[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Mark One Laboratory Extensions (M.O.L.E.)

Angelo Kerman

Hey I ran into a strange thing that only affects MOLE parts. I was wondering if anyone else ran into it before.

Some of the parts have the wrong mass. For example the station hub is 4.75 tons (should be 1.25), and the diameter is displayed wrong also: it shows 2.6M when it should be 1.875.

I tried deleting & re-installing a fresh copy of MOLE (including WB tools). Still there.

Tried deleting Tweakscale  & no go.

I even tried changing the mass in the config file to .001 tons. Then it shows up as 3.501 tons. So it's not scaling the mass, It's just adding an extra 3.5 tons.

I'm totally stumped where this extra weight is coming from.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

I thought that at first also. The parts in question do have configurable cargo. But even when set to 'Storage' (KIS) & no parts loaded inside (which should add zero mass) the extra mass still persists.

It's different amount for different parts too.

The Mole Lab, Crew Hab, & Greenhouse all should be 1.375 tons, but they read 2.75 tons (an extra 1.375)

The Bigby Workshop should be 4 tons & it's 9.995 tons (the only really 'odd' amount).

I'm pretty good at pattern recognition & I can find no rhyme nor reason to it.

Only some of the MOLE parts are affected, all other parts (vanilla or other mods) are fine.

Edited by Fixitman
Wrong term used

I have found something. I have Roverdudes mods which I'm guessing is why modules use material kits to change their function. But the Bigby Orbital Workshop when set as Tinker shop still makes equipment which now seems to have no use.

This mod uses equipment for reconfiguring certain modules 'in the field'.

You can launch the Bigby Workshop as 'wet workshop' so it's a fuel tank (LFO). Then when you get to orbit you can use 2000 equipment to convert the empty tank to something else (like the Tinker Shop or Skylab). Same way with the MOLE lab. It can be launched as a fuel tank, then in orbit it costs 550 equipment to convert to MOLE lab (smaller so less equipment needed).

Just like the Air Force was planning to do back in the '60s. NASA wasted millions looking into ways to convert the main shuttle tank into habitable space after reaching orbit (but sadly never did).

1 hour ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

This looks totally awesome! :D

Unfortunately, since I'm still flarping about in 1.2, it will be a long time before I actually get to experience it. ;.;

Actually, BARIS will come with two versions of the dll: 1.3 and 1.2.2. :)

This looks like quite a nice new mod. I am eyeing to use KCT at some point in the future, but it is a bit intimidating (I have unfortunately little time to play, so I'm still a rookie :( ). This might be a nice intermediate state (and adding KCT later on).

Some questions: how would it work if inserted in the middle of an existing save ? would the old vessels remain fail-proof, or would they start to experience wear ? Does the state of the parts affect what you get as part of recovery funds (e.g. "Recover vessel" or Stage recovery - I guess the second would require some support in Stage Recovery) ?

In any case, I'll probably want to use it at some point, when I am a bit more confident in my play :)

BTW, thanks for all your mods! I like them quite a lot :)

I got a station into orbit tonight, but ran into a problem. It looks like the BigBy workshop doubles as a science lab. But there doesn't seem to be a hatch to transfer data to it. The data is in another part of the station and when I review it, the lab button is greyed out. I see no other option to transfer the data between station section. Does it need a full crew of 3? I have 2 scientist on it now.

9 hours ago, Joal ban Kluane said:

This looks like quite a nice new mod. I am eyeing to use KCT at some point in the future, but it is a bit intimidating (I have unfortunately little time to play, so I'm still a rookie :( ). This might be a nice intermediate state (and adding KCT later on).

Some questions: how would it work if inserted in the middle of an existing save ? would the old vessels remain fail-proof, or would they start to experience wear ? Does the state of the parts affect what you get as part of recovery funds (e.g. "Recover vessel" or Stage recovery - I guess the second would require some support in Stage Recovery) ?

In any case, I'll probably want to use it at some point, when I am a bit more confident in my play :)

BTW, thanks for all your mods! I like them quite a lot :)

Thanks! :) It will be bundled with my mods but also available stand-alone. When inserted into an existing save, new and existing vessels will start to experience wear and tear. The state of the parts does not affect recovery funds.

7 hours ago, Vorg said:

I got a station into orbit tonight, but ran into a problem. It looks like the BigBy workshop doubles as a science lab. But there doesn't seem to be a hatch to transfer data to it. The data is in another part of the station and when I review it, the lab button is greyed out. I see no other option to transfer the data between station section. Does it need a full crew of 3? I have 2 scientist on it now.

You need a minimum of 3 crew members to run the lab.

I've found a potential mod conflict between Science Relay, Commnet Constellation & (possibly) MOLE. If all three are installed, attempting to get a science report from the craft freezes the system. Uninstalling either Science Relay or CC resolves the issue; for now, I find Science Relay more useful, so that's what I'm sticking with.

To test: install just SR, CC & MOLE (with its dependencies). Create a 'ship' using the Backseat command pod & launch. Right-click and click Crew Report.

There are no errors in the logs; the game just stops responding altogether and has to be force-quit.

2 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

I've found a potential mod conflict between Science Relay, Commnet Constellation & (possibly) MOLE. If all three are installed, attempting to get a science report from the craft freezes the system. Uninstalling either Science Relay or CC resolves the issue; for now, I find Science Relay more useful, so that's what I'm sticking with.

To test: install just SR, CC & MOLE (with its dependencies). Create a 'ship' using the Backseat command pod & launch. Right-click and click Crew Report.

There are no errors in the logs; the game just stops responding altogether and has to be force-quit.

I don't know why there would be a mod conflict, I use a lot of stock modules. I use Science Relay in my career save and don't have any issues.

Also, new KSPedia entry:

YaKoKZH.png

What I don't say is that event cards are definitely inspired by the Liftoff boardgame and the news reports you used to get during Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space.

3 minutes ago, razark said:

Can the Event Cards be configured, beyond the "more severe effects" mentioned above? 

For example, can I go into the files and edit which ones are available?

Yup! It's all done with config files, and the event card format will be documented on the wiki page. Also, event cards can be completely disabled if desired.

Edited by Angel-125

Something else I found but forgot to include in the post is, when using Automated Science Sampler you have a drop down list of parts on the ship that can store science, like command pods, etc.. The BigBy is listed twice exactly the same way even though there was only one of them on the station. 

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

I don't know why there would be a mod conflict, I use a lot of stock modules. I use Science Relay in my career save and don't have any issues.

I think it might be an interaction between Science Relay & Commnet Constellation. The odd thing is it didn't happen if the ship had no MOLE parts; a straight-up Mk1 Capsule did not experience this issue. Weird.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.