[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Mark One Laboratory Extensions (M.O.L.E.)

Angelo Kerman

8 hours ago, Alpha512 said:

I've just downloaded the mod (10.1.2) but the only part that shows up is the 1.875m fairing. Everything else gone. Maybe I didn't notice some dependency? Or a mod conflict? Any ideas?

Sounds like install error. Mind giving us a picture of your GameData folder? And the WBI folder, for that matter? Normally, the logs are important, too, but we'll start with that.

Install problem. You have nested GameData folders. It looks like you unzipped the download directly into your gamedata folder. You need to open the zip archive and copy everything from the gamedata folder inside the zip archive to the gamedata folder in your KSP install. It should look like KSP\gamedata\WildBlueIndustries

Edited by Tarheel1999

normally I'd be like 1.85m -> BLEH but then news is that 1.85 is coming to stock so I'm like =\

I'm probably not going to install this for my main game until after 1.4, but the main issue I have test-flying it right now is that the launchers you provide are much much too "hot" coming off the pad... The SLT should be exactly 1.8000000000000000, this comes from many thousands of hours of experience with the game. if it's 1.79 or less then you waste fuel and don't get enough speed. If it's 1.81 or more then you have too much engine and the rocket WILL break apart as you try to turn it. 

Also, Separatrons should always be positioned on the stage being discarded, not on the stage you keep, they are rarely actually needed.... 

Edited by AlonzoTG
added note...

3 hours ago, AlonzoTG said:

normally I'd be like 1.85m -> BLEH but then news is that 1.85 is coming to stock so I'm like =\

I'm probably not going to install this for my main game until after 1.4, but the main issue I have test-flying it right now is that the launchers you provide are much much too "hot" coming off the pad... The SLT should be exactly 1.8000000000000000, this comes from many thousands of hours of experience with the game. if it's 1.79 or less then you waste fuel and don't get enough speed. If it's 1.81 or more then you have too much engine and the rocket WILL break apart as you try to turn it. 

Also, Separatrons should always be positioned on the stage being discarded, not on the stage you keep, they are rarely actually needed.... 

First I was like, maybe I should address your concerns, then I was like, not worth my time to bother with an entitled user like you. Go bother someone else, I have better things to do.

Whatever, actually I'm kinda falling in love with the bigby orbital workshop, it's almost an essential compliment to your Pathfinder stuff. You got a lot of good ideas here (and a few bad...). I think it would be a good idea to complete the factorization of the mod into different groups so it's easier to pick the stuff you want in your game. 

By way of apology, I should explain where I'm coming from. My modpack is about ten times larger than any sane modpack should be. I'm not exactly sure what my operating system is telling me about it's memory usage, it seems to be allocating up to twenty gigabytes of ram and using up to sixteen gigabytes... Due to issues with the core game this does get worse over a game session. By way of metrics, ksp-avc reports about 71 mods installed and the module manager reports about 28,000 patches.   Additionally, I have rockets in my active fleet that have been in service since 2014...  So how do I make this all work? I go through each and every mod and evaluate every part, I trim out parts that have either been incorporated (in some way) with stock or have been done better by other mods, so for any given mod I might have 40-75% of the parts that came with that mod, the remaining being edited to resolve legacy issues. Nova Punch was released before people started using size node 4, so I have to edit those to use the newer size node. Other parts have legacy modules and have to be re-jiggered a little to make it work. I have the last extant copies of some beautiful transparent glass pods, I had to update the encoding of the jsi transparent pods. So when I come across your mod and yes you have some brilliant functionality but then many of the parts are either in this odd size (1p5) that I don't use in my game and most fall under the description "fashionista", yeah it makes rockets look beautiful but then I have twice as many fuel tanks as I'll ever use right now so no, I'm not going to install these. =\ Another red flag for me is the word "for" this means the part violates the Lego Principle and doesn't really belong in my pack, -- this is not something you have a problem with but I'm just saying...  

On 2/23/2018 at 9:22 PM, AlonzoTG said:

*snip*

you should look at the saturn 5..... the whole point of them on a real rocket is to separate the craft, AND push all the fuel in the tanks to the valve at the bottom to aid ignition. 

people make mods for the community, if you wanna alter something fine, if you wanna make suggestions thats cool too, but you just dont sound nice. Constructive criticism is one thing but just saying someones ideas are bad.... what in the actual kerbal fornication? 

Edited by Space Kadet

Hi all and sorry to bother you hard working honest folks. 

I seem to have an issue with the Logistics Module using TAC-LS.  Not sure if it's a mod conflict or what, but whatever config I choose, the module has Food 1.1, Water 0.7 and Oxygen 111.1. Waste, waste water and carbon dioxide. The other resources change according to the config, but these values are fixed, even if I choose something like the Food config or the Oxygen config. 

Additionally on the small info pop-up you get by right clicking an item, it shows the config I have selected correctly, but in the applet that pops when selecting 'reconfigure storage' it will only show the 'Configuration; field either the top 3 items Tac purifier, Tac  splitter or Tac Extractor .. or 'Storage'. The configuration title doesn't change  when one of the other configs is chosen.

Other resources will be added correctly, although the config title will show incorrectly,  For example, in the pic below The module is configured for ore, but is displaying on the right hand panel that it's Tac Water Splitter

zOYpVze.png

I have quite a few mods installed.  Unfortunately I've forgotten how to submit a log..

19 minutes ago, Chippy the Space Dog said:

Hi all and sorry to bother you hard working honest folks. 

I seem to have an issue with the Logistics Module using TAC-LS.  Not sure if it's a mod conflict or what, but whatever config I choose, the module has Food 1.1, Water 0.7 and Oxygen 111.1. Waste, waste water and carbon dioxide. The other resources change according to the config, but these values are fixed, even if I choose something like the Food config or the Oxygen config. 

Additionally on the small info pop-up you get by right clicking an item, it shows the config I have selected correctly, but in the applet that pops when selecting 'reconfigure storage' it will only show the 'Configuration; field either the top 3 items Tac purifier, Tac  splitter or Tac Extractor .. or 'Storage'. The configuration title doesn't change  when one of the other configs is chosen.

Other resources will be added correctly, although the config title will show incorrectly,  For example, in the pic below The module is configured for ore, but is displaying on the right hand panel that it's Tac Water Splitter

I have quite a few mods installed.  Unfortunately I've forgotten how to submit a log..

How to Get Support

Here ya go! Unfortunately, this is all the help I can give at the moment. Probably something either the MM patch or the redecorate part of the plugin, but the log is probably going to be essential for bug-chasing.

Edited by Krakatoa

4 hours ago, Krakatoa said:

How to Get Support

Here ya go! Unfortunately, this is all the help I can give at the moment. Probably something either the MM patch or the redecorate part of the plugin, but the log is probably going to be essential for bug-chasing.

Many thanks for the reply. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dodnr8w4q6emoaz/output_log.txt?dl=0 

On 3/1/2018 at 10:04 PM, Chippy the Space Dog said:

Found the conflicting mod:

Modular Fuel Tanks

Honestly, I kept finding conflict problems with MFT (particularly with MJ)...  and so I switched to Configurable Containers.

Just wanted to say how much fun I'm having with this mod!  Love the look and the rockets "feel" smooth across the power curve, allowing for very precise burns.  I have yet to build a full-up space station with these parts exclusively but I have smaller craft off doing LDEF experiments or integrated with my stock craft to get a feel for their functionality.

Thank you very much for the hard work on this!

I have a question, I believe the Bigby solar observatory comes from this mod? where would I find details on exactly how it's meant to be used? I'm specifically asking, low/high planetary orbit, or should it be on a solar orbit? If I'm wrong about the bigby coming from this mod, if anyone knows which mod it does come from and could point me to the correct forum page to ask for help, I'd appreciate it greatly. thanks for your time.

Edited by vardicd

15 hours ago, Tarheel1999 said:

Look in the KSPedia. Angel has generally been really good at including detailed info in the KSPedia entries for his mods. 

You know, never even thought to look there. Honestly never really used it, kinda forgot it was there. thanks for the tip. will look.

4 hours ago, Modding Maniac said:

So im using 1.4.1 and the 1.3.1 version of MOLE, and everything is fine, except for the fact that the MOLE itself and a few other parts are not appearing

None of my mods are updated for 1.4.1 yet. Expect to see problems until I do. Work is in progress but I have a lot on my plate.

About a year ago, I worked on a feature for KerbalActuators (the thingy that lets Buffalo's tilt-rotors rotate) that has remained hidden due to a key component not working properly. Thanks to @sirkut's generous support, I can finally add a part into MOLE that I've wanted for awhile. Here's the demo video of what I worked on:

MOLE is finally getting a programmable robotic arm! Much appreciated, @sirkut! :) The next MOLE update is going to be a bit as I'm optimizing meshes to improve render performance, bringing the Titan tank texturing up to DSEV standards, and adding a parafoil part for the Brumby to glide home with. I might just do a 1.4.1 compatibility update with some of that before making the parts. Anyway, the next set of parts will finally make MOLE feature complete!

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

About a year ago, I worked on a feature for KerbalActuators (the thingy that lets Buffalo's tilt-rotors rotate) that has remained hidden due to a key component not working properly. Thanks to @sirkut's generous support, I can finally add a part into MOLE that I've wanted for awhile. Here's the demo video of what I worked on:

-snip-

MOLE is finally getting a programmable robotic arm! Much appreciated, @sirkut! :) The next MOLE update is going to be a bit as I'm optimizing meshes to improve render performance, bringing the Titan tank texturing up to DSEV standards, and adding a parafoil part for the Brumby to glide home with. I might just do a 1.4.1 compatibility update with some of that before making the parts. Anyway, the next set of parts will finally make MOLE feature complete!

Woohoo, a Kanadarm!

2 hours ago, TDplay said:

Woohoo, a Kanadarm!

Yup! This was originally a collaborative project with Pak. I'd make the plugin and he'd make jaw dropping artwork. Unfortunately, I could not make the plugin work. But sirkut was kind enough to provide the missing link- literally! Now we're both unstuck. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.