[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Mark One Laboratory Extensions (M.O.L.E.)

Angelo Kerman

10 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Yup! It's all done with config files, and the event card format will be documented on the wiki page. Also, event cards can be completely disabled if desired.

You may need a separate thread for trading these cards, if people are going to create their own.

Coming soon from KerbalKids Press: Jebadiah and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

Went to sleep with gum in my mouth, woke up with gum in my helmet.

I think I'll move to Duna.

Edited by Sudragon

I've been messing around with the Knes K-IXV 'Patin' capsule.

The capsule has a 1000L KIS bay that I've been trying to make convertible to KIS or MOLE experiment carrier (Science! mode), using WBIConvertableStorage. Is it possible to only change the 1000L of the cargo without affecting the rest of the capsule resources...like ablator. And Oxygen.

Edited by Sudragon

Question:  I think this is an LDEF experiment I can't seem to figure out.  

Mission: Research Soil Analysis at Kerbin   ( I can't seem to find any LDEF part to finish the mission but I have met all conditions just can't complete it.)

Any clues?  And where do I get plants?

Edited by Vaga

So silly question, I am about knee deep into my career game one my stream and I have had a few people help me. I have the Buffalo installed as a mod because I love it. Sadly I never caught the M.O.L.E. to install and I am not against putting it into the game I am playing however, I am here about the Contracts that seem to be added by WBI. The research ones, it seems to point me to the M.O.L.E. but I was wondering if the BUFFALO was capable of doing them as well? 

Thanks everyone, also thanks @Angel-125 for some amazing stuff.

Necro

5 hours ago, Vaga said:

Question:  I think this is an LDEF experiment I can't seem to figure out.  

Mission: Research Soil Analysis at Kerbin   ( I can't seem to find any LDEF part to finish the mission but I have met all conditions just can't complete it.)

Any clues?  And where do I get plants?

Plants I can answer off the top of my head: From a Greenhouse.  There's one in the MOLE form factor, and one in the LDEF form factor.

11 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

It is tied to the stock RepairSkill. All Engineers have it.

I was more interested in the variety of modded-in professions I have, and which ones might have it.  (I have the MKS ones, as well as a few I've written, and at least one other I've found around here.)  But that answer covers it.  :wink:

Not sure whether I think it'd be a good idea to add your own skill for that or not.  I'd be more flexible in how it's set up, but it also makes sense that the same guy who can repair wheels is the guy who can repair other parts.

3 hours ago, DStaal said:

Plants I can answer off the top of my head: From a Greenhouse.  There's one in the MOLE form factor, and one in the LDEF form factor.

Something seems wrong.  I have the greenhouse attached to the LDEF but still can not get plants to grow at all.  I tried with 2 scientists = 0 productivity, 2 engineers I get 2.something productivity but no plants, 1 scientist and one engineer -4 productivity and no plants.  The LDEF botanical experiment is not making plants on its own or with the greenhouse.

Only resource being used is snacks and all resources are full. 

Also on a side not I don't remember having this problem with TAC-LS installed. However I made a new game with snacks because TAC-LS was having problems.  I might have to try my TAC-LS save and see what happens.

Edited by Vaga

11 hours ago, Sudragon said:

I've been messing around with the Knes K-IXV 'Patin' capsule.

The capsule has a 1000L KIS bay that I've been trying to make convertible to KIS or MOLE experiment carrier (Science! mode), using WBIConvertableStorage. Is it possible to only change the 1000L of the cargo without affecting the rest of the capsule resources...like ablator. And Oxygen.

Yes. Take a look at the MOLE lab or MOH config files. there is a field called resourcesToKeep. It specifies which resources to not get rid of when you change the configuration.

3 hours ago, DStaal said:

I was more interested in the variety of modded-in professions I have, and which ones might have it.  (I have the MKS ones, as well as a few I've written, and at least one other I've found around here.)  But that answer covers it.  :wink:

Not sure whether I think it'd be a good idea to add your own skill for that or not.  I'd be more flexible in how it's set up, but it also makes sense that the same guy who can repair wheels is the guy who can repair other parts.

I debated whether or not to add my own skill, but my policy is to use the stock skill sets wherever possible, and the RepairSkill fit the bill perfectly. Engineers are really helpful when your stuff breaks down..

52 minutes ago, Vaga said:

Something seems wrong.  I have the greenhouse attached to the LDEF but still can not get plants to grow at all.  I tried with 2 scientists = 0 productivity, 2 engineers I get 2.something productivity but no plants, 1 scientist and one engineer -4 productivity and no plants.  The LDEF botanical experiment is not making plants on its own or with the greenhouse.

Only resource being used is snacks and all resources are full. 

Also on a side not I don't remember having this problem with TAC-LS installed. However I made a new game with snacks because TAC-LS was having problems.  I might have to try my TAC-LS save and see what happens.

Works just fine for me, it's a simple stock converter that takes water, fertilizer, and electricity to make plants.

7 hours ago, zeineizoku said:

So silly question, I am about knee deep into my career game one my stream and I have had a few people help me. I have the Buffalo installed as a mod because I love it. Sadly I never caught the M.O.L.E. to install and I am not against putting it into the game I am playing however, I am here about the Contracts that seem to be added by WBI. The research ones, it seems to point me to the M.O.L.E. but I was wondering if the BUFFALO was capable of doing them as well? 

Thanks everyone, also thanks @Angel-125 for some amazing stuff.

Necro

Currently the Buffalo mod doesn't have an experiment lab. The Crew Cab serves as a portable geology lab, but not a general purpose experiment lab. I might add a Wagon-like expandable module at some point that can serve as a mobile laboratory though.

A couple weeks ago, I tried to dock 2 ships both using the MK1 Docking Port. The magnets pulled them together but they didn't want to dock. Tried using RCS to back off and retry, but the magnets wouldn't allow the craft to fully back off. Tried turning the angle snap on and off and was about to give up when they docked.

Tonight, tried sending a ship to a large station. The ship had a MK1 Docking port on the nose and then a DR-18 below the pod to leave part of it with the station. First I tried docking the MK1 to a Clamp-O-Tron Jr on the station, but there didn't even seem to be any magnetic pull. Tried angle snap on and off and nothing. Gave up, seperated the sections and tried docking the DR-18 to one on the station. Magnets pulled together, though not that much force. Angle snap turned on rotated it 180 from what mech Jeb and docking port alignment indicator mod said it should be. Again, tried turing snap on and off several times, tried with it turned on on one port and off on the other. But after several minutes, I gave up. They won't dock.

Stock docking ports seem to be working and RoverDudes construction ports are working. But not MOLE ports.

On 8/11/2017 at 0:46 PM, Angel-125 said:

Currently the Buffalo mod doesn't have an experiment lab. The Crew Cab serves as a portable geology lab, but not a general purpose experiment lab. I might add a Wagon-like expandable module at some point that can serve as a mobile laboratory though.

okay so the simple fix to the Wild Blue Industries 'Research' on body/orbit 'X' would be to just install M.O.L.E. which I am A-Okay with ^_^ thank @Angel-125

Edited by zeineizoku
Fixing my late night Typos... -__-

To patch into MOLE, is this the correct syntax;

@PART[Knes_Command_K-IXV]:NEEDS[KIS|MOL]

If I need both mods and want to do menu selection of function between KIS and Science! storage?

At the risk of dropping a BS-8 Utility Wrench into the BARIS works...what happens with ExtraPlanetary Launchpads? Do the Mk1 and Mk2 Drydocks have 'orbital' bays?

11 hours ago, Vorg said:

A couple weeks ago, I tried to dock 2 ships both using the MK1 Docking Port. The magnets pulled them together but they didn't want to dock. Tried using RCS to back off and retry, but the magnets wouldn't allow the craft to fully back off. Tried turning the angle snap on and off and was about to give up when they docked.

Tonight, tried sending a ship to a large station. The ship had a MK1 Docking port on the nose and then a DR-18 below the pod to leave part of it with the station. First I tried docking the MK1 to a Clamp-O-Tron Jr on the station, but there didn't even seem to be any magnetic pull. Tried angle snap on and off and nothing. Gave up, seperated the sections and tried docking the DR-18 to one on the station. Magnets pulled together, though not that much force. Angle snap turned on rotated it 180 from what mech Jeb and docking port alignment indicator mod said it should be. Again, tried turing snap on and off several times, tried with it turned on on one port and off on the other. But after several minutes, I gave up. They won't dock.

Stock docking ports seem to be working and RoverDudes construction ports are working. But not MOLE ports.

I don't see those issues. I'm able to dock two Mk1 ports together just fine along with the Mk2 and the DR-18.

11 hours ago, Sudragon said:

To patch into MOLE, is this the correct syntax;

@PART[Knes_Command_K-IXV]:NEEDS[KIS|MOL]

If I need both mods and want to do menu selection of function between KIS and Science! storage?

At the risk of dropping a BS-8 Utility Wrench into the BARIS works...what happens with ExtraPlanetary Launchpads? Do the Mk1 and Mk2 Drydocks have 'orbital' bays?

I accounted for off-word production of vessels with BARIS (I use EL as well). When you build off-world, you've effectively gone through vehicle integration and your part quality/vessel reliability will reflect that.

Ok, a little help please.

Any of the mole hab things, seem to be partly broken for me.

Instance, I wish to store 3 kerbals in the garden hab, with a command capsule on top. I take a kerbal, put him in the CM, and then try to transfer him back to the botany lab - but it says it is full, and goes for other MOLE and habitats too.

Basically, I cannot transfer Kerbals back into the labs...

Thanks,

Fritz

Edited by ThiccRocketScientist

1 hour ago, ThiccRocketScientist said:

Ok, a little help please.

Any of the mole hab things, seem to be partly broken for me.

Instance, I wish to store 3 kerbals in the garden hab, with a command capsule on top. I take a kerbal, put him in the CM, and then try to transfer him back to the botany lab - but it says it is full, and goes for other MOLE and habitats too.

Basically, I cannot transfer Kerbals back into the labs...

Thanks,

Fritz

I'll need logs and a full mod list. I've no issues with transferring kerbals in and out of the parts.

5 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I don't see those issues. I'm able to dock two Mk1 ports together just fine along with the Mk2 and the DR-18.

I got 2 Mk1's to dock, but it took awhile. However, it's the Mk1 and a stock Jr which the writing says should work, but won't even attract. 2 DR-18's attract and rotate align, but wouldn't dock. They also, didn't really even attract until I activated snap on both ports. They seemed to be pulling together, but got stronger when snap was activated.

But a Jr and a Mk-1 don't even act like docking ports when together. AVC list 88 mods, so removing them would be a pain. And given it seems to only be the MOLE ports that are acting up...

Spoiler

KSP: 1.3 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit
000_AT_Utils - 1.4.4
Toolbar - 1.7.14
USI Tools - 0.9.2
Ablative-Airbrake - 0.2
Antenna Helper - 0.4
Astrogator - 0.7.7
Chatterer Extended - 0.6.1
Chatterer - 0.9.93.1804
CollisionFX - 4.0
Community Category Kit - 2.0.1
Community Resource Pack - 0.7.1
CommunityTechTree - 3.2
Contract Configurator - 1.23.2
Crew Light - 1.6
CryoEngines - 0.5.8
CryoTanks - 0.4.7
DistantObjectEnhancement - 1.9.1
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3.0.10
DynamicBatteryStorage - 1.1
Easy Vessel Switch - 1.3
FarFutureTechnologies - 0.2.3
Firespitter - 7.6
Flexible Docking - 1.0.5
GroundConstruction - 1.2
JSIAdvTransparentPods - 0.1.14
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.3
KAS-1.0 - 1.0.1326.6383
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.3
Kerbal Foundries - 2.0.2.7
HyperEdit - 1.5.4
Feline Utility Rover - 0.6.1
KerbNet Controller - 1.0.3
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.5
MKS Patches for KPBS - 1.0
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
KSPRescuePodFix - 1.1.0.7
KSPWheel - 0.9.5.17
KWRocketryRedux - 3.1.4
XT Landertron - 1.1
Lights Out - 0.2.1
Infernal Robots - 2.0.12
Maeneuver Node Evolved - 1.0.3.1
MarkIVSystem - 2.3.6
NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicatorCE - 1.0.2
NavHud - 1.3.3
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.7
NearFutureConstruction - 0.8.3
NearFutureElectrical - 0.9.5
NearFutureLaunchVehicles - 1.1.1
NearFutureProps - 0.1
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.9.4
NearFutureSolar - 0.8.6
NearFutureSpacecraft - 0.7.3
EVAHandrailsPackContinued - 0.2.1.5
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.4.5
Precise Maneuver - 2.3.1
Procedural Wings - 0.12.2
RCS Build Aid - 0.9.1.1
RealPlume - Stock - 0.11.4
SCANsat - 1.1.8
Science Relay - 1.0.4.1
SmartActuation - 1.1.0.2
SmartParts - 1.9.7
StageRecovery - 1.7.2
StationPartsExpansion - 0.5.1
TokamakIndustries - 0.1.9
Trajectories - 1.7
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.5
Transfer Window Planner - 1.6.2
USI Core - 0.4.1
Asteroid Recycling Tech - 0.10.1
USI Exploration Pack - 0.8.1
Freight Transport Tech - 0.7.1
Karbonite - 0.9.1
Konstruction - 0.2.1
USI-LS - 0.6.1
Malemute Rover - 0.3.1
MKS - 0.52.1
Sounding Rockets - 0.6.1
USI Alcubierre Drive - 0.6.1
Universal Storage - 1.3.0.1
VaporVent - 1.1.5.1
Waypoint Manager - 2.7
WildBlueTools - 1.23
Mark One Laboratory Extensions - 1.7.2
OSE Workshop - 1.2
[x] Science! - 5.9

18 hours ago, Vorg said:

I got 2 Mk1's to dock, but it took awhile. However, it's the Mk1 and a stock Jr which the writing says should work, but won't even attract. 2 DR-18's attract and rotate align, but wouldn't dock. They also, didn't really even attract until I activated snap on both ports. They seemed to be pulling together, but got stronger when snap was activated.

But a Jr and a Mk-1 don't even act like docking ports when together. AVC list 88 mods, so removing them would be a pain. And given it seems to only be the MOLE ports that are acting up...

Reveal hidden contents

KSP: 1.3 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit
000_AT_Utils - 1.4.4
Toolbar - 1.7.14
USI Tools - 0.9.2
Ablative-Airbrake - 0.2
Antenna Helper - 0.4
Astrogator - 0.7.7
Chatterer Extended - 0.6.1
Chatterer - 0.9.93.1804
CollisionFX - 4.0
Community Category Kit - 2.0.1
Community Resource Pack - 0.7.1
CommunityTechTree - 3.2
Contract Configurator - 1.23.2
Crew Light - 1.6
CryoEngines - 0.5.8
CryoTanks - 0.4.7
DistantObjectEnhancement - 1.9.1
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3.0.10
DynamicBatteryStorage - 1.1
Easy Vessel Switch - 1.3
FarFutureTechnologies - 0.2.3
Firespitter - 7.6
Flexible Docking - 1.0.5
GroundConstruction - 1.2
JSIAdvTransparentPods - 0.1.14
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.3
KAS-1.0 - 1.0.1326.6383
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.3
Kerbal Foundries - 2.0.2.7
HyperEdit - 1.5.4
Feline Utility Rover - 0.6.1
KerbNet Controller - 1.0.3
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.5
MKS Patches for KPBS - 1.0
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
KSPRescuePodFix - 1.1.0.7
KSPWheel - 0.9.5.17
KWRocketryRedux - 3.1.4
XT Landertron - 1.1
Lights Out - 0.2.1
Infernal Robots - 2.0.12
Maeneuver Node Evolved - 1.0.3.1
MarkIVSystem - 2.3.6
NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicatorCE - 1.0.2
NavHud - 1.3.3
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.7
NearFutureConstruction - 0.8.3
NearFutureElectrical - 0.9.5
NearFutureLaunchVehicles - 1.1.1
NearFutureProps - 0.1
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.9.4
NearFutureSolar - 0.8.6
NearFutureSpacecraft - 0.7.3
EVAHandrailsPackContinued - 0.2.1.5
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.4.5
Precise Maneuver - 2.3.1
Procedural Wings - 0.12.2
RCS Build Aid - 0.9.1.1
RealPlume - Stock - 0.11.4
SCANsat - 1.1.8
Science Relay - 1.0.4.1
SmartActuation - 1.1.0.2
SmartParts - 1.9.7
StageRecovery - 1.7.2
StationPartsExpansion - 0.5.1
TokamakIndustries - 0.1.9
Trajectories - 1.7
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.5
Transfer Window Planner - 1.6.2
USI Core - 0.4.1
Asteroid Recycling Tech - 0.10.1
USI Exploration Pack - 0.8.1
Freight Transport Tech - 0.7.1
Karbonite - 0.9.1
Konstruction - 0.2.1
USI-LS - 0.6.1
Malemute Rover - 0.3.1
MKS - 0.52.1
Sounding Rockets - 0.6.1
USI Alcubierre Drive - 0.6.1
Universal Storage - 1.3.0.1
VaporVent - 1.1.5.1
Waypoint Manager - 2.7
WildBlueTools - 1.23
Mark One Laboratory Extensions - 1.7.2
OSE Workshop - 1.2
[x] Science! - 5.9

In that case, don't use the MOLE docking ports. Like I said, I don't have any problems with them, but you do have other docking options. :)

My guess is that you have a mod conflict. I just re-tested all the ports and the Mk1 port can indeed dock with a stock docking port Jr.

Edited by Angel-125

MOLE 1.8 is now available:

1.8 BARIS: Building A Rocket Isn't Simple

When I began working on M.O.L.E. in late 2014, I had the idea that your early space stations would wear out and require maintenance and/or replacement. I've finally realized that vision with BARIS. You can think of BARIS (the name is a nod to Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space) as a highly customizable Dangit-lite combined with vessel construction and event cards. Don't want your drills or converters to break? Don't want the hassle of parts wearing out? Do you prefer not to send Equipment up to repair your parts, or to requrire specific skills to repair them? No problem! All that and more are options. As always, It's Your Game, Your Choice.

BARIS IS OFF BY DEFAULT! You'll have to opt-in via the Settings->Difficulty->BARIS tab.

With BARIS, your space station parts now have wear and tear, which is indicated by the part's Quality rating. They're unlikely to break during their normal design life, but they can start to break down after you exceed their design life. If you perform maintenance on them, you can reduce the chance that they'll break. A broken drill or base part won't function, which can be either annoying or life threatening depending upon the mods you have installed. Once you fix the part, it will continue to function, but its design life will be reduced- unless you disable that option.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.