[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Mark One Laboratory Extensions (M.O.L.E.)

Angelo Kerman

On 11/2/2017 at 9:51 PM, EleSigma said:

@Angel-125There seems to be a problem with the Fulcrum Engine researching in my game. It appears on the tech tree at Heavier Rocketry, well past most of its upgrades. I have CTT and SETI's Unmanned Before Manned installed. It doesn't look like those mess with the MOLE parts. The cfg file says the Fulcrum should be in advRocketry, but it's not. I've removed the file for now, I'm stumped.

Might be a problem with the mods you have installed. I don't have any issues in stock.

I'm having difficulties with MOLE, LDEF, DSEV, and PathFinder not letting me reconfigure some parts. The Mk1 Habitat, Appaloosa, MOLE module, MOLE Botanical Lab, Bigby Orbital Workshop, Coach Logistics Modules, Korona Supply Capsule, Structural Adaptor, all the Titan storage tanks, Titan Adaptor Tank, Slanted Adaptor, LDEF Botany Module, and WB-400 and WB-700 tanks all won't hold anything or let me reconfigure storage or manage operations. The OMS kit, Station Logistics Hub, and LDEF Resource Container let me reconfigure them without problems.

Edited by StevieC

6 hours ago, StevieC said:

I'm having difficulties with MOLE, LDEF, DSEV, and PathFinder not letting me reconfigure some parts. The Mk1 Habitat, Appaloosa, MOLE module, MOLE Botanical Lab, Bigby Orbital Workshop, Coach Logistics Modules, Korona Supply Capsule, Structural Adaptor, all the Titan storage tanks, Titan Adaptor Tank, Slanted Adaptor, LDEF Botany Module, and WB-400 and WB-700 tanks all won't hold anything or let me reconfigure storage or manage operations. The OMS kit, Station Logistics Hub, and LDEF Resource Container let me reconfigure them without problems.

Make sure you installed everything correctly. I've got no issues on my end.

2 hours ago, RobinVerhulstZ said:

@Angel-125 Is there an altitude requirement for the MOLE lab to work? Mine doesn't seem to be doing much at all...

I need more details.

7 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Make sure you installed everything correctly. I've got no issues on my end.

I need more details.

Oh, eh, yeah i sorted it out already, i just hadn't started the experiments yet and thought because the productivity was 0 (vessel productivity was 1.9 ish) it wasn't working...

But on another note, does the altitude affect the speed?

@Angel-125I deleted the WBI folders and reinstalled from scratch, first installing WildBlueTools, then MOLE, then DSEV, then Pathfinder, and then Buffalo. Still have the same issue. As I mentioned in the Pathfinder thread, the problem also affects some of its parts, too.

I'm trying it now without Pathfinder or DSEV installed, to see if that makes any difference

Edited by StevieC

1 hour ago, StevieC said:

@Angel-125I deleted the WBI folders and reinstalled from scratch, first installing WildBlueTools, then MOLE, then DSEV, then Pathfinder, and then Buffalo. Still have the same issue. As I mentioned in the Pathfinder thread, the problem also affects some of its parts, too.

I'm trying it now without Pathfinder or DSEV installed, to see if that makes any difference

Ok, I'll need to see screenshots and logs showcasing the issue. I've got no problems with reconfiguring my stuff, so I suspect there is an installation issue or mod conflict. Do you have IFS installed?

On 11/9/2017 at 10:11 AM, StevieC said:

yes I do have IFS installed. Would that be the source of the problem?

Could very well be it. If you see both the IFS fuel switcher and the WBI fuel switcher, the IFS switcher is overriding any configurations you set with WBI. You'll need to go into the IFS configuration files and add !MODULE[WBIConvertibleStorage] to the list of modules to exclude the patch from. The patches are found under PatchManager/ActiveMMPatches. I think it's the IntegrationLiquidFuel and IntegrationLiquidFuelOxidizer.

okay I'm doing a clean re-install of KSP, and adding just WBI and MOLE. Will report back whether the problem occurs.

UPDATE: Okay, the problem did NOT occur when I just had MOLE installed, BUT! when I installed the other WBI mods like DSEV, Pathfinder, and Buffalo, that's when the problem started occurring. Doing some more experimentation to narrow down possible culprits.

UPDATE 2: After deleting ALL WBI mods EXCEPT the bare essentials needed for MOLE, the MOLE parts do NOT regain their functionality.5q0rgAW.png

Edited by StevieC

15 hours ago, StevieC said:

okay I'm doing a clean re-install of KSP, and adding just WBI and MOLE. Will report back whether the problem occurs.

UPDATE: Okay, the problem did NOT occur when I just had MOLE installed, BUT! when I installed the other WBI mods like DSEV, Pathfinder, and Buffalo, that's when the problem started occurring. Doing some more experimentation to narrow down possible culprits.

UPDATE 2: After deleting ALL WBI mods EXCEPT the bare essentials needed for MOLE, the MOLE parts do NOT regain their functionality.5q0rgAW.png

See if MOLE 1.9.1 helps any.

18 hours ago, StevieC said:

UPDATE 2: After deleting ALL WBI mods EXCEPT the bare essentials needed for MOLE, the MOLE parts do NOT regain their functionality.

Sometimes the WBI downloads, based on their respective ages, have different versions of the various supporting folders.
This is because angel125  keeps rolling out improvements, and good on 'im.

It also means when you install a WBI mod, if you just overwrite everything you may be replacing one of those supporting folders with an older version.
Which can cause problems.

In my experience that's the most common cause of "why can't I reconfigure anymore?" problems.

So when you're installing WBI mods, check the version files and file dates of the supporting folders in the archive to make sure you're not overwriting something new with something old.

On 11/12/2017 at 6:53 PM, Foozle said:

Sometimes the WBI downloads, based on their respective ages, have different versions of the various supporting folders.
This is because angel125  keeps rolling out improvements, and good on 'im.

It also means when you install a WBI mod, if you just overwrite everything you may be replacing one of those supporting folders with an older version.
Which can cause problems.

In my experience that's the most common cause of "why can't I reconfigure anymore?" problems.

So when you're installing WBI mods, check the version files and file dates of the supporting folders in the archive to make sure you're not overwriting something new with something old.

I go to great lengths to avoid overwriting new with old, but the problem seems to persist. Trying another clean reinstall now.

UPDATE: Okay. I started by installing WildBlueTools from here, in a fresh install of KSP. I then installed DSEV from here, making sure NOT to overwrite anything from the WBT install. I run KSP, test the DSEV science lab. Works perfectly. Can manage operations with no trouble. I exit KSP and next I install Pathfinder (sans Buffalo) from here, again taking extra care to NOT overwrite anything. Start KSP again, and suddenly, the Moho and Delta tanks from DSEV can't be reconfigured, and I can no longer manage operations in the D2 science-lab, the D2 habitat, or the D2 centrifuge. I haven't even gotten around to installing MOLE yet and already things broke.

Edited by StevieC

1 hour ago, StevieC said:

I go to great lengths to avoid overwriting new with old, but the problem seems to persist. Trying another clean reinstall now.

UPDATE: Okay. I started by installing WildBlueTools from here, in a fresh install of KSP. I then installed DSEV from here, making sure NOT to overwrite anything from the WBT install. I run KSP, test the DSEV science lab. Works perfectly. Can manage operations with no trouble. I exit KSP and next I install Pathfinder (sans Buffalo) from here, again taking extra care to NOT overwrite anything. Start KSP again, and suddenly, the Moho and Delta tanks from DSEV can't be reconfigured, and I can no longer manage operations in the D2 science-lab, the D2 habitat, or the D2 centrifuge. I haven't even gotten around to installing MOLE yet and already things broke.

I'm going to guess that you're just not able to use WBI mods. I don't know why you're having install issues; nobody else is having that problem, or I'd see a lot more complaints. All the WBI mods are up to date with the latest WildBlueTools and the BARIS bridge. The only thing I can think of is completely remove all WBI mods, then install all the ones you want, and see what happens. If that doesn't work, then I don't know what it could be.

Edited by Angel-125

2 hours ago, StevieC said:

IUPDATE: Okay. I started by installing WildBlueTools from here, in a fresh install of KSP.

That sounds oddly familiar.

I had trouble with the standalone download of WBT a little while back.  Same symptoms, too, now that I think about it.

Got around it by just using the most recent version of WBT in the WBI mods themselves instead.  That tuned out fine.

Caveat: I'm still on 1.3 so your mileage may vary.  And the version of the standalone WBT was different as well.

Still might be worth trying though...

EUREKA!

I've tracked down and identified a culprit behind my troubles! It's FireSpitter Resource Manager. Apparently it conflicts in a manner similar to Interstellar Fuel Switch

Some problems still occur without me installing that particular mod but omitting it seems to resolve at least some of the problems

Edited by StevieC

Small correction. I've identified the true nature of the problem. Once I've installed one of @Angel-125's mods into a KSP install, the first time I run the game, the mod works flawlessly. But every time I run KSP after that, that particular mod will NOT work. So Each and every one of your mods works perfectly!

Once.

Then it won't work unless I reinstall KSP again, from scratch.

On 11/20/2017 at 9:15 PM, StevieC said:

Small correction. I've identified the true nature of the problem. Once I've installed one of @Angel-125's mods into a KSP install, the first time I run the game, the mod works flawlessly. But every time I run KSP after that, that particular mod will NOT work. So Each and every one of your mods works perfectly!

Once.

Then it won't work unless I reinstall KSP again, from scratch.

I can't do anything without logs.

Meanwhile, MOLE 1.9.3 is now available:

- All docking ports now have configurable lights. They'll automatically switch on when you set them as your docking target.
- TAC-LS balancing- thanks Space Kadet! :)
- Fixed missing resource icons
- WBT Update

On 12/1/2017 at 2:43 AM, Space Kadet said:

Hello oh god of mole, and hater of my bugs..... the mark one hab has dolores habitat, that when tac is installed still produces mulch and not waste.
apologies and thanks! :D 

Not a bug. The K.N.U.T.S. experiment requires Mulch.

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering what the rational was to have WBI_Mk1DockingPort have CLS support while WBI_Mk2DockingPort does not? I've noticed a few other pieces that seem to be missing CLS where I would have expected it, but that is the one that really confuses me.

5 hours ago, Lechrenski said:

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering what the rational was to have WBI_Mk1DockingPort have CLS support while WBI_Mk2DockingPort does not? I've noticed a few other pieces that seem to be missing CLS where I would have expected it, but that is the one that really confuses me.

I don't use CLS, so I'm sure there are a bunch of parts that don't have CLS support. I do take pull requests though. :)

First I want to say I really enjoy your MOLE mod, especially now that I'm doing a harder career & I'm using the lower tech parts for much longer.  I was wondering though, has anyone seen this on the Fulcrum engines:  It looks like the exhaust plume is starting above the nozzle instead of just below the mouth of the nozzle like the adjacent stock engines.

LjWBOI7.png?1

z7h7IBi.png?1

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 7:05 PM, Angel-125 said:

I don't use CLS, so I'm sure there are a bunch of parts that don't have CLS support. I do take pull requests though. :)

Ah. I'm currently playing my first game with CLS, so I thought there might be a reason.

I'm not sure such a small thing makes sense for me to set up Git for since I don't (yet) mod. However, here is the updated patch to fix all of the parts that I've encountered so-far in my career run:

@PART[bigbyFairing,WBI_BigbyDecoupler,WBI_OMSKit2,WBI_SolarBatteryModule,WBILDEFTrippleRack,WBILDEFDoubleRack,WBILDEFRack,WBIMOLEServiceBay,WBI_Backseat2,WBI_MK85HeatShield,WBI_WB400,WBI_FCP,WBI_SD18,WBI_SD25,WBI_TitanInstrumentUnit,WBI_Adapter,WBI_Coach225,WBI_Coach300,WBI_Coach500,WBI_Brumby,WBI_StationHub2,WBI_Mk1DockingPort,WBI_DR18,WBI_S18Separator,WBI_S25Separator,WBI_fairingSize18,fairingSize3,WBI_PowerModule,WBI_AirlockModule,WBI_MK2-5HeatShield,WBI_BigCrewModule,WBI_ShortInterstageAdapter2,WBI_InterstageAdapter,WBI_InterstageAdapter25,WBI_InterstageAdapter375,WBI_MK85ISC3,WBI_WB700,WBI_MOH18,WBI_MOBL18,WBI_Mole182,WBI_MOLEDrydock,WBI_Mk375Drydock,WBI_BatteryModule,WBI_BOW,WBI_LargeSAS,WBI_OMSKit2,WBI_SlantedAdapter]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
		passable = true
	}
}

@PART[WBI_Mk1RadialDockingPort,WBI_Mk2DockingPort,WBI_DR18]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
		passable = true
		passableWhenSurfaceAttached = true
	}
}

If I come across more things, though, I'll start making pull requests. I also have USI Life Support installed in this run, so that might be my next compatibility target...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.