[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Mark One Laboratory Extensions (M.O.L.E.)

Angelo Kerman

1 minute ago, Svish said:

Ooh... I thought the Mk1 Docking Port and the Mk1 Radial Docking Port was basically the same... maybe that explains why my attempt to weld two Mk1 Docking Ports together just now, to grow my space station, basically made the station fall apart... or is that a bug perhaps...? 

Yes, but not because of the different ports. The welding mechanic is broken right now - it was reported a few pages back.

16 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

Yes, but not because of the different ports. The welding mechanic is broken right now - it was reported a few pages back.

Ah... :/ Guess that explains why it worked with the construction ports then...

Any idea why I can't seem to attach the USI Konstruction docking jr ports to those hub side nodes? How do they differ from the MOLE dockng ports? Is that related, or just me being newb?

Edited by Svish

43 minutes ago, Svish said:

Any idea why I can't seem to attach the USI Konstruction docking jr ports to those hub side nodes? How do they differ from the MOLE dockng ports? Is that related, or just me being newb?

That I can't tell you; I've not used the USI Konstruction mod.

1 hour ago, Svish said:

USI construction ports are only able to dock with other USI construction ports of the same size

2 hours ago, Svish said:

You can attach them but you need to rotate them to the most appropriate position first with WASDQE. (e. g. it doesn´t work when the ports are horizontal and the attachment node is vertical) Also keep in mind that you have to place each one manually, symmetry mode doesn´t work for them.

Edit: You can also right click in the VAB/SPH on parts in the part list to the left to get suplemental information on them. That e.g. tells you the difference between the WBI docking ports. :wink:

8 hours ago, panarchist said:

There's tons of information on how USI-LS works now, including a video from RoverDude on how to set values in MM config files for custom parts like MOLE, Pathfinder, and others.  Check the USI-LS thread, and ask for a link to the spreadsheet and YouTube video there if you can't find it - if you want to create the files yourself, or if you want to better understand how it's supposed to work.  There's also a lot of info on the USI-LS Github Wiki.

Sorry, my statement was unprecise. What I actually meant is that there is no explanation about how the material kits work in the changelog.

7 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0oqO3xbswk <- link to USI LS guideline vid by RoverDude

Thanks for the hints panarchist and TheRagingIrishman, that video is what I was looking for. I love excel sheets :cool:. I am catching up with all the new USI mechanics along with my current career.

Edited by dr_evil

Hi there,

I get some NRE logspam after taking the contract to research power tools on mun. I have contract configurator installed too, not sure if it has anything to do with it.

This is the error message I get:

[ERR 22:45:16.333] [ContractParameter] - Call to OnUpdate failed System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ContractsPlus.Contracts.WBITargetBodyParam.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.ContractParameter.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

As soon as I cancel the contract the NRE spam stops instantly. I would post my full logfile but it exceeds the limits of pastebin. Any ideas?

6 hours ago, dr_evil said:

Hi there,

I get some NRE logspam after taking the contract to research power tools on mun. I have contract configurator installed too, not sure if it has anything to do with it.

This is the error message I get:

[ERR 22:45:16.333] [ContractParameter] - Call to OnUpdate failed System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ContractsPlus.Contracts.WBITargetBodyParam.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.ContractParameter.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

As soon as I cancel the contract the NRE spam stops instantly. I would post my full logfile but it exceeds the limits of pastebin. Any ideas?

I get this too :/

After frustration with the current iteration of TAC-LS  led to me trying Kerbalism for a life support mod, I've noticed that it doesn't play well with Wild Blue's reconfigure capacity. The MOLE lab module has lost it's reconfigure capacity, but the Botany Lab and Appaloosa backseat  haven't . The inflatable lab from pathfinder has the same problem. Any ideas anyone?

5 hours ago, Sudragon said:

After frustration with the current iteration of TAC-LS  led to me trying Kerbalism for a life support mod, I've noticed that it doesn't play well with Wild Blue's reconfigure capacity. The MOLE lab module has lost it's reconfigure capacity, but the Botany Lab and Appaloosa backseat  haven't . The inflatable lab from pathfinder has the same problem. Any ideas anyone?

None of my mods have an up to date Kerbalism patch.They aren't very compatible with Kerbalism due to the way it does things, unfortunately. Someone who uses Kerbalism would need to update the patches for things to work.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Thanks. :) I'll have that in the next update, which hopefully will be in a couple weeks. I've got something new brewing...

No problem.  I'm not sure what I want to be doing in KSP at the moment - I was playing a real career, but my contracts just reset for the second time so I'm a bit lost.

5 hours ago, DStaal said:

I'm guessing that's a preview of *this* mod: WBI already has a 'parts can break' option...

The MOLE mod?  and you say that Wild Blue Industries also has a "break"  option?  I wasn't aware, but I am aware of at least one new mod which does something like this.

OK, thanks

11 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

tJVaaqi.png

(with debug turned on...)

5 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Hey @Just Jim, this guy's ganking your Kerbals! :sticktongue:

Hey... bring Jandolin back!!!  lmao.... :sticktongue:

No, seriously... what mod is this? Whatever is giving the message about Jandolin switching to a backup system... is this from M.O.L.E.? I don't remember ever seeing it before this.

Edited by Just Jim

5 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Hey... bring Jandolin back!!!  lmao.... :sticktongue:

No, seriously... what mod is this? Whatever is giving the message about Jandolin switching to a backup system... is this from M.O.L.E.? I don't remember ever seeing it before this.

Lol, it took me a bit to realize that I had a Jandolin in my test save! Unfortunately she's not in my career save though. Oh well, she is one of the test kerbals that helps me test various mods...

8 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Lol, it took me a bit to realize that I had a Jandolin in my test save! Unfortunately she's not in my career save though. Oh well, she is one of the test kerbals that helps me test various mods...

That's still pretty cool... my Jandolin's a scientist... so her job is to test things!  :)

Edited by Just Jim

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.