[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Mark One Laboratory Extensions (M.O.L.E.)

Angelo Kerman

I have not had the chance to upgrade, but a question/suggestion:

Konstruction has PAL devices as well. Part of the functionality includes a boost to the lifting abilities of nearby Kerbals when using KIS. The reasoning is that the crane might be unwieldy in-game and we cannot control both an operator Kerbal and the crane at the same time for KIS attachment. Have you done the same with your krane and would you consider it? I think the relevant code got referenced here

Hello there,

About my Brimby issue, it cause a freeze of the client... after being docked I can't exit the missioni or anything, I'm stuck in game... and saving had made my game crash.

Any clue of what's wrong? CLS or Ship Manifest issues?

Album a/2TEgl will appear when post is submitted

Here is my log : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HhbXn2_1RC9Ny9-D7rvNY3R_USJ3rHl7

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards.

Edited by FrancoisH
Finishing post but can't solve Imgur album...

I have trouble with visual effects for some engines, namely fulcrum and O-2. I am using KSP 1.3.1 and MOLE 1.10.2. For Fulcrum, there is no visual effect at all (no engine fire even though it is activbe and produces thrust) while for O-2 it appears to be active even though its not. (no thrust, engine not active, but engine fire coming out of the nozzles). Any idea as to what might be causing it? I'm not running mods such as realplume.

Okay, lemme make sure I'm using this right...

I have two sections of a spacecraft I wish to connect on orbit. I added a Mk1 Radial Docking Port to the parts I wished to weld, docked them on orbit, and EVA'd an engineer Kerbal. Right clicked on one of the ports, clicked the "Weld Ports" button... and it simply disconnected the part the port was attached to in the VAB.

Is there some step I'm missing here? Or did I do this wrong?

On 4/23/2018 at 3:27 PM, MaverickSawyer said:

Okay, lemme make sure I'm using this right...

I have two sections of a spacecraft I wish to connect on orbit. I added a Mk1 Radial Docking Port to the parts I wished to weld, docked them on orbit, and EVA'd an engineer Kerbal. Right clicked on one of the ports, clicked the "Weld Ports" button... and it simply disconnected the part the port was attached to in the VAB.

Is there some step I'm missing here? Or did I do this wrong?

Welding docking ports isn't working properly at this point in time. I'd probably have to redo it once KSP stabilizes.

MOLE 1.15.1 is now available:

- Recompiled for KSP 1.4.3.
- Improved resource summary in the geology lab.
- Fixed a situation where resource distribution that wouldn't distribute resources.
- Adjusted Classic Stock resource densities to reflect the 5-liter standard used by most stock resources.
- Adjusted Classic Stock storage capacities to reflect the 5-liter standard used by most stock resources. These changes will affect new parts and when you reconfigure an existing part.
- Classic Stock is now the default Play Mode for new installs of WBI mods. Existing games are unchanged.

The manage operations window kept breaking when I tried clicking on 'converters' (going blank and getting stuck on screen, while the log flooded with errors).... I think you forgot to included the updated BARISBridge.dll in the new releases, as mine doesn't match the one in the newest BARIS release; I'll replace it and try again.

Update: Replacing the barisbridge file fixed it.

Edited by PhazonS

@Angel-125 there is an issue with the
GameData\WildBlueIndustries\MOLE\Parts\Engine\OMSKit.cfg

see

and

and
https://github.com/MuMech/MechJeb2/issues/1025

I decided to finally post it here because there are three different mods who create weird issues only when the OMS kit is either active or still in the vessel in a later stage.

Actual log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/13nqcda4oao18y2/2018-05-08_2 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

Edited by Gordon Dry

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure how to install the newest version of MOLE it has a different file format than the other versions. For example the older versions had a WildBlueIndustries folder that you could plop in a Gamedata folder. But the new version has a folder called MOLE master that doesn't do anything when in a Gamedata folder.

1 hour ago, Scorpiodude said:

I am not sure how to install the newest version of MOLE it has a different file format than the other versions. For example the older versions had a WildBlueIndustries folder that you could plop in a Gamedata folder. But the new version has a folder called MOLE master that doesn't do anything when in a Gamedata folder.

You downloaded the master instead of the release version. If you got it from Github, just navigate to the releases tab.

Two station arms moving one another:

It is possible, but the tolerances are very low, and RUD is the norm also, you need to be very careful about quicksaves, if the arms hold one another you get explosions. That being said, I imagine that you only will need to move your arms every once in a while, and the process is fascinating. The arms are a lot more forgiving than RoverDudes konstruction mod, and I think it will be feasible to actually use them for assembling a station.

Three suggestions: First, it might be beneficial to be able to save snapshots independently of the individual arm and save. I do not know whether it would be to much of a hassle to code, then don't bother. But as it stands, I need to write down presets on a piece of paper so I can encode them.

Second, if the arm was less than 1t, a single kerbal could move it with KIS and reattach it where needed. This is of course a balance issue, but might be worth considering.

Third: I have already suggested this, but the ability of the Konstruction cranes to boost KIS lifting capacity is a quite nifty abstraction you might want to consider including. However, given that your arm is so much more efficient, it might not be worth the hassle of incorporating.

A small bug that I guess cannot be helped: If the arm is being held and you activate the actuators, they still move relative to the joint. From the posts in this thread I understand why, but there might be some way of disabling the actuators? I however can see the problem of determining when to disable them.

Again, I really think this is a game changing addition, getting the things I want from Infernal Robotics without having to deal with the problems of disjointing. This addition alone is reason to upgrade to 1.4.x series.

Playing around with the station arm, I have found that it overheats on reentry when stoved in a MK3 cargo bay. Digging a bit around, I found out that it probably is caused by the COM being placed as if the arm is upright and fully extended. Thus, it is outside the cargo bay while the entire model is inside the bay. I suspect that it is this placement that also gives problems if you try to use KIS to replace it, as the kerbal is more than 3 meters away from the COM if they are at the root of the arm.

Thus, I would suggest that you move the COM to the base of the arm. I know that this will make the entire arm flail around that end upon the ever-so-present explosions in KSP, and it might be troublesome for small vessels equipped with arms, but it seems like the gains will outweigh the problems.

In all cases, the possibilities of the arm easily outweigh the 30000 funds repair tag whenever I have done i mission with my cargo SSTO.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.