else mentioning this, so I'm wondering if its a mod conflict I have or if I'm just too dense to see it.

Basically I can't start experiments that use lab time resource. Lab time resource is always empty so I can never start an experiment because it always comes up 'Needs labtime resource'... I figured having a scientist would actually produce the resource as needed, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

So - How do I get lab time resource?

Edited by Xyd

5 hours ago, Xyd said:

So I've been having a problem trying to start experiments, specifically in relation to lab time.

Reading the readme and searching for 'lab time' references appears no one else mentioning this, so I'm wondering if its a mod conflict I have or if I'm just too dense to see it.

Basically I can't start experiments that use lab time resource. Lab time resource is always empty so I can never start an experiment because it always comes up 'Needs labtime resource'... I figured having a scientist would actually produce the resource as needed, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

So - How do I get lab time resource?

Check out the KSPedia, it explains it there.

The Korona Lite seems like it has waaaaaaay too much drag. Regular KSP, enter atmosphere at Mach 6ish, slows to sub mach without the parachute in an instant. Also put it on top of a rocket and it flips on launch if not covered by faring, even though VAB shows center of lift far below center of mass. Is it really supposed to be like that? 

On 5/24/2017 at 2:27 PM, AstroPawian said:

Can I remove LDEF files?is very spam in ksp 

What did you mean by very spam in ksp? I've been going through updating for 1.3 and decided to add this mod along with couple others. Some mods I've not added back yet because of not being updated. I have about 65 right now according to AVC and tried to start a new game to see how it was running. I find I get a lot of micro-freezing particularly when running science stuff. Haven't tried it yet without this mod. Might be some other mod didn't get fully fixed or now doesn't like something else.

Found out my freezing was [x] science mod.

On another note, In the game I started, I unlocked the Fulcrum engine and it seems a bit unbalanced. It has the vectoring of the T45, the lower mass of the T30, and more thrust than even the KW wildcat. Maybe the mod needs a balancing pass.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.